17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just one hour later to the east. :)

I live in Tennessee and we have both Eastern and Central zones, too. I gain and hour by driving to Nashville or northern Alabama.

Going from East to West you just subtract an hour for each zone.

timezones1.jpg

OT while we are waiting for Gz court appearance.

Thoughtfox,
Wha's up with IN and AZ? Are those states in a time zone or in no mans land? :floorlaugh:

Seriously tho, are those states outlined in red because they stay on either standard time or daylight time all the year long?
Thanks for the lesson on time zones!

wm

She is charging a 12 yr old kid who was abused all of his life, for MURDER as an adult---And I don't see that she has that much evidence against the CHILD to justify that decision.

I think she overcharges as a general rule. I don't think it means she has a smoking gun. If he shot him in the back we would have known that already. imo

Do you have a link for that other case? Thank you!

Statement from Sybrina Fulton clarifying earlier comments on this morning’s airing of the Today Show:

“Earlier today, I made a comment to the media that was later mischaracterized.
When I referenced the word ‘accident’ today with regard to Trayvon’s death, in NO way did I mean the shooting was an accident. We believe that George Zimmerman stalked my son and murdered him in cold blood. The ‘accident’ I was referring to was the fact that George Zimmerman and my son ever crossed paths. It was an accidental encounter. If George Zimmerman
hadn’t gotten out of his vehicle, this entire incident would have been avoided. My son was profiled, followed and murdered by George Zimmerman, and there was
nothing accidental about that.”

Benjamin L. Crump, Esq.

Sounds like the lawyer heard that first quote and said 'we got to change that, it hurts public perception'. IMO

I realize it's probably minor in the big scheme of things, but the notion doesn't sit exactly right with me that someone could have an attacker on top of them while being beaten to the point of near collapse and loss of life, draw their pistol and fire one shot killing this attacker, yet still have the presense of mind to reholster their pistol as the police narrative noted with GZ.

I think I would have dropped it without a second thought and struggled my way out from under the dead body on top of me. I know in the wild west they used to twirl them around on their finger and cooly slide them back in the holster, but this isn't the movies and GZ isn't Billy the Kid.

She is charging a 12 yr old kid who was abused all of his life, for MURDER as an adult---And I don't see that she has that much evidence against the CHILD to justify that decision.

I think she overcharges as a general rule. I don't think it means she has a smoking gun. If he shot him in the back we would have known that already. imo

What is her conviction rate? Does she get a lot of her defendants acquitted? It might happen if you routinely overcharge.

Charging a 12-year-old as an adult seems very harsh to me but I am not familiar with the case.

Corey sought and received a grand jury indictment Fernandez on charges of homicide and aggravated child abuse, and decided to try him as an adult. This move, which made Fernandez the youngest person ever to face a murder charge in Jacksonville’s history, drew criticism and protests to send the case to juvenile court instead, but Corey held that the juvenile system was inadequate to handle a crime of this magnitude. However, Corey stated she did not intend for Fernandez to stand trial or serve a life sentence, but would rather accept a plea deal.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angela_Corey"]Angela Corey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

What is her conviction rate? Does she get a lot of her defendants acquitted? It might happen if you routinely overcharge.

Charging a 12-year-old as an adult seems very harsh to me but I am not familiar with the case.

Don't know about AC, but I did hear on the news that O'Mara is highly thought of in the lawyer community and he did successfully defend a 2nd degree murder case down to manslaughter (depends on your definition of success).

The murder 2 charge is political? Angela Corey could have satisfied just about everyone with a manslaughter charge. Even Zimmerman's supporters saw that as a reality, and it's what most legal analysts saw coming.

The fact that she charged up, IMO, means that she's got d*mn good evidence. I don't think anybody was calling for Zimmerman to be facing life in prison, just for accountability. A jury trial.

I don't believe it's political. I believe it's based on the evidence.

At the most, I thought the charges filed would be Voluntary Manslaughter, I sure wasn't expecting 2nd Degree Murder charges!

cnn.com/live will have it. They already have a link up

HLN: Zimmerman arrives at court house. Hearing in 12 minutes.

Sounds like the lawyer heard that first quote and said 'we got to change that, it hurts public perception'. IMO

One could tell, by his body language, the atty. was not happy when she made the "accident comment".

I'm right there with you. And, I know I sound like a broken record, but the fact that Trayvon's mom said it was him, is ALL the expert opinion I need.

Plus if Trayvon is on top of him, pummeling him ( its hard for me to even type this with a straight face) and he has no other course of action, but to shoot him. We should still hear Zimmerman call for help, as Trayvon's massive 140lbs would have fallen flat on to him. My point is, we would of heard SOMETHING out of his mouth, even a grunt of frustration as he gets from under Trayvon. U'd think you hear Zimmerman's moans of pain, i mean he did just get beat up badly and head bonnced off the curb.

But once again, the fact that we hear nadda, the second the gun goes off, speaks volumes.

Boy, the Orlando news stations don't miss a beat huh, one high profile case after another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rabbitfoot