2008.06.16 James T. says he saw Caylee alive around Noon #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a couple of questions??

Do phones ping if they are turned off? I'm sure that this has been asked and answered a million times so thanks for responding in advance.
*snipped*

Hey, CP. You're right...not a new question, but, always a welcome one ;) Short/simple answer is no...they don't. We prolly outta create a Ping 101 thread in the Case Analysis forum and collect the responses that have been given over time so we can point interested foks to it. :)

Also, since the DP is on the table can Casey be convicted of lesser charges?

Maybe I should ask these in the questions and answers thread.
Good question for the "Procedure..." thread.

No.
If you think someone looks hot, do you automatically do that? Just because he admitted why he recalled her and the incident, doesn't mean he is a freak.

I never said he was a freak, nor was I insinuating he was.

I am just saying the way he described KC comes across to me that he found her intriguing in his own way. One possible reason he can describe her is that he had a tape of her in his store and that helped him remember seeing the two of them the next week at Walmart.

re: the disparity between cell phone ping and Walmart locations--is it possible that someone else was using Casey's cell phone while she was at Walmart? (Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I'm at work so I don't have enough time to read everything right now.)

IMHO, Mouser, based on the activity there wasn't anyone else using Casey's phone. In the mix are conversations and texts w/ Tony, Amy & Jesse w/ ping locations that would be consistent w/ Casey's expected location. IKWYM though.

FWIW...although I've convinced myself it didn't happen this way...there isn't a disparity in the pings & a potential Walmart trip mid-morning - vs. an afternoon trip for which there is a conflict. There is a gap of 177mins in the morning when considering the pings alone. Roundtrip travel time from G&C's to Walmart is ~60mins. I haven't factored in the morning Photobucket activity that would shave this 177mins down further, but, FWIW...hope that clarifies.

Waitiing for some additional WS to scour over the deconvolution of the 2 sighting events I tossed out there earlier. The more I think about it...the more I think JT saw them between 5-6PM, 6/16 @ Techbay (vs. Walmart) w. the Walmart sighting being Casey-alone post-6/16. IMHO, this lines up some pieces of he puzzle for us.

ETA: It would be interesting to do a quick plot on Google Maps of stores similar to Techbay in the immediate vicinity that might've fit Casey's criteria of accepting a check 6/16. IOW...if Casey was @ Techbay (speculation) vs. Walmart 6/16PM and JT turned her down...maybe she didn't give up immediately and drove around a few minutes trying another place or two...justathought. :waitasec:

*snipped*

Hey, CP. You're right...not a new question, but, always a welcome one ;) Short/simple answer is no...they don't. We prolly outta create a Ping 101 thread in the Case Analysis forum and collect the responses that have been given over time so we can point interested foks to it. :)

Good question for the "Procedure..." thread.

I wanted to personally thank you for all you do and many others on this site.

It's truly amazing the information that you and so many others compile. I say the word compile because it emphasizes all the hard work you put in that allows us to ponder and form opinions based on true valid sleuthing.

WS is a very unique website just for that reason. I have followed many cases and other sites pale in comparison.
:dance:

He did ask Caylee her name and she told him.
He got Caylee's first name, that's all. He did not know or reveal that he knew at that point Caylee's last name or Casey's name at all. She didn't make a purchase then and he didn't mention at all getting her name. So how did he know he was talking to Casey Anthony?????

He got Caylee's first name, that's all. He did not know or reveal that he knew at that point Caylee's last name or Casey's name at all. She didn't make a purchase then and he didn't mention at all getting her name. So how did he know he was talking to Casey Anthony?????

That's a good point. He probably just identified her visually--from his memory to media images of her. I'm sure if his testimony helps the prosecution, the defense will bringing up the the same question you are.

I don't know what to make of this guy, yet. He claims he remembered Casey because he found her verrry attractive. He remembered Caylee because he asked her name and gave her the little toy. He thought giving the kids a toy was a good way to get parents back to his store.

Perhaps he was one of the few people who were really not paying any attention to this case. Not every person in the Orlando area knows about it. We've had many posters say relatives, friends, etc. who live in and around Orlando have never heard of Casey Anthony.

If he's listed as a State witness, they must have thoroughly vetted him. It's strange that it was notarized 7/22/09 but JT himself did not write the date and time on his statement. Perhaps he spoke to police on the phone a while ago and was only asked to come in for a formal interview on 7/22/09?

I just don't know... :waitasec:

Thompson can make statements all day long, but it strikes me that there's something very odd about him, and I'm not buying his statement at all. In his statement he quickly goes from Casey being in his store to seeing her at Walmart, and adds this: "the last thing I need is involvement with another bad mother....."

Uh, hello, I don't believe seeing someone in the context of a store owner/potential customer plus one other quickie sighting translates to becoming emotionally involved, but that is the leap he apparently makes in his statement. The only thing missing from this guy's statement is the drool.

Nope, I think he may have mental/emotional problems. The guy's over 40 yrs. old, and apparently lusting after KC. I would love to see him called to the stand to testify before SA, and would bet he might suddenly find it necessary to say maybe he was mistaken, and it wasn't KC he saw after all.

Witnesses don't go to witness school; they are simply observers of action. I don't see anything "kooky" about this witness, other than he was a typical (probably younger) guy who noticed KC's very obvious sexuality. He was certainly very sensitive to noticing Caylee and making her feel comfortable.

I feel sorry for all of the Good Samaritans that have come forward and been raked over the coals using inflated criteria for credibility when the people in this case who have all the motive in the world for mendacity have bombarded us with their lies.

The doc says he's born in jan 1967. Old enough to be Casey's father. So not younger, maybe a dirty old man. Talked about how hot she was.

By the way? is the beanie baby in discovery somewhere?

The doc says he's born in jan 1967. Old enough to be Casey's father. So not younger, maybe a dirty old man. Talked about how hot she was.

bbm

LOL, since when does age have anything to do with a man's lust?
My Grandfather was over 100 and he still got frisky looking at Chrissy Snow in "Three's Company" reruns.

I don't think a 42yr old man eyeing a hot 20-something is necessarily a "dirty old man". Good-looking or sexy people are natural targets for the eyes--regardless of age.

maybe casey didnt have her phone with her at walmart, therefore no pings... she could have left it home on the charger,or forgotten it at whoever's house she was at before...

i'm just saying, if there's a "lack of pinging" on the day in question, it does make you wonder if she even took the phone with her...especially if she was "planning" something that might require covert activity...

I haven't completed this tread, but is it possible that her battery died on
the cell phone. Would it still ping? Maybe that had something to do with Casey leaving ahead of Caylee, so she could plug in the cell and had no car charge, was in a rush to get home?.....

I only got through a couple pages & now my chores are calling. So forgive me if this has already been said. I do plan to read when time permits.

One of my issues is how he said KC was treating Caylee. I question it since we have not heard one single person in her life say they saw her mistreat Caylee at any given time (yet anyway ;) ). Remember she was a "doting mother". She seemed to never lose patience. So why would she slip up in this particualr instance?

If what this gentleman says is true, there's an easy explanation for Casey putting on different faces with how she treated Caylee.

KC wanted things to appear perfect to everyone who knew her. She couldn't let it be known how unhappy she was being a mother. Therefore, she put on a show.

If this trip was truly just KC and Caylee, there was no one with them whose opinion mattered. No one to put the show on for. I've seen it myself in real life. A person can be an amazing parent when there are eyes watching. Then when they're alone it's a different story. KC might not have been alone, but she wasn't around anyone at this time whose attention/praise she desired. I can see this happening.

Just mho.

Do you have the ping info handy that you could post for us?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=233"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=233[/ame]

Jenny, the above will take you into the Resource Links, Case Calendar... part of the forum. All the ping maps are there though sprinkled throughout as they get posted to or drop down (like all the topics here). If my link doesn't work, just go to the top of the Caylee forum page - third one down

If you would like links to the actual phone data (AT&T logs) I can probably help you out faster than searching for it. There are several data sources and I would look at all of them - so if anyone else wants to suggest a link ...

Be warned, ping data is very addicting.

Dave just got back from that walmart and from the pc store. Here is what he wrote.

I had asked him if the store had manual doors......

Marinade Dave // September 30, 2009 at 4:47 pm

Yes and no, Tulessa. The main doors do not open in or out. They slide parallel to the building. In other words, sideways, and they are activated by sensors. There are 2 main entries, one in front of the grocery store section and the other in front of the department store section. The 2 areas are not separated once inside. There are 2 doors along the side (or large foyer) areas, one for each entrance. Those doors open in an outward direction. The video footage will show this.

First, I went to the computer store, but the owner was not there. I spoke to one employee and he preferred that I not shoot any video footage inside without the owner’s approval. I honored that request and decided not to shoot the storefront, either, until I had an opportunity to talk to him. After I do, I will edit the pieces together and post it as one video.

Sorry if this has already been answered but how does this witness know that it was June 16th?

Seems strange that he would remember the date a year later.

Sorry if this has already been answered but how does this witness know that it was June 16th?

Seems strange that he would remember the date a year later.

IIRC his statement to LE mentioned the day or so after Father's Day. I'd have to look it up, but right now getting dinner ready. Someone correct me please if I'm wrong.

They surely aren't easy to see and get to, then, they must be on the sides. Besides, that's a moot point, he says INTERIOR door. Casey and (10 ft. behind) Caylee were emerging from an interior door while he was coming in from the exterior doors. I really think it's the mcdonalds right there inside the store if this happened at all.

I'm still way behind in this thread, so this may have already been mentioned. Perhaps he said "interior door" because he had already come in through the automatic doors, noticed KC heading down the narrow corridor to the "manual door", watched her leave and then noticed Caylee coming along 10 feet behind her. Also, the manual doors open outward at Wal-Mart, so I think Caylee could have pushed the manual door open and slipped through the opening. I have seen children her size do this at Wal-Mart. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johandev