2009.03.19 Nancy Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
She did report it... and nothing was done!
Very telling IMO
Unfortunately, that happens too often...at the expense of the child. In my area, there are countless stories of child services being made aware of abuse, doing nothing, and, subsequently, the child ends up dead.

oh come on, there is no way you can KNOW the allegations are false any more than I can KNOW they are true! Just let Child Protective Services & LE figure that out!

also, If I were Crystal and I had one itty bitty teeny weeny suspicion that RC or MC had anything at all to do with HC's disappearance, you better believe you me I'd be doing exactly what she is doing and I'd fight night and day to get my other child! She may have not had the fight in her the first time around when Ron abducted the children from Crystal - but I bet she will fight tooth and nail now!!! What mother wouldn't?? I'd want everyone looking at everything and I'd want to make 100% sure my son would be safe in RC's custody!!
The Principal of the school verified the incident DID take place at school and the injuries were a result of a fall. The Doctor who examined her DID determine the injuries being accidental and not a sign of abuse as he did not call in DCF and LE. So yes...I do KNOW they are false!

oh come on, there is no way you can know the allegations are false any more than i can know they are true! Just let child protective services & le figure that out!

Also, if i were crystal and i had one itty bitty teeny weeny suspicion that rc or mc had anything at all to do with hc's disappearance, you better believe you me i'd be doing exactly what she is doing and i'd fight night and day to get my other child! She may have not had the fight in her the first time around when ron abducted the children from crystal - but i bet she will fight tooth and nail now!!! What mother wouldn't?? I'd want everyone looking at everything and i'd want to make 100% sure my son would be safe in rc's custody!!
bravo!!

I just find it astounding that anyone would even question why a child abuse investigation should not be done in any missing child case. It seems to me that people are getting all upset one is being done. It should be mandatory in any case where a child is missing. :waitasec:

All I am seem to hear is that LE is wasting their time and resources on a child abuse investigation! I am 100% in favor of this investigation. No one can say that Haleigh was or wasn't abused until the investigation is completed. :eek:

NG has sunk to a new low, IMO.

Where did you hear that? TIA

Crystals lawyer is claiming that Haleighs injury at school was nothing more than a "scratch" on the nose, according to the report. Ok..so when is a minor scratch on the nose reason to call parents to come and pick up the child from school....and take to the ER? Obviously the school nurse was concerened enough to call Ron...and Ron was concerned enough to take Haleigh to the ER.....Also, it's obvious poor little Haleigh fell on her face with her nose taking most of the brunt. Nose injuries like that will most definitely cause one or both eyes to blacken and swell. I was hit in the nose by a soft ball when I was younger...not only did I have a swollen nose, one of my eyes stayed black for at least 2 weeks...these allegations of abuse are bogus IMO.
Also about JR...Crystal claims that Haleigh said her dad hit Jr with a stick...I'm sorry, but I question Crystals honesty....just like I question her claim that Jr told her about the man in black that took his sister. At a later time, I may be forced to eat crow on this...but I just can't see how Ron has enough power to sway 2 judges on 2 different occasions to grant him custody of those babies, force DCF to look the other way when they came out for a visit, convince Haleighs teachers, school nurse and principals to turn the other cheek if they suspected any kind of child abuse, and convince attending nurses and physicians on 2 of Haleighs ER visits not to call in child services for suspected abuse...Sooooo is Crystal and her lawyer basically saying that all of these professionals are lying and covering up for Ron, and continuing to screw her over?...Can't she just concentrate on finding Haleigh?

Nancy Grace show does not decide child abuse cases. If they have a case then they need to get thier booties in court.
Please don't confuse the two. CS lawyer is putting her mug on TV for free press.....if she had a real case she would be in a real court.

I am not confusing the two, and thank goodness NG does not decide child abuse cases. If she did, many children would be in deep trouble, IMO, due to the way she has chosen sides before the investigation is complete.

Who knows? Maybe we will see CS lawyer in court before this is over with. The real fact of the matter is that we just do not know, IMO. I could NEVER fault anyone for fighting for what they believe in.

We will just differ on this. It's all good.

I would like to know the percentage of the people who "approached" her with these fantastic stories that are related in some way to Crystal or her family.

I would like to know also. Considering the other night she claimed she had numerous horrible pictures of Haleigh and Jr that showed "proof" of physical abuse...well that ended up being 1 photo of an accident that happened in school and a bruise on the leg of Jr....where are the rest of these horrible pictures?

Wouldn't her computer show when she uploaded them to pc?

You'd think huh! Something is very, very odd with this "no date" picture stuff

Here were the two quotes from the attorney in the Harris article:

There is no date on the photo, and Sheffield’s attorney, Kim Picazio, concedes it will be hard to prove when she took it because the memory card erased the dates.
The photos show no dates, or the wrong date because Sheffield considered dates on stills “tacky” so turned that camera option off. But she insists other photos in the batch match up with family events that can be documented on a timeline.

http://www.artharris.com/2009/03/19/do-exclusive-haleigh-cummings-pix-prove-abuse/#more-1290

I originally thought the lawyer said the card was erased but I was remembering incorrectly. I'm not even sure what she means by "memory card erased the dates". Although I have transferred pictures from an older computer to a new one and the embedded data didn't transfer (all the pics now had the date of the computer transfer). But other than that I can't for the life of me, figure out what she means. I have to say I'm not impressed with this attorney.

ETA: You'd think she had saved them on her computer but she must not have... very, very strange

I remember an interview in which it was said ( RC OR HIS MOM) that Haleigh had a mild case of Turner's and did not required medication.

I don't remember this. Do you have a link? It was my understanding that Haleigh was taking some growth hormones and that she had asthma which required medication.

TIA,

Salem

The other photos were given to DCF is what I read today. Might be wrong, but might be right!

Well, it could also be considered tacky to curse a fit with the 911 operator! I do not see tactfulness on either side here, IMO!

In many posts.

funny how we can all read the same things and come away with different perspectives and interpretations of what was meant by a poster and a post.

I haven't seen anyone that thinks an investigation of any alleged abuse of any child is not needed. I haven't seen anyone here say outright that it was a waste of resources to investigate anything about Haleigh. Interesing how we all read differently.

oh come on, there is no way you can KNOW the allegations are false any more than I can KNOW they are true! Just let Child Protective Services & LE figure that out!

also, If I were Crystal and I had one itty bitty teeny weeny suspicion that RC or MC had anything at all to do with HC's disappearance, you better believe you me I'd be doing exactly what she is doing and I'd fight night and day to get my other child! She may have not had the fight in her the first time around when Ron abducted the children from Crystal - but I bet she will fight tooth and nail now!!! What mother wouldn't?? I'd want everyone looking at everything and I'd want to make 100% sure my son would be safe in RC's custody!!

I don't see it that way.
I don't think that CS believes that Ron or Misty had anything to do
with Haleigh missing.
I think the only reason CS is doing this custody thing now is because
people have questioned why CS did not have custody of her
other "bratz" in the first place and IMO she is JUST NOW trying to make
herself look like the caring mother she should have been 4 years ago because she doesn't like looking bad in the media!
Ron has had custody of them since 1005.... why did she not care about their
safety UNTIL NOW?
Makes you wonder if Haleigh hadn't gone missing... would she have done anything about the "abuse"?
JMO

The Principal of the school verified the incident DID take place at school and the injuries were a result of a fall. The Doctor who examined her DID determine the injuries being accidental and not a sign of abuse as he did not call in DCF and LE. So yes...I do KNOW they are false!

CS says that she was told about the incident on the playground. What the lawyer is saying is that they don't believe that all the injuries were from that fall. Don't get me wrong, the injuries could have happened in the fall. However, if CS doesn't believe that to be the case then why shouldn't she report it?

It seems to me that CS did believe the playground story, however her relative did not. That is why the picture was taken. Look at it this way. CS believes the story, no problem there. Jr had marks on him that she did question, and called the authories, now Haleigh is missing. Maybe now she is reconsidering what she originally thought because her child has disappeared.

I have read all over the board about how CS said that Ron loved the kids and how they loved Misty at the beginning of all of this. However, now the police are saying that they can't clear anybody, and that Misty is the key to the disappearance. So, yeah, maybe she is looking back on everything that has happenned and trying to figure out where her child is. And now things maybe don't seem so innocent to her.

To me this makes total sense. She could be wrong. But she is entitled to do whatever she needs to protect her children. She also has a duty to tell LE everything. Even the most smallest of details regarding this situation. Just as Ron or Misty should. They should tell LE about anybody who paid special attention to Haleigh, or even that on the day Haleigh went missing the child support thing that came up.

Mark Klaus told LE to go ahead and investigate him, so that they can rule him out and find the person who took his daughter. So what is so wrong with LE doing the same thing to this whole family. Until they rule these people out they have to look at all the angles. All of them. IMO

1. The principal couldn't possibly know for certain as Haleigh missed many many days after that initial fall from the monkey bars. They would have absolutely NO WAY of knowing what that child's face looked like from that first day, to the next, to the next, and so on. I suspect what the Principal meant is that they did not see any direct signs of abuse and that the injuries that first day/first visit to the ER were a result of a fall at school.

2. OK, well countless kids in this country are abused every single day and there are no outward signs for school officials to see. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen, just means it wasn't seen/noticed.

3. On the second visit to the ER, her records from the prior visit should have been pulled and compared to the first visit. Did this happen?? probably not. I'd like to see the records from both visits and compare the injuries as noted by the attending nurse/physician. Would they match up? or would there be additional injuries on the second visit?? That is what is being alleged by Crystal... additional injuries. I'm sure Child Protective Services will compare the records from the visits. I'm sure the kids reg med records will be pulled and scrutinized as well.

4. Do I think Ron abused his kids? I haven't a clue, but I definitely think it should be looked into. If they see no evidence of it, great - nothing would make me happier than to know this beautiful little girl wasn't physically abused at home! But, her mother has every right to make this inquiry!!!

5. This is the second time Haleigh has been abducted and often that is forgotten by some posters around here. This is the second time Crystal has had to deal with her daughter being taken - and frankly I'm just shocked by the lack of sympathy about that. Sure nobody broke into her home and took Haleigh and JR, but someone did take them, it was Ron!!!

I just find it astounding that anyone would even question why a child abuse investigation should not be done in any missing child case. It seems to me that people are getting all upset one is being done. It should be mandatory in any case where a child is missing. :waitasec:

All I am seem to hear is that LE is wasting their time and resources on a child abuse investigation! I am 100% in favor of this investigation. No one can say that Haleigh was or wasn't abused until the investigation is completed. :eek:

NG has sunk to a new low, IMO.

I agree! Child services is investigating and if they don't find much to prove, then Crystal can still take it all to court in a custody hearing. I can't see how it's taking LE's focus off finding Haleigh at all. IMO, Crystal has enough already to win custody. A little girl was taken, there's many inconsistencies in the story, and Crystal seems to have lots of witnesses who have told her things. NG has definitely sunk low. There's still a little boy around right now who needs to be taken care of. The child's mother is lots better to be raising him than a teenager who can't get her story straight.

funny how we can all read the same things and come away with different perspectives and interpretations of what was meant by a poster and a post.

I haven't seen anyone that thinks an investigation of any alleged abuse of any child is not needed. I haven't seen anyone here say outright that it was a waste of resources to investigate anything about Haleigh. Interesing how we all read differently.

So true! I personally don't believe, based on many different things that I won't rehash here, that Ron abused the children. However, I would never argue against an investigation by the proper authorities in the proper way (i.e., not on the national friggin media every night). It's the way they are going about this that is questionable IMO. And actually I don't even blame Crystal for wanting custody. What I have a problem with is the "shock and awe" she's trying to use to accomplish her goal. I don't think it serves anyone well "including" Jr, the child she's trying to protect.

Wasn't it said on one of the WS threads that a relative worked for DFC? Or was it a friend? I wish I could find it. We know for a fact one works for a local pd.
Yes, schools do cover some things up either to avoid lawsuits or an insurance hike or a messy investigation. Some schools can't afford to staff a full-time nurse so they have one visit once a week. Office staff cope as best they can with kids illness or injuries during the meantime.
If LE names a POI, I think that a dozen relatives would immediately provide an alibi, whereas if LE has solid evidence in hand...
I wonder if the FBI brought in people to search the whole neighborhood and its homes at once - not people who are related or who live anywhere near Satsuma - if they'd find anything that was previously "missed" somehow.
When MC "ran off" for 3 days, how did RC find her? and who was caring for the children during that time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liskfanatic63