Does Casey Know Who Caylee's Father Is?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Does Casey Know Who The Father of Her Child Is?

• Yes - she knows, but her parents do not.

Votes: 117 31.4%
  • Yes - she knows, and so do her parents.

Votes: 134 35.9%
  • No - she doesn't know.

Votes: 95 25.5%
  • I dont know.

Votes: 27 7.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think when the father is revealed it will be a huge moment in this case.

I doubt that there will be any revalation, The father didn't do it. He hasn't been around for years. LE doesn't care who fathered Caylee.

In how many cases where a crime has been committed against a child with a blank "father" space on the birth certificate, does LE spend resourced searching for the bio father?

I don't think it was rape, no basis for why I think that, I just don't. I think she knows and it was a power play to her mom, I can almost hear her say something along the lines of "if you don't like how I'm doing blah blah blah I'll just give her to her father and you'll never see her again" I kinda think she was getting money from the bio dad, cash maybe so there was no record, because I have a hard time believing someone can steal enough from their family for 2+ years and not get in trouble for it.

SOO agree with your first statement, disagree with the second.

CA supported Caylee and KC financially b/c she wanted control over her granddaughter. I still believe the paternity issue was originally dropped after it was determined that JG was not the father. CA did not want to share custodial rights w/ another family.

I think she would have used a rape to gain sympathy among her friends.

My guess is that the reason for the "smoke and mirrors" is quite simply: 1) KC lies all the time. It is her nature. 2) She has not gone after anyone for child support because she dates a lot of students and marginally employed club rats. Her crowd doesn't have the financial means. 3) Uncle Rick said he thinks she doesn't know, because she got pregnant at a party on December 4th, 4) She likes to keep her parents confused-- it's her way of getting some freedom, and it's a control mechanism. It also keeps them embarrassed about never knowing much about her. 5) If she keeps everybody confused about paternity, she can use it as a tool to control a guy. Like she used it to get JG to offer her marriage.

So, KC can potentially get a lot of mileage if she keeps paternity secret, if she even KNOWS. And, if she DOESN"T know, it would be even MORE important to obfuscate.

I still have a difficult time with point 3. Uncle Rick would have gotten this info from CA or his mother. My gut tells me that she did not tell him this b/c appearances mean so much to this family. My guess is that this is a scenario that he put together. No way would CA say to her mother or brother, "look, KC was @ a party, they hooked up and now she is pregnant". No Way.

I voted both Casey and her parents know who the father is. I do not believe it was rape. I do not believe the father is conveniently dead.

I voted I don't know.simply because I don't know! The possibilities are endless,multiple partners,married man,FOB does know/doesn't know/doesn't care,sex party,and of course the sinister incest question.
I do know that IF any one was going after the FOB for money/support,that shared custody could be a problem for this family.
I also do believe that it is relevant as far as I believe that FOB and or his family have a right to this info,and let them decide if they care/don't care.
Remember,the OJ trial and there is always the possibility of a wrongful death suit,for ANY money made off of this case-that is if FOB did not know prior to this that he fathered Caylee,or his family did not know.

I still have a difficult time with point 3. Uncle Rick would have gotten this info from CA or his mother. My gut tells me that she did not tell him this b/c appearances mean so much to this family. My guess is that this is a scenario that he put together. No way would CA say to her mother or brother, "look, KC was @ a party, they hooked up and now she is pregnant". No Way.

That could be.

I dont think she knows.If asked by someone she probably threw darts at names.IMO

CA supported Caylee and KC financially b/c she wanted control over her granddaughter. I still believe the paternity issue was originally dropped after it was determined that JG was not the father. CA did not want to share custodial rights w/ another family.

I think you're right.

I voted I don't know.simply because I don't know! The possibilities are endless,multiple partners,married man,FOB does know/doesn't know/doesn't care,sex party,and of course the sinister incest question.
I do know that IF any one was going after the FOB for money/support,that shared custody could be a problem for this family.
I also do believe that it is relevant as far as I believe that FOB and or his family have a right to this info,and let them decide if they care/don't care.
Remember,the OJ trial and there is always the possibility of a wrongful death suit,for ANY money made off of this case-that is if FOB did not know prior to this that he fathered Caylee,or his family did not know.

Well, if the guy can do the math, he can also step forward. The family is easily found.

pulling together a few important points from a few brilliant ws-ers, plus a few of my own

IMO...

1. People keep mentioning the "change" in KC; she was quieter / more reserved / a better person back then. I don't think KC's personality suddenly changed. She's always been a chameleon. I think what changed was that, sometime a long the way, she stopped playing the role of good daugher / studious high schooler, etc. She probably used to work very hard to appease CA, keep up appearences, etc., to obtain the privileges of a "good" daughter. She couldn't even admit to CA that she was pregnant, because it would shatter that facade.

2. For whatever reason, admitting who Caylee's father was would further damage that image. One night stand she can't remember? Too many guys in a short time frame? (less likely in my opinion, but a possibility). An older, married man? That Latino guy she always thought was hot? (sorry, not meaning to be offensive, but we have heard that CA could be innapropriately judgmental in that way). Either way, it presented a better image to latch on to Jesse - "look mom, we're being responsible grown-ups, getting married, etc"- until Jesse actually had the nerve to count backwards, get a DNA test, and put an end to that whole scenario.

2. At that point, KC is still trying to maintain the good daughter image (CA is, after all, her "best friend), and any of the above scenarios would not go over well. In comes this straight-out-of-a-soap-opera car accident story. Not believable in the least, but...

3. ...the perfect scenario for CA! KC is still a good daughter - a victim, actually - and the BEST part is... CA doesn't have to share her precious Caylee with anyone! She hated those pesky Grund's being involved with HER darling grandaughter. She'd much rather go with this mystery father theory than have to share with anyone else - even if it meant giving up those support checks a long the way (which, IMO, if existed would go straight to CA, with KC receiving an allowance where CA saw fit). CA's happy she gets Caylee, KC is happy she doesn't have to admit any further transgressions, and that's that.

pulling together a few important points from a few brilliant ws-ers, plus a few of my own

IMO...

1. People keep mentioning the "change" in KC; she was quieter / more reserved / a better person back then. I don't think KC's personality suddenly changed. She's always been a chameleon. I think what changed was that, sometime a long the way, she stopped playing the role of good daugher / studious high schooler, etc. She probably used to work very hard to appease CA, keep up appearences, etc., to obtain the privileges of a "good" daughter. She couldn't even admit to CA that she was pregnant, because it would shatter that facade.

2. For whatever reason, admitting who Caylee's father was would further damage that image. One night stand she can't remember? Too many guys in a short time frame? (less likely in my opinion, but a possibility). An older, married man? That Latino guy she always thought was hot? (sorry, not meaning to be offensive, but we have heard that CA could be innapropriately judgmental in that way). Either way, it presented a better image to latch on to Jesse - "look mom, we're being responsible grown-ups, getting married, etc"- until Jesse actually had the nerve to count backwards, get a DNA test, and put an end to that whole scenario.

2. At that point, KC is still trying to maintain the good daughter image (CA is, after all, her "best friend), and any of the above scenarios would not go over well. In comes this straight-out-of-a-soap-opera car accident story. Not believable in the least, but...

3. ...the perfect scenario for CA! KC is still a good daughter - a victim, actually - and the BEST part is... CA doesn't have to share her precious Caylee with anyone! She hated those pesky Grund's being involved with HER darling grandaughter. She'd much rather go with this mystery father theory than have to share with anyone else - even if it meant giving up those support checks a long the way (which, IMO, if existed would go straight to CA, with KC receiving an allowance where CA saw fit). CA's happy she gets Caylee, KC is happy she doesn't have to admit any further transgressions, and that's that.

And, speaking of brilliant w/sers...:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

POTD!:blowkiss:

Dr Baden was just on Greta and stated that the police know who the father is by Caylee's DNA

Thanks for sharing that. I was pretty sure I had heard him say that around the time the remains were identified.
I remember this as well but it doesn't make any sense. They need the mother's dna, the father's dna and Caylee's dna to determine who the father is! :confused:

I remember this as well but it doesn't make any sense. They need the mother's dna, the father's dna and Caylee's dna to determine who the father is! :confused:

So, I guess the paternal sample either already existed or have been taken recently. Maybe the father that died in the car crash (both stories said car crash, right?) had been drinking and maybe they took a blood sample and maybe they have kept the sample for three years and .... . Or, as I said earlier, it would be interesting to see a list of everyone LE has gotten a sample from, either voluntarily or compelled.

So, I guess the paternal sample either already existed or have been taken recently. Maybe the father that died in the car crash (both stories said car crash, right?) had been drinking and maybe they took a blood sample and maybe they have kept the sample for three years and .... . Or, as I said earlier, it would be interesting to see a list of everyone LE has gotten a sample from, either voluntarily or compelled.
They have to have the father's sample in order to determine if he is Caylee's father. I'm not sure why Baden would word his statement the way he did but it doesn't make sense???

Maybe Dr B was speculating based on the fact that they now have Caylee's DNA but he rushed to add that info before the break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member