17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not unusual, nor is it special treatment. If the credit isn't made up, then the student WILL NOT RECEIVE a diploma. Very simple.

He apparently didn't complete the credit because he did not list any college degree on the jail intake report I posted yesterday.

Then again, the poster used the term, "constituents." How many nobodies would use a term like that with the media? Oh wait. ( link )

Good catch! Personally, I think FT has much more involvement in this whole thing other than just being GZ's good buddy and advocate.

JMO

Ours does, they even ride up and down the streets in the HOA car. They have a schedule of whose on duty.
What I am asking is if the HOA is responsible for someones action when they are not on duty. Taking the responsibility for a residents actions 24/7 is really going out on a limb. IMO
That is HOA then, not the same as Neighborhood Watch. These are unpaid volunteers, we do NOT patrol, we do not ride around in cars looking for trouble. I do not have a schedule, so yes it's 24/7. If I see or hear something in the middle of the night, I call it in. It's happened, illegal fireworks that sound like gunshots, a car accident next door at 3a.m....

Ours does, they even ride up and down the streets in the HOA car. They have a schedule of whose on duty.
What I am asking is if the HOA is responsible for someones action when they are not on duty. Taking the responsibility for a residents actions 24/7 is really going out on a limb. IMO

That is not NWP. NWP does not do that. That is provided by your HOA or they would not be riding in a community car. We have the same thing here in our gated community but they are not NWP. They are a private security for this community only. There is a big difference. Sanford has a civil patrol group, too, that ride in cars but they cannot carry weapons. All they have is a radio to call in suspicious activities. jmo

Absolutely not.

"we don't need" is not an order.

"do not do that"
"stop doing that"
Those are orders.
This dispatcher is not at fault for not being more direct, the meaning was clear. Now the one in the Josh Powell case, you could take issue with, IMO...

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/trayvon-martin-case-sources-tell-wftv-police-wante/nLbjr/

"Police Capts. Darren Scott and Bob O'Connor will run the department during the absence of Bill Lee.

On Thursday Lee announced that he was temporarily removing himself as police chief.

WFTV’s Jeff Deal learned that Lee, just before he stepped down as chief, promoted five other officers.

The city manager confirmed the promotions and said the officers completed the promotion process at the end of last month.

Some of those promoted have been involved in cases that have made the news.

John Labree, John Foshee, and Steven Lynch were promoted to sergeant. Two current sergeants, Tony Esoss and Randy Smith were promoted to lieutenants.

Smith was head of investigations when George Zimmerman shot and killed Trayvon Martin.

Steven Lynch was the officer who shot and killed suspect Nicholas Scott in 2010 after Scott allegedly tried to run him down.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement decided that the shooting was justified.

John Foshee made headlines that same year after someone stole his M4 assault rifle from his car in Volusia County.

Friday the city manager also introduced the two captains who will now lead the police department.

The captains were not allowed to answer questions."

AND

""The city’s new public relations person, Lisa Mosca, even ran from WFTV’s camera when reporter Jeff Deal tried to ask a few questions about the promotions.

The chief is continuing to collect his $100,000-a-year salary while on leave.

The city has also hired Massey Communications, a public relations firm, to help handle the Trayvon Martin situation, but the city is refusing to say how much it is paying the firm.""

What the heck?

Diana Smith processed the scene.

Timothy Smith was the arresting officer.

Randy Smith was head of investigations.

http://cnninsession.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/martinpolicreport.pdf

I believe evidence shows that GZ followed TM with the INTENT to detain him. That itself is unlawful. If they encounter each other while GZ is attempting to do something unlawful he cannot avail himself of SYG. I believe that is the picture they will paint. And it's utterly believable and consistent wiht the facts.

GZ was obessed with ciminals and crimes in his neighborhood, he immediately determines TM is such a criminal and calls 911 about this dangerous, suspicious guy and asks for an officer to be dispatched poste haste to detain him. Job done. Then, he realizes TM is still walking..."getting away" and he says how he's sick of these a$%holes getting away. That, combined with his disregard of the instruction to not follow show a whole lotta intent to detain to me and I would think to many other rational people who would probably think, "Why else would you go after somene with a gun when you've already called 911 and the person isn't actually doing anything criminal?" Not a lot of other good reasons. I know, I know, looking for an address...please...

Whoa...I'd disagree.

GZ's story is that Trayvon doubled back and attacked him. Trayvon was on a path to where he was staying. How is the way they came to be in proximity just going to be disregarded?

I don't think anyone is saying GZ was in the right. I, for one, am saying he may have done nothing wrong or illegal. Or maybe he did. We don't know. My reaction stems from so many acting as if they know he was wrong.

TM was suspicious to GZ because he was not recognized.
Being suspicious is not the same as doing something wrong - it means you might be doing something wrong.

We don't know whether GZ ever approached TM. We only know that GZ followed TM, and then lost him.

After losing him did GZ find him again and then approach him, or did TM decide to approach him? We don't know, but it doesn't matter, because it's not wrong or illegal for either one to approach the other.

Regardless of which one approached the other, at that point so far neither one had done anything wrong or illegal, but both had reason to find the other suspicious.

Once one did approach the other, either GZ shot TM in cold blood, or there were some words exchanged, and one or the other started a physical altercation, and eventually it lead to GZ shooting TM.

As others have noted, all that is relevant with respect to GZ's innocence or guilt is what happened in the last 60 seconds or so prior to the shooting, and we know nothing about that, except how it ended.

I completely understand what your saying and appreciate your opinion, but I don't agree it all boils down to the last 60 seconds. I still think GZ is the aggressor even if TM had thrown the first punch. TM was scared, didn't know why he was being followed by some guy who was not in any kind of uniform and I'm sure TM thought he was going to be mugged. I'd fight back too with all my might! TM had every right to throw a punch if you ask me. If I were walking and someone who wouldn't identify themself and was following me for no apparent reason I would have my hand on my mace and if he got in my face he would get a face full of mace.

It's like if you drive without a license and you get in an accident it's your fault because you shouldn't have been on the road anyway. GZ had no business carrying a gun and using it, it was not part of his NW duty even stated by the 911 operator. If GZ didn't have a gun on him Trayvon would be alive today.

That is not NWP. NWP does not do that. That is provided by your HOA or they would not be riding in a community car. We have the same thing here in our gated community but they are not NWP. They are a private security for this community only. There is a big difference. Sanford has a civil patrol group, too, that ride in cars but they cannot carry weapons. All they have is a radio to call in suspicious activities. jmo
I'll have to read what it says on the car, they are volunteers, I would know if I was paying them and I am not. I still want to know about our responsibility for them. i caught one of them in my backyard when we first moved here. I told him I would report him as a peeping tom, he insisted he had a right to come on my property which of course he didn't. He never bothered us again.

This dispatcher is not at fault for not being more direct, the meaning was clear. Now the one in the Josh Powell case, you could take issue with, IMO...
I don't understand the relevance of this point at all.

Even if the dispatcher told him unambiguously not to follow, GZ was under no obligation to comply. He was on private property and, as far as I know, he could go anywhere he wanted to go. Just because you call the police department does not mean you are subject to their orders.

But, anyway, yeah, "we don't need you to do that" was clear only with respect to conveying that the police department was not asking GZ to follow. The dispatcher had no authority to order GZ to not follow.

Sybrina Fulton, mother of Trayvon Martin, speaks as Trayvon's father Traci Martin listens.

"My focus is getting justice for Trayvon, if it takes me the rest of my life. I am dedicated and committed to getting justice, so I can wait a year."
I'm right here with Sybrina and Tracy for as long as it takes to see justice for Trayvon!!!

Trayvon Martin's Mother Committed To Getting Justice, If It Takes Me "The Rest of My Life."

"I really just didn't know how much I could bear," she said. "[This] made me lean on the things that I was already taught. So, I still thank God for the things that I have and I'm just moving forward and just [staying] prayerful."

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...o-getting-justice-if-it-takes-rest-of-my-life

respectfully snipped

I believe evidence shows that GZ followed TM with the INTENT to detain him. That itself is unlawful. If they encounter each other while GZ is attempting to do something unlawful he cannot avail himself of SYG. I believe that is the picture they will paint. And it's utterly believable and consistent wiht the facts.

"Why else would you go after somene with a gun when you've already called 911 and the person isn't actually doing anything criminal?" Not a lot of other good reasons. I know, I know, looking for an address...please...

really, he would have been just as well off to say that he thought maybe it was a really nice night for a stroll or something. Why look for an address which is NOT the address that the suposed suspicious person is in front of or around or at? That totally offends common sense IMO JMHO and stuff.

they try to make it as thin as possible while not getting thrown out. It's up to the judge, it's nto the prosecutors fault that the judge decided there WAS probable cause. All defense attorneys think the standards are too lenient, just like they complain grand juries would indict a ham sandwich. Do you knwo how lone ago that was said? Dershowitz is not making any new or important point here.

But Dershowitz' point is precisely what you say: the "evidence" of which you speak is NOT in the probable cause affidavit! Why not?

Why should the state's attorney be able to get a defendant charged and forced to pay bond (let's remember that 10% of the bond is non-refundable) without even alleging sufficient facts to prove a crime has been created?

Dershowitz is complaining about a decline in "probable cause" standards. A judge is not supposed to be rubber-stamping the prosecutor's whims. There's a reason why probably cause affidavits are required.

And if we're fair, we have to admit the p.c. affidavit in this case is pretty thin.

Even if the dispatcher told him unambiguously not to follow, GZ was under no obligation to comply. He was on private property and, as far as I know, he could go anywhere he wanted to go. Just because you call the police department does not mean you are subject to their orders.

But, anyway, yeah, "we don't need you to do that" was clear only with respect to conveying that the police department was not asking GZ to follow. The dispatcher had no authority to order GZ to not follow.

But he shouldn't have been following him. Fine, dispatch doesn't have the authority. My mom tells me something like that, I'm going to listen to her, because if I don't, I will get into trouble. GZ got into trouble because he didn't listen. He may not be able to get arrested for not listening (and I wouldn't either for not listening to my parents but I'd still be in trouble), but still, this whole situation would not have happened had he respected dispatch and not followed Trayvon. Dispatch, at the very least, deserves to to be respected and listened to in most cases (just like kids need to respect and listen to their parents). They may not legal authority, but they are, at the very least, respected authority that should be listened to like parents are respected authority, or a teacher, or a principal, and so on. GZ disrespected dispatch by not listening to them and continuing to follow Trayvon. That is the main point. Sheesh. It's not about the legal authority or not of dispatch, it's about using common sense and not doing things that can lead to bad decisions and situations. Trayvon would be alive if GZ had just listened to dispatch and let LE handle it.

Dershowitz claims it's not just thin, it could be perjurious.

“If she in fact knew about ABC News’ pictures of the bloody head of Zimmerman and failed to include that in the affidavit, this affidavit is not the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth,” Dershowitz said. “It’s a perjurious affidavit.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/2...overreached-with-murder-charge/#ixzz1t5jKwaxk

Do you know how long Angela Corey has been a prosecutor? Has she ever filed perjurious affidavits before? I think Dershowitz should let her do her job. Is he a prosecutor as well?

And why would a judge certify it? I believe the language used on the affidavit makes it clear that it is NOT the whole story. I'd have to look up exactly what it says, but they are not swearing to the truth, the WHOLE truth, and nothing but the truth. If the PC Affidavit did that, there would be no need for discovery...IMO MOO JMO

Then why bother to call in the first place if you're just going to disregard instructions and take matters into your own hands?

Then why bother to call in the first place if you're just going to disregard instructions and take matters into your own hands?

For someone to come. So that the dispatcher would dispatch someone to the scene.

JMO

Sybrina Fulton, mother of Trayvon Martin, speaks as Trayvon's father Traci Martin listens.

"My focus is getting justice for Trayvon, if it takes me the rest of my life. I am dedicated and committed to getting justice, so I can wait a year."
I'm right here with Sybrina and Tracy for as long as it takes to see justice for Trayvon!!!

Trayvon Martin's Mother Committed To Getting Justice, If It Takes Me "The Rest of My Life."

"I really just didn't know how much I could bear," she said. "[This] made me lean on the things that I was already taught. So, I still thank God for the things that I have and I'm just moving forward and just [staying] prayerful."

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...o-getting-justice-if-it-takes-rest-of-my-life

Sabrina is an inspiration to me! Her grace and faith through all of this is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FoxxTraxx