SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! I wish I could get my doctor to try other things. I've tried all the standard anti depressants and they just keep me barely functional. I miss having energy, having dreams and hopes for the future and not just barely shuffling through every day. You're lucky to find a good doc!

Extra magnesium helps....especially if you're on ssri 's...
:sigh:
but yes...somedays its exactly like playing tennis with the flu *and* sand in your panties...(all while wearing a bra 3 sizes too small with twisted straps)

I'm sorry but that dude is just beyond disturbing.

IMO what's more disturbing, the others let him get away with it!

He had a whole flock of sheep.. Not one knew how to get him tossed!

Sad sad sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope
Hugs you aren't alone! I feel the same! It is not a good feeling! I'm going to make a drs appt tomorrow. Re the depression! I have been feeling drained and no energy apetite! Not having the desire to go anywhere! Unless I have to! You aren't alone. This verdict. DIDNT help. Depression hurts

I lost my husband on Christmas 6 years ago. He was my best friend and we had been married 30 years. My doctor tried to give me some pills, but I turned her down. I don't take most prescription medicines. (My reason why is a long story for another time.)

Anyway, when I get to where I think I am really depressed, I go online to "I Can Has Cheezeburger" or "Damn You Auto-Correct" and I can always laugh my way out of it. I guess laughter really is the best medicine, FOR ME. :seeya:

Now from what The Foreman has said, here are the points that are contentious.

1. The Foreman stated that he did not take into account Travis's family's impact statements, that they didn't mean anything to him, but Jodi's allocution did.

2. When he first saw the defendant, he could not see her as a murderer, even though she had already admitted she killed Travis. Then he never shared this bias with the judge so he could be removed.

3. He said that they agreed to not change their votes and to not deliberate about the case. So what were they doing in the jury room all that time? Gossiping? What? Judge told them to WORK on it, yet it appears he had no intention of getting the jury to work on it.

4. The Foreman seems seriously of low-key intellect, as he now makes statements that show he did not understand the jury instructions at all. He thought that if he gave the judge a hung jury, that Jodi would automatically be given LIFE. He had no idea there would be a mistrial and a potential sentencing retrial. Everyone else seems to know about this, though.

5. After the trial, he states that he wants to "reach out to Jodi." Now there really is no fool like an old fool

On the #3 and #4 points in this blog:

How can the jurors NOT deliberate and they all agreed to this??? Makes my mind spin out of control :scared:.
What were they all thinking??
Is this what the foreman said? I haven't seen all the interview- just what HLN has shown.
And didn't the judge say she and the lawyers would answer any questions they had about how to deliberate and what the verdict- death or life would mean??? REALLY. :banghead:
Makes my head spin :scared: :scared: :stormingmad:

:goodpost:

I had not heard that he didn't take the impact statements into account. Everything in your post concerning him elicits the thought, "Wait, what???"

2. He doesn't even understand the concept of bias, and that renders him unfit for duty. He lives in lala land, just like CKJA!

3. Who agreed not to change their votes? Who agreed not to deliberate? When I was a juror, the one time, that's all we did, until we came to a decision? Were we all under a misconception that that is why they call it frickin' "DELIBERATION"?

I keep telling DH about these facts about Mr. F, and he is just flabbergasted. It is truly unbelieveable. I wonder if the judge has heard about it, and would take action. I'd hate to risk losing Murder 1 and Extreme Cruelty, and would be willing to let this slide to keep them. I've heard the Jodi Ann may turn into even more of a "celebrity" if she makes it to death row, too, so there's that.

:banghead:

I just came on so I hope I am not butting into the convo on depression. Where I live we have winter a minimum of 7 months a year. It can really get to you and what I found out (accidentally actually) is doing a body cleanse helps immensely. When you think of all the toxins that build up in your body ..it makes sense that it plays on your entire being both emotionally and physically. I was totally blown away at the difference in the way I felt after doing a cleanse and now I do one every six months.. Just throwing it out there in case someone wants to try it.

You aren't butting in? But is a body cleanse butting in?

Lol kidding!

On Anderson Cooper now...

Juror #16 MaryLou Allen-Coogan

She's great....

She wanted DP...

Says The state proved its case

She said they were frustrated that they couldn't agree and sad for Travis's family

She didn't believe anything JA said and saw no remorse

Says it was very helpful to get to ask questions

Her first jury, she would do it again

Another long timer here. It was only a couple of years ago I was also diagnosed with ADHD which was the underlying cause of my depression. Also all the meds I'd been on were making my ADHD worse. I knew my ADHD would get worse at the time but didn't know why, and of course that made my depression worse at the time too, though I also felt better.

ETA and CBT also was fab for me. I didn't need to revisit my younger years looking for that 'cause' of depression. I needed help dealing with the here and now. CBT is very practical. I liked it a lot. I don't know if you can access this site in the US - free registration but it's brilliant http://www.llttf.com/

ADHD is also one of the symptoms of gluten intolerance/sensitivity and/or celiac disease.

I also should have mentioned that gluten is used as a binder, therefore it can be found in a lot of medications. I realized that when I was on a gluten free diet and still getting sick, once I went off my migraine & ADHD meds I immediately started noticing a difference. It was like I was slowly poisoning myself every day.

What did I miss? I only caught the last minute or so.

The entire interview was only a few minutes so you probably didn't miss much. She spoke about her feelings, speaking only for herself, however did say it was frustrating that they couldn't reach a unanimous verdict during sentencing, and sad for Travis' family. . She also stated she found JA unbelievable, did not feel JA was truthful with her testimony, and did not show any remorse.

I lost my husband on Christmas 6 years ago. He was my best friend and we had been married 30 years. My doctor tried to give me some pills, but I turned her down. I don't take most prescription medicines. (My reason why is a long story for another time.)

Anyway, when I get to where I think I am really depressed, I go online to "I Can Has Cheezeburger" or "Damn You Auto-Correct" and I can always laugh my way out of it. I guess laughter really is the best medicine, FOR ME. :seeya:

Luckily for you it's that "easy". :)

I'm so sorry about your husband. I can't even imagine. :hug:

I'm so sorry you lost your husband!

I love sites like that, I .need to check out the auto correct site.

"Cute Overload" is a great site to visit too!

I do not have a wheat allergy or celiac disease but I have noticed I feel better if eat a mostly paleo diet...or a mostly clean diet (since I drink almond or rice milk and I don't get coconut milk often...and I love cheese even though I am allergic to dairy lol). I use quinoa as my main protein plus chicken..seems to help a lot. Now if I could only get my butt to do my Biggest Loser DVDs....

:seeya: I eat paleo as well, grass fed meats, organic veggies, fruits and nuts.

I sometimes have a challenging time keeping up with the different topics in this thread and thought for a moment we were still discussing DB privates when I read the post here.

I have seen many of those in thrift stores growing up lol

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

It really gave me a giggle.

Oh no..... PLEASE don't let me get sucked into the Trayvon Martin case! Noooooo!!

Quick question....Have any members of the jury that have spoken out so far said anything about the foreman's comments?

I'm sorry but that dude is just beyond disturbing.

Very disturbing more so that he was made foreman!
I'm shocked now that they even were able to give her murder 1 on cruelty.
He sounds like he has a serious crush on her and he also sounds like he has some issues of his own going on in his hippocampus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member