Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Serial Killers > Israel Keyes

Notices

Israel Keyes Confessed serial killer, rapist, arsonist, burglar, and bank robber. He committed suicide in his jail cell in Alaska on December 2, 2012. Who are his victims?

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbaynancydrew View Post
Okay, knowing some of the information we know now, maybe it would be good to go back and look at the interview with actual APD and pick it apart.

http://community.adn.com/?q=adn/node/159690

Reporter asks: "a man walks up..can you talk a bit more about their interaction..."

"The problem that we have is that during the interaction and him coming inside, you can't see his face clearly...and..we've all understood that or else we'd certainly be releasing that. But you can see, obviously, her reactions. And so, the rest of it pretty much is evidence, so we don't really want to discuss all of the things that go there, cuz some of that, the players themselves would only be privy to."

My comment: Player(s)? Themselve(s)? Is Samantha a player? Or was there more than one perp?

How IS she reacting to this guy.

"It's obvious she was taken away against her will."

"What indication is there that this was someone she knew..."

"You know what, I don't think that anything we've released has been characterized as that..."

Pretty much everything else was annoying deflection of every question he asked, but please listen to it and see if there are anymore tidbits you can pick up. My attention span for CB's situation was short, I was more interested in how the police themselves describe the abduction video.

He ends with letting the police do their work, this "ain't a tv show" blah blah blah. But his closing line is "we need to let the police do their work and make the determination as to what happened and who caused it to happen." Is that a weird way to speak about an abduction??? Or am I just reading too much into that?
Yeah, I mean you guys know more about these cases if you have been sleuthing alot. I dont understand why they wont release the video nor at least a still shot.
I also think that them saying it will taint a jury is a bunch of bs.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to isamom For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2012, 03:54 PM

Helping my son do homework so sorry for the quick post...

Remember Nancy Grace's comment about skin color? I thought she said arm or wrist, or was it just me thinking that bc I believe the perp reached to move the angle of the surveillance camera & that's when skin color was seen. * Note This Hasn't Been Released By APD * Well now I'm wondering, after seeing the tatt on TS, what about if a "kill" identifier was shown on the perp & the cops could make that out from the enhanced footage? If so, that would certainly explain why there's no release of the tape or even a still shot. It may also explain why this dude TS crawled outta the woodwork to "help", bc if somebody has anything on a "gang" or "perp" with a teardrop tatt on their face they're certainly not gonna call in a tip - not even anonymously - bc they'd be sought out & killed, as well as their family. So maybe TS coming forward like he did was actually a warning of sorts...

I'm only brainstorming, ok? This guy honestly could have done it outta the goodness of his heart. Afterall, his dancers are 18 & up. Sam is 18. Maybe he identifies or something. Ummm... Yeah okay...

Last edited by Jersey*Girl; 03-05-2012 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Typo of course
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2012, 03:57 PM

NancyDrew - that's some goooood shizznitt!

Gotta run bbl.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbaynancydrew View Post
Okay, knowing some of the information we know now, maybe it would be good to go back and look at the interview with actual APD and pick it apart.

http://community.adn.com/?q=adn/node/159690

Reporter asks: "a man walks up..can you talk a bit more about their interaction..."

"The problem that we have is that during the interaction and him coming inside, you can't see his face clearly...and..we've all understood that or else we'd certainly be releasing that. But you can see, obviously, her reactions. And so, the rest of it pretty much is evidence, so we don't really want to discuss all of the things that go there, cuz some of that, the players themselves would only be privy to."

My comment: Player(s)? Themselve(s)? Is Samantha a player? Or was there more than one perp?

How IS she reacting to this guy.

"It's obvious she was taken away against her will."

"What indication is there that this was someone she knew..."

"You know what, I don't think that anything we've released has been characterized as that..."

Pretty much everything else was annoying deflection of every question he asked, but please listen to it and see if there are anymore tidbits you can pick up. My attention span for CB's situation was short, I was more interested in how the police themselves describe the abduction video.

He ends with letting the police do their work, this "ain't a tv show" blah blah blah. But his closing line is "we need to let the police do their work and make the determination as to what happened and who caused it to happen." Is that a weird way to speak about an abduction??? Or am I just reading too much into that?
What still bothers me is that they say you couldn't see the abductor's face clearly, but you could see her reactions. We saw in the pics that were posted, but I think since taken away, of inside that Common Grounds that the surveillance camera inside is on the opposite side of the tiny little room from the door. When he walked in, he would have been facing it, and I would think she turned to face him when he walked in....therefore her back would have been to the camera, right? It just really confuses me. We've also seen things that say he obscured the camera, although LE does not say that in this interview....I believe that was the owner of Common Ground that said that.

This is agood idea, Nancy Drew. Knowing what we know now, it might not hurt to read some of the interviews and articles from the beginning too and see if something stands out. I'm headed back to Thread #1.........

Last edited by bdawk20; 03-05-2012 at 04:39 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bdawk20 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2012, 04:33 PM

Reading the old thread reminds me.....
Did we ever figure out why her bf "was her only ride" that night? Her dad said she took the job for gas money. Was her bf driving her truck, and was that usual or maybe highly unusual that she wasn't driving herself?
Old 03-05-2012, 04:40 PM

hi bdawk-
I thought someone posted that there was a pic of a wrecked pickup on her fb?
Old 03-05-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHB View Post
hi bdawk-
I thought someone posted that there was a pic of a wrecked pickup on her fb?
Hi -
Yes, that's right. I don't think we were ever able to establish if that was her "new" truck that her dad said she wanted to work for gas $ for, or if maybe that was an old truck....her court records showed leaving the scene of an accident a couple years ago , and it was supposed that the pics may have been of that truck....

Just like everything else, too many possibilities. aarrgghh
The Following User Says Thank You to bdawk20 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2012, 05:01 PM
ܡܫܠܡ

Quote:
Meanwhile, at House of Harley in Spenard on Tuesday, employees Heather Cartwright and Aimee Matteson reminisced about Koenig, their former co-worker.

Koenig worked at House of Harley as a cashier for about six months last summer and fall.

Co-workers remember working with a tomboy who loved the Pittsburgh Steelers and her pit bull and formed tight relationships with her customers and co-workers.

She seemed to have many friends, they said, but tended to stick close to home, just around the corner, where she lived with her father and sometimes her boyfriend.

"I think her dad was real protective of her," Cartwright said. "I think her friends usually ended up at her house."

Cartwright said that Koenig had struggled with "regular teenage" problems in the past but seemed steady.

"She made a couple wrong choices," she said. "When she was here she'd gotten past that."

She wouldn't elaborate.

They described a young woman who could be both happily the center of attention and at times unsure of herself.

"A beautiful girl that didn't really know she was beautiful," Cartwright said. "I think she had a lot of insecurities."

Cartwright said she immediately felt Koenig had been taken against her will. For one, she said, she would never leave her beloved dog. And the Koenig she knew couldn't stand to see her father in pain, she said.

"She wouldn't let her dad anguish like this on purpose," she said.
Going back and looking for things people said back in the beginning.

Do we know why she left HOH? Was it just a temporary job?
Old 03-05-2012, 05:02 PM

oh man. Read the comments

http://www.adn.com/2012/02/29/234475...#storylink=cpy
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to joslmaman For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2012, 05:03 PM

If you all were in JK situation what would you do at this time? It doesn't look like money is the motive or is getting anyone to speak up. What are your thoughts on this? If you wouldn't mind me asking. What direction would you head if it seems the case is going no where.... or no one is speaking up. What is there to do?
The Following User Says Thank You to isamom For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2012, 05:04 PM
ܡܫܠܡ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawk20 View Post
Hi -
Yes, that's right. I don't think we were ever able to establish if that was her "new" truck that her dad said she wanted to work for gas $ for, or if maybe that was an old truck....her court records showed leaving the scene of an accident a couple years ago , and it was supposed that the pics may have been of that truck....

Just like everything else, too many possibilities. aarrgghh
That was me, but to save my own life, I can't find that picture again or remember where I saw it. Anyone else?
Old 03-05-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
Do you know if she had a license or a truck that worked at the time? Why did she have to be picked up by her boyfriend? Was that her usual ride home?
Her dad in one of his interviews said he didn't want her working at Common Grounds, but "she was young and wanted the tips for gas money". Somewhere along the line someone picked up info on her having gotten a "new" truck, but I can't for the life of me remember where they found that info. I am wondering the same. If she usually drove herself, why didn't she THAT night. Or maybe she didn't usually drive herself?

Isamom - do you maybe know if she had her own truck that she could drive, by any chance?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bdawk20 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2012, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
That was me, but to save my own life, I can't find that picture again or remember where I saw it. Anyone else?
I keep having the same problems myself! For a case that's only gone on for a month, it feels like a year, doesn't it??
Old 03-05-2012, 05:07 PM

The comments on ADN are interesting. I have wondering about the BF myself.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to isamom For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2012, 05:09 PM
Verified Juanette

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslmaman View Post
from the article:

Video surveillance shows a man holding a weapon walk up to the coffee hut just before 8 p.m. Police refused to describe the weapon or release any images from the video. The abductor obscured the camera's view somehow, caused Koenig to appear frightened, and forced her to leave with him on foot. They walked to the west, police said.

So if you are locked inside the hut, and a customer walks up with a gun , would you LEAVE the locked hut and go with him? I don't think I would. I think I would jump onto the floor and huddle under a table and take my chances. ????
Old 03-05-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isamom View Post
If you all were in JK situation what would you do at this time? It doesn't look like money is the motive or is getting anyone to speak up. What are your thoughts on this? If you wouldn't mind me asking. What direction would you head if it seems the case is going no where.... or no one is speaking up. What is there to do?
At this point, I think I would hire a PI. A good one. He needs to not be afraid of what he might find out about her - teenagers are teenagers, they aren't perfect and they hide things. I think some things maybe people don't know about her right now could help find her.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bdawk20 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2012, 05:11 PM

Sadly it seems there was a fair amount of bad company.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joslmaman For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2012, 05:12 PM

I agree with the PI.

I however have a feeling there's not too much her dad doesn't know. That's my personal opinion.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joslmaman For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
from the article:

Video surveillance shows a man holding a weapon walk up to the coffee hut just before 8 p.m. Police refused to describe the weapon or release any images from the video. The abductor obscured the camera's view somehow, caused Koenig to appear frightened, and forced her to leave with him on foot. They walked to the west, police said.

So if you are locked inside the hut, and a customer walks up with a gun , would you LEAVE the locked hut and go with him? I don't think I would. I think I would jump onto the floor and huddle under a table and take my chances. ????
Problem is, the hut is the size of a shoebox, from pics. I do think that once he got me outside I would have taken a shot at screaming and creating a commotion. I think I would have played the odds that he would not shoot me out in the open. Easy for me to say, though, becasue I'm not sitting here paralyzed with fear.....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bdawk20 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2012, 05:22 PM

Didn't she have her phone on her in the hut? Why not dial 911 from the floor or something? I think she must have known him and not expected to be forced to go with him or was even expecting him, but not to become a victim...
Old 03-05-2012, 05:24 PM
ܡܫܠܡ

Quote:
Originally Posted by isamom View Post
So this is his last name
DT? I have been wondering myself. As I do not know him. Interesting.
Edit to initals ... DT

Last edited by Knox; 03-05-2012 at 05:59 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2012, 05:27 PM
ܡܫܠܡ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawk20 View Post
At this point, I think I would hire a PI. A good one. He needs to not be afraid of what he might find out about her - teenagers are teenagers, they aren't perfect and they hide things. I think some things maybe people don't know about her right now could help find her.
Plus a PI is not shall we say, "legally restrained" in the same way LE has to operate.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:39 PM

I wouldn't want my name out there either!

And, I think I may be starting to understand why this could take LE a while. It's not like there were just one or two sketchy people around. Geez.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joslmaman For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2012, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Do you know if she had a license or a truck that worked at the time? Why did she have to be picked up by her boyfriend? Was that her usual ride home?
Good questions...why would she need a ride home?

-Driver's License cancelled for some reason?
-Truck not in working order?
-BF using her truck?
-Someone else using her truck?
The Following User Says Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
Plus a PI is not shall we say, "legally restrained" in the same way LE has to operate.
Exactly, and some people do NOT like cops and don't want to talk to them. I think a PI would have better luck with some of the types it seems may have been swirling around her.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bdawk20 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread