2010.07.27 - Investigators presser - reward increased to $50,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not very often when all the information in a presser can fit into the thread title.

What was that about? We brought the family out for you. That was a bit bizarre.

I think what she meant is LE got them out there for the press but the family did not want to answer any questions. Maybe the cop did not know they weren't going to answer questions today.

IMO

Ya...I think that was a bit rude....this isn't a circus sideshow. "Come one come all and look at the distraught parents!!!"

That's how it struck me. Like they were objects to look at instead of people. Very very poorly worded. Actually shouldn't have been said at all.

...the press seemed to accept that there were no updates...AND...I notice...that neither HLN or CNN carried this presser.

Hmmmmm....

I'm a little slow today.
At some point did they heads-up the press that the presser would be abbreviated, would announce new reward, answer some submitted investigation procedural questions, but would not have other case updates?

or is no one interested, in spite of dateline's big story a few hours ago...
bbm... I don't think so Miss Peel.. because the press seemed pretty shocked and pi$$ed at the end!

Something just occurred to me.

The only case they updated was the Kyron case. No mention of the MFH plot. Clever, LE, very clever. You gave an update only on Kyron being missing, which was what everyone was watching for. I think the left hand was covering for what the right hand is doing.

So maybe something is in the works for that? I find it more telling what they didn't talk about today. Hmmm.....

My feeling on the MFH is that it is dead in the water after the reported "sting" went belly up and then went public, but that's just opinion, so that and a subway token will get you on the train.

Because they are employees of the people, via the people's tax dollars, and thereby obligated to show the people are working for the money the people pay.

And I'm very serious about that.

If that's why then I'm changing my opinion of the presser from "just weird" to shameful!!

Because they are employees of the people, via the people's tax dollars, and thereby obligated to show the people are working for the money the people pay.

And I'm very serious about that.

Yeah, but no content except money (same stuff, no real report to the public) and making sure they again repeat the mantra, *we are checking leads*. This is important as trial approaches to substantiate the inevitable no *rush to judgement* accusation which willl come from defense.

This event today was a set-up. Shame on them.

Don't we have an Oregonian Interview with Terri & Kaine to look forward to about e-mails right about now?

It's supposed to be more than emails! They said a full audio file of the whole interview with more BOMBSHELLS is coming! Well, they didn't say bombshells, but they did say some more info.

Unless you have some paint drying . . . .
actually I just put some calk around my new homemade satellite dish birdbath and it is setting up... great idea to watch that dry.... it should be much more enlightening than that presser

I would like to think that they have something but my gut tells me they have nada

I didn't think they would mention the MFH, this was a presser on the status of the Kyron investigation so that is no red flag to me.

If you believe that TH did something with Kyron in order to hurt Kaine.....then it's possible LE doesn't want Kaine speaking because it may give her a sense of satisfaction. My take on why Desiree is doing the talking.

I agree. I'm sure Kaine does have some very choice words to share. But I don't think it will help in bringing Kyron home at all.

I honestly do believe LE is making every move a very calculated one. I strongly believe that everything that is said and done is done for a reason.

It's supposed to be more than emails! They said a full audio file of the whole interview with more BOMBSHELLS is coming! Well, they didn't say bombshells, but they did say some more info.

I'm glad you clarified that! I was like oh no, don't go all Nancy Grace on us, Bean! lol

Something just occurred to me.

The only case they updated was the Kyron case. No mention of the MFH plot. Clever, LE, very clever. You gave an update only on Kyron being missing, which was what everyone was watching for. I think the left hand was covering for what the right hand is doing.

So maybe something is in the works for that? I find it more telling what they didn't talk about today. Hmmm.....

I've had my fill of hype for this week.

Perhaps they gave us a presser to tell us why their pressers will never tell us anything.

I think I did hear that part of this presser in the beginning there. :crosseyed:

They need to quit talking about money. Reminds me of some people I know and they are downright tacky.

I agree but they must be getting some complaints from the community about all the money being spent on Kyron. I think that is why he said LE would do this for any child because maybe some may have emailed, called or written them wanting to know if they would spend this kind of money if it was another child.

IMO

I think they both are just tired, weary and emotional.

53 days is a long time so it doesn't take much for the emotions to show.

IMO

Indeed. I can not imagine not knowing where my son was for 53 seconds, let alone 53 days. My brain short circuits when I even try make myself go there with my imagination.

ooooo, I missed that on my viewer... hmmmm...
one guy yelled out: "that's all?!!" and there was other grumbling about questions etc... and than LE lady says yup... that is it... but at least we brought you out the family!

The balls! Bet she wishes she didn't say thhhhaaaaaat...

I think they are getting ? about the money and time spent, since there has been no obvious progress...

I don't know if that is out of line, really. Of course we all agree that finding Kyron is priceless, and I am not disputing that - but I think that any dept who uses a lot of money with no obvious product should expect some public interest in what results they are getting. Any amount will be worth it, with the right results, but in the meantime, I can see people wanting to keep LE on its toes.

My side question to that is in connection to the "of course if any other child was missing here, we would do the same," is whether or not they can actually afford to say that on their budget. I would hope so, but they seem to be slim without that extra money they decided not to ask for. (Though I guess they could reopen the claim if they had another missing child case.)

Sorry, just rambling.

ETA: I am not getting on LE's back, as I know these things are not "solved" over night - just saying I am not shocked or horrified that people want to know how their money is being spent. MOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ingridmc4