11-16-12 Nancy Grace mysteries, What happened to Hailey Dunn

Status
Not open for further replies.
cadaver dogs got two separate hits in two landfills (abeline (sp) and local)

but police do not believe Hailey is at either landfill

NG thought this was odd.....

so does this mean that there was something at each of these landfills that had Hailey's "dead" scent on it? I did NOT like typing this....

I am local to Abilene and familiar with the dump search there. I am told by someone who was at that search that the decomp scent was not specific to Hailey and there were other sources found for the smell...anything with blood on it such as used bandages or feminine hygiene products could have alerted the dogs which were used.

I have no link for that so you'll have to take it as MOO, not established fact.

Christmas vacation, somebody took her from this life.
NG thinks Hailey was murdered.
Never left that home.
SEARCH continues.
NG does NOT think this latest news about seeing Hailey is true at all.

all she wanted to do was cheer and grow up

but someone took that away from her

NG does not believe in the sightings

NG believes she was murdered because Hailey left her favorite things at home

((((Hailey))))

I at least thank Nancy for saying that out loud. That she does'nt think Hailey ever left the home.

LE did take sheets.

Yes, they did take sheets from Hailey"s bed, but not until the Texas Rangers were called in. The sheets were taken a week after Hailey disappeared, so they could have been washed or could be completely different sheets from what was on Hailey's bed prior to her going missing.

Not contradicting you, Toby, just adding info!

I am local to Abilene and familiar with the dump search there. I am told by someone who was at that search that the decomp scent was not specific to Hailey and there were other sources found for the smell...anything with blood on it such as used bandages or feminine hygiene products could have alerted the dogs which were used.

I have no link for that so you'll have to take it as MOO, not established fact.

But those items would not be from a body that has died. Decomp starts upon death. thats not the technical way to say it... A cadaver dog does not pick up used bandages and such. imo the dogs would go bezerk if they picked up all that stuff at a landfilland. i don't have a link but that very subject has been talked about on other threads.iirc.imo

Christmas vacation, somebody took her from this life.
NG thinks Hailey was murdered.
Never left that home.
SEARCH continues.
NG does NOT think this latest news about seeing Hailey is true at all.

I watched the show and I don't think NG ever said she thinks HD was murdered as you imply in the home. And besides why does anyone believe NG at this point when eveyrone makes fun of her and disallows anything she says. tia

Yes, they did take sheets from Hailey"s bed, but not until the Texas Rangers were called in. The sheets were taken a week after Hailey disappeared, so they could have been washed or could be completely different sheets from what was on Hailey's bed prior to her going missing.

Not contradicting you, Toby, just adding info!

So you are saying the original investigation screwed up They waited to take evidense from the house?

I at least thank Nancy for saying that out loud. That she does'nt think Hailey ever left the home.

What was her quote exactly. I don't think she said that. Maybe implied it,but she did not say that. She was basing that on a jacket and an mp3 player. I live in Texas and I don't remember the last Christmas we needed a jacket during the day, maybe at night but not in the day. So, to me in reality you can't base anything on leaving a jacket at home. jmo

So you are saying the original investigation screwed up They waited to take evidense from the house?

I'm saying that there was no evidence collected and no thorough search of the home or the vehicle they used until a week after she went missing. Those searches were undertaken by the Texas Rangers, not CCPD; who initially labeled Hailey a runaway and IMO, did not make any immediate effort to find her or investigate.

That's a big MOO.

for those that watched- tell me if I missed something- when Nancy was questioning Billie about sleepovers, who Hailey would tell, were parents aware, etc....and Billie was fumbling, oops, discussing that, did Billie segue right into talking about the polys without any prompt from Nancy??
Did I blink?

I can't remember seeing that footage first time around, I couldn't recall this....

I still think SA/BD killed her! JMOO

I totally agree with you ... I think they BOTH are responsible and know exactly where she is :moo:

It's high time that "something" happen in this case ... it's been way too long !

Got NG's show on right now, I guess it's the re-play, and reading here for the updates ...

:please: that Hailey will be found and Justice !

:please:

But those items would not be from a body that has died. Decomp starts upon death. thats not the technical way to say it... A cadaver dog does not pick up used bandages and such. imo the dogs would go bezerk if they picked up all that stuff at a landfilland. i don't have a link but that very subject has been talked about on other threads.iirc.imo

I think it depends on how the dogs are trained. From reading thousands of these cases, there have been instances where dogs did hit on used bandages, sanitary napkins, etc. I read somewhere awhile back that there are not that many dogs trained to only hit on human decomposition and many of them are cross-trained.

What was her quote exactly. I don't think she said that. Maybe implied it,but she did not say that. She was basing that on a jacket and an mp3 player. I live in Texas and I don't remember the last Christmas we needed a jacket during the day, maybe at night but not in the day. So, to me in reality you can't base anything on leaving a jacket at home. jmo

Nancy is probably basing this on whether Hailey intended to run away, and not that she just left the house to visit a friend and planned to return home before dark. That time of year, in that area of TX, the days can be very pleasant, but it nearly always cools off by evening. But a kid that age not taking their favorite jacket or mp3 player is not exactly the evidence needed, IMO, to base a theory on that she was killed in the house.

Don't you think any teenager that was leaving home to go spend a night with a friend would pack her backpack with her favorite items (jacket, MP3 player)???

Even if it wasn't chilly at the time, wouldn't she want her jacket for later?

Don't you think any teenager that was leaving home to go spend a night with a friend would pack her backpack with her favorite items (jacket, MP3 player)???

I know some who probably wouldn't, unless they were planning to be outdoors somewhere at night for awhile. Heck, I know adults who don't think of grabbing a jacket. In Tx, you never know when the weather will change, but kids don't think of that, they live for the here and now.
As for the mp3 player, do kids normally carry them everywhere they go?
IIRC, this friend and her mother both claimed they knew of no plans for Hailey to spend the night, though... so this makes me think Hailey made that up and was headed somewhere else and didn't want anyone to know. Thus, the dogs hitting at the motel. Hailey could have gotten herself into something bad.

Well, I have worn myself out on this case by hopping up and down off the fence as to what I think happened to this precious child who had her whole life ahead of her. After watching the NG show, I remember that at one point I thought the same thing that NG stated, which is that Hailey never left home.

I hope it is okay to post this theory, but I believe that "perhaps" this young girl was drugged by BD and SA. I think they tried involving her in that weirdo scary freaky thing they were so interested in and I believe there was a tragic accident (something they did to her went too far). I think BD was probably told to go on about your day and "I'll handle this and it will be okay". The fact she stated she and SA both failed the polygraphs (per BD, herself) just shows how upset she was and how she probably felt she was going to fail that polygraph, and her saying she was told she did, was just her feeling guilty. I know this has been discussed and discussed, and then I jump back up on the fence and start thinking it was a stranger who harmed her, but seeing NG's show made me get down off the fence and go back to my original opinion.

I don't think that anyone believes that she had planned to overnight somewhere. That is what she told SA, or what he understood her to be saying (assuming that SA is being truthfull). Her actual plans may have been quite different though. She would have been under no obligation to tell him the truth. Based on what everyone has said about the family dynamics it is pretty clear that she largely came and went as she pleased with little parental oversight.

If SA is to believed, she left in a hurry soon after he arrived back home, which means that she would have been improvising on short notice and therefore would not have thought about what all she would take with her. So her not taking a jacket or her MP3 player would be understandable.

Now, if we can figure out WHY she left in a hurry, we will probably be on a solid road to deducing what happened to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675