GUILTY CA - Debbie Hawk, 46, Hanford, 13 June 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
FresnoBee.com: Local: Dave Hawk arrested in ex-wife's murder

"I feel for the kids," said Diane Triantis of Orange County, Debbie Hawk's sister, referring to the couple's three children, ages 12, 16 and 17. "Their dad probably killed their mom, and that's going to make it that much harder on them."

Authorities notified Debbie Hawk's family just before the arrest was announced, Triantis said. Hawk's two daughters were taken out of school by law enforcement officials before the arrest, she said.

Triantis said she spoke to Dave Hawk's 17-year-old son, Conrad, Thursday about the arrest of the boy's father. She said that he's "happy that justice is being served, but no one is jumping through any hoops..."

"I'm glad that it happened now, because my parents are getting up in years," Triantis said. "I'm glad they got to see it. I'm glad this happened before they passed on."

A friend of Debbie Hawk's, Fresno resident Michael Ray, said he was relieved to hear that Dave Hawk was arrested, but he said Debbie's other friends were concerned about how her children would take the news.

KMPH Fox 26 Central San Joaquin Valley News Source in Fresno, California Entertainment, News, Sports and Weather | Hawk Accus...

According to Kings County Assistant District Attorney, Shane Burns, Hawk was arrested on first degree murder charges with a special enhancement for financial gain. Burns did not elaborate on the charges, and neither he, nor Hanford Police, answered questions during the press conference. Hanford Police Captain Darrell Smith, said that neither parties wanted to prejudice the investigation.

Dave Hawk is set to be arraigned on Friday at 1:30 p.m.

(If this is his mugshot after being taken in on these charges, then he's a a bigger *advertiser censored* than I'd even imagined.)

KMPH Fox 26 Central San Joaquin Valley News Source in Fresno, California Entertainment, News, Sports and Weather | Hawk Accus...

According to Kings County Assistant District Attorney, Shane Burns, Hawk was arrested on first degree murder charges with a special enhancement for financial gain. Burns did not elaborate on the charges, and neither he, nor Hanford Police, answered questions during the press conference. Hanford Police Captain Darrell Smith, said that neither parties wanted to prejudice the investigation.

Dave Hawk is set to be arraigned on Friday at 1:30 p.m.

(If this is his mugshot after being taken in on these charges, then he's a a bigger *advertiser censored* than I'd even imagined.)

No kidding! I was hoping the presser would tell more.

Me too! I guess we'll have to wait 'til the arraignment. Sometime today or Monday, they say.

Roger Nuttall didn't work any miracles for Larissa Schuster. But he also didn't have much to work with.

I hope the lack of a body isn't going to be an obsticle for the jury. I know it wouldn't be for me. There was blood in her house and in her van, and people with families - children, parents, siblings - just don't vanish to start a new life. Of course she's dead. There is no other explanation, and there is no other person with a motive. He is garbage. :furious:

Slimeball Dave has plead Not Guilty and will be back in court on June 13. Link

Sounds like attorney Nuttall is gearing up for a defense based upon no body being found and no weapon being found. But LE has searched Dave's house again and removed several more items. Hope they find some helpful stuff!

Hanford Police remain guarded as to what evidence led to the arrest of Dave Hawk for the murder of his ex-wife nearly two years after her disappearance.

The whole morning has been shrouded in secrecy from the very beginning, from the prosecutors to law enforcement officials. In fact, they were hesitant to tell us which room this press conference would be held in up until just minutes before the press conference began at 10am.

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/local&id=6175846

Thanks for the article Chico. LE has always remained closely guarded regarding the case against Dave. I've read a couple articles that say the Deputy DA states there's no new evidence or big breaks. He just says that SOME CIRCUMSTANCES OCCURRED and they thought it best to file now.

I'm sure they've still kept a tail on Dave and his activities and I'm wondering if they saw something they didn't like, maybe the moving of potential evidence, that sort of thing. I hope, whatever it is, that it has nothing to do with the safety of the children.

Don't you just want to slap him until his head rings!! I notice that he doesn't have that arrogant smile on his face in the pictures of him dressed in his stripes :D Maybe a little reality was setting in by then!

I am just so elated that they finally arrested him. For financial gain really makes sense as he murdered her before they could go to court for more child support and to tell the judge about him taking money from the kids trust fund. I really believe that he thought he had gotten away with murder.

Bless his 17 yr old boy. It sounds like he knew all along that his dad murdered his mom. That is no doubt why he refused to live with his dad. I know that this will be so hard on the girls. They have lived with their dad this whole time and may believe that he didn't do it...especially the younger girl. I hope the girls are able to go to the trial so that they hear everything that is said by both sides and can then make up their own minds. They are old enough to attend the trial and because my grandaughter and I have been in those shoes I think it is a good thing for older kids to go. That way they don't read things in the newspaper, hear it from someone else, or imagine what may have happened. They will hear what LE has to say, etc. That is my opinion anyway. I really believe it is important for older kids. Their questions will be answered throughout the trial. Bless the kids and Debbie's family. Finally we will hopfully have justice for Debbie.

What will happen with the trial for Hawk stealing the $300,000 from the trust fund now?

We knew it and I can't wait for the details.It is just a miracle when some of these cases are brought to trial.

This arrest made my day :clap: So now we have Debbie's murderer arrested and Theresa Parker's murderer arrested. Miracles do happen.

Now we just need the killers of Tara, Lisa S, and who else? Anyone have a list of the gals whose killers are still living their lives as if nothing has happened? My mind is blank. Maybe we can start a seperate thread and list them and then take them off as the killers are arrested. Where could we put a list like that? Maybe titled "Women Waiting For Justice" or something like that.

I've read a couple articles that say the Deputy DA states there's no new evidence or big breaks. He just says that SOME CIRCUMSTANCES OCCURRED and they thought it best to file now.

Here's one such article.

FresnoBee.com: Local: No new evidence in Hawk case

"The arrest led to speculation that there had been a big break in the case," Deputy District Attorney Larry Crouch said after Hawk's arraignment Friday afternoon. "The truth is, we have no new evidence; we have the evidence we've developed over the last two years."

Neither police nor prosecutors provided further details at a news conference Friday morning. But Crouch said investigators believed arresting and charging Hawk now were "in the best interests of the public." He would not elaborate.

"We were promising for months that we were going to file it," Crouch said of the murder case. "And we have..."

I wonder if the DA got some indication that Hawk was ready to flee the country? Or, hurt someone else? So many of these cases have circumstantial evidence that has to be strung together for a jury. I think a lot of times it depends on the skill of the prosecutor vs. a smoking gun. Everyone would like it to be an easy decision to get an indictment but it also has to be proven. Criminals have a way of making the job harder.

Now we just need the killers of Tara, Lisa S, and who else? Anyone have a list of the gals whose killers are still living their lives as if nothing has happened?

Stacy Peterson

I started a list of Women Waiting For Justice on this thread or forum..right here anyway. Just the women I remembered...you guys memembered and ones that I found is mind boggling. I hope others will add to the list by just editing my post.

Dave Hawk appeared briefly in court on Friday morning as both sides convened to discuss the status of many charges leveled against the Lemoore man.

In addition to facing 10 felony charges for the alleged theft and embezzlement of $300,000 from his children's trust fund, Hawk was recently placed under arrest on a charge of first-degree murder of his ex-wife, Debbie Hawk, with the special circumstance of murder for financial gain.

http://www.hanfordsentinel.com/articles/2008/06/14/news/doc4853634655837331754594.txt

Hawk appeared wearing a Kings County Jail jumpsuit and was visibly shaken and nervous during the proceedings, remaining close at the side of his defense attorney, Mark Coleman.

Wish we had a picture of the "big man" visibly shaken! That's a first. Maybe his attorney has clued him in that he isn't going to be walking away from all of these charges. Stealing $300,000 from his kids :furious: His parents are the ones who set up the trust fund for the kids from what I remember. They must be loaded..lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back