2010.10.20 - PI Lyons Accused of Witness Tampering

I suspect that just like all the other sleazy things that Baez and company has done and gotten away with, that this will be no diffrent. He has had how many bar complaints filed against him, had to be educated on the law by the judge been caught red handed in how many lies, and yet he is still here. I don't think anything at all will be done about this and when trial comes, there will either be a mistrial or she will be found guilty and have major appeals for ineffective counsel... Anybody wanna bet?

That's a scary thought. The Bar Association has been an absolute embarrassment in allowing Baez to keep up his shenanigans.

Ok so here's my next question... what is the procedure to bring this information before the court? Does the State's Office now have to file a motion to have him removed because of witness tampering? During the next status hearing can Ashton simply stand up at the end when asked "anything else?" and bring this to the judge's attention? And then what? The judge says "STOP IT!" to the defense? What would be the way this is handled by the court? Thanks!

Gale St.John
Listen to this video about 2:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZXVIh7BE1E&feature=player_embedded#

She plays one of his messages too!

Hi there friend! Great find!!!! I cannot make out what words he is saying, can you help me? I agree with Beach, if any of our members get calls they need to say right up front that THEY are recording the conversation, then do so.

Judge Perry is going to let the defense know what time it is! Mark and Tim sure are justified that they were needing to protect their members from these folks.

My advice for anyone else should he come knocking on your door is to advise him that YOU will be recording the conversation. Then, DO IT. If you don't have a recorder handy, set another time to talk to him when you do have one. If he balks at being recorded, don't talk. But whatever you do, ADVISE HIM THAT HE IS BEING RECORDED.

This is interesting and I am not surprised in the least but it is going to be hard to prove. Granted there are 2 volunteers saying that he pressured them to change their stories, but still they have to prove it.

The biggest plus (best evidence if they can prove it), is that he misrepresented (lied about) one of the searcher's testimony to the other one. ("...engaged in misleading conduct toward another person").

I am thinking that since Mark represents TES, and they are TES volunteers, Mark is going to file official complaints, file a motion and request a hearing. The two gentlemen will be called to testify under oath as will Mr. Lyon.

If the court should find that he did step outside of his rules, we can be assured
he will be off the case at the least and charged with witness tampering at best.

He will be reported to his PI board who will do their own investigation.

The JAC will certainly review what money is pending due to him, with a renewed interest, and possibly revisit what money has been paid to him so far.

The state will look into what did the defense lawyers know about his tactics, if anyone else ever complained about his approach with them and if they should find that the lawyers knew of, endorsed, encouraged in any manner whatsoever witness tampering, there will be a very serious motion filed with the court by the state to remove them from the case. If that comes to pass, I imagine the court will hold a hearing, much like the one the court held when the defense was alleging that one of the three prosecutors on this case filed the bar complaint against Mr. Baez and the defense was asking that the prosecutors be removed (voluntarily remove themselves) from this case. Linda Kenney Baden did the arguing in court that day.
Here is the hearing section to give an example.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz5N9rNJPiw[/ame]

Mark, and these assistant District Attorneys will not suffer this without a complete, thorough investigation. KNOW THAT. The defendant has a right to a fair trial, and so do the people of the State of Florida these prosecutors represent. Judge Perry is going to ensure a fair trial is indeed what ensues. I have good faith in him.

Note that Brad had moved up to the edge of the lawyers , he , to his credit spoke up to the judge to say NO, what the defense just alleged earlier in the hearing is NOT TRUE, there is no conflict of interest between TES and his clients, mom and pop. The fact that Todd, Andrea, and Jose stood in court and argued that issue to the court, above the corrections to that claim Brad made, repeatedly was a clue into the ethics and good faith of this defense team. Now here we go again, with a much more serious matter. Judge Strickland must be in stitches.

Watch Mark Nejame at this hearing. He is a strong advocate for TES and he will handle this with enthusiasm, that is one thing I know for certain.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMADmtgS8Co[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fohjTaMqJE[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMDGghOlAmI[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUYPwHb7Hw4[/ame]

From Channel 9 www.wftv.com
""I felt in my mind, yes, he was trying to tamper with me, in a sense," Churchill said.

"As far as I'm concerned, it's almost like tampering with other witnesses to misrepresent the truth that way," Reilly said.

Both say the exact area on Suburban Drive where Caylee's remains were found December 11, 2008, was under water and unsearchable until the month before.

Churchill had already been questioned under oath by the defense for two and a half hours, but says that didn't stop the defense investigator from going to his house and lying to him about Reilly's story.

"He basically was asking me if what I said in my deposition was the exact story because he had others who fared differently, one of them being Brett Reilly," Churchill said.

Reilly says he warned Lyons not to twist his words after seeing what the defense has done to others. He says Lyons promised not to, but then found out he did exactly that.

WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer says the defense investigator is traveling through dangerous territory.

"The statute specifically says you cannot engage in misleading conduct," Sheaffer said.

Reilly said he complained to defense attorney Cheney Mason about the situation and both told the sheriff's office."
You bet your life there is an investigation going on as we sit here this morning and if warranted there will be a hearing. I saw this somewhere about a year ago regarding how hard Mr. Miller fights to protect the TES volunteers

You don't tug on Superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask of the ole Lone Ranger
and you don't mess around with Tim!

Go Kathi!!!

This is the epitome of why the judge is holding their feet to the fire regarding the trial date. Guess which list these two gentlemen was on that the defense could have talked to, when the judge made the list available to the defense, that the defense never bothered to pick up and Mark had it hand delivered to Baez's office, over a year ago?
The original 32 searchers!!!!
You just can't make this stuff up!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4884639&postcount=1"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - All Texas Equusearch-Related Filings MERGED[/ame]

This reeks of desperation....they have no defense so they will stoop to the lowest level available to them...

It first started with DC, when Baez allegedly told him if he found Caylee's remains, not to call 911...nothing came of this...at least not that I remember. Now I also believe in DC's emails the mentions to Lucas that Simon Birch is untouchable...did he try to tamper with this witness??? This is no big surprise especially with LB and the alleged fradulent document...I only wonder what His Honor will say...Seems 10/29/10 is another status hearing, ICA will be in attendance since there are motions on the calendar to be heard...The sealing of the jail records...Caylee's justice is smelling sweeter and sweeter..as we've said all along, they have no defense..JMHO

Casey Anthony defense motions to be heard Oct. 29
Defense expenses and jail records on the agenda
October 20, 2010|By Anthony Colarossi, Orlando SentinelSeveral defense motions in the Casey Anthony case, including issues over sealing her jail records and having the state pay for certain defense costs, will be taken up during a hearing on Friday, Oct. 29.

Court officials also announced today that Casey Anthony will attend the hearing scheduled for next week at the Orange County Courthouse. Casey Anthony has not appeared in court for the last couple of hearings and was not required to attend those.

Part of the hearing late next week will cover a recent defense motion asking the court to reconsider sealing Orange County Jail commissary records, telephone calls and visitation logs.
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...ttorneys-jose-baez-casey-anthony-defense-team

This reeks of desperation....they have no defense so they will stoop to the lowest level available to them...It first started with DC, when Baez allegedly told him if he found Caylee's remains, not to call 911...nothing came of this...at least not that I remember. Now I also believe in DC's emails the mentions to Lucas that Simon Birch is untouchable...did he try to tamper with this witness??? This is no big surprise especially with LB and the alleged fradulent document...I only wonder what His Honor will say...Seems 10/29/10 is another status hearing, ICA will be in attendance since there are motions on the calendar to be heard...The sealing of the jail records...Caylee's justice is smelling sweeter and sweeter..as we've said all along, they have no defense..JMHO

Like a broken record, I am (BBM)....they do not have to put forth any defense at all, let alone do this crap! The burden is upon the state.

This is defense attorney culture gone terribly astray. Defend her rights, be an adversary of the application of the law by the state, por favor, that's all a defense attorney is reasonably required to do!

Appeal. Heaven. Just keep tacking on the years that she will be in appelate court, and she might as well be serving life even if she gets the DP. And frankly, that's not a win, for JB to get her to appelate court-A win would be a not guilty verdict, which ain't gonna happen now by the defense's own hand, I would argue....or even a plea, HELLLOOOOOOO! JB and his client flushed the possibility of KC serving under 20 years down the crapper.

If I am the state, should she appeal on ineffective council, I am giong to point out the long list of people that tried to tell KC to look into another attorney early on-Her brother, her parents, IIRC, even TraceyM said KC gushed about JB, so the choice to keep him is soooo on KC.

So one would have to ask KC this-Would you rather dump him and get an effective attorney now that might be able to get you out of this (fat chance, IMO, but perhaps KC could be convinced), or would you rather keep JB and face the prospect of sitting in this hole forever, be convicted and go through the appeal process? Why not find someone competent now and try to avoid sitting in jail any longer? Oy.
They are out there, you know? Good defense attorneys, I mean, that don't jump on board the KC party train simply because of the pub. Our own RichH-Don't know him personally, but I can believe that he would be able to take this case on for the right reasons (or someone like him)....or a freakin public defender....

Was there ever a doubt that this would eventually happen? I honestly think it's not only possible, but very probable; that the defense is doing this carp on purpose and it has appeal written all over it. jmo
I believe at this point; getting an appeal on the grounds of ineffective counsel is their ultimate goal. Again this is just my opinion.

Sadly all those fears of MN & TM did come full circle....shameful behavior...why is everyone and anyone other than the a's victimized?????? :furious::furious:

Sadly this doesn't even surprise me...wasn't it stated a few weeks ago when they finally went in that some of the phone calls went above what they were supposed to say/ask????????:waitasec:

Wonder if Mark is burning some night oil on this and we see a motion filed shortly on behalf of TES?

Don't you wonder if Mark has the motion already done and was just waiting....(past behavior on part of the defense---Mark doesn't trust the defense and I'm sure this wouldn't even surprise me)--

I'm not sure KC can claim ineffective counsel because everything JB has done has been to try and benefit his client in creating reasonable doubt. What is KC going to claim, "JB lied to try and get me out of jail, JB deliberately made himself look as if he was inexperienced to get me another trial." What can she claim? Everything we have seen him do so far is an attempt to make her look not guilty and the perfect mother in the eyes of the public. JMO

Originally Posted by ThinkTank
Here are the photos of the back of J Lyons.
Fla*mom - could you please tell us if the man in the blue shirt, sitting in the audience, in front of Jim L., at this May 11, 2010 Hearing is J Lyons?
Did he have a goatee when he visited you?

He did not have a goatee when he came to my house. I don't think that is him, his face seemed rounder.
did I send you a pic of the guy he looks a lot like? I wish I could make the picture bigger I would be able to tell for sure.

Please send me a pic of the guy you say looks like him. I do not have it.

When I look at the photos that WFTV posted of the back of Lyons head, with his balding hair - it looks very much like the hairline of the man in the audience at the May 11th Hearing. He could have shaved off his goatee by the time you saw him 5 months later?

Did he look like the man in the audience in the June 1 Hearing, that I attached?

Attachments

• Jerry Lyons May 11 Hearing  8.jpg
    Jerry Lyons May 11 Hearing 8.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Jerry Lyons May 11 Hearing  9.jpg
    Jerry Lyons May 11 Hearing 9.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 39
  • PI Lyons back of head Oct 19 2010.jpg
    PI Lyons back of head Oct 19 2010.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 37
  • who is this  June 1 2010 Hearing.JPG
    who is this June 1 2010 Hearing.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 52
Originally Posted by ThinkTank
Here are the photos of the back of J Lyons.
Fla*mom - could you please tell us if the man in the blue shirt, sitting in the audience, in front of Jim L., at this May 11, 2010 Hearing is J Lyons?
Did he have a goatee when he visited you?

Please send me a pic of the guy you say looks like him. I do not have it.

When I look at the photos that WFTV posted of the back of Lyons head, with his balding hair - it looks very much like the hairline of the man in the audience at the May 11th Hearing. He could have shaved off his goatee by the time you saw him 5 months later?

Did he look like the man in the audience in the June 1 Hearing, that I attached?

It could be him. The guy in the last picture looks like he has too much flesh around his neck than Lyons has. He is in pretty good shape.

P.I. Accused Of Witness Tampering In Casey Case

http://www.wftv.com/goinggreen/25455422/detail.html

Defense private investigator Jeremy Lyons is being accused by two EquuSearch volunteers of trying to change their testimony about searching the scene where Caylee"s remains were later found. One has already been deposed by the defense and the other has given a statement to investigators.

Lyons was in court recently examining EquuSearch records. He keeps a low public profile, but behind the scenes, he's talking to EquuSearch volunteers who are not happy about it.

Brett Churchill and Brett Reilly, both prosecution witnesses in Casey Anthony's murder case, feel Lyons was trying to get them to change their testimony.

Video is working now, please watch it if you were a TES volunteer! Important! You can see pic of Mr. Lyons IN ONE ABOVE.

http://www.wftv.com/video/25456545/

There is a guy in the first two pictures in the last row that looks similar to him. Can't tell if the guy is totally bald or just has his hair cut short. In thnktanks post #92

Tried to copy and paste the pictures to this post.

Hi there friend! Great find!!!! I cannot make out what words he is saying, can you help me? I agree with Beach, if any of our members get calls they need to say right up front that THEY are recording the conversation, then do so.

Judge Perry is going to let the defense know what time it is! Mark and Tim sure are justified that they were needing to protect their members from these folks.

Interesting tidbits 'watching' not just listening to this video:
1. License info screen his license number must be: A2900243 (around 3:00 mark)
2. LivLaughLuv - she has one of your post on the screen at 4:00 and also the HM blog at 2:54ish.
3. Lyons recording about 4:25 (document at 4:34 showing ?payment from state for Lyons?)

My transcription of the phone message:
'Sunday, 3:25 pm (answering machine) Hi, Miss St.John it's Jerry (or Jeremy) Lyons again ..I'm calling from Orlando and uhh, (?eggroll?) really hope that you call me back. I really do, auhh... It is really important that we speak. Uhhm, I think you go a long way in this case and, uh that's why it's really important that I talk to you. Uahm, so please (?toss those?) things around please call me back.' (Best I could do!)

Gale says she was there Aug 11th - 3 different times ( 6:57) - when she plays video it is now edited from original video to include a big green block covering the bottom of the video - wonder why???? Odd.

Public Access System

JEREMIAH LYONS INVESTIGATIONS

License Number Expires Status
A 2900243 10/05/2012 LICENSE ISSUED

Physical Address
1961 S.E. CAMDEN STREET
PORT ST. LUCIE FL 34952
(772) 812-6430

Mailing Address
1961 S.E. CAMDEN STREET
PORT ST. LUCIE FL 34952

Companion License
None

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/cg...COUNTY=00&LICENSE=A 2900243&STATUS=ORG_DETAIL

Public Access System
LYONS, JEREMIAH M

License Number Expires Status
C 2900006 02/16/2011 RENEWAL NOTICE SENT

Restricted

The home address and telephone number for this individual is restricted from
public record in accordance with the Public Records Act, Section 119.071(4)(d) F.S.

Companion License
A 2900243

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592