Found Deceased 11-year-old Livingston, TX Girl - Audrii Cunningham - *ARREST* #2

Well this sounds oddly similar to Mr. Got Stabbed's story...McDougal asks a stranger or acquaintance for help, then he attacks them for no known reason. Also notice he attacked the male both times when there was both a male and female present.

Like, what was his goal? To rob them? To SA the female present? In the one instance the female was actually his accomplice (or at least, with him and not his target). Why did he evidently fail each time?
Very perplexing. Must have on each occasion been a failed plan for robbery or SA or both.

According to this article: "She (the g/f of the man that got hit in the head) says she thinks McDougal was trying to steal her car."

I'm not convinced that was the reason. Not that I don't believe her or find her explanation sus, but if he bashed your boyfriend in the head to steal your car, but then didn't steal your car, well then... that wouldn't be a whole lot of motive would it. If anything I think this is just shoddy reporting and I would like to hear what happened next.

1st child victim of man charged with Audrii Cunningham's murder says system failed her and Audrii In this link from upthread, it caught my eye that this young lady resembles Audrii a great deal. The ...thing... that did this just keeps getting sicker and sicker. I hope they go through past child assault cases to look for any that might be connected to him, bc I can't think he stopped cold in 2010 only to be back at it now.
Yes, and back when she was 10, she likely bore even a more extreme resemblance.

Source: KTRK (ABC) - Houston, Texas

Wednesday, February 21, 2024 10:17PM
Video/article

While I don't know the exact legal definition of "enticing a child" and admittedly haven't looked it up, I never would have thought it was as serious an event as what happened to Carissa Davis. I am appalled and angry. I suppose this was reduced from "assault" of some kind to "enticing" as a result of the plea deal? :mad:
MOO

Wow. From the article.

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Carissa Davis was one year younger than Audrii Cunningham when the man accused of Audrii's murder tried undressing her.

In March 2007, Davis - then 10 years old - said she was at a family gathering at her uncle's Brazoria County home.

[…]

"He came into the room that me and my cousin were sleeping in," Davis recounted in an exclusive interview with Eyewitness News.

Davis said McDougal yanked her cousin from their bed and then got into bed with her.

"(He) tried to take down my pants, and I immediately jumped up at that moment," Davis said. "I remember looking at him. I was like, 'Do you know how old I am?'"
What a brave lady for speaking out

This sounds like it followed a similar pattern from McDougal - befriended a family with kids/access to children and then acted.

This lady must be so angry that the law failed her - she will so upset that her experience didn’t save Audrii.

I really dread to think what Audrii experienced in the months prior to her death - the text to the mother stating ‘Audrii was good at keeping secrets’ literally sends shivers down my spine.

I really hope this brave lady encourages other victims to speak out as I don’t believe he went all those years without acting again. Any parents/family members who have let McDougal near there children should be speaking to their children and encouraging them to speak.

What a brave lady for speaking out

This sounds like it followed a similar pattern from McDougal - befriended a family with kids/access to children and then acted.

This lady must be so angry that the law failed her - she will so upset that her experience didn’t save Audrii.

I really dread to think what Audrii experienced in the months prior to her death - the text to the mother stating ‘Audrii was good at keeping secrets’ literally sends shivers down my spine.

I really hope this brave lady encourages other victims to speak out as I don’t believe he went all those years without acting again. Any parents/family members who have let McDougal near there children should be speaking to their children and encouraging them to speak.
The keeping secrets line tells me that at bare minimum he was grooming her.

No one who actually cares about kids places how well they keep secrets as their best virtue. In fact, most modern child protection revolves around 'no grown up should be asking you to keep secrets, if one does, tell another adult you know and trust right away'.

MOO

The keeping secrets line tells me that at bare minimum he was grooming her.

No one who actually cares about kids places how well they keep secrets as their best virtue. In fact, most modern child protection revolves around 'no grown up should be asking you to keep secrets, if one does, tell another adult you know and trust right away'.

MOO
So glad they've got that comment as evidence.

Playing devils advocate here, I feel terrible that the father is being blamed for having this man in their lives. I have not seen anything that shows he knowingly or was in the know enough. There are so many possibilities, 1. a very manipulative and cunning person gained his way into their lives. 2. They were child hood friends or family friends going way back and remembered the young innocent person he was and were easily conned that he was still in there. 3. They believed that this person was reformed or misunderstood , thinking the threat was not valid. 4. misplaced trust based on personal history with the person. 5. They thought that since he was not registered his crime before was not serious.

The father / family is going to have to live with the decisions they made for the rest of their lives. I think that is the worst punishment. I look at the photo in the obituary, that is a genuinely happy and loved child , she appears to have been well taken care of. Yes she was failed but until I see otherwise the father is a victim of this man and the best I can hope for is that a lot of people learn from this and are less trusting of whom they let in their lives. JUST MY OPINIONS.

McDougal joined the search efforts and was seen knocking on neighborhood doors and asking if anyone had seen Audrii, the sheriff told CNN. But Lyons didn’t believe his efforts were genuine.

“To me, it simply tells me is that he’s trying to give the appearances that he has no play or he’s not at fault in her disappearance and that (he’s) part of the concerned parties who were trying to locate her,” Lyons said Tuesday.

In the days after Audrii vanished, McDougal claimed in several social media comments that he was not guilty of her disappearance and had “done nothing wrong,” according to activity on a Facebook account appearing to belong to the suspect.

“I’m not guilty,” reads a comment from the account under a post on the Facebook page “True Crime Society” the day after Audrii was reported missing.

“I was there and was questioned. I am not running or hiding,” McDougal wrote before commenting again and saying, “I have done everything I can to help find her. I have done nothing wrong.”

CNN has sought comment from investigators about the Facebook comments.
https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/20/us/audrii-cunningham-death-suspect-texas-wednesday/index.html

I have read several true crime books in which there were suspects with the same history: They never seemed to get charged or jailed for their crimes. In theses cases, it was because they were working as police and FBI informants. Snitches.

Hmm - what's the likelihood of that in this case, do you think? Could be one explanation that makes some sense because nothing else does about it tbh

 moo

Playing devils advocate here, I feel terrible that the father is being blamed for having this man in their lives. I have not seen anything that shows he knowingly or was in the know enough. There are so many possibilities, 1. a very manipulative and cunning person gained his way into their lives. 2. They were child hood friends or family friends going way back and remembered the young innocent person he was and were easily conned that he was still in there. 3. They believed that this person was reformed or misunderstood , thinking the threat was not valid. 4. misplaced trust based on personal history with the person. 5. They thought that since he was not registered his crime before was not serious.

The father / family is going to have to live with the decisions they made for the rest of their lives. I think that is the worst punishment. I look at the photo in the obituary, that is a genuinely happy and loved child , she appears to have been well taken care of. Yes she was failed but until I see otherwise the father is a victim of this man and the best I can hope for is that a lot of people learn from this and are less trusting of whom they let in their lives. JUST MY OPINIONS.
Yes, I think it's an awful lot of blaming without any evidence.

Even down to things like the fact he clearly had a criminal inclination but its easy enough to understand how he may have been open about some of his crimes whilst leaving crucial ones out. Lots of crimes are a huge step away from risk to children. If someone openly admits lots but keeps a dirty secret, secret, it's easy to see how you wouldn't question it. Even the aryan brotherhood stuff, yes, it shows he is a racist **** but that doesn't make you a child murderer.

I would be curious to know what was known and when.

Hmm - what's the likelihood of that in this case, do you think? Could be one explanation that makes some sense because nothing else does about it tbh

 moo
I have thought it from the beginning due to having read of at least 5 cases like this. Being an informant to police or FBI gives the person a free pass to commit numerous crime and not be charged or jailed. Finally, the person commits murder.

I think it’s very likely, because McDougal would be extremely useful for 3 reasons:
1. Lots of criminal and prison connections.
2. Tough.
3. And not afraid to stab friends in the back.

The murder charges that I pulled this morning listed the offense date as 2/15. Now it says 2/20.

This morning vs tonight:
Charge
Offense Date
Court Type
Court Date
Bond
Bond Type
Charging Agency
Arresting Agency
AGG ASSLT W/DEADLY WEAPON02-16-2024$500,000.00Surety BondPolkPOLK CO SO LIVINGSTON - TX1870000
CAPITAL MURDER PERSON EQUAL MORE THAN 10 YOA LESS THAN 15 YOA02-15-2024
Charge
Offense Date
Court Type
Court Date
Bond
Bond Type
Charging Agency
Arresting Agency
AGG ASSLT W/DEADLY WEAPON02-16-2024$500,000.00Surety BondPolkPOLK CO SO
ArLIVINGSTON - TX1870000
CAPITAL MURDER PERSON EQUAL MORE THAN 10 YOA LESS THAN 15 YOA02-20-2024

Are these 2 different charges - meaning 2 counts of murder & 2 counts of aggravated assault? Or are they just correcting the offense date - ??

Also @tlcya - can you access the Polk County court site? No the jail site - which is posted above - but any info on his court date? He should be having one some - first appearance hearing.

TIA if you can help me! I can not access it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supertooth
Back