2011.05.14 Jury Selection Day SIX (morning session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baez: lied in his questionnaire; said not a big deal; intentional- he said he was analytical and thinks things through>intentional (lying)

Just like his client lied (still lying) and thinks it no big deal.

DT wants him out. Claiming his age.

Not his age, but the fact that he testified that he wouldn't not take into account age before being "rehabilitated"

hmm, no challenge from the SA,

DT is challenging.....surprising

The defense doesnt want him. What? They are dumb. moo

I think the state roped them into it by pretending they had no objection. But nevermind: objection for cause denied.

I wonder if this is brought out on appeal. Only thing is I am unsure on what reasoning.

From the look on KC's face, I don't think she's having a very good day today.

Clolsing this thread in a bit for recess

SIDE BAR THREAD

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136155"]2011.05.14 - Sidebar Thread (Juror Selection Day Six) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

He lied about his criminal background. I agree, he should be excused for misrepresentation.

Okay so can anyone tell me how old this PJ is and what year his pot charge was? He sounds pretty young. In canada your juvie record does not hold up in adult court.

Have any of our WS people been in Court this week? Any on-the-scene reports?

Did I understand that LE just let this man go and that he wasn't charged with anything and nothing is on his record due to it?

So...along those lines.....the media made JB their own personal prostit*te for ratings.

How does that make you feel JB?? It's not about you at all.. EGO bruised?

An aside....JB's EGO seems more like EGGO to me. Lego my eggo.

GLADLY.

Thanks for the humor release.

SOTS: no. :tyou: :)

Jose is judging people that haven't done as much lying as Casey, as being liars. He is asking that they not just go by what someone has said...etc. Okay, Jose that works for both sides.

They got nothin' but ego, you are right. That is all. If the judge can keep this on track, I feel this is going to happen. :twocents:

Again, thanks for the laugh. :wave:

Did the Judge overrule Baez?

He did--he told him that essentially the reason the PT gave the answer that he did about age/mitigating factor was because JB didn't ask the question properly.

:giggle:

WHOAH no objections from the State.

Do you think they are just baiting the Defense to move to strike for cause?
I got the impression from him he would be good for the state. Hates that his mom is married to someone in jail. For the death penalty. Doesn't like mitagating circumstances.

He lied about his criminal background. I agree, he should be excused for misrepresentation.

Juvies are told they don't have to tell about the crime on any applications etc. The records are sealed. LE in Tenn may not have been clear that LE can still see the record.

Aside from the obvious - I think it's interesting that a lot of the jurors hold ideologies and beliefs quite different from those "stereotypical" Americanisms we are generally lead to believe.

Not his age, but the fact that he testified that he wouldn't not take into account age before being "rehabilitated"

I think the state roped them into it by pretending they had no objection. But nevermind: objection for cause denied.

I wonder if this is brought out on appeal. Only thing is I am unsure on what reasoning.

JB himself elicited an answer from the juror that he was not intentionally trying to mislead or lie...that he was just embarrassed. SO..JB shot himself in his own foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vonna1980!