The Blue Barrel in the Bedroom? #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I saw it, and it doesn't look anything like the blue barrel that Cassandra described. Cassandra put a picture up of a blue barrel that she said is identical to the one she saw. The photo of the blue container that Ric Mims sent Greta, is more square with a hinged lid and is low - about 2 feet by 2 feet, and look rather small - too small to put a body in.
Yes, this would be the 3rd blue container now to be mentioned (Barrel, rubbermaid type tote, now this one). Ric Mims simply said it was there and now was gone. It didn't look very big, but it would seal much better. Perhaps this is where the purse, cell phone, and other items are? Was it just me or did this new container seem to be metal as opposed to plastic?

When I had questioned this difference before, someone suggested that the rectangular storage container- if stood up- could appear to the neighbor to be a barrel. Maybe???

I still think there's a big difference between that and a chlorine barrel.

mystery:

Someone did post that if the unknown blue container was standing upright, and the neighbor was seeing it from across the street, that it would look like a barrel.

I think there are only 2 types of objects we have here. One is definately a "barrel" and the other a "rectangular" shape.

Ric could or could not be talking about one of them, depending on how close he was to the object and how it was positioined at the time he saw it.

When I had heard the report of the blue barrel I immediately had a mental picture of it in my mind. We owned one years ago, used to put all of our things that we needed to keep dry on our annual canoe trips.
It was a barrel used to ship nuts and bolts, had a spring ring clasp on the top to keep things air and water tight and was about a 30 gallon capacity.
I am 5' , 120 lbs and could fit inside it if folded in half.
We live about 20 minutes away from Bowling Brook and this case is a weekly topic of conversation at the local watering hole. I have several friends in LE in the area who think its just a matter of time before DP goes down. The search of the waterways was a hot topic last night, but none of my LE friends are giving up info (as it should be) but I get the sense that she will be found one way or another.
Another Peterson case...another desperate search of waterways....makes my stomach turn.

mystery:

Someone did post that if the unknown blue container was standing upright, and the neighbor was seeing it from across the street, that it would look like a barrel.

I think there are only 2 types of objects we have here. One is definately a "barrel" and the other a "rectangular" shape.

Ric could or could not be talking about one of them, depending on how close he was to the object and how it was positioined at the time he saw it.
I don't care HOW well sealed the rectangular container was...Drew wouldn't DARE stand it upright on it's side!! :twocents:

We live about 20 minutes away from Bowling Brook and this case is a weekly topic of conversation at the local watering hole. I have several friends in LE in the area who think its just a matter of time before DP goes down. The search of the waterways was a hot topic last night, but none of my LE friends are giving up info (as it should be) but I get the sense that she will be found one way or another.
You need to go to their local watering hole and buy them a few rounds then!! LOL :D

You need to go to their local watering hole and buy them a few rounds then!! LOL :D
LOL
But seriously, this case has me both riveted and nauseated at the same time. I lived in Lockport for many years, (still in the immediate area) and used to cross the bridge where they are searching on a daily basis while taking my youngest to pre-school. Once while going to pick him up I noticed a child walking at the top of the bridge on the sidewalk and remember thinking that it was odd and dangerous. Turns out this boy jumped from the bridge, dying on impact because he had gotten in trouble at school that day.
I am haunted to this day whenever I have to travel that way.

LOL
But seriously, this case has me both riveted and nauseated at the same time. I lived in Lockport for many years, (still in the immediate area) and used to cross the bridge where they are searching on a daily basis while taking my youngest to pre-school. Once while going to pick him up I noticed a child walking at the top of the bridge on the sidewalk and remember thinking that it was odd and dangerous. Turns out this boy jumped from the bridge, dying on impact because he had gotten in trouble at school that day.

Wow, that is tragic. Thanks for your local input. I agree with SS you need to go buy a few rounds for your friends. Maybe quite a few rounds. lol.

LOL
Awww, that is heartbreaking. It would bother me, too. :(

A good friend of mine works at "American Sales" in Tinley Park, which is where DP bought the swimming pool...it's not far from Bolingbrook. She told me the FBI came in the store last week asking questions regarding the pool chemicals, containers they carry...The store told them they don't 'store' them there, but they order them from one of their distributors, the FBI was given the distributors phone number.

ETA: In my travels researching lye. I found that it would take about a week or so to turn a body into liquid soap. Interesting timing considering Drew got confident and cocky with the meda about ten days after Stacy disappeared.

When I had questioned this difference before, someone suggested that the rectangular storage container- if stood up- could appear to the neighbor to be a barrel. Maybe??? I still think there's a big difference between that and a chlorine barrel.

Eyewitnesses at accidents don't always get the details correct. I think C is correct in that she saw something large and blue, but perhaps it was not what most people call a barrel.

If D had to special order a container of chemicals, wouldn't LE would be on this right away?

I'm leaning toward one blue container, no chemicals, that contains a body.

Eyewitnesses at accidents don't always get the details correct. I think C is correct in that she saw something large and blue, but perhaps it was not what most people call a barrel.

If D had to special order a container of chemicals, wouldn't LE would be on this right away?

At findstacy.com, Cassandra posted a pic of what the barrel she saw looked like. Big, blue, round, 30 gallons. Just like the rainbarrel types.

LE didn't know for sure whether pool chemicals were in the container or where Drew bought it from until the Pool Guy came forward. And we don't know when the pool guy came forward.

We have a pretty large pool and have NEVER required that much of ANY chemical. This is a huge red flag to me and I hope to investigators as well. I agree with you Trino, one blue barrel emptied of chemicals with a body.

And obviously that could explain the warmth that Tom Morphey talked about.

Something else I just remembered when researching lye. It is odorless and would mask decomp odor and confuse cadaver dogs. It was on a graphic morticians association website and I just could not bring myself to link it. I had no idea there are all kinds of threads out there on the best way to get rid of a body.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishbl
Back