CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Working on a new thread, will be closing this one shortly.

Ima

No agency ever puts dozens of investigators on one case, it's just not done.

They only assign two lead detectives to a murder case, and these are the ones going around interviewing people, chasing tips and leads, writing reports, etc. Nobody ever really thinks about the work that goes into these investigations, it is just not as simple as it looks on t.v. They work on adrenaline with 4 hours or less of sleep, sometimes for days or weeks. And still people complain about the lousy jobs they do when a case isn't solved in a few days. :banghead:

I don't expect a quick resolution, but going on six weeks, one might in fairness expect a word or two from LE if they indeed believe a still-missing child has been abducted.

That's a good question. My answer is, you don't have to BE anything beyond being the ex of an angry, bitter woman who obviously hates your guts.

I'm not saying this is who or what she is, because I don't know her. I'm just saying that there are women in this world who have come out of a bad marriage, so bitter and angry that they believe the ex is capable of anything, including murder. Put that together with a child missing, and it's not unusual that she could think that. But it doesn't make it true.

There may be women in this world who are all of those things, but we have had no indication ER is. So why is her name mixed in with all of these bad things?

Questioning if LE is competent is a valid question. Little small towns don't have the resources that bigger towns do and also they don't have the experience in really serious crimes. HOWEVER once the FBI entered the scene, any incompetence potential went out the window IMHO. I think that is why FBI goes to help smaller jurisdictions. They bring in their knowledge, tools, testing supplies, resources to help the small LE department get everything they need. So without FBI involvement I would wonder about the investigation being botched but I don't think it's an issue anymore,,if it ever was an issue. And honestly it's not the fault of a small town pd that they have no experience in homicide or kidnapping investigations. Its' actually a good thing. It means they run a tight ship and keep their community safe ! my two cents

I agree. BUT... my guess is that he couldn't return those texts and calls because LE was questioning him at the time they were made. Only a guess, mind you, but the first step in the investigation is usually to talk to the parent who last saw the child. These 'talks' usually lasts for hours, and they don't allow them to have phone contact with anyone during these interrogations. They might assign an officer to monitor the phones, in case the child should call.

But after she made the statement that she wouldn't put it past him to "get rid of him", my guess would be that he didn't want to be yelled at and accused of killing his son. Who wants to answer the phone and be yelled at? Maybe this is always how she talked to him, who knows? And that again, is not slamming her, she wouldn't be the first ex-wife who yelled at their kids' father every chance she gets. Some of them for good reason!

She didn't accuse him right away. It was either six or seven days after their child disappeared, with MR refusing to talk to her or Cory or the press.

I agree. BUT... my guess is that he couldn't return those texts and calls because LE was questioning him at the time they were made. Only a guess, mind you, but the first step in the investigation is usually to talk to the parent who last saw the child. These 'talks' usually lasts for hours, and they don't allow them to have phone contact with anyone during these interrogations. They might assign an officer to monitor the phones, in case the child should call.

But after she made the statement that she wouldn't put it past him to "get rid of him", my guess would be that he didn't want to be yelled at and accused of killing his son. Who wants to answer the phone and be yelled at? Maybe this is always how she talked to him, who knows? And that again, is not slamming her, she wouldn't be the first ex-wife who yelled at their kids' father every chance she gets. Some of them for good reason!

IMO, I sincerely doubt that LE would have been interviewing MR for hours and hours or days and days, so there would have been plenty of time for him to make a phone call.
It is also my opinion that MR being "yelled at" should not have diminished his ability to make a phone call during that time. I would also think that knowing your son was missing should take priority over your ego, and that MR having hurt feelings should have been a secondary concern. But then again, that's just me and I would expect the father of my children to man up a bit in a situation like this.

Questioning if LE is competent is a valid question. Little small towns don't have the resources that bigger towns do and also they don't have the experience in really serious crimes. HOWEVER once the FBI entered the scene, any incompetence potential went out the window IMHO. I think that is why FBI goes to help smaller jurisdictions. They bring in their knowledge, tools, testing supplies, resources to help the small LE department get everything they need. So without FBI involvement I would wonder about the investigation being botched but I don't think it's an issue anymore,,if it ever was an issue. And honestly it's not the fault of a small town pd that they have no experience in homicide or kidnapping investigations. Its' actually a good thing. It means they run a tight ship and keep their community safe ! my two cents

Like I said question why LE does or doesn't do something is fine. Saying they are incompetent is Not Ok. We really have No Idea what they have or haven't done since they are not really talking about all of it so its not ok to assume they haven't done something.

Ok, so the first evening he couldn't answer calls because he was being interviewed, her comment was after one week. What is the reasoning for not returning her calls or his s sons calls after day one or even day two? Getting yelled at by an ex is no excuse, your child! Be the adult, be the parent, take the high road, imo getting yelled at is not a reason, it's an excuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx