CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I have a question and I have been following along every page, I'm confused because...

1--Dylan made plans to meet his friends at 6:30 am. Was that the same morning Dad said couldn't wake him up and he didn't want to go into town with him??? Isn't that a contradiction?

2---This is an observation, it makes me furious when I'm trying to talk to my son who is a young adult and he is texting and reading his texts and ignoring me.

Can anyone imagine someone who hasn't been around this behavior that much who would not lose their temper? Know what I mean??? I can see taking the cell phone away but not the charger from a parental stand point...unless it meant getting rid of everything as in disposing of.

In putting this timeline together can I use the info that posters have transcribed from NG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you may. I'm sure there is a link to the transcript somewhere. When was the case on NG?

I'm sorry I'm not able to keep up with you guys. So many threads to keep an eye on and limited time. But I am very interested in this case and praying very hard that this young man comes home safe and sound

Salem

I had come up with a theory, but I'm not sure if all of it fits anymore. I'll have to pay attention while I'm writing it in case I'm sure something has changed since I first thought of it.

I assumed that he had made plans from home to meet his friends after he got there Sunday night, but had to change them (either before leaving home or after he was picked up) because his father said he wouldn't take him that night - but had errands to run the next morning so he could drop him off when he left about 6:30 Monday morning. When his dad unsuccessfully tried to get him up for an hour, I can see him telling him, "I'm leaving now, and you'll just have to wait until I get home to go."

When Dylan got up later, he could have tried calling his friend/s to say he missed his ride, but got mad that he couldn't get a signal or the phone was dead and just decided to walk/hitchhike (just to show his dad he didn't need him!) he ma or may not have grabbed his fishing pole to bring along, depending on what they had planned. It's possible that he first left because he knew there was no signal at the house, and tried to call after getting down the road a bit, and then discovered his phone was dead.

I guess what happened from that point would depend on who picked him up. It could have been someone passing through who took him with them; it could have been a neighbor who offered to take him to the friend's house but did something else; it could have been a neighbor who DID take him to the friend's house and something happened after he was there; it could have been a stranger who did either of the previous things. It could have been that something happened along the road (animal, car accident, other kind of mishap). He could have grabbed the pole to go fishing wherever it was that someone said was right by the house, and fell in, met someone untrustworthy, or any number of other things.

I'm still not so short of ideas that I'll start considering anyone in the family yet. Those ideas are usually easy for me to come up with, and I'd rather think of any alternatives first.

I am with you on much of your possible scenarios. But Dad did have a landline, so he could have called his friends from dads.

But let's say he did call his friends. And one of them or their older brother, was old enough to drive. And they picked him up that morning. Maybe something accidental happened and they are trying to cover it up now.

The friends have said he hitch hikes all of the time, and they have said they tried to reach him all day, but he never picked up. I hope LE is looking at that to see if it is true.

These friends also say he hithchiked.

I wonder if any of the friends drove yet or had older brothers that drove?

Could these friends have picked him up early and then things went sideways?

Could be. These "friends" are doing my head in. lol. I rarely drink but some amarula in some pinon coffee is sounding good about now ... heading to the kitchen.

Is she watching SVU, CI, regular, the DVD's, short lived spin-offs LA, UK or Trial by Jury, on TNT, USA, NBC, Oxygen, or on DVR?

I can never seem to find L&O's...they're so rarely on. LOL

they are having a SVU/CI marathon or something on Oxygen.....

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

all i hear is da, da, dadada or whatever that theme music is...:furious:

I want to know if Dylan's scent was ever picked up at dad's house!!!

They had the dogs down near the lake again for part of today...

Could be. These "friends" are doing my head in. lol. I rarely drink but some amarula in some pinon coffee is sounding good about now ... heading to the kitchen.

Pinon coffee sounds good. Where do you buy that? tia

Quoting myself to compare statements:

Ryan Nava, 13, a friend of Dylan's said in a phone interview Saturday that Dylan was originally going to Bayfield to visit his friends Sunday night but then changed that to meet them early Monday morning.

OKAY----Here is the discrepancy. Mom said his plans with his friends were for Monday morning. The friend said they had plans for Sunday night, but Dylan changed the plans.

WHEN did he change the plans? And how did he do so?

I don't necessarily see a discrepancy - his mom could have talked to the friends after he went missing. They could have told her then that Dylan had changed his plans at some point Sunday, so she was up to date with what actually happened.

If mom made that statement how does she know. It seems it would have to come from his dad. jmo

I'm thinking mom has read the initial police report or learned info from a detective.

Denise Hess, close family friend, helping to organize searches

"Dylan flew into Durango airport around 6, 6:30 Sunday evening."

OK, so that solidifies in my mind that Dylan flew in on the 5:47PM flight. By the time he got to the gate, it'd be about 6:00PM. Also, there were no other flights that flew into Durango from anywhere from that flight until 8:25PM.

FWIW, that 5:47PM flight was, in fact, about 1 hour late arriving. It was scheduled to arrive at 4:48PM.

With that figured out, I still don't know where that leaves us. :sigh:

I am just a little curious as to what Dylan's mom and dad do for a living. I'm not trying to say it has any bearing on what happened to him. I was just wondering and don't recall it being said. tia

Ok I have a question and I have been following along every page, I'm confused because...

1--Dylan made plans to meet his friends at 6:30 am. Was that the same morning Dad said couldn't wake him up and he didn't want to go into town with him??? Isn't that a contradiction?

2---This is an observation, it makes me furious when I'm trying to talk to my son who is a young adult and he is texting and reading his texts and ignoring me.

Can anyone imagine someone who hasn't been around this behavior that much who would not lose their temper? Know what I mean??? I can see taking the cell phone away but not the charger from a parental stand point...unless it meant getting rid of everything as in disposing of.

In terms of number 1, my DD used to do that when she was in middle school. Her best friend's family used to go snow boarding all winter. They often invited her, and all she had to do was get dropped off at their house by 5:30 am. I was willing to do that, and she would pack the night before. But when I tried to get her up at 5 am she would NOT GET UP. She would be all mad at me and hide under the covers. So I would gladly go back to bed. Then her snarly teen self would be mad at 9 am when she came down to eat. Too Bad, So Sad. LOL

I don't necessarily see a discrepancy - his mom could have talked to the friends after he went missing. They could have told her then that Dylan had changed his plans at some point Sunday, so she was up to date with what actually happened.

I got the impression that Mom thought the friends were meeting up on Monday morning from the start, from when she dropped her son off at the airport. But I could be wrong.

I'm not sure kids would even have any idea how to get a hold of friends without their own phone. They would not know their numbers.

Quoting myself to compare statements:

Ryan Nava, 13, a friend of Dylan's said in a phone interview Saturday that Dylan was originally going to Bayfield to visit his friends Sunday night but then changed that to meet them early Monday morning.

OKAY----Here is the discrepancy. Mom said his plans with his friends were for Monday morning. The friend said they had plans for Sunday night, but Dylan changed the plans.

WHEN did he change the plans? And how did he do so?

I think we need to give great leeway in scrutinizing the details of these boy's understanding of Dylan's plans. They are 13 years old. Kids that age feel like they are so grown up and independent and they make great plans which then get shot down or altered by the parents.

Dylan may well have talked with his buds about coming over Sunday night, but flight times may have changed or Mom may have reminded him that it would be rude not to spend the evening with Dad. Dylan might not have been willing to admit to his friends that Mom only agreed to letting him go the next morning.

It is embarrassing to have to tell friends that Mommy and Daddy said no. Dylan may have been hoping to get Dad to take him over there Sunday night anyway. My teenagers have both tried stuff like that when they don't like my answer and they think that Dad doesn't know that I already said no. Apparently, Dylan's mom and dad both knew the plan was for Monday so Dylan had to "change" the plan with his friends.

MOO

I am just a little curious as to what Dylan's mom and dad do for a living. I'm not trying to say it has any bearing on what happened to him. I was just wondering and don't recall it being said. tia

I cannot remember where I read it, but it was in MSM. They had tried to contact the "pipeline" company where he worked in 2010 when he had a kitchen fire at his house to see if he was still employed there, the company refused to answer their question.... I know I saw this but wish I could remember where...

Found it...

http://www.durangoherald.com/apps/p...2/Search-changes-focus--&template=printpicart

Question about pings... can a cell phone ping if the battery is dead or removed from the phone? I'm guessing no, but thought I'd ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kennedy1227