State v Bradley Cooper 04/11/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. I stopped what I was doing work wise to watch that testimony. I was on the edge of my seat ready to hear exactly what he did with those calls. And it was listening to work voicemails. Honestly, that isn't something someone does right after murdering their wife while still trying to cover it up. The first call was made a few minutes before the call from Nancy. It had to be legitimate work calls. And I simply can't believe he would mix the 2 at the same time.
Well, to clarify what I was trying to say... I still find the calls somewhat suspicious. Knowing that they were to voicemail isn't enough to convince me that he didn't do it.

But, my point was that IMHO, the prosecution did a poor job of presenting this. For me, it ended up having the reverse effect of what they were hoping for. My guess is that it may have done the same for the jury. The way he was so slowly and methodically working up to it, you could almost hear the dramatic "Unsolved Mysteries" narrator saying "Brad dialed the extension for voicemail, but he wasn't checking messages" (cue ominous music).

However, in the end, it was kind of a letdown. If I'm sitting in the jury, maybe I'm taking copious notes: "He pressed a '1', then he pressed a '3'", etc, thinking that it's leading somewhere big. Then, I'm thinking "well, crap, he just checked voicemail. Why didn't you just say that? You went an awful long way to tell me that he didn't do something illegal/nefarious".

She could have logged on at a friends if she stopped by and was hiding there...you dont have to be at your house to see email you know? he could have been emailing in case she ran away...in case he thought she may check it. she could have been out and about with one of her flings she obviously had or skipped the country. there are numerous reasons why he may have emailed her.

it shows ME that he still thought she was alive or sent it just in case she had skipped out.

she skipped out without her wallet, her purse, her car, her phone and most importantly without her kids. I guess it is possible.

There is something else noteworthy (IMO) from today. I thought of it as I read the posts tonight. In the emails between BC and NC that were shared today, BC actually appeared to be trying to cooperate. He NEVER ONCE sounded abusive in the emails, and I have to believe that if there was even one email where he did belittle or berate Nancy, it would have been presented today. Examples:

2/08 BC to NC -- Please open an account in your name. He then talks about agreeing on an amount to deposit regularly. NC to BC--I can't without a SS # --found out when I called today.

BC to NC- email about child's BDay party where he talked about plans, etc and he thought they could afford it.

4/06/08- BC to NC You should be able to get $100 monthly (something to do with Ontario childcare supplement)

4/09/08 - BC to NC (CC'd her Dad) Email sounding like he was trying to best figure out how to help with painting, packing, childcare, prep for her move. He received "rebuttal" email from NC telling him how he always offered but never followed through on the help.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that the tone of BC's emails was always civil. Every time. I find that interesting, considering all the testimony we've heard so far.

The media ran a story when this first came about, in '09 I think and I'm positive it listed a 10:30PM call that he would have received that night. I thought this would be the "smoking gun" and really about the only thing he lied about in his depo. (aside from we now know, his relationship w/the French girl). So is it true, there was no 10:30PM call? What are we supposed to believe set him into a rage that night? He had known about the separation agreement since April, right?

Also, what you're describing about how civil he was in his emails goes along with what I brought up the other day, how he never trashed her to anyone. He never said a negative thing about her to anyone. (as far as we have seen). This just does not seem like someone who would commit murder.

I bet they did not indicate what the email was because it probably had something to do with WORK. Much like the phone calls and voicemails he checked on July 12th....having to do with WORK. The prosecution has nothing but a bunch of gossip and evidence that BC and NC had a terrible marriage.

This is what stumps me.... I have 2 small children, right around the same age that BC and NC's children were in 2008. There is no way I could open and close my automatic garage door so many times in 1 evening without them waking up.

As the prosecution states: BC killed NC in the foyer (kids stay asleep). BC puts body in car in the garage, open the garage (kids asleep). Closes the garage. Comes home. Goes to Harris Teeter (opens and closes garage). Comes home (opens and closes garage). Goes back out to Harris Teeter (opens and closes garage). Kids sleep through the entire time and do not wake up. IMPOSSIBLE. Do you really think a 2 and 4 year old could sleep through all of this and stay home alone? No way! BC and / or NC was with them the entire time. They were not left alone. Hence, NC was home at 7 am until she went running. That is just my opinion

For me, it is not a huge leap to think that IF those poor babies heard anything they would have stayed put out of fear. Testimony shows they had seen enough bad things to have an effect on them. I don't even like to think about that aspect of the case.

I bet they did not indicate what the email was because it probably had something to do with WORK. Much like the phone calls and voicemails he checked on July 12th....having to do with WORK. The prosecution has nothing but a bunch of gossip and evidence that BC and NC had a terrible marriage.

This is what stumps me.... I have 2 small children, right around the same age that BC and NC's children were in 2008. There is no way I could open and close my automatic garage door so many times in 1 evening without them waking up.

As the prosecution states: BC killed NC in the foyer (kids stay asleep). BC puts body in car in the garage, open the garage (kids asleep). Closes the garage. Comes home. Goes to Harris Teeter (opens and closes garage). Comes home (opens and closes garage). Goes back out to Harris Teeter (opens and closes garage). Kids sleep through the entire time and do not wake up. IMPOSSIBLE. Do you really think a 2 and 4 year old could sleep through all of this and stay home alone? No way! BC and / or NC was with them the entire time. They were not left alone. Hence, NC was home at 7 am until she went running. That is just my opinion

How do you know they stayed asleep? According to Brad, his two year old was awake at 4 a.m. and cried for 15 minutes before he took her downstairs and the 4 year old never woke up. They could have both been awake and crying for all we know. MOO

Sexual assault do occur without genital injury. Add in 2.5 days of decomposition and the ability for the ME to tell is ever more reduced. As it is, only 5% of sexual assaults show genital injury based on a visual examination:

http://www.sp2.upenn.edu/ortner/docs/sommers_doc2.pdf

It's greater with other examination techniques. But honestly, we have no way of knowing if there was a sexual assault of NC.

Again, appreciate your comments, and of all the posters who post here that are highly skeptical as to whether he did it or not, I value (and thus scrutinize) your input a lot. I'd rather the truth than a conviction.

But where there is absolutely no evidence of sexual assault, or any assault other than strangulation, and given the circumstances, when you flip things like this to "it might have happened", you lose me and bring me over to the he-did-it side.

For example, if she were attacked on the road, running, and ultimately strangled by a stranger, I think she would have either had to have been knocked out cold by something like a lead pipe to the head (which would leave a fracture), or she would have fought like hell leaving other wounds showing a struggle. Neither exist beyond the blood pooling in her face, which is more consistent with her being dumped with her face down after having died.

A strangulation without other trauma suggests her killer had the ultimate advantage. Not proves, suggests. Like someone in a home laying a trap.

But I'm willing to listen.... one suggestion is you provide your best theory as to how she could have been killed randomly on the road and have suffered so little trauma.

I suppose one suggestion is someone approached her, threatened her, took her to the woods, and told her if she complied she would live. I just don't see that as at all realistic given Nancy is fit and can outrun most, is proven feisty, and also not dumb enough to believe an assailant will take it easy on her. Thus if there was a rape it most likely would have been violent, leading to noticeable trauma. This was not a pleasant paragraph to think about or type.

she skipped out without her wallet, her purse, her car, her phone and most importantly without her kids. I guess it is possible.

OMG! There is no evidence to show Nancy was ever not there for her girls. All common sense says she would never leave them voluntarily.

I think the 9:30 email was supposed to one that he had copied from Nancy's email. That's why many were expecting it to be something very incriminating.

My kids are very sound sleepers. I honestly think they would sleep through a garage door opening repeatedly. They sleep through major thunderstorms. It always amazes me.

But I agree with you. NC was home that morning until 7.

I apologize if this has been discussed (I skimmed today's posts...), but found a reference to a missing laptop on a Canadian site:

"Johnson also found records of the purchase of a Sony laptop computer that investigators never recovered."
http://www.canada.com/Husband+accus...d&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=DTN+Canada:

Was there any discussion about the year of the purchase or the history/primary user of the laptop?

If this has already been discussed, please point me in the right direction. I'll quietly make my way to the corner and read the posts. TIA

Going over to friends at night and having the kids be with their father is not leaving them.

I think the 9:30 email was supposed to one that he had copied from Nancy's email. That's why many were expecting it to be something very incriminating.

My kids are very sound sleepers. I honestly think they would sleep through a garage door opening repeatedly. They sleep through major thunderstorms. It always amazes me.

Maybe I just have very light sleepers. Granted mine would have stayed asleep if the garage door opened and closed once, maybe twice, but not more than that. While I think BC was a terrible husband I do NOT feel he was a bad father AT ALL. I do not think he would have left them alone for that long to go on numerous trips to various to Harris Teeter, dumpsites and ranndom dumpsters to destroy possible evidence. I think NC was home while he went to Teeter and then left to go on her jog.

I am looking very forward to the defense presenting its case. It will finally be put to rest that the prosecution has NOTHING on BC except that he and NC were in a bad situation

There is something else noteworthy (IMO) from today. I thought of it as I read the posts tonight. In the emails between BC and NC that were shared today, BC actually appeared to be trying to cooperate. He NEVER ONCE sounded abusive in the emails, and I have to believe that if there was even one email where he did belittle or berate Nancy, it would have been presented today. Examples:

2/08 BC to NC -- Please open an account in your name. He then talks about agreeing on an amount to deposit regularly. NC to BC--I can't without a SS # --found out when I called today.

BC to NC- email about child's BDay party where he talked about plans, etc and he thought they could afford it.

4/06/08- BC to NC You should be able to get $100 monthly (something to do with Ontario childcare supplement)

4/09/08 - BC to NC (CC'd her Dad) Email sounding like he was trying to best figure out how to help with painting, packing, childcare, prep for her move. He received "rebuttal" email from NC telling him how he always offered but never followed through on the help.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that the tone of BC's emails was always civil. Every time. I find that interesting, considering all the testimony we've heard so far.

Because he knows it could all be tracked or thrown back in his face later during divorce proceedings.. or maybe if he ended up on trial for something later?

According to CC, NC went running at Lake Johnson on Thursday. Does anyone have any idea who she may have gone running with? JA said when she called police that NC wouldn't go on a run without telling her, but she never mentioned this Thursday run in her testimony. I'm just wondering if anyone else may have picked up on who she was running with on Thursday.

Along with the other emails, there were confirmation emails on BC computer that he ordered an FXO port and a Cisco 38?? something device (is that a router?) and an updated Samsung Blackjack phone. I think these were in 2 or 3 separate emails in early 2008.

Do you know what the 9:32 e-mail said:waitasec:
I was there and have no idea.

Maybe I just have very light sleepers. Granted mine would have stayed asleep if the garage door opened and closed once, maybe twice, but not more than that. While I think BC was a terrible husband I do NOT feel he was a bad father AT ALL. I do not think he would have left them alone for that long to go on numerous trips to various to Harris Teeter, dumpsites and ranndom dumpsters to destroy possible evidence. I think NC was home while he went to Teeter and then left to go on her jog.

I am looking very forward to the defense presenting its case. It will finally be put to rest that the prosecution has NOTHING on BC except that he and NC were in a bad situation

You and me both!

Just a warning if there is any attacking of the victim here it won't be tolerated.
Discuss the issues but do it in a constructive way.
Post lands randomly. But if any of your posts fit this description, I strongly suggest an edit.

Along with the other emails, there were confirmation emails on BC computer that he ordered an FXO port and a Cisco 38?? something device (is that a router?) and an updated Samsung Blackjack phone. I think these were in 2 or 3 separate emails in early 2008.

Jan 2008 -- 14 items on Cisco order, including FXO thingie
Feb 2008 -- Signed up for Blackjack upgrade

Yes Madeleine, that order recap had a page full of VOIP equipment he ordered. Again, so fast it was hard to keep up. I heard the FXO port for sure. So you recalled a 3810 Cisco router too?

You don't think he was a bad father by constantly getting in fights with his wife, taking her name off the bills and bank accounts and forgetting to pay the water bill and yelling at her through BJs when buying food for the birthday party? You don't think he was a bad dad because he decided to do all these marathons and the mba at the same time spending 8 hours each day on the weekends the only time he has with his daughters training for marathons and iron man competitions? Hiding out in his office on the bike and tredmil and only coming out for dinner as testified by KL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14