17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing an investigation? Why does the three day window upset you?
I'll be honest because they have had weeks to get something done and people are sick of waiting. This also makes the prosecutor appear weak because George is playing hide and go seek with her! Who is in charge here? This is turning into even more of a sideshow carnival.

I can see that she might be giving George a chance to come back home and turn himself in, but it's really irritating that we have to go through three more days of waiting on a guy who believes he is totally innocent. If he will be exonerated, fine - let him prove it in court.

All anyone ever wanted in this case is for the system to work for George the way it works for everyone else in the country. He made a choice and he has to put on his big boy pants, stop hiding behind Daddy and Frank Taaffe, and pull himself together.

Okay... so the SA can't charge him if he isn't in Florida? Can they put out a warrant for his arrest?

If he fled... there are people kicking themselves hard right now, IMO.

It doesn't matter where he's at because she can charge him but if he didn't turn himself in, he would be considered a fugitive from justice.

~jmo~

It sound more like, I think u call it "good faith'' type of call. Like I want to cooperate. Whether its sincere Idk. mooo

Why would he tell the State Attorney that he was planning to flee? I would think that would be that last thing he would do. Unless he was looking for an insanity defense. :crazy:

I'm probably dipping my toe into the bizzaro world, but here goes:

It just occured to me that maybe on last week GZ's attorneys got a reliable hint from the SA's office that an indictment is coming. Maybe they were told to make sure their guy was in the local area this week. The attorneys get on the batphone to Z. By Sunday, Z's heard enough. He's not going to be ordered around. He does the mature thing, quits answering the phone.

The only thing I'm missing is when did GZ decide to call the SA for a chat. Maybe that happened last week, his attempt to "convince" them that they are wasting their time...move along...nothing to see here.
Of course, the SA's office passed on this crazy show.

I can't ever see "aiding and abetting" without picturing the scene where the sheriff is talking about "aidin and abettin" being a big deal and the kid still thinks he was arrested for aidin and abettin the theft of a can of tuna.

Seriously, I doubt the SA would go after individual donors. I have wondered what the attorneys knew or should have known and what they have communicated to the SA. Did they get scared when they realized they didn't know where GZ was and if he needed to turn himself in they couldn't find him. Normally, the attorney makes representations to the SA that they will surrender within _ hours after they let him know so as to prevent a public arrest and scene and everyone takes that pretty seriously and it's a big deal if the attorney can't produce the suspect. Did the attorneys really ever know where GZ was to did they just take his or someone else's word for it? Were they not quite as careful as they should have been because they wanted the big juicy case and then had to quickly and publicly jump ship to try and avoid being blamed? I don't know either obviously but these people do make you think...

IF GZ goes on the run and people continue to give money too him via the website, can that be considered aiding and abetting?

No, I think he said something on that written statement he shouldn't have and they want the statement thrown by claiming PTSD and head injury and stuff. IMO

Ahhh, makes sense, thanks.

JMHO

I don't think I understand your question. Let me try again.

George cannot take pay-pal donations under false pretenses. Saying he has a "defense fund" doesn't mean whatever George wants it to mean. It's a type of contract between himself and whoever gives the money that it's used for legitimate purposes.

Light bill, water bill, food at home for family, court fees, legal pads - Legitimate.

Airline tickets out of state? Not legit.

Food on the run? Not legit.

See what I mean? He can't just take money and run and call it "defense" when he doesn't even acknowledge his defense attorneys, it seems to me.

These guys set up a fund with George's father's name on it. Why? Because let's be realisitic ~ George may be going to jail.

I think they didn't put his wife's name on the account because they may all ready be having money troubles and they don't want it seized. OR, the father is just a control freak - who knows?

Bottom line - attorneys cannot set up bank accounts and take donations and not itemize where the money is going. That is not legal in any way, and it's unethical.

This prosecutor probably wants to charge with him something - manslaughter most likely.
But if he isn't in state, he can't be charged.

So I think this 72 hour thing means that she is giving him 72 hours to get back to Florida and be ready to turn himself in to authorities.

If George doesn't return to Florida, he cannot charged, right?

And if he cannot be charged and isn't talking to attorneys, then there is no "defense" going on. That was the point of the press conference today. He is gone, and his lawyers can't reach him. They can't defend him and they can't guarantee he will cooperate with authorities, so they cut off ties with him.

If people give him money for "defense" that means to pay his attorneys and for living expenses for his family. That's my understanding at least.

If George then takes that money and goes to another state or to Canada or Peru or wherever, then the money is being used to aid and abet a fugitive.

JMOO :cow: :moo:

He can be charged if he is not in the state, he just becomes a fugitive from justice. BBM

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Fugitive+from+Justice

Do we have any information that ANYBODY has seen GZ since the night of the killing? This story that he is hiding because of death threats is wearing kinda thin.

IIRC GZ packed up and left his condo the day after the shooting, I just can't remember where I read or heard this. IF that is the case, then didn't he leave way before there were any threats to his person?

Which doesn't apply here because they never filed, and there is a question as to whether there was any contract, was there a meeting of the minds?

There is no case, so I'm not sure why they would have had to file anything??

WHY? curious

If she holds the conference in Sanford, I believe she will be announcing an arrest. If she holds the conference in Jacksonville, either there will be no arrest or NOW she may have to announce charges will be pressed, but they don't have him there to arrest him?

MOO

Yes, the heading under the page you linked is: Countries with diplomatic relations but no extradition treaty

The United States does not have formal diplomatic relations with Cuba and has maintained an embargo which makes it illegal for U.S. corporations to do business with Cuba.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuba%E2%80%93United_States_relations"]Cuba–United States relations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Despite Venezuela's stated desire for improved relations with the U.S. and its appeals for mutual respect, tensions between both nations are still high as of 2012 due to continuity in U.S. foreign policy under Bush and Obama[1].

{me}Venezuela does have diplomatic relations but some extraditions are denied, guess it depends.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States%E2%80%93Venezuela_relations"]United States–Venezuela relations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

George is not going crazy. This is George and how he has always been. He called the cops on his landlord because the landlord wanted rent and George did not feel it was right because the house was being foreclosed on.

I've seen this before but I couldn't find the post when I looked for it. Just FYI, that call was George calling for a tenant at the community, not for himself. Someone posted the reports earlier, if you look you will see this on them :)

If your man enough to carry a gun and shoot someone... you should be man enough to go sit in jail for a day or two until the Judge announces your bond and you get out of jail until a trial. It's not like he's going to be put in Gen. Pop!

Wasn't it Chile that pushed Joran across the border to Peru to avoid the extridition process. Joran was scared too. Thought he'd be shot walking across. That was the coolest thing two countries could have done at the time, imo.

I'll be honest because they have had weeks to get something done and people are sick of waiting. This also makes the prosecutor appear weak because George is playing hide and go seek with her! Who is in charge here? This is turning into even more of a sideshow carnival.

I can see that she might be giving George a chance to come back home and turn himself in, but it's really irritating that we have to go through three more days of waiting on a guy who believes he is totally innocent. If he will be exonerated, fine - let him prove it in court.

All anyone ever wanted in this case is for the system to work for George the way it works for everyone else in the country. He made a choice and he has to put on his big boy pants, stop hiding behind Daddy and Frank Taaffe, and pull himself together.

Most cases take time though. Sometimes it's years before someone is indicted. It's better that they have all the evidence and facts straight, instead of back peddling.

Which doesn't apply here because they never filed, and there is a question as to whether there was any contract, was there a meeting of the minds?
One of the talking heads said that Zimmerman was sent paperwork to sign the lawyer or lawyers on, but he never signed and mailed them back. JMO

Wasn't it Chile that pushed Joran across the border to Peru to avoid the extridition process. Joran was scared too. Thought he'd be shot walking across. That was the coolest thing two countries could have done at the time, imo.

Yes, he was expelled from Chile, great move on their part and all within the law.

JMHO

OK so what if the Prosecutor had taken his calls? Which we know she didn't. But she knowing he is(was at that point) represented no matter how loosely by Counsel. That would have put a great big cog in the wheel of the investigation right? Because she can't talk to him without his attorney present. So maybe he was trying to trip her up and cause the investigation to be challenged???? MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK