2009.03.18 Nancy Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, I am deeply concerned about Haleigh. Does anybody know what the police did today? Was anybody questioned that we know of. It is unsettling that the police do not seem to have a theory, a POI, a suspect, something. This is ridiculous!!! They need to either clear Misty or name her as POI. This is so frustrating!!!!! Where is this child?

I know, sooo frustrating! As of right now, everyone is suspect. Can they not clear anyone? What is their theory? Do they have one at all, or are they just not saying? Fing Haleigh!

I am new here but I feel the need to just jump in, I am 41, but I had my daughter just prior to my 18th birthday. I married a spoiled mama's boy from a well off family, they are the type of family with their heads in the sand, if one of the kids got into trouble it was quietly "taken care of ". I had 3 children in 4 years of marriage with him. I spent 4 years being physically and mentally abused, our daughter had 22 surgeries before she was 11 years old, he was only there for a handful, this same man took the kids for a weekend and refused to bring them back, he had a trashy GF at the time who had left her husband and her kids in the middle of the night to be with my ex, he thought he had a new mommy for his kids and that it would be cheaper to have them than to pay CS, which his parents were actually paying at the time. We are in Florida also, I could not find him, he filed a petition with the courts to have emergency custody saying that I was not taking care of the kids needs, I had a job, paid my bills, no help from the state and he made up all kinds of horrible things about me, he told my children that I didn't want them anymore. I found that out later on. I went to give a deposition and within 4 hours he was on his way back from Panama City to Pensacola with my kids, the tables turned. I had proof of his neglect and "issues", he ran away scared, after that he didn't see the kids for almost a year. Our youngest turned 18 last Dec and that ended my hell with this man, he felt that we were his possessions and that even though I am remarried to a LEO he still tried to control me, he tought he was untouchable. If you have not been in this situation with a man you can not imagine what it does to you, there is so much more to my story but that is the "nice" version of it. I feel that Crystal went through it with RC and that Misty is just beginning, however I have a feeling the drug use is heavier with Misty. I think that RC loves his children but I think that he does not have boundries as to where love and protect are, that he is just very controlling and that temper is an issue. I can also tell you that interfering with custody can be as simple as taking someones child across county lines without consent. I had a issue with my daughter and a older guy and all that we could get him for was sneaking her out of the house and taking her across the county line. I am jumping all over the place here but has anyone thought they maybe the rumor is true that RC is an informant and that this is all maybe form a deal gone wrong and his family was left unprotected by LEO and that is why LEO is so quiet, also my husband mentioned that maybe Ron is more than an informant, possibly deep undercover Narcs officer, though with the marriage to Misty it seems unlikely, all though look at Drew Peterson. I do wonder about all those dropped charges though, my brother inl-aw is LEO also and when he went undercover he behaved and looked like the scum of the earth. I am like most of you, this case has me so baffled. I can't form an opinion because too much is out there, but just no the right information such as what LEO is withholding. I think they have a clue as to who and what happened but you can't charge someone twice if you screw up the first time, so I think they are waiting for someone to slip up or crack.The sad thing is that both families have issues and Haleighs disappearance may or may not have anything to do with it. I sat here the other day and thought back on my life and thought about if I were in this situation how would my life look if it were out there for the world to see. I have never done drugs, have never been arrested , but I can imagine someone somewhere could make me look guilty as sin and that is scary.It is because the stats are that it is more than likely a parent when this happens. I can't bring myself to not pray for both families when I pray for Haleigh, but in the back of my mind I am wondering am I praying for a killer? I hope and pray that she is found alive, it would be a miracle. I just had to vent. I am also curious as to Nany Grace with Crystal. I think that her maternal feeling are so strong maybe that it has clouded her views, we all love our kids but not all kids live in a home with 2 loving parents with the same economic and social perks as Nancy, sometimes you make decisions that seem right at the time or you feel pressured, eventually it comes back to haunt you. I think that Crystal is dealing with that now. I think she just gave up fighting Ron and tried to move on, not the best way to deal with things but maybe with her family it was all that she could do, she has support now, but maybe not so much then, also has anyone noticed that her fiance has not been around much. I know that it seems like I am siding with CS, I am not, just trying to maybe see how it could be for her.
I just want Haleigh to come home. I can not understand why no one is out looking for her more? I imagine my spelling and grammar is way off on this , please ignore it. I am at work going into overtime and I am too tired to correct all that right now. Also , I have heard NG mention this board so I do want to say to Nancy Grace, I have always respected you but tonight you lost some of that, your interview with Crystal was not focused on helping find Haleigh, you looked like Geraldo!

Is it possible that Crystal may have more information about Haleigh's disappearance than we do and just maybe that leaves her to believe her other child may well be in danger or lost just as Haleigh was ?

Anything is possible...

In which case JR should be under police protection / safe house along with POSSIBLY Ron and his entire family due to GR allegations.

No, he made the statement that he disciplines them according to DFS rules. Which I took to mean...as we all know by now...by law we can't spank our children...teachers can't lay a hand on them, etc, etc, I think he was being sarcastic and saying that he disciplines his children by the rules of DFS. I'm probably not being clear. If DFS says all you can do is give your kids a time out or take away a prized possession, etc then that is what he does. It doesn't mean that DFS has been to his home and told him what he can and can't do with the kids. He goes by the law or rules.

From the NG transcripts tonight:

GRACE: I get it. I get it. I get it. I just find it very unusual that at this juncture, when we`re in a search for little Haleigh, after all these years of living in the home -- she tells me on TV tonight that she never observed any abuse on the children. She`s waited until this time, when she has a framework in place to accept donations, that she`s now claiming abuse against the father. She had three opportunities to tell a judge. Never told them.

And Ms. Picazio, is it true that DFACS was at home in the last month and found no substantiated to these claims? They have not moved forward on these claims.

I thought I had read or heard this somewhere before. But, I can't find where, but did find it on the NG transcrips. Bolded by me

Well,one thing I can say,Crystal had most of that show and never one time did she mention anything about Haleigh.Not to talk to her or anyone who had her,that spoke volumes to me.

Jenmrk
Hello,I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that,so many are relating to you,because of what they went through,also.I believe with Crystal and Ronald here,is they both needed to grow and change,I'm sure this will do it,but everyone had hoped they would work together.
I would love to wake up and know Haleigh has been found and at Sheriff's Office.

Well,one thing I can say,Crystal had most of that show and never one time did she mention anything about Haleigh.Not to talk to her or anyone who had her,that spoke volumes to me.

Did Nancy prompt her for a message like she did with Ron the prior night ? It shouldn't have taken a prompt on either Ron's or Crystal's part. I'm just asking.

Jenmrk
Hello,I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that,so many are relating to you,because of what they went through,also.I believe with Crystal and Ronald here,is they both needed to grow and change,I'm sure this will do it,but everyone had hoped they would work together.
I would love to wake up and know Haleigh has been found and at Sheriff's Office.

Thanks for the welcome, this case just hit me hard, Caylee did too but for some reason Haleigh has affected me more, the sad thing is that if it were not for all of the family drama being created Haleigh's face would more than likely not be on the news as much. I only pray that no matter how this ends up that both children end up in a safer place, hopefully with Haleigh smiling and laughing and breathing.

No, he made the statement that he disciplines them according to DFS rules. Which I took to mean...as we all know by now...by law we can't spank our children...teachers can't lay a hand on them, etc, etc, I think he was being sarcastic and saying that he disciplines his children by the rules of DFS. I'm probably not being clear. If DFS says all you can do is give your kids a time out or take away a prized possession, etc then that is what he does. It doesn't mean that DFS has been to his home and told him what he can and can't do with the kids. He goes by the law or rules.

He said he disciplined her according to what DFS told him he could do. I took that to mean that on one of their "several" visits to Ron Cumming's address that they were talking to him about his discipline methods of his children. It was mentioned at a press conference that DCF had been out to that address a number of times in the last 5 months.

Unfortunately I don't have time to read more than the first 3 pages...

I have always had major issues with CS. Get the 'Susan Smith vibe' since day 1 (I know, she wasn't in the area). The clip of her crying and begging seems phony.

I agree with those that believe NG is harder on CS because of the timing. Her atty seemed unclear and unprepared. She knew about the abuse and reported it to DCF, when? No wait, she didn't know until now, thus the odd timing? Puhleeze. Jose Baez lite.

No one gets a pass from me but CS is still beyond hinky in my book.

I am new here but I feel the need to just jump in, I am 41, but I had my daughter just prior to my 18th birthday. I married a spoiled mama's boy from a well off family, they are the type of family with their heads in the sand, if one of the kids got into trouble it was quietly "taken care of ". I had 3 children in 4 years of marriage with him. I spent 4 years being physically and mentally abused, our daughter had 22 surgeries before she was 11 years old, he was only there for a handful, this same man took the kids for a weekend and refused to bring them back, he had a trashy GF at the time who had left her husband and her kids in the middle of the night to be with my ex, he thought he had a new mommy for his kids and that it would be cheaper to have them than to pay CS, which his parents were actually paying at the time. We are in Florida also, I could not find him, he filed a petition with the courts to have emergency custody saying that I was not taking care of the kids needs, I had a job, paid my bills, no help from the state and he made up all kinds of horrible things about me, he told my children that I didn't want them anymore. I found that out later on. I went to give a deposition and within 4 hours he was on his way back from Panama City to Pensacola with my kids, the tables turned. I had proof of his neglect and "issues", he ran away scared, after that he didn't see the kids for almost a year. Our youngest turned 18 last Dec and that ended my hell with this man, he felt that we were his possessions and that even though I am remarried to a LEO he still tried to control me, he tought he was untouchable. If you have not been in this situation with a man you can not imagine what it does to you, there is so much more to my story but that is the "nice" version of it. I feel that Crystal went through it with RC and that Misty is just beginning, however I have a feeling the drug use is heavier with Misty. I think that RC loves his children but I think that he does not have boundries as to where love and protect are, that he is just very controlling and that temper is an issue. I can also tell you that interfering with custody can be as simple as taking someones child across county lines without consent. I had a issue with my daughter and a older guy and all that we could get him for was sneaking her out of the house and taking her across the county line. I am jumping all over the place here but has anyone thought they maybe the rumor is true that RC is an informant and that this is all maybe form a deal gone wrong and his family was left unprotected by LEO and that is why LEO is so quiet, also my husband mentioned that maybe Ron is more than an informant, possibly deep undercover Narcs officer, though with the marriage to Misty it seems unlikely, all though look at Drew Peterson. I do wonder about all those dropped charges though, my brother inl-aw is LEO also and when he went undercover he behaved and looked like the scum of the earth. I am like most of you, this case has me so baffled. I can't form an opinion because too much is out there, but just no the right information such as what LEO is withholding. I think they have a clue as to who and what happened but you can't charge someone twice if you screw up the first time, so I think they are waiting for someone to slip up or crack.The sad thing is that both families have issues and Haleighs disappearance may or may not have anything to do with it. I sat here the other day and thought back on my life and thought about if I were in this situation how would my life look if it were out there for the world to see. I have never done drugs, have never been arrested , but I can imagine someone somewhere could make me look guilty as sin and that is scary.It is because the stats are that it is more than likely a parent when this happens. I can't bring myself to not pray for both families when I pray for Haleigh, but in the back of my mind I am wondering am I praying for a killer? I hope and pray that she is found alive, it would be a miracle. I just had to vent. I am also curious as to Nany Grace with Crystal. I think that her maternal feeling are so strong maybe that it has clouded her views, we all love our kids but not all kids live in a home with 2 loving parents with the same economic and social perks as Nancy, sometimes you make decisions that seem right at the time or you feel pressured, eventually it comes back to haunt you. I think that Crystal is dealing with that now. I think she just gave up fighting Ron and tried to move on, not the best way to deal with things but maybe with her family it was all that she could do, she has support now, but maybe not so much then, also has anyone noticed that her fiance has not been around much. I know that it seems like I am siding with CS, I am not, just trying to maybe see how it could be for her.
I just want Haleigh to come home. I can not understand why no one is out looking for her more? I imagine my spelling and grammar is way off on this , please ignore it. I am at work going into overtime and I am too tired to correct all that right now. Also , I have heard NG mention this board so I do want to say to Nancy Grace, I have always respected you but tonight you lost some of that, your interview with Crystal was not focused on helping find Haleigh, you looked like Geraldo!
Welcome to WS and thank you for sharing your story. It is important for others to understand that CS was young and dumb and actually still is young and dumb. I believe that she was abused by RC. And Nancy really ticked me off last night the way that she was talking to CS's attorney about CS. CS's little girl is missing, she is afraid for the life of her son and shouldn't she be? What if she wasn't? Then everyone would be bashing her for that. She can't win. I don't know who to side with either at this point but I am leaning towards CS because I simply don't trust RC or MC and I wouldn't want to be left in a room with RC because I do think he has a violent temper and I am not so sure that I believe his crying and begging for Haleigh. It seems very forced and he doesn't look out in the world like he should - he looks down. He has a rap sheet but seems to act like he never did a thing wrong.

There are lots of nice pictures of Haleigh with RC and they show a loving father. There are lots of nice pictures with KC and Caylee too . . . and Caylee is dead. It could be that MC is covering for something that RC did or knows.

Someone said above that CS didn't mention Haleigh or reach out to her. She has done this in the past. Do you really think someone has Haleigh and is making her watch the NG show so she can see the pain in her parents' eyes and then say . . . look, your Mother didn't say hi to you? That's a little farfetched. CS was there for Haleigh . . . not because she felt like being bashed by NG.

Thanks for listening!

There are somethings that have bothered me about a few interviews and press conferances. Misty sounds like she is reading a cue card on that last interview with Art Harris , and on the Justice League press conferance I was not impressed with either parents plea for Haleigh, what bothered me the most was when Ron was talking the sheriff was really watching the crowd and when Crystal spoke he almmost looked angery like he wanted to say something. I am tired of Ron sounding like a robot. If any of my children were missing I would be on every tv station with red swollen eyes, snot running down my face, a mess basically. I don't know maybe they are on something for anxiety at this point, some people are so hard to read. I would hate to think that Haleigh is somewhere being taunted by some pervert by all of this drama among other things, but sadly I believe that drama has been a routine part of her life. I am just so upset with Nancy Grace for her interview last night, it did seem like she was working more for ratings than trying to help get Haleighs face out there. I am so tired of the"Tot-mom thing and now we have "Bio-mom". I just don't get her, where is her name for RC and MC-she is really showing her personal feelings and she has even gotten rude with her guest lawyers and reporters. I want fair and balanced not this Geraldo stuff, the focus was not on Haleigh. I can say that I have no issue with the Crystal wanting R-Jr with her, besides the court looks pretty even now, does Ron still have a job? Can I just say Ughhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

i agree with what marc klaas said though, all this "other" stuff is taking away from the main focal point which is FINDING HALEIGH!!!!!!!!!!

I don't need a link....I had just been thinking all along that Crystal is 24 now...so she's 22. I can go look it up...I do know there's a mistake on the police report with regards to her age. No biggie...just me trying to get all of this straght. Which isn't easy :banghead:

she is 23 by her myspace pictures 23 birthday

Hi:

I watched NG last night. While I thought she was rude to CS and her attorney, I felt that she was making valid points. My impression of Crystal is that didn't really care that much for her children in the past. All she did was make excuses for not reporting the suspected abuse sooner. She made excuses for not living close to the kids (she apparently wanted to get away from him), made excuses for missing drs appointments and court dates, excuses for everything. Now she sees an opportunity to get junior back and probably get a lot of donations at her little centre there. As Marc Klass said, she is taking the focus off Haleigh. She is really only concerned with herself which appears to be a common theme with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member