verdict watch 5/7/2013 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I have served as a juror I have come to the conclusion that a simple IQ test and simple question test should be given potential jurors during the selection process. I think they should have to be qualified to serve on a jury, period. I've seen jurors who I thought had smoked entirely too much MJ over the years and I've seen some who had absolutely no clue why they were on a jury. Some of them just had this blank look on their faces and couldn't recall even the most obviously simple evidence shown during the examinations. Some want to try the case in the juror room only they make up the evidence in their own minds. Some of them don't understand any of the instructions at all. Some of them can't even read the instructions. Think about it, these jurors are deciding actual life and death cases. Scarey.
ETA: This is true, y'all. One juror after looking at actual crime scene photos of two toddlers, one with her throat cut all the way to the spine and one with their intestines spilled out on her bed after being gutted, made the comment "This isn't anything, I"ve seen worse on videos!". I'm not embellishing any, really.

I can't disagree with you. My experience was relatively minor as a juror on a felony assault case. In my case, there was a dentist who said he just wanted to get back to work and he didn't care about which way to vote. This is obviously not true of this jury, but the fact is there can be selfish, egotistical, dull, and sentimental characters on any jury. You can't rule them out.

Deanna Reid on Dr. Drew brings tears to my eyes - she is such an honest, sweet soul.

I hope she knows how much we all admire her strength and love for Travis . . . what a very special lady.

Maybe Tricia could have Deanna on her show like she did Chris Hughes. She'd get to talk!

Am I the only one who gets so riled up when Dr. Drew is on? He gets the most amazing guests but most of the time he is the one talking about how the guest feels. Then bring on the 50 TH who also repeat what the guest must be feeling, then commercials, then repeat. Please just let Deanna talk for more then 5 minutes with out interruptions! Let her tell us stories about Travis, please!

Am I the only one who gets so riled up when Dr. Drew is on? He gets the most amazing guests but most of the time he is the one talking about how the guest feels. Then bring on the 50 TH who also repeat what the guest must be feeling, then commercials, then repeat. Please just let Deanna talk for more then 5 minutes with out interruptions! Let her tell us stories about Travis, please!

thank you.

bbm

The thing is, IMO, you would never ever be in a position to hear someone's pillow talk, their most private and intimate statements. If everyone was in real life what they are in sexual fantasies the world would be out of control.

Chances are the sexual lives/fantasies of people close to you would shock you. The people you would let around your kids if you chose to react to them like you did to Travis might be few and far between.

People keep those parts secret for a reason. It's part of the social contract. It's not Travis' fault that some very common thoughts were uttered in what he thought was the heat of the moment, so I will abide by the social contract.

Very few people could stand up to the kind of defenseless scrutiny that Travis has had to. If any at all.

I would go so far as to change the use of the "secret" to private. Our most private sexual interests, desires, fantasies is something we share only with that person we are most intimate with at the time.

I find it amazing that with the scrutiny TA has undergone, including the reading of over 80,000 txt messages and emails and all they can find on this subject is one 10 word sentence from an illegally recorded phone call of supposed phone sex. When put into this kind of perspective, and adding to the fact she WAS speaking in a young girly baby kind of voice, I wouldn't even let what he said phase me, or even think twice about it.

5-7-2013 day three of verdict watch

Doctor Drew: We have with us Travis Alexander's first true love, maybe his only true love. Jodi's defense attorney was awful to her. Deanna thank you for joining us tonite. :blushing: I am so sorry you have to go through this. I have read that Travis trusted you, that you were really a part of him, that you really knew this man. How do you feel now?

Deanna Reid: Thank you for having me. I am doing good. I feel good about standing up for Travis telling the truth about him, I knew it was important , and I am glad I had a chance to do it.

DD: Travis used to say whoever he married would have to get used to you being around. You were going to be in his life, forever. WHere did Jodi come from in this story

DR: She just threw herself at him, big time.

DD: Tell us about the time Travis asked you to go check on his dog, when he was out of town, you got there and to your surprise there was Jodi, making herself at him, making cookies.

DR: Yes, Travis called me, and told me that he wanted me to go over, so of course I agreed to go check on Napoleon. I loved that dog. I walked in, I see Jodi, she is sitting on the couch with Travis' laptop. She offered me a cookie. I kind of knew about the slashing tires, and some stalking behaviors. And there she was in his house, she had broken into his house...

Jenny: Do you think the sex talk has taken away from the fact that Travis was brutally murdered.

Mark: Deanna, I admired you so much while you were testifying. How did you not react?

DR: I knew I had to be that way. I knew Nurmi wanted to humiliate me. Jodi wanted to humiliate me, I would not give her what she wants, so I just stood up for myself and I told the truth. I feel good about it.

Kristie: Travis left the dog to you in his will.

DR: Jodi tried to tell folks that Travis wanted her to have Napoleon. That was a lie, of course.He also left me his library, all of his books. When he did the will he told me he was giving Napoleon and the books to me, and everything else material to Grandma. He said he trust me, and he was giving everything important to him, to me.

DD: Deanna, we were all inspired by you, it is clear Travis loved you, so much and we can all see why. Jodi took this man away. How do you not want to ring her neck?

DR: I do. I cannot understand why she did this. Why could she not just move on. It hurts me. It is so confusing not only that she killed him, but the way she did. I'll never get an answer to why. WHY

Jenny: Travis loved you. Do you think there may have been a future between you and Travis?

DR: Romantically, no, we were friends, he was always going to be my friend.
Travis did have issues from how he grew up, not being abusive. The issue was to commit and to allow someone to love him, to know he deserved to be loved. But we were always going to be in one another's life.

Kristie: What do you think Travis would want to happen to her now?

DR: He wanted to help Jodi. He wanted to try to help her be a better person. I am not sure what he would want to happen to her now. I DO KNOW if she had killed one of his friends, he would have wanted her to get the death penalty. I do know that. Eventually Travis would have been able to get to a good point where he could find true love, and allow himself to be loved, and marry and have a family that he always wanted. Jodi took that away from him.

:please:tell. I'm at work and can't wait until later to watch again.

What did she say? (in a nutshell)

Unbelievable story Deanna just told on Dr. Drew.

My jaw is still on the floor.

I am watching a bio show on TED BUNDY. I bet JA parents could tell us alot more about her. She seems so much like TED and his thought patterns, the stalking, stealing and killing. She will do it again. etc.

I am so glad Jaycee is talking to about what happened to her. Hope the 3 Survivors get good help like Jaycee. The book about her is a helpful book.

Dear God the Killer is such a piece of ... work. Hearing Deanna talk about JA is awful. I absolutely hate her. There is so much we know that the jury doesn't. I'm putting all my faith in them to have realized, over the long 4 months, that she truly is a psychopath and deserving of nothing less then Murder 1. The sentencing can wait, but the verdict can't.

During the Casey Anthony trial I was in the middle of a huge project at work and couldn't follow closely. I remember people loving the prosecution but I don't recall what the general feelings were on the jury. I'm a little nervous today and can't help comparing it to that crazy jury. For the people who followed the CA trial, can you remember what the general consensus was on the probable outcome during the deliberations? Were posters skeptical that the wrong verdict would be found?

We, like most of America, were sure of a guilty verdict. Some people started posting about friends or spouses who predicted she would get off, and we scoffed. :(

Maybe Tricia could have Deanna on her show like she did Chris Hughes. She'd get to talk!

Yes!!!! And Chris can vouch for how nice we all are :innocent:

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

I'm going to kinda repeat what I said in my other thread. It was reported on HLN all day that Jodi is in the basement with no writing utensils and such.

Then the man responsible for her from the Sheriff's department came on and said she has nothing to do there. She is just sitting and waiting. No drawing pictures. I just took a lovely shower, painted my nails and am about to make a yummy dinner for my family. Thank you Jodi for making me appreciate the little details that much more.

Well... I must say that while the wait has been agonizing and my thoughts are always toward the family it does make it sting a tiny bit less knowing Jodi has to sit there and do nothing all day long but eat her peanut butter sandwich. I wonder if it's difficult to do headstands in the jail garb.

And not to be disparaging at all, I am genuinely concerned for JC on HLN. She has been saying some outrageous stuff about the jury. The last time she did so (becuase it's been multiple times) she looked extremely angry. Did any of you catch that? She even said something to the effect of it being her opinion. Especially about a Juror who looks like Jodi's mom, is walking a really rough way and is totally different from the way she was in court.

I was shocked to see a reporter act so angry about what I feel is a very delicate situation...describing the Jury. You don't want to over report that. Did she get into trouble? Honestly, I feel she has gone too far and I would much rather have Beth give us this information.

Maybe JC is having a meltdown after losing her job at Turner? She sure seems to be running a bit off the rails lately. I have never seen her argue with Nancy Grace before.....ever.

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone remember Dominick Dunn and how wonderful he was during the OJ Simpson trial (not to mention his great books)?

Also, I couldn't check the posts very often today at work but I did see the one from the mods about showing at least 50 pages of posts per page so as to eliminate "refreshing" all the time. I wrote it down but unfortunately left it at work. Would someone be kind enough to let me know how to do this.

Greatly appreciated.

Go to the top of the screen (be sure you're logged in) and click on User CP, then go to Edit Options on the left hand side. CLick on that, and look for the posts per page. It's about halfway down.

PLEASE PLEASE pray for my Mother. My sister just called and said she had to do CPR because she had another heart attack, we've heard nothing since the paramedics took her. I am 4 states away and there are no more flights tonight - I'm on the first one at 5am in the morning. I feel completely useless and helpless.

I just need a quick prayer. Thank you.

Prayers and the softest hug for mom and you. You will stay in my thoughts. I wish you a safe trip.

Unbelievable story Deanna just told on Dr. Drew.

My jaw is still on the floor.

So Glad Deanna has Napoleon.

l.jpg

Sicko JA wanted it..............she is such a Nut!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crackerjack82