2010.12.17 File Turned Over to D.A.

Gosh! Had my post all written out and lost it in cyberspace!

I am glad that LE seems to have done all they can in Zahra's case and turned it over to the D.A. to charge. There will probably be no movement until after the first of the year, but then I hope to see an inditement or inditements.

JMO

Kind of OT: Investigator in Zahra case charged with DWI after crashing into tree

Falowski is listed on key search warrant documents in the Zahra Baker case. Zahra was reported missing in early October, but police said on Nov. 12 that she was dead – and evidence later revealed she had been dismembered.

http://hickory.wbtv.com/content/investigator-zahra-case-charged-dwi-after-crashing-tree

Thanks for the link, krimekat.

I do not think this will have any effect at all on Zahra's case, and I do hope no one tries to even tie it in.

JMO

JMO

Kind of OT: Investigator in Zahra case charged with DWI after crashing into tree

Falowski is listed on key search warrant documents in the Zahra Baker case. Zahra was reported missing in early October, but police said on Nov. 12 that she was dead – and evidence later revealed she had been dismembered.

http://hickory.wbtv.com/content/investigator-zahra-case-charged-dwi-after-crashing-tree

So sad, this investigator probably never saw a case like this where a child is dismembered, it's taken it's toll on everyone...I sure hope he's okay but this might just end his career...poor guy! JMHO

I'm thinking the prosecutor will send this case to The Grand Jury to get all indicted for Zahra's death. I wonder, did the autopsy report come back? JMHO

Justice for Zahra

Zahra Baker investigation file delivered to DA

Progress is being made in the Zahra Baker case.

Hickory police investigators have worked steadily since 10-year-old Zahra was reported missing on Oct. 9, and they delivered their findings to the District Attorney’s Office Thursday.

more at link:

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2...-da-ar-627244/

Please give us all a Christmas present, and make arrest(s) before Christmas!

BBM I would be happy to see them all in jail for Christmas!!!

Charges in Zahra Baker case on hold until after the New Year

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13726990

Despite giving a preliminary investigation report on the Zahra Baker case to the District Attorney last week, Hickory Police officials do not expect any decision on possible charges to come quickly.

On Tuesday, Dec. 21, Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins would not go into details, but would only say, "the investigation is not over."

Due to the approaching holidays, many of the principals that would be involved in any decision on possible charges would not be able to get together until after the first of the year.

The Catawba County Grand Jury meets on January 3rd and sources tell WBTV News that it would be difficult to have a presentation ready by that session.

In the past, District Attorney James C. Gaither has said there would be "No rush to judgment in this case, that officials would wait until all the evidence is in before deciding what to do next."

Police sources confirmed on Tuesday that not all of the lab results on evidence are back yet.

Seriously, I get tired of Christmas being used as an excuse to not get a job done. Joe Blow can't put his daily job off because of Christmas. Why does it seem like anything court related can?

Seriously, I get tired of Christmas being used as an excuse to not get a job done. Joe Blow can't put his daily job off because of Christmas. Why does it seem like anything court related can?

As someone who doesn't celebrate Christmas, I can say, in my experience, everyone uses it as an excuse to blow off work, even if they show up. Service this week is awful, everywhere, and it is impossible to get anything done before New Years now.

However, there are a great number of "Joe Blows" who are involved in charges, not just the Big Wigs in the offices, and many of them are likely off a lot of days between now and Jan 4, as well, so it's not just one special rich guy making everybody wait.

Tis the season and all that.

JMOO

ETA: I also don't think it is a small factor that the budget re-starts in January, and the media will be "back to normal." Anything done this week would just go to continuance or sit on someone's desk anyway, so, IMO, it makes sense to wait. Why rush to prepare something that isn't going anywhere for a couple weeks? (Esp if the evidence isn't ready.)

Duck, just quit making sense right now will ya? How can I have a good fit with you sounding so rational?????????????????

Duck, just quit making sense right now will ya? How can I have a good fit with you sounding so rational?????????????????

Don't worry - some day real soon, I will have a fit and you can spot me, 'kay? :blowkiss:

FWIW, I feel the meaning of "justice delayed is justice denied" quite keenly, but I also try to live my life according to "do it once; do it correctly." So, my aphorisms are at odds at the moment.

But, happy holidays to everyone! (Take the breather and enjoy it.)

As someone who doesn't celebrate Christmas, I can say, in my experience, everyone uses it as an excuse to blow off work, even if they show up. Service this week is awful, everywhere, and it is impossible to get anything done before New Years now.

However, there are a great number of "Joe Blows" who are involved in charges, not just the Big Wigs in the offices, and many of them are likely off a lot of days between now and Jan 4, as well, so it's not just one special rich guy making everybody wait.

Tis the season and all that.

JMOO

ETA: I also don't think it is a small factor that the budget re-starts in January, and the media will be "back to normal." Anything done this week would just go to continuance or sit on someone's desk anyway, so, IMO, it makes sense to wait. Why rush to prepare something that isn't going anywhere for a couple weeks? (Esp if the evidence isn't ready.)

Well, Christmas is the holiest of seasons to Christians so I understand why this week is not a week of hard work. People's minds are on family and those who are close to them. It's a time to put aside the things we worry about all year long to just focus on Christmas. I don't begrudge anyone for wanting to forget work for just that little while. The world will still be here when it's over.

But I also understand the frustration of not moving forward every day on this case. But what can you do?

Bumping for Zahra! The New Year will be here tomorrow sweetie, and you are not and never will be forgotten. Here's hoping that the New Year brings Justice for you angel!

Zahra Baker case turned over to district attorney's office

By Sarah Newell williamson
Published: January 31, 2011
Hickory Record

DA's office has the information it needs to file charges in the case, investigator says.

NEWTON --
The district attorney’s office is reviewing more than 11,000 pages of the Hickory Police Department’s investigation into the death of Zahra Clare Baker.

The police department turned its investigative file over to the district attorney’s office late Wednesday afternoon, said Eric Farr, spokesman for the district attorney’s office.

“What we’ve done is sent everything in an organized fashion that we have to make a decision on charges,” said Maj. Clyde Deal with the Hickory Police Department, and one of the lead investigators in the case.

“I’ve been with the Hickory Police Department for almost 26 years, and I don’t recall any case file being this large,” Deal said. “It’s the biggest case I’ve worked on.”

The case file the police department submitted to the district attorney’s office fills two five-inch notebooks, and includes 117 DVDs of interviews and 65 DVDs with phone records and photos, Deal said. There are 11,000 pages on discs, and that doesn’t include what the N.C. State Bureau of Investigation will submit.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...-turned-over-district-attorneys-of-ar-741995/

Q – this seems a massive amount of material for the DA's office to review. And I presume they need to review it all comprehensively in order to prepare the prosecution side in a fair trial. Does the Police Dept provide staff familiar with the case files to assist the DA's office with research? Or does the DA's office have to read each and every piece of material afresh? If the latter, it will take months!

They are probably getting this all together to have The Grand Jury decide who gets charged in this homicide investigation. If justice is delayed for a bit, doesn't mean justice will be denied Zahra...JMHO

Justice for Zahra

WBTV stated that the DA has not yet received the files from the SBI (State Bureau of Investigations). Since the FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigations) was involved, will they also be turning over files to the DA? Which law enforcement entity would be investigating KF and the $10,000...since that would be international?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519
Back