Found Deceased 11-year-old Livingston, TX Girl - Audrii Cunningham - *ARREST* #2

Thank you. Seems odd to me though, I've watched real court cases where a time frame and date of death were an issue or at least part of the prosecution's case. IMO.
It can definitely be a point of contention in a court case, which I think is probably at least part of the reason they prefer to just record the 'found on' date and time. Determining time and date of death isn't nearly as exact a science as they make it seem on CSI and so if the medical examiner makes an educated guess but is wrong, that could potentially mess up a prosecution.

It can definitely be a point of contention in a court case, which I think is probably at least part of the reason they prefer to just record the 'found on' date and time. Determining time and date of death isn't nearly as exact a science as they make it seem on CSI and so if the medical examiner makes an educated guess but is wrong, that could potentially mess up a prosecution.
IDK, I don't watch CSI. I was just asking.

Good to have your expertise here!

But would an ME still have to venture a guess, in a range of days, perhaps, to help the prosecution? Let’s say a body was found two weeks after someone disappeared but they clearly did not die that day, or even 2-5 days before being located. Would you have to state that in your guess they died, say, 5-10 days prior?

IDK, I don't watch CSI. I was just asking.
And it's a good question! :) Families often wanted to argue with the 'found on' date on their loved ones' death certificates in the case of an unattended death- ie, "We stopped being able to reach Mom on the 5th so we're sure that's when she passed but the police didn't show up and kick down the door until the 8th so that's what's on the death certificate but we don't like it and we want it to show the 5th"- but unfortunately the medical examiner doesn't budge on that.

In Audrii's case I'm sure that monster ended her life shortly after taking her, but legally the death certificate will always show the date she was found. The family will be able to put whatever they want on her headstone, though.

Good to have your expertise here!

But would an ME still have to venture a guess, in a range of days, perhaps, to help the prosecution? Let’s say a body was found two weeks after someone disappeared but they clearly did not die that day, or even 2-5 days before being located. Would you have to state that in your guess they died, say, 5-10 days prior?
They would likely have to testify to something like that in court when the time comes, but not for the death certificate itself.

Yes, there has to be an explanation like that. Because I don’t see any reason why law enforcement would just look the other way at an assault with a deadly weapon like that.

But notice how quickly he was arrested for it once Audrii was missing? That’s troubling.

because the victim saw his picture in the news and told LE he recognized him as the person who stabbed him

Yes, there has to be an explanation like that. Because I don’t see any reason why law enforcement would just look the other way at an assault with a deadly weapon like that.

But notice how quickly he was arrested for it once Audrii was missing? That’s troubling.

It is indeed.

I'm having some flashbacks to the Ivy Webster / Brittany Brewer mass murder case. Very different circs but some crossover with the perpetrator there in terms of affiliations, etc. I reckon this guy and Jesse McF might have gotten on just fine.

Funeral arrangements for Auttri Cunningham have been announced. Per the funeral home, Pace Funeral Home of Livingston, Texas, all of the services will be open to the public.

Video/article
Source: KHOU (CBS) - Houston, Texas

Published: 5:43 PM CST February 21, 2024
Updated: 5:43 PM CST February 21, 2024

Snipped:

According to the Pace Funeral Home, a visitation is scheduled for Friday, March 1 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the First Baptist Church at 106 Colt Road in Livingston.
On Saturday, March 2, a rosary service will take place starting at 10:30 a.m. at the St. Joseph Catholic Church at 2590 Highway 190 West in Livingston. The funeral service will follow immediately afterward.

Read more:

they seriously couldn't get her name right in the headline???

Thank you. Seems odd to me though, I've watched real court cases where a time frame and date of death were an issue or at least part of the prosecution's case. IMO.
The murder charges that I pulled this morning listed the offense date as 2/15. Now it says 2/20.

This morning vs tonight:
Charge
Offense Date
Court Type
Court Date
Bond
Bond Type
Charging Agency
Arresting Agency
AGG ASSLT W/DEADLY WEAPON02-16-2024$500,000.00Surety BondPolkPOLK CO SO LIVINGSTON - TX1870000
CAPITAL MURDER PERSON EQUAL MORE THAN 10 YOA LESS THAN 15 YOA02-15-2024
Charge
Offense Date
Court Type
Court Date
Bond
Bond Type
Charging Agency
Arresting Agency
AGG ASSLT W/DEADLY WEAPON02-16-2024 $500,000.00Surety BondPolkPOLK CO SO LIVINGSTON - TX1870000
CAPITAL MURDER PERSON EQUAL MORE THAN 10 YOA LESS THAN 15 YOA02-20-2024

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57
Back