NY - Lauren Belius, 6, stabbed to death, 19 July 2011 *Insanity*

Honestly, I think the only reasonable explanation is something like Schizophrenia.

What do YOU think happened? What am I missing?

All it takes is a depraved mind to commit murder.

We have an epidemic of *advertiser censored* in this country. As someone becomes addicted to *advertiser censored*, there is a sliding scale of perversion. Violent *advertiser censored* is a powerful influence.

Not sure if *advertiser censored* is involved in this case, but it's a lot more likely than schizophrenia.

All it takes is a depraved mind to commit murder.

We have an epidemic of *advertiser censored* in this country. As someone becomes addicted to *advertiser censored*, there is a sliding scale of perversion. Violent *advertiser censored* is a powerful influence.

Not sure if *advertiser censored* is involved in this case, but it's a lot more likely than schizophrenia.

Since Charmaine was contesting the idea of abuse and also not fond of the idea of psychological issues... I was wondering what other reason he would have.

I agree all it takes is a depraved mind... however, it isn't often that a guy who has been a nice guy suddenly stabs a 6 year old girl to death. If he wasn't abusing anyone in the house and had no previous signs of violence.

I was wondering if there was something we didn't know that might explain it. Though, I have no idea what that might be.

Since Charmaine was contesting the idea of abuse and also not fond of the idea of psychological issues... I was wondering what other reason he would have.

I agree all it takes is a depraved mind... however, it isn't often that a guy who has been a nice guy suddenly stabs a 6 year old girl to death. If he wasn't abusing anyone in the house and had no previous signs of violence.

I was wondering if there was something we didn't know that might explain it. Though, I have no idea what that might be.

I am not at all denying psychological issues. Anyone who can do something like this has psychological issues! I am just saying I am not really buying the schizophrenia act. Anyone that can do such an act has serious mental issues...in one way or another. From what I understand.... anyone who knew him could never see his as being the monster that he is. Nobody thought he was capable of such a thing. He must have been very good at hiding the monster inside.

Earlier this week, Trebilcock was declared mentally competent to stand trial.

http://www.wktv.com/news/crime-reports/128880193.html

Friday, Sept. 9 has been set as the first County Court appearance for the 30-year-old man accused of stabbing and killing a 6-year-old girl.

The indictment against David L. Trebilcock was handed up by the grand jury Wednesday afternoon.

http://www.romesentinel.com/news?newsid=20110901-142205

According to Oneida County First Assistant District Attorney Dawn Catera Lupi, Trebilcock was indicted on charges of second-degree murder, second-degree assault and fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon.

http://oneidadispatch.com/articles/2011/08/31/news/doc4e5e90ca2d751103663462.txt

The second-degree assault charge stems from the knife injuries that Lauren’s mother, Allison Belius, suffered when she attempted to fight Trebilcock off of her daughter inside their Primo Avenue home the morning of July 18.

http://www.uticaod.com/breaking/x48...cted-by-grand-jury-in-Sherrill-childs-killing

“There is no remorse for what happened because he still feels that what he did was justifiable,
that God was telling him to do things that he needed to do to get into heaven,” Nebush said.

“He believes he did the right thing so he can ascend into heaven to be with his God.”

“His explanation for what happened is totally bizarre and delusional,
but that’s his reality and it’s nothing that you or I can understand,” Nebush said.

On Monday, Lauren’s mother, Allison Belius, said she was relieved to hear that her former boyfriend will have to face criminal charges instead of immediately “getting away” with a psychiatric defense.

In Trebilcock’s eyes, Lauren was an “evil-doer” who would pose a threat to himself and others if she was allowed to live, Nebush said.

As incomprehensible as that is, Nebush said Trebilcock’s disturbed mind might have even gone so far as to have created a make-believe history of encounters with Lauren that would have further perpetuated his tragic thinking.

In other words, it was all in his head, Nebush said.

http://www.uticaod.com/m/top/x16886...fit-for-trial-still-justifies-child-s-killing

Firstly I would just like to say to the family, how very very sorry I am for the loss of their little girl. :(

I personally think the mother is amazing and I do not agree with the posts that say she shouldnt have let him live in his house, with their children. It appeared everyone was happy, the children liked him and they were talking about marraige. It sounds like the children are her world, and I think this was evident in the way she protected them.

From reports, there was no sign of anything wrong at all. Why should she be worried?

She is one of the few mothers on here we read about that has fought for her life against this monster,trying to save her daughters life. Thank god she did that self defense class 4 times a week.

She is so very brave talking to the media, standing up to this evil b******, trying to be strong for her children and fighting that he gets the right punishment, not some chushy ride in a mental hospital.

I really feel for her because she wants answers to her questions, for him to answer why this happened, how it happened etc etc.

I very much doubt he will answer these as the insanity defense is the only thing he has got right now. Obviously he has some mental issues because of what he did, but to the extent is he playing it, I doubt it.

All I can say is, sometimes when you get to know someone, the person you first meet is not the person they are. Sometimes this becomes evident after a short space of time, for others this can be years. It just depends on the person and what they may be hiding. I know this first hand. Obviously not to the extent of this situation.

I just find it so hard to believe that this guy claims to have mental issues that made him do this, which must be REALLY severe issues to make him do something as terrible as this. If this was the case, why would he not display ANY signs of being mentally unstable previously. Strange.

I agree with sindydee She is one of the few mothers on here we read about that has fought for her life against this monster,trying to save her daughters life.

I believe this mother loves her children and she would have protected them no matter the cost. We are human and can't always see the "monsters".

Lauren (her twin sisters) Birthday was September 16th.

lauren12.jpg

David Trebilcock will be back in court Nov. 3 to determine whether statements he made to law enforcement officials can be used at trial.

Although Trebilcock has been found mentally fit to stand trial by two psychiatrists...

http://www.uticaod.com/topstories/x464385433/Psychiatric-reports-still-pending-in-Trebilcock-case

Sherrill community supports Belius family

Ribbons fashioned in Lauren Belius’ favorite color, pink, and her twin sister E***’s favorite, purple
, were assembled and sold by their classmates, parents and members of the E. A. McAllister Elementary School Parent Teacher Student Organization, raising $1,200 for the Belius family.

The children, who “took time to think of someone else this summer,” were presented certificates of appreciation at the meeting.

http://oneidadispatch.com/articles/2011/10/03/news/doc4e8a52553cad0501718306.txt#photo1

Traumatic to lose a sibling in such a way.......but it must be devastating to lose a twin. So sad. Hope the family is staying strong.

I'm just seeing this case for the first time. How terribly sad and tragic...:(

Now I can't let this case go. When looking at the picture album someone posted on the first page, my heart stopped when I saw the picture of the twins and their brother. I was wondering how my son got in the picture. I enlarged it and just stared. Not only could their brother be my son's twin, but they are the same age and have the same name - not an unusual one but not a common one. So in some odd way, I feel very connected to this case and will follow it through.

Praying for justice.

Charmaine, thank you for taking the time to tell us about this beautiful family. The blame lies solely with the monster who consciously chose to kill beautiful Lauren.. Why? I don't think we'll ever know and if he by chance were to tell the truth of "why" I doubt very seriously that it would be an answer That any of us could even begin to comprehend and certainly never be enough to begin to explain the pain of what he's taken away.. My heart aches for this mother and most for the children, her precious twin that will never ever forget what is etched in her little mind of her last memory of literally was a part of her, her twin sister..

This monster just is the epitome of evil.. Is the mugshot in the Syracuse.com from this arrest!?!? Does it not seem as tho he's smiling?

I read that mom was sleeping after having worked the night shift as an RN.. This happened at 8:30am. I am truly wondering if there was more to this monsters plan?? If mom had been at work all night and had recently just gotten home and gotten to bed.. I'm going to assume with the children still being in their beds asleep that they had spent the night at home while mom worked the night shift and David was the caretaker overnight?.. So, this leaves me perplexed in that he could have easily done this at any point throughout the night while mom was away from the home.. This would have assured no one interrupting his plan.. Were there words exchanged that morning when mom returned home from working overnight?? I wonder if there was any argument or even any words exchanged?? Or was he asleep in bed, she climbs in bed and goes to sleep and at that point he gets up and...

I just cannot make sense of his obviously having been alone with these sleeping children all night long and this not occurring until mom was back at the home?? Was she meant to die as well?.. IMO it certainly seems from looking at the situation that possibly it was a snapping point that quickly led to his stabbing this child to death due to "if" it's indeed fact that he'd been alone with the children all night with mom at work.. That truly makes me think there's more to it.. As in his plan somehow included mom, if only to bear witness.. I do wonder tho if Any words were exchanged at all that morning when mom got in from work??

Another strange thing IMO was this man's fascination with collecting Pokeman cards(my son was really into this as well.. But at age 13 has long since outgrown it).. So for a 30yr old mAn to be into this I definitely find strange.. Stated he also was obsessed with playing video games, curious to know what type games and was he involved in the online gaming.. That easily IMO collides with the vast online *advertiser censored* industry.. There's something more to this BIG TIME IMO!! and I agree with Charmaine that his working with schizo patients would have him with more than enough knowledge to play the part.. The prosecutor of the case has already stated there is no prior mental Illness history, none whatsoever.. IMO that means there was no medicated David successful in controlling his schizo and suddenly for reasons unknown the meds are not working or are stopped.. That's out the window according to prosecutor.. And I agree that age 30 is a very late onset for it to suddenly with no signs(minus one comment to co worker of his seeing demons at night[IMO possibly all part of his plan..idk?]) manifest itself in such a violent extreme.. I just don't buy it.. IMO there's something way more to it.. Jmo, tho!

I love this site, I really do but i'm wondering if it is affecting me negatively? Instead of feeling empowered, i feel so helpless at nearly every story!
Look at this beautiful little girl! Why does God let these things happen?
I'm close to tears right now.
RIP precious Lauren...

Yeah, I hear you. I have to take little breaks from WS & my beau hates that I read here. But it did prompt me to enroll in a program that helps children in the foster care & court system. Gotta do something to help.

God does not let these things happen. God is good. This is evil & was caused by an evil "free-willing" human (my humble opinion & belief).

RIP Lauren & bless her friends & family.

I tend to agree with Smooth at this point.....with him possibly wanting to do the whole family in. Still the ?....why?

Just so tragic and senseless. RIP baby girl and may her family somehow find some peace. God Bless.

I too agree with SO on the possibility that the whole family may have been intended to die that day. As to the why's I really don't know. Sickness, evil, we may never know.

My heart breaks for this family. What a horrific thing to endure. I too have no blame in my heart for mom. This was no stranger she brought home and moved in. It appears she knew him for quite some time. Many people who knew him were shocked at this turn, not just mom.

Praying for their recovery from this trauma. I followed this case when it first broke and then moved away from it til now.

I see his attorney is now pleading possible schizophrenia as the culprit. I don't know that I buy it. As mentioned by other posters, 30 is pretty late for first onset and no one reports any red flags at a younger age.

>> SNIPPED <<

I see his attorney is now pleading possible schizophrenia as the culprit. I don't know that I buy it. As mentioned by other posters, 30 is pretty late for first onset and no one reports any red flags at a younger age.

It is so hard to believe mental illness is involved when no prior red flags were seen. But I have lived such a case up close and personal; even testified at trial.

Many years ago when my children were young, I had a dear friend with several young children also. We were members of a strong and active group called the Parents Circle. We did many things Together with our kids as young mothers and, as our husbands were friends, we also got together fairly often as couples too.

One day she was driving the weekly 2 hour drive with her kids to see her mother who was ill. She never arrived. As there was ice on the roads, all routes were checked for a car wreck. Nothing. Then helicopter searches. Nothing. Then bulletins interrupting tv shows with their pictures. Nothing. Three days later we were spoon feeding her husband who was distraught with grief and fear. Then the phone rang. It was his wife calling to tell him her ceiling light in the car had been tracking her and she had to abandon the car and seek safety from "the killers" that were hunting them. Total delusional break.

The kids turned into posters in the post office and milk carton kids. Three months later she called me. She said Tom Brokaw was sending her secret messages through the remote control of her ceiling fan, etc. She dropped off the radar again.

Six months later, the FBI took her into custody flying into Hawaii from New Zealand. She had been in the UK, China, Australia, and NZ. Her children were returned to her husband, thankfully still alive. She received the treatment she so desperately needed for her diagnosis of schizophrenia.

NONE of her large circle of friends saw one single warning sign of this before her sudden disappearance.

Doctors say the potential was always there and the stress of her mother's terminal illness brought on the sudden and acute symptoms.

Not saying that's what happened in this case, but I would question his stressors at the time he "lost it". Was he merely angry, or suddenly and authentically delusional?

Statements the Sherrill man accused of fatally stabbing his girlfriend&#8217;s 6-year-old daughter made to law enforcement authorities will be admitted as evidence in his upcoming trial.

Public defender Patrick Marthage dropped his objection to admitting the statements Trebilcock made at the scene and as he was being transported to St. Elizabeth&#8217;s Medical Center.

But he asked Oneida County Judge Michael Dwyer to delay the hearing on six statements made while Trebilcock was hospitalized until defense expert witnesses can review the results of an examination by the CNY Psychiatric Center.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2011/11/attorney_drops_request_to_supp.html

The admissibility of the remaining statements
, made while Trebilcock was being transported to the hospital and while being treated at the hospital will be determined at hearings scheduled in December.

Before Marthage makes a determination on whether or not he will fight to suppress those comments, a psychiatrist, serving as an expert witness to the prosecution, will need to review and weigh in on nearly five hours of recorded conversations and interviews police had with Trebilcock on the way to and at the hospital.

The prosecution&#8217;s psychiatrist will also need to review the recordings.

The judge expressed concern over how long the case will be delayed to accommodate the psychiatrists&#8217; work. While Lupi said the prosecution&#8217;s psychiatrist would not be able to complete his report before the end of the year, a hearing is scheduled for Dec. 8 to allow Marthage to place his decision about the statements on the record.

A second date has been set for Dec. 15 if a hearing on the statements&#8217; admissibility is needed.

http://oneidadispatch.com/articles/2011/11/02/news/doc4eb1cce24c0aa330944221.txt

The judge then set a February 6 trial date.

Due to an order by the judge, attorneys have been forbid to publicly comment about the case in the media.

http://www.wktv.com/news/local/Tria...f-stabbing-6-year-old-to-death-136078388.html

An attempt by David Trebilcock&#8217;s defense to make a deal with a plea of not guilty by reason of insanity was rejected by the Oneida County District Attorney&#8217;s Office as the murder case heads to trial.

First Assistant District Attorney Dawn Catera Lupi refused to accept any kind of plea deal in Oneida County Court Thursday. :woohoo:

http://oneidadispatch.com/articles/2011/12/22/news/doc4ef3cce89f6af420894175.txt

Hallelujiah!!!! (or however u spell it!)
Did we ever get a tox screen? IMHO one of the few logical explanations....

Some how I had'nt read this story yet. I was reading and thanking the first posts thinking this just happened, when I finally saw this was months ago.

By far one of the most horrific crimes I've heard of. My prayers on this Christmas eve for this family.

As always, thank you to those that keep updating. I can't imagine a punishment that we as civilized humans can give. Nothing seems fitting for the sight of this crime that the mom and sister have etched in their brains. Peace be with them.

Hallelujiah!!!! (or however u spell it!)
Did we ever get a tox screen? IMHO one of the few logical explanations....

I don't believe we ever did... but I did wonder if that had anything to do with his lawyer dropping his arguments to suppress statements?
Maybe he is going to claim he was high, if he can't claim he was crazy?
This isn't an innocence or guilt case for this jury... this is a "WHY did he do it?" case...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theonce-ler
Back