2010.07.26 - Kyron Horman case featured on Dateline

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're right, and for that reason I don't believe in the beginning Desiree thought that Terri was involved in Kyron's disappearance, because I don't see her leaving her child with a person she felt was dangerous or even had the potential of being so.

She spoke of her 'motherly instincts' with that initial call, but I think that was more a result of her (obvious) dislike for Terri than actually believing she'd harmed him in any way. Other than that interview, all others indicate she never suspected Terri could have done this --- until they all learned of the murder-for-hire plot.

Maybe that's true. I also think - even blended family dynamics aside - that when something terrible happens and there's someone to blame, your innermost feelings about those around you bubble to the surface and whatever nagging feelings or flags you've had about someone suddenly seem relevant.

I guess the closest analogy would be if you found out your spouse cheated on you, and suddenly a superfast slide show of all the little unconnected dots of weird, isolated moments or odd behavior flashes in your head and you feel like you've "always known", even if the day before you found out you would have classified your spouse as honest and faithful.

Neither one says Terri was Desiree's friend. That was what I was asking about, because a post on another thread said Desiree (and Kaine?) told WW that it was Terri and her friends claiming that Desiree and Terri were friends before Kyron was born. The only thing I've found yet regarding that claim comes from Kaine's side of the family.

And regarding what was quoted here, if Kaine was cheating with Terri while Desiree was pregnant (and according to him, was separated while still living together), it's very likely Terri WAS in Kyron's life from the beginning.
She may have been in KH's life since Kyron was born, but she was not Kyron's 'primary caregiver' since he was three days old (as quoted by her friend and strongly implied by his mother).

It was really sad when Desiree said Kyron would be home by August, to go on the houseboat vacation.

I dont see for one moment why Terri would be surprised that Desiree said she was coming there immediately. Kyron had already been missing for SEVEN hours and in addition it was meant to been Desirees weekend to have Kyron so she would have had plans to go down there already. It wasnt a case she was going there solely on the strength of the phone call..she was due there so i dont get why Terri would be surprised she would show that day.

JMO

According to the interviews with KH and DY, it was TH who was going to be driving Kyron to Eugene to meet up with DY. DY was not expected to come all the way to them.

So back to that bed for a moment: I could see if Kyron had just left and was coming back to the bed in the evening and leaving the bed unmade. But he'd been gone for two weeks. And now his bed remains unmade another near 9 weeks, toys on the floor (out of the way, I did notice) and one singular picture on the wall in a hallway with no other pictures to show Kyron lived there.

It all seemed so staged.

I never could understand why Kyron's bed was not made for all that time prior to Kyron's disappearance. You would think that clean linens would go on the bed for when Kyron showed up the next time.

She may have been in KH's life since Kyron was born, but she was not Kyron's 'primary caregiver' since he was three days old (as quoted by her friend and strongly implied by his mother).

Yes, I do not understand that at all. Unless there is some information that is missing about DY's health or state of mind after the birth, there doesn't seem to be any reason to think that TH was the PRIMARY CAREGIVER from the age of 3 days.

According to the interviews with KH and DY, it was TH who was going to be driving Kyron to Eugene to meet up with DY. DY was not expected to come all the way to them.

Do you happened to know which interview KH and DY indicated it was TH that was going to drive Kyron to meet DY half way?

I just find it odd that TH was the one to do the exchange since she has the baby, and KH was home in the afternoon. Also since KH is the father and should be making the exchange between parents or at least going with TH to help with two children in a long car ride roundtrip. :crazy:

Patty - Did you get a chance to tape the Dateline show? I still can't find the whole show on-line. :blowkiss:

I wonder if because Kyron shared a room with Desiree's teenager that Desiree did not get a chance to get in there much when Kyron wasn't there, hence the unmade bunk bed. Teenage boys are not famous for keeping their rooms neat or wanting mom in there cleaning. (It's a little strange she would not have changed sheets and had his bed ready, but not earth-shattering.)

But that's not what she said. Specifically she said she stiffened up because the new wife of her ex-husband was hugging her and she didn't understand why she would do that. In fact, she seems to refer to Terri and Kaine's time together as specifically ONLY with regard to the length of their marriage.

And in the next press conference, Desiree reached over and took Terri's hand and held it.

But still...Desiree was still travelling that day to see her son.

Okay, I have tried my utmost to keep an open mind and worked vigorously to avoid jumping to any conclusions about the circumstantial evidence that has been mounting daily against Terri. I have struggled to maintain objectivity and ride that fence.

I am no longer able to ride the fence on this one. I wish I could, but I cannot. This is my offical footfall onto the Terri Horman IS responsible for Kyron's disappearance side of the fence. I will not become one of those posters who feels a need to argue with my former fence riders in an effort to get them to join me over here. They will reach their own conclusions, just as I have.

I do want to add that I do not regret my time on the fence. I felt it was necessary in order to feel in my own mind that I have not unjustly accused an innocent woman. The fact that I no longer feel she is blameless or innocent does not make me wish I had handled things any diferently.

I will still remain commited not to engage in the spreading of rumors. I still feel exactly the same way about blogger opinions, and the less recognized media outlet reporting. To me they are less credible than MSM. I willstill refrain from stating my views through the use of vemon, name calling or belittling others who have not come to the same conlcusions as I.

As for last night's dateline episode, Desiree and Tony were a BIG part of my landing, finally, on any side of the fence. My heart breaks for Desiree. It was painfully obvious that Desiree was trying so hard not to be catty or mean when discussing Terri. It was equally obvious to me that she and Tony genuinely believe Terri is directly responsible for whatever happened to Kyron, as do I now, finally.

So back to that bed for a moment: I could see if Kyron had just left and was coming back to the bed in the evening and leaving the bed unmade. But he'd been gone for two weeks. And now his bed remains unmade another near 9 weeks, toys on the floor (out of the way, I did notice) and one singular picture on the wall in a hallway with no other pictures to show Kyron lived there.

It all seemed so staged.

I tend to think other pictures were removed from the wall. Desiree has done an amazing job of keeping her older son out of all of this. I imagine his photo probably normally hangs next to Kyron, but in the continued effort to get his identity private they removed his photo before taping.

As a matter of fact, last night was the first time I have heard it confirmed through MSM that Desiree in fact has an older son.

I tend to think other pictures were removed from the wall. Desiree has done an amazing job of keeping her older son out of all of this. I imagine his photo probably normally hangs next to Kyron, but in the continued effort to get his identity private they removed his photo before taping.

As a matter of fact, last night was the first time I have heard it confirmed through MSM that Desiree in fact has an older son.

BBM

Interesting! I was not aware of that at all.

BBM

I was not aware of that at all.

I have seen a photo of him on a particular site and he is very handsome. I did not know he lives with Desiree but it sounds as though he does, from what she said.

Okay, I have tried my utmost to keep an open mind and worked vigorously to avoid jumping to any conclusions about the circumstantial evidence that has been mounting daily against Terri. I have struggled to maintain objectivity and ride that fence.

I am no longer able to ride the fence on this one. I wish I could, but I cannot. This is my offical footfall onto the Terri Horman IS responsible for Kyron's disappearance side of the fence. I will not become one of those posters who feels a need to argue with my former fence riders in an effort to get them to join me over here. They will reach their own conclusions, just as I have.

I do want to add that I do not regret my time on the fence. I felt it was necessary in order to feel in my own mind that I have not unjustly accused an innocent woman. The fact that I no longer feel she is blameless or innocent does not make me wish I had handled things any diferently.

I will still remain commited not to engage in the spreading of rumors. I still feel exactly the same way about blogger opinions, and the less recognized media outlet reporting. To me they are less credible than MSM. I willstill refrain from stating my views through the use of vemon, name calling or belittling others who have not come to the same conlcusions as I.

As for last night's dateline episode, Desiree and Tony were a BIG part of my landing, finally, on any side of the fence. My heart breaks for Desiree. It was painfully obvious that Desiree was trying so hard not to be catty or mean when discussing Terri. It was equally obvious to me that she and Tony genuinely believe Terri is directly responsible for whatever happened to Kyron, as do I now, finally.

Very thoughtful post! I feel exactly the same.

What part of the story isn't the same between them? Maybe I am lost here..:waitasec:

I watched Dateline and the version of what happened between Desiree and Kaine seem to differ.....Desiree actts like they were married, expecting Kyron and then at 8 mo preg. she finds Kaine is cheating on her.....
Kaine acts like when he started cheating, they had already broke up. :waitasec:
Shortly after, they got divorce and he married TH.
it is confusing.
I dont remember Desiree ever saying she was friends with TH when her husband Kaine was seeing her?
But.....I dont understand why when she was well and back on her feet, which she seems to be being remarried, etc she didnt get Kyron back full time. I know it is her business but I dont understand.

Wrinkles... your posts make me pause... I LOVE reading them. BUT! I didn't read the last one as I haven't watched the whole show yet. I know, I know, I'm a left coastie, but... I will read it when I'm done. I appreciate your input and thought I'd let you know. (hugs n' stuff)

Hiya Gibby,

BTW, love the hairdo! (on your avatar :) and HUGS in return! :)

Catching up this AM. Wanted to thank you for the above -- it "feeeels good" to be appreciated :) Always nice to know that input is valued, isn't it?

You wrote:
>>I read back a few posts... and just started watching Dateline, but... I hope yawl don't ever have the opportunity or misfortune to delve into our family's past. We aren't The Cleavers. lol <<

Nice job of putting this major point into a torch. Cleavers? nice use LOL

As we review cases, I love when our posters stay focused and take the high road. Granted, we must look at some things to help unravel a case -- yes, there are times that we must look at things that speak to character. It kinda helps us turn puzzle pieces to see if they fit. On the other hand, when the "rock party" begins, I get nervous (we "ain't" the Cleavers either). Seems there are some who really do deserve for their nakedness to be covered, particularly during certain times in their lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lhaithco