NY - Lauren Belius, 6, stabbed to death, 19 July 2011 *Insanity*

I thought it was the other way around. You can be incompetent and brought to competency for trial (like they are doing with the guy that shot the senator). If you are said to be not criminally responsible, there is no further trial. That is the verdict. I will have to check into this.

I'll look too, you might be right, now that I think about it.

I still think the evaluation periods are mandated. So, even though he will go back in front of a judge in a year, it's likely more of a formality than anything. They are noting already what the arrangements will likely be after that first evaluation, when it changes to every two years. I have no doubt he will be in for a long time...even if you seem sane, you still stabbed a child to death. They are going to want to monitor his so called sanity for quite some time, I would hope, to make sure it lasts. If he gets out in a year, I'm giving up on the U.S. justice and mental health systems and moving to a cave in the desert.

It is amazing how a guy goes clinically crazy the day after his girlfriend turns down his proposal.

The timing? It's just coincidental, I'm sure.

If she had said yes, I'm sure he still would have gone nuts and stabbed her daughter to death.

Apologies if this link has already been posted.. I did not see it. I wonder if his claims regarding the 12 year old girl in Florida are true?

http://centralny.ynn.com/content/to...ilcock-trial-begins-with-emotional-testimony/

A bit off topic, but tiny Sherrill NY was also the hometown of Craig's list killer Phillip Markoff!

I don't know if it's true... but if it IS true and if the statute of limitations hasn't run out... they should try him for that.
He might get like actually prison time for that offense.

I don't know if it's true... but if it IS true and if the statute of limitations hasn't run out... they should try him for that.
He might get like actually prison time for that offense.

With a jury

With a jury

Preferably.
But I think he would have a tough time even convincing a different judge that he was also insane 10 years ago...
Then was okay for 9 years 11 months and 3 weeks before he went nuts again.

But then again... who knows... maybe he could convince a judge or a jury.
Since he does have the possibility of getting out in one year if he is all better... I don't have much faith that anyone would convict him either.

I would really like to believe he won't get out in a year. But it's happened before... drown two kids, out in two years.
So if it does happen, I won't be surprised. :twocents:

Is it just me? I still don't buy it.

I guess God told him to go onto the internet and "carry out searches for religious terms and words relating to law enforcement". These were all found on Trebilcock's desktop.

Also revealed in court was the fact that one of Trebilcock's hard drives was sent to the U.S. Secret Service for investigation, but was too severely damaged and no information was recovered. Guess god told him to destroy this too.

Is it just me? I still don't buy it.

I guess God told him to go onto the internet and "carry out searches for religious terms and words relating to law enforcement". These were all found on Trebilcock's desktop.

Also revealed in court was the fact that one of Trebilcock's hard drives was sent to the U.S. Secret Service for investigation, but was too severely damaged and no information was recovered. Guess god told him to destroy this too.

Oh it is NOT just you. I am just trying really, really hard to not get too emotional about it on here.
I have said before that WebSleuths has actually helped me to learn some self control in expressing myself. (My in laws thank you all.) :seeya:

However... I agree with you. He had basically researched an insanity defense before it happened.
Like I said... there are just SO many coincidences here! :waitasec:

Went nuts right after a proposal was turned down...
Just happened to research religion and law enforcement before claiming he killed the anti-Christ because God told him to...
Just happened to have destroyed a hard drive right before this all occurred too.... (who did he think would see it?)

http://www.oneidadispatch.com/articles/2012/02/09/news/doc4f3328f2910d6633680490.txt

The prosecution called a Utica police officer who specializes in computer forensics to present evidence that David Trebilcock researched police procedures and religious materials just days before 6-year-old Lauren Belius was killed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Although one hard drive, not installed in a computer, was damaged beyond the ability to recover any information
(the U.S. Secret Service also examined it and found it to be too damaged), the second computer provided some insight into the days leading up to the July 19 murder.

Now this one??? I had to read it a few times. :waitasec:
Then I had to go pour myself a drink and read it a few more times. :needdrink:
Then I had to wait a few days and think about it so I wouldn't get banned. :chillout:

I STILL cannot grasp it.
I mean seriously? :what:
PTSD?
INCIDENT?
I just... I... :pullhair:

She diagnosed him with post-traumatic stress disorder, that resulted from the incident with Lauren,

depression, personality disorder and schizophrenia.

http://www.oneidadispatch.com/articles/2012/02/09/news/doc4f3328f2910d6633680490.txt

I can only imagine that PTSD that Michael Plumadore, Joseph Duncan, Jeffrey Dahmer and others must have dealt with! :banghead:

I wonder if Lauren's mother, who witnessed her daughter being stabbed while she was performing CPR on her... has PTSD?
Or her twin sister E, who witnessed her being stabbed as well? Or her older brother N, who was also there?

Maybe I take it more personally than some. But him being diagnosed with PTSD from his own murder of a little girl?
That, feels like a slap in the face to all of the people with PTSD from being victims and survivors... not perpetrators and killers. :twocents:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

While Lupi pointed out that Marioni felt it important to speak with Trebilcock’s family and friend, she pointed out that the doctor never made any attempt to contact Belius.

Marioni replied that she didn’t think it would “appropriate” and that it may have “retraumatized,” Belius.
She admitting that gathering information from Belius would have been useful.
Belius is the only person who could have spoken to Trebilcock’s life in the last two years
and his actions and demeanor in the days leading up to Lauren’s death.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The doctor ONLY talked to friends and family that hadn't been around him for years.
Before diagnosing him with something that sprung up in the previous few months.

Determined he was not responsible for a murder, but talked to nobody who witnessed the murder.
Oh... and the rest of it? She took his word for it...

Fighting for Lauren's Law

http://www.facebook.com/LaurensLaw2012

Justice for Lauren,
who Trebilcock stabbed 24 times with a steak knife in her Primo Avenue home in Sherrill July 19, would have been a guilty verdict accompanied by a life sentence, Belius said.

Instead, Trebilcock, who expert witnesses diagnosed as having paranoid schizophrenia, will undergo further psychiatric evaluation to determine if the mental disease he suffers from makes him dangerous.
If so, Dwyer said he’ll spend a year locked in a secure psychiatric facility and then be evaluated, and again every two years thereafter.

--------------

The crime of murdering a child should be consider heinous enough to always be first-degree murder, as it is when members of law enforcement are murdered.

---------------

If a person is found not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect, a mandatory period of time should be set equal to the time that person would have spent in jail if he or she were found guilty.

The Lauren’s Law petition originally called for that verdict - “not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect” - to be changed to “guilty, but mentally ill.”
Belius said. Other states have made that change but it’s now being contested, she said.

http://www.romeobserver.com/articles/2012/03/01/news/doc4f4ebe6891559736340533.txt

[video=youtube;jQhOwDrc8QM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQhOwDrc8QM[/video]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back