MO - Six Mohler family members for child sex crimes, Bates City 2009 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I started watching this case unfold from the beginning and I really don't know what to say about it. I guess we'll just have to wait until everything comes out. Wow, that other elder brother being arrested, that was a shocker. When I saw it today on here, I thought it was a mistake. Doesn't look like it though.

I get it about repressed memory and all that. So I know that this can be difficult to try if they don't have any 'evidence.' Hopefully they found some of those jars with notes. I'm praying they don't find any bodies, ......and that was just a story the men told the kids to scare them.

I do believe the accusers. I just don't know if they'll be able to prove it. I know, until then they're 'innocent until proven guilty.' But the men are still the 'accused' or 'alleged abusers.'

This is one of those cases you just stop and say, wth? What kind of people are these? Their own kids, their own grandchildren.

Good grief,
:(
fran

Their story has such a ring of truth to it. It reminds me of a time I try not to think about much anymore.

One has to have suffered from childhood abuses like this to even really comprehend the fear inside each of these children as they were enduring all of this.

Sadly this case is not rare. I so wish that it was but children this very night are having to walk into their own house of horrors. It leaves children feeling helpless, hopeless and afraid when that door shuts them away from the world and the bogeyman isn't outside but within.

More children are raped through incest than by a stranger. Many times it is their mother or father or grandmother or grandfather or another family member.

While it is gratifying to know they have exposed these six perverted twisted deviantes... it is the many many children left behind right now this very night, where their tormentor remains undetected, that pulls at my heartstrings. They too wait, hope and prays that someone notices what is happening to them but so many times help never comes and their deep darkest secret is only told once they are adults when they have found the courage to finally speak out or let themselves think about what happened to them when they were very young children.

I hope they round up everyone of these despicable pieces of trash.

Yet, I wonder where the women are in this family but it is not uncommon for mothers to not believe their children if they tell them they have been abused and it isn't uncommon for mothers to turn a blind eye to what is happening right in front of their face.

I pray that justice will be done and I pray more and more will be exposed when they slither out from under their rock.

imo

<snip>

Darrel Wayne Mohler, 72, of Silver Springs, Fla., faces two counts of forcible rape. Authorities announced Friday afternoon that there was an arrest warrant out for him. Friday evening, deputies from the Marion County Sheriff’s Department captured him.

Darrel was stopped just before pulling into his driveway in Silver Springs, Fla. He was arrested without incident.

Darrel reportedly told deputies that he was aware of what was going on in Missouri and that he had not been in Missouri since the 80’s.

more here

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/conten...-in-Sex-Ring-Case/eSDTL2AmjkStKPUMxF_KOA.cspx

oceanblueeyes--My heart breaks for you. I'm sure there must be all sorts of triggers for you. I know there has been for me (but mine are by proxy). Please make sure to take care and only read what you feel you need to.

When I read the document, I have to say that my heart stopped when I came to the comment about the waterbed popping and drowning the little girls. The rapes are vile. The threats to keep quiet are evil.

Holy moly I had to be in court all day and I missed a lot I see, so the BROTHER of SR who was quoted as being shocked and hit in the gut by all of this, DARREL MOHLER, is now connected and being charged?

This is crazy. And still we have no evidence that any of this is true, they let Kidd go after running his name through the mudd, I am wondering now if this is a good old fashioned witch hunt, these LE do not seem to be doing things by the book. You dont arrest people and release their names to the media like Kidd and then turn around and let them walk, you bring them in for questioning to determine if there is cause for arrest and if not you let them go and do not leak their names to the media if they are not charged or arrested. KIDD from what I am seeing right now has a civil case against this LE dept. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Holy moly I had to be in court all day and I missed a lot I see, so the BROTHER of SR who was quoted as being shocked and hit in the gut by all of this, DARREL MOHLER, is now connected and being charged?

This is crazy. And still we have no evidence that any of this is true, they let Kidd go after running his name through the mudd, I am wondering now if this is a good old fashioned witch hunt, these LE do not seem to be doing things by the book. You dont arrest people and release their names to the media like Kidd and then turn around and let them walk, you bring them in for questioning to determine if there is cause for arrest and if not you let them go and do not leak their names to the media if they are not charged or arrested. KIDD from what I am seeing right now has a civil case against this LE dept. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It's not over!!!

So are you saying that anyone who is arrested on suspicion of a crime such as rape, murder, child sexual abuse, etc, and then released w/o being charged can sue LE? Are arrest records public records? IOW, LE would have to leak there was an arrest in order for the public to find out about it?

Would just like to know for future reference...TIA!

Yes, I made the assumption that Darrel had been in Missouri in the 80s.

I'm still unclear as to whether the brothers were married at the time? Where were their wives? Has any one posted information on this?

The church is distancing itself from them so they don't get bad publicity. Pastors of churches and congregations are not responsible for peoples actions. However if they thought that they were innocent you woulf think they might stand by them.

Burrell Sr's wife died in Dec of 1991, he remarried in Oct 1992.

Jr was married 4 times but only 3 are registered in Jackson County, in 1978, 2001 and most recently in June of 2009.

Roland in 1982.

No. I simply meant the church is moving awfully fast to distance themselves from these men. Joyce Meyer did the same thing when Christopher Coleman murdered his wife and children.

On this board, made up entirely of people who don't know these men at all, there are folks insisting that we don't rush to judgment. They're innocent until proven guilty. Yet here is their own church moving to disassociate from them - now.

Okay, I get it now and what you said totally makes sense, thanks!:)

This case has so completely blown my mind that I'm tempted to go back to the insanity of the Caylee Anthony case just to clear my head. :eek:

So are you saying that anyone who is arrested on suspicion of a crime such as rape, murder, child sexual abuse, etc, and then released w/o being charged can sue LE? Are arrest records public records? IOW, LE would have to leak there was an arrest in order for the public to find out about it?

Would just like to know for future reference...TIA!

No I am saying you arrest people when you have probable cause to do so, if you do not then you simply bring them in for questioning to determine if there is cause. From what this looks like they arrested him on a whim, leaked it to the media basically destroying the guys name then realized they didnt have anything and let him go. If this happened to a client of mine heads would ROLL.

You either have probable cause or you do not, if you do then an arrest is made. If you do not then you cant arrest him but you can ask him to come in for questioning to determine the facts of the case then make an arrest or let him go. What they did to Kidd was a fishing expedition and they ruined his name in media. If they had probable cause for his arrest he wouldnt have been released so quickly, what happened was when they arrested him his lawyer likely demanded to know when they had to make sure they werent just fishing and when he found out they had nothing he demanded his client be relased. False arrest is no laughing matter.

This doesnt mean none of this is not true but they appear to be grasping at straws now and arresting anyone and everyone this young lady is naming whether they have evidence to or not.

Mark my word, this LE dept is digging itself in to a hole. I bet Darrel has nothing to do with it either, by his initial response yet they are arresting him and he will likely walk by monday, another man's name through the mud for no reason.

I have seen ten posts on here calling KIDD and DARREL sickos and yet we dont even have any evidence that they are involved and one of them isnt because he was released already. See how this works. MOB MENTALITY is the most dangerous and frightening thing there is IMO. Its like the ancient Romans screaming for more blood and demanding more Christians be thrown to the lions to satisfy their lust for drama and excitment.

Yesterday KIDD was raping kids under 12 and being called all sorts of names on here, today he is back home with his family because the cops obviously made a boneheaded decision.

Arrest records are public in Missouri. Do you know if LE announced the arrest ?
I guess this could ruin his reputation as a burglar and convicted felon, seeing as how he's usually tried and convicted after his arrests.

Does anyone have any thoughts on Darrel Mohler and the cousin showing up in court? The reason I ask is I've remained very perplexed about an element of our trial. It lasted nine days and the courtroom was filled. Our children were held in a separate holding room until they testified but we were allowed to be in the court. We had a number of family members and friends but nothing like the rapist's family. His "side" was absolutely filled to overflowing. Many of his supporters sat around us, which was very disconcerting.

The thing that was odd was how many middle-aged businessmen (the age of the rapist's father) attended every day of the trial. I was really surprised that men would take off work to sit in on a juvenile's trial for nine days. They would stand in the hallways around the courtroom and we had to walk the gauntlet of men as we entered the court each day. It was very creepy. Many of the same men showed up at the Post-Conviction Trial also--nine years later. I've always found it strange that so many people (who I'd never seen visiting next door) were drawn to show up in court.

If Darrel is indeed guilty, what is the psychology behind coming to court?

Whoa! Missizzy. You made me take a step back. I've been reading your posts and understand where you're coming from.

{creepy} isn't even the word. "Guilty complex?"

interesting,
fran

PS.....don't get too caught up in it!!!!!!!!!!! Your children are on the road to recovery. Is it worth it to reopen 'pandora's box?' Do you think LE got the hint?...fran

No I am saying you arrest people when you have probable cause to do so, if you do not then you simply bring them in for questioning to determine if there is cause. From what this looks like they arrested him on a whim, leaked it to the media basically destroying the guys name then realized they didnt have anything and let him go. If this happened to a client of mine heads would ROLL.

You either have probable cause or you do not, if you do then an arrest is made. If you do not then you cant arrest him but you can ask him to come in for questioning to determine the facts of the case then make an arrest or let him go. What they did to Kidd was a fishing expedition and they ruined his name in media. If they had probable cause for his arrest he wouldnt have been released so quickly, what happened was when they arrested him his lawyer likely demanded to know when they had to make sure they werent just fishing and when he found out they had nothing he demanded his client be relased. False arrest is no laughing matter.

This doesnt mean none of this is not true but they appear to be grasping at straws now and arresting anyone and everyone this young lady is naming whether they have evidence to or not.

Mark my word, this LE dept is digging itself in to a hole. I bet Darrel has nothing to do with it either, by his initial response yet they are arresting him and he will likely walk by monday, another man's name through the mud for no reason.

I have seen ten posts on here calling KIDD and DARREL sickos and yet we dont even have any evvidence that they are involved and one of them isnt because he was released already. See how this works.

I truly do not believe we're dealing with "whims" here.

I have seen ten posts on here calling KIDD and DARREL sickos and yet we dont even have any evvidence that they are involved and one of them isnt because he was released already. See how this works.

Change would let Missouri police hold suspects twice as long without charges.

When a police officer arrests a person for any criminal offense–whether a misdemeanor or felony–the suspect can be held in jail for 24 hours while police and prosecutors decide whether the person will be charged with a crime. At the end of the 24 hours, the prosecutor must either file a charge or the person must be released.

http://blog.jeffcitylaw.com/?p=726

I have seen ten posts on here calling KIDD and DARREL sickos and yet we dont even have any evidence that they are involved and one of them isnt because he was released already. See how this works. MOB MENTALITY is the most dangerous and frightening thing there is IMO. Its like the ancient Romans screaming for more blood and demanding more Christians be thrown to the lions to satisfy their lust for drama and excitment.

We don't know that he isn't involved. All we know is the police released him. How do you not know that they might have something, but re releasing him to see if he hangs himself??? Possibly to see if he hides any evidence, or leads them to the jars or bodies?? I have heard of police releasing a suspect, and then re- arresting them a few days later.

Just because he is released does NOT mean he is innocent!

~ Respectfully snipped and bolded ~
You dont arrest people and release their names to the media like Kidd and then turn around and let them walk, you bring them in for questioning to determine if there is cause for arrest and if not you let them go and do not leak their names to the media if they are not charged or arrested. KIDD from what I am seeing right now has a civil case against this LE dept. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I disagree with this assessment. The names of POI's are released all the time, along with names of people who are "taken in for questioning." Nothing unusual here except they said they arrested Kidd, when, in fact, it appears that Kidd was never charged with anything. That could have been a media slipup.

Salem

Does anyone have any thoughts on Darrel Mohler and the cousin showing up in court? The reason I ask is I've remained very perplexed about an element of our trial. It lasted nine days and the courtroom was filled. Our children were held in a separate holding room until they testified but we were allowed to be in the court. We had a number of family members and friends but nothing like the rapist's family. His "side" was absolutely filled to overflowing. Many of his supporters sat around us, which was very disconcerting.

Missizzy - I don't believe Darrel was in court as he lives in FL. He was contacted by a reporter and gave a statement.

Yesterday KIDD was raping kids under 12 and being called all sorts of names on here, today he is back home with his family because the cops obviously made a boneheaded decision.

I read Kidd was arrested on suspicion of rape, and LE was pointed to him through a tip -- the article didn't say that "young lady" gave them reason to do so.

Alumbaugh said that Larry Kidd, 55, of Kansas City, Missouri -- an "associate" of the Mohler family -- was picked up by police following a tip, cooperated with police and has been released.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/13/missouri.child.sexual.abuse/index.html

I also do not think that choosing to believe the victim(s) is "mob mentality". Not believing the victims, IMO, is further victimization, and fears come true-- to speak up & be told they're lying, just trying to cause trouble, etc., etc.

Can you point me to a civil suit against a police department who arrested someone on suspicion of <rape, murder, etc> that I could read about? I ask because it doesn't seem to be uncommon for LE to arrest on "suspicion of <whatever crime>". TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez