Woman Gives Birth To Octuplets In California

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going out 'cos I can feel a helluva megga rant coming on!!!!!!!!:mad::furious:

oh my God did that budget pass? I have been afraid to look and I mean that.
10% sales tax, double car tax, tax on income tax, and 12 cents gas tax? did that pass?

They're voting this morning sometime - haven't done it yet. Supposedly it all comes down to a Democrat, Lou Correa, if he votes no then it won't pass. I'm hoping this won't pass but from everything I heard on my talk radio station yesterday they're pretty certain it will. I hope we all remember at reelection time all these politicians names and vote them OUT!

I also wonder if she's still spending the "45 minutes a day" with each of the babies - that occupies a good eight hours if so...yet she still has time for nails, shopping etc. I feel so badly for ALL of her children.

oh my God did that budget pass? I have been afraid to look and I mean that.
10% sales tax, double car tax, tax on income tax, and 12 cents gas tax? did that pass?

:eek: Holy !

They're voting this morning sometime - haven't done it yet. Supposedly it all comes down to a Democrat, Lou Correa, if he votes no then it won't pass. I'm hoping this won't pass but from everything I heard on my talk radio station yesterday they're pretty certain it will. I hope we all remember at reelection time all these politicians names and vote them OUT!
I am holding out hope that it won't and I didn;t think they had voted yet. Remember we recalled Gray davis because of that stupid triple car tax and Arnold repealed it. he is doing exactly what we voted Davis out and Arnie in for.
BTW,this is very much on topic because OctoMom is part of what is collapsing California. If she is doing this imagine all those that are doing it but flying under the radar because they do not have newsworthy births.

You can say that again.
If you had a business that was going under and you were not making it every month, would you raise your prices as a a way to save your business? or would you see that as a way to hasten the demise of your business?
This is a disaster of epic proportions. with Ocotmom laughing all the way to the bank.

I just want to make sure that I have this straight, this woman is now up to 14 kids all under age 7, with no job (professional student doesn't count, IMO), no man, very limited support, and no real resources whatsoever to speak of?
And to top it off, while 8 of these kids that she loves sooooo much are still in the hopsital, she is out getting her nails done? (For the record, acrylics and french tips don't go so well with 8 newborns).

And at one recent point, I was called unfit by a total stranger for having 4 kids under 6 at the age of 23. Wow...I wonder what that person thinks about this?

AMAZING that some dope would call you names because of your choice to be a mother. I'm sorry that happened. I hope you realize there are many many stupid people out there. And, you are not unfit in any way!
On the other hand, it's a shame this mother has brought so many children into the world that she can't care for. Like I said there are too many stupid people out there.

This is a disaster of epic proportions. with Ocotmom laughing all the way to the bank.

Even though I'm not in CA, ITA with everything you've said. Octomom singlehandedly PROVED that the entire system, from NY to CA needs a serious overhaul. :blowkiss:

I can't understand how she affords the things she does. I have three kids: 17, 13, and 1. I pay $360 a month for daycare. I struggled to come up with the $70 for my daughter's graduation cap and robe because times are so tight. I am married and we live in a two-income household. She's jobless and pays $500 for a nanny AND private school tuition? How???? I can't even imagine spending money to get my nails done (I am a woman, so this isn't as weird as it sounds). There are so many things higher on my priority list right now: dentist, some work around the house, upcoming college costs for oldest daughter. Was that Wii stuff she was buying in the video picture? She can afford a Wii???? We could barely scrape together enough money for my 13 year old's Nintendo DS for her birthday! What am I doing wrong???

You're not doing ANYTHING wrong. You're being ethical. And that's excellent.

Grab the barf bag before reading... here is one of her "doesn't make a lick of sense" excuses for being on foodstamps:

*She adds: “The only reason I applied for them is that I have put Elijah in a private school. He needs tutoring to stay focused.

“But I am not on welfare where you get cash aid for children. I have never got that.”*

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/article2237580.ece
Unbelievable. Private school, $500 a week for a nanny, numerous elective medical procedures, all by her own confession, then manicures and apparent cosmetic surgery. It just goes on and on. :bang:

I cannot believe the state or tax payers would agree to foodstamps for anyone with that amount of discretionary income at their disposal.

I hope they investigate it and demand payback for that and the million-plus dollars in medical expenses. The taxpayers deserve a cut of whatever money she makes selling her story; after all, they own a cut of it, after all they've invested in her making it.

By the way, you don't need a private school just for tutoring. :rolleyes:

You do need attentive parenting, which takes time. "Special needs" need to be met, and they can't be met when the single parent you have is too busy breeding and rearing more special needs, going to school, and indulging all her other frivolous fantasies.

This selfish, neglectful mother criticized other parents for being selfish, not giving their time to their kids. She actually considers herself an ideal mother, and wanted her own TV show as a parenting expert. :floorlaugh: She is :eek:fftheair:

Sorry I clipped your post!

Maybe the publicist should head over and help grandma with the 6 kids Nadya left with her- at least send over a cleaning crew. :doh:

I always read a whole thread before posting but this time I got stuck here.:crazy: before I finished. So it might be discussed already down thread.

Now that word is out, if she lived in my neighborhood we would be over there cleaning, washing and cooking for Grandma and the kids because that's just how we are. I have kept dogs for people until they made bail and my neighbors paid for my water heater once (I paid them back every cent the next month) because we are here to help one another. Now the mom (octo-tot mom?) is a different story and I would not want to be an enabler to her sickness.

But, I wish I lived closer so I could help the poor grandmother deal with this mess that has been dumped on her.

Now I will continue reading all of your excellent comments on this strange situation.

AMAZING that some dope would call you names because of your choice to be a mother. I'm sorry that happened. I hope you realize there are many many stupid people out there. And, you are not unfit in any way!
On the other hand, it's a shame this mother has brought so many children into the world that she can't care for. Like I said there are too many stupid people out there.

I could understand the comments if I were up to 14. I don't think that raising 14 kids is impossible, but they need to be better spaced out than this. And it takes more than one person and a lot of support.
Not to mention if you are on welfare, DON'T get pregnant. Heck, we all would like some free money, (at least I wouldn't turn it down) but to keep having kids to keep getting money really is ridiculous.
Even if she could supposrt all 14 financially, kids have needs besides food and diapers and her maturity level seems to say that she is not capable of providing those extras.

One more thought. :eek:

If it's true that she sent letters to Angelina Jolie, that's the last straw to tip the scales for me in taking custody of the kids. :(

I would do an open adoption of the octuplets, so they can know their siblings, and I'd give custody of the six to someone else, preferably the octogrands, with oversight by DFS.

She's unbalanced. I'm not seeing what specific diagnosis there could be, and if we took away kids from every unbalanced or neglectful parent, half of us would lose our kids. But her imbalance is directly related to her perception of those children as objects to meet her neurotic wants, rather than individuals with needs of their own. Many parents do that to some extent, but she takes it to a dangerous level of neglect.

Between that, her "Bagdad Bob" type of lies (by which I mean telling such ridiculous stories she should know will be caught), and her lack of appreciation for her responsibilities or consequences of her actions, there's no doubt that she is an unfit mother.

The only way I would allow her custody of those children is if she underwent long-term therapy and demonstrated enlightenment not only there, but in whatever interviews or books she makes money off of.

I would also require that she postpone her own school (like the rest of us have to when our parental and fiscal responsibilities require it) to help rear them, and all this time, she would be under the continual supervision of a state "nanny," who not only had oversight of the family, but the budget.

PS. I would be surprised and disappointed if any respectable masters program in counseling would allow her to continue, anyway. The ones I'm aware of require professors to evaluate the mental fitness of the students for the profession.

I always read a whole thread before posting but this time I got stuck here.:crazy: before I finished. So it might be discussed already down thread.

Now that word is out, if she lived in my neighborhood we would be over there cleaning, washing and cooking for Grandma and the kids because that's just how we are. I have kept dogs for people until they made bail and my neighbors paid for my water heater once (I paid them back every cent the next month) because we are here to help one another. Now the mom (octo-tot mom?) is a different story and I would not want to be an enabler to her sickness.

But, I wish I lived closer so I could help the poor grandmother deal with this mess that has been dumped on her.

Now I will continue reading all of your excellent comments on this strange situation.

Your story about you and your neighbors is nice. Living amongst compassionate people is one of the best gifts in life. :blowkiss:

I started getting a bad vibe about Grandma and this money making scheme of Nadya's, so mid way through if you want to skip over my
"b!tchy" rant filled posts, you can! It's been quite a story, that's for sure!:crazy:

By the way, you don't need a private school just for tutoring. :rolleyes:

I wondered about that, too.

You do need attentive parenting, which takes time. "Special needs" need to be met, and they can't be met when the single parent you have is too busy breeding and rearing more special needs, going to school, and indulging all her other frivolous fantasies.

I think you nailed it in that she lives in a fantasy world. I don't think she understand how much things cost or the reality of parenting.

This selfish, neglectful mother criticized other parents for being selfish, not giving their time to their kids. She actually considers herself an ideal mother, and wanted her own TV show as a parenting expert. :floorlaugh: She is :eek:fftheair:

Riiiiiiiiight. A lot of parents could give more time to their kids if they didn't have...say...JOBS, HOUSEWORK, RESPONSIBILITIES.

One more thought. :eek:

If it's true that she sent letters to Angelina Jolie, that's the last straw to tip the scales for me in taking custody of the kids. :(

I would do an open adoption of the octuplets, so they can know their siblings, and I'd give custody of the six to someone else, preferably the octogrands, with oversight by DFS.

She's unbalanced. I'm not seeing what specific diagnosis there could be, and if we took away kids from every unbalanced or neglectful parent, half of us would lose our kids. But her imbalance is directly related to her perception of those children as objects to meet her neurotic wants, rather than individuals with needs of their own. Many parents do that to some extent, but she takes it to a dangerous level of neglect.

Between that, her "Bagdad Bob" type of lies (by which I mean telling such ridiculous stories she should know will be caught), and her lack of appreciation for her responsibilities or consequences of her actions, there's no doubt that she is an unfit mother.

The only way I would allow her custody of those children is if she underwent long-term therapy and demonstrated enlightenment not only there, but in whatever interviews or books she makes money off of.

I would also require that she postpone her own school (like the rest of us have to when our parental and fiscal responsibilities require it) to help rear them, and all this time, she would be under the continual supervision of a state "nanny," who not only had oversight of the family, but the budget.

PS. I would be surprised and disappointed if any respectable masters program in counseling would allow her to continue, anyway. The ones I'm aware of require professors to evaluate the mental fitness of the students for the profession.

You say things so well! :clap:

Your story about you and your neighbors is nice. Living amongst compassionate people is one of the best gifts in life. :blowkiss:

I started getting a bad vibe about Grandma and this money making scheme of Nadya's, so mid way through if you want to skip over my
"b!tchy" rant filled posts, you can! It's been quite a story, that's for sure!:crazy:

No, not at all. I have now officially read the whole thread and I know what you mean, this whole situation is just... questionable. And she gives a lot more info to the British papers than she does to media here in the states. I wish she wouldn't make money off of it all, but I think she is going to be wealthy when all is said and done.

I'm going to be quiet now and let someone else post for a change. I need to go check the Haleigh thread. I wish they would find that child safe and sound.

I agree that technically food stamps and SSI for the disabled are not welfare payments that are the cash paid out every month in welfare payments. But, the Guatemalan nanny is odd. Is the nanny legal here in the U.S. and is she really paid $500 per week? I can't help but wonder if there is a plan to hire illegals really cheap to provide child care. Some rich people hire them as maids and nannies so why not Nadya.

If Nadya had the Guatemalan maid, when did she use the Merry Poppins Nanny Service? I am getting lost with all Nadya's stories!

I don't have a problem with anyone receiving food stamps or SSI, but it seems like there is gross abuse of these programs- Nadya just pushed it to the level of "I can't BELIEVE this woman!"... Back when the supposed "welfare reform" took place, it seems most recipients were sent to the SSI program and other "entitlement programs" that were created just to make it look like the welfare rolls were shrunk. Now that the country is in an economic crisis, I can only look at Nadya and wonder how in the hell she could have a nanny when we can't afford a night out or a babysitter? I guess it doesn't matter whether or not she receives "welfare" on a technical level but IMO she is receiving Well Fare- she seems to be faring better than many of us.

I'm sorry for being a ranter! :blowkiss: Thanks for putting up with me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnicornAmalthea