2009.08.05 State Deposition of George Anthony

A number of people have been wondering about the "incident" George referred to as occurring on the 3rd or 4th of September. For some reason, it is the time he stops stalking his personal suspects. Going through the news articles from September 3rd and 4th, I've posted the events reported in news articles those days. What was George referring to? Take your pick!

September 3rd, 2008

Casey is charged with six more counts in the check fraud case
Cindy called 911 about heated protests at her house
It came out that high levels of chloroform had been detected in the trunk of Casey's car
TES was planning on calling off the search due to conflict with Cindy Anthony, OCSO donate $5000 to TES
Investigators removed bagged evidence found by searchers in Blanchard Park
It was reported Mark NeJame was considering signing on with George and Cindy
Cindy Anthony claimed her identity was stolen

September 4, 2008

Cindy Anthony blasts Leonard Padilla and Tim Miller
Casey's $3000 bond is posted (she remains in jail on the $500,000 bond)
NeJame agrees to represent George and Cindy
Preliminary results on the head hair with the apparent "death band" come back
Leonard Padilla insinuates that Lee could be Caylee's father
Tim Miller fires back a response to Cindy
Casey bonds out for the second time, she is released the next day
...or the "unknown". Yikes!!

Did George go after one of the protestors...it definitely sounds as if HE was involved in something? Hmmmm...

I'd also like to revisit how George fared financially during separations.

I believe he was also financially dependent? Alternately, perhaps wages George did bring have been under-valued verbally, but in reality that occassional second income encouraged Cindy to welcome him back into the fold?

Or, perhaps he was simply valued for his gardening/gas can/shovel abilities? We know he was quite the maintenance man and knows how to organize garages & sheds, too.

..not to mention------detailing the cars "every week or other week" ( per lee ) cindy says he would wash the cars of their Visitors! even.
..the white sunfire sure looks shiny and spotless in the pics of it in the forensics bay------------i'm sure it didn't arrive home that clean after 2 weeks in the tow yard..

One thing I did note is that apparently Cindy (have not read hers yet) lied and told LE that George had changed the locks on the garage and he said he never had...not for many many years, nor the front door locks...He DID say he had changed the KEYPAD on the front door around a year ago...keypad equals alarm doesn't it?[/quote]

bbm....keypad is not an alarm, just a keyless entry where you hit the number code to unlock the door ( as opposed to using a key).

..not to mention------detailing the cars "every week or other week" ( per lee ) cindy says he would wash the cars of their Visitors! even.
..the white sunfire sure looks shiny and spotless in the pics of it in the forensics bay------------i'm sure it didn't arrive home that clean after 2 weeks in the tow yard..

Was he asked that in hid depo, did he clean the car? I agree the car is spotless, I have a white car and I wash it constantly. They are very hard to keep looking clean, imo. The CSI folks describe the outside condition of the car as "clean" on page 3175.
http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/0121/18530363.pdf

One thing I did note is that apparently Cindy (have not read hers yet) lied and told LE that George had changed the locks on the garage and he said he never had...not for many many years, nor the front door locks...He DID say he had changed the KEYPAD on the front door around a year ago...keypad equals alarm doesn't it?[/quote]

bbm....keypad is not an alarm, just a keyless entry where you hit the number code to unlock the door ( as opposed to using a key).

I can't wait till they get him on the stand on Friday!

George, Cindy and Brad have been supeanaed (can't spell even well enough for a spell check.):waitasec:

Yes, he is - George, Cindy and Brad. We've been guessing why all week.

Do we know what the hearing on Friday is supposed to be about? Have they released what it is that the judge is supposed to be hearing? That may help in figuring out what the trio were called to testify for.

ETA nevermind, went back and checked the friday hearing thread and the only things I can see that may relate to George and Cindy would be the videotaped family visits they want destroyed or MAYBE the death penalty dropped.

Do we know what the hearing on Friday is supposed to be about? Have they released what it is that the judge is supposed to be hearing? That may help in figuring out what the trio were called to testify for.

ETA nevermind, went back and checked the friday hearing thread and the only things I can see that may relate to George and Cindy would be the videotaped family visits they want destroyed or MAYBE the death penalty dropped.

When DC worked for whom is also a possibility.

When DC worked for whom is also a possibility.

True, forgot about that one. You were looking for the interview with neighbor Brittany? I found it but can't remember what thread you asked about it on now. Brain is fried.

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/080509 George Anthony Depo Pgs 151 - 200.pdf
Starting on PDF page 28, or transcript page 178

SA: Anything else out of the ordinary happen the rest of that morning?

GA: No. definitely not.

SA: I know you relayed a number of times you were watching a show on the Food Network, the last thing you did before --

GA: As a matter of fact, I remember that specifically at that time. It was about ten minutes to 1:00 that day on the 16th of June. I was watching one of my favorite shows on TV, and it's called Drive-Up Diners and Dives. And to say I'm sort of hooked on it, I guess I am. I was watching it and I remember Casey and Caylee, you know, leaving and the last time I saw Caylee.

SA: Were you outside the house when they actually left or were you inside?

GA: I walked with Caylee and Casey out when they left to get in their car and go.

SA: All right. And did you -- did you assist Casey in, like, putting Caylee in the car seat, buckling her in, anything like that?

GA: Just hold -- held the door open while she buckled Caylee in the back passenger rear side and, you know, just blew her a kiss, told her I loved her and, you know, "Jo-Jo will see you later."

Brought this quote over from the body language thread....I am a little wary of this version from GA, because I think it would be a weird routine for grandpa to walk out his daughter and blow kisses goodbye on a regular work-day basis...lemme try to 'splain-

If you are visiting relatives and it's time to leave, or leaving home on for an extended trip, I can see why your parents would walk you out in this manner. But on a daily basis, is it odd that dad would get up, walk outside, hold the door, blow kisses, etc?
Now, if he was having a conversation with KC about something, I can see that....if Casey was leaving for a while (not a stay at Zenaida's, or "I'll be home later,"), I can see that, too.
If this was a normal day, why not just wave bye from his lazy boy? Cause KC & GA were so darn close and cuddly? Puh-leeze.
Just seems a little embelished (like he made it up), or if it is true, seems he would have known they were leaving for a while to go through this huge goodbye scene. Or maybe was having an important conversation or feeling about what KC was up to next.
Just something off about it, IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonaldGef
Back