2011.05.04 Verdict Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott Peterson trial was 5 months of testimony, 7 days of deliberation. Sounds like about a work week.. i think i remember this now.. they came back after working a 1/2 day on Monday with the verdict. .I remember exactly where I was when I heard it!

I well remember too. What I remember the most vividly were the hundreds of people gathered outside the courthouse who cheered when the verdict was announced. I was thinking it was probably in pretty poor taste--however, had I lived in the area I probably would have been in the crowd cheering right along with them. I absolutely detested S. P. and his parents. Ouch!

I don't know, I recall that early on in the trial there was a lot of testimony and video of exactly what condition the entire house was in. (With the strangely selective clean areas shown.)

Their house was majorly cluttered, that does not mean they would want the kitchen and baths to be dirty.

I believe we do know it. Nancy discovered it when she attempted to use a credit card to pay the water bill so the water could be turned back on, is the way I remember it. MOO

I didn't know Nancy, and so many of her friends told so many stories that turned out to not be true, I have no idea what happened that day except the water bill was not paid and they had it back on the same day that it was turned off.

I am afraid M. Peterson is going to get a new trial based on the D. D. blood analysis done by the SBI. He's the guy who was fired several months ago and his testimony in the M. Peterson trial was so good. I really liked him during the course of his testimony in that case and I was shocked and saddened when the news came out about the SBI lab and his firing.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/9119055/

I wouldn't mind seeing this retrial..providing they charge him with the woman's murder over seas as well

Yes he was the scape-goat. No one came to his rescue to explain what the N&O blew out of proportion.

I believed every word of his testimony and he even did experiments on the blood spatter on his own time to prove various things about all of that blood, where it went, and how it got there. I was impressed with his diligence.
I hope he can find another job in his area of expertise as I, too, feel that he was railroaded. Big time.

I looked up Iron Man NC 2008 and came up with Sat, Nov 1.

He was planning to do the Lake Placid Iron Man later in July (not the 12th). I remember because my brother did the same event in 2007 and it freaked me out!

SeriouslySearching copied this from Brad's website. I'm glad because the site is gone now. Take note that Brad says he was starting training in January, 2008.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2383902&postcount=28

Many of us here commented on the toilet seat being up in the photos during trial. A woman typically puts it up to clean it or be sick in it.

But a woman also typically puts it down after she has been sick in it also.

I am afraid M. Peterson is going to get a new trial based on the D. D. blood analysis done by the SBI. He's the guy who was fired several months ago and his testimony in the M. Peterson trial was so good. I really liked him during the course of his testimony in that case and I was shocked and saddened when the news came out about the SBI lab and his firing.

Didn't it come out a year or two back that the guy who did all the blood splatter stuff was a fraud, lied about his education, credentials, and other things?

Then why wasn't her blood alcohol higher considering she drank all evening?

Did anybody else catch Boz's statement very, very early in this closing in which he mentioned 2am? He was talking about the time line from when Nancy returned from the party, the attack, the garage, and then Brad leaving at 2am out of the garage. They must think he dumped her body in the middle of the night. Unless I mis-heard it.

Layer 3 VPN.
Layer 2 is the local area network which uses mac addresses.
Layer 3 uses IP addresses.
Since the windows system event log included the mac address, the router necessarily had to be on the same LAN. Since the VPN was a layer 3 VPN, there would be no passing of mac addresses, such as via a VLAN, to some other remote location.

The router was in the house, powered on, and connected to the laptop.
The Windows System log thing about a duplicate IP on the LAN was nothing more than a ruse by the prosecution. There was some mention of it on Friday but when it came time to put the cards on the table the prosecution folded. It was never presented as evidence. There was no such log entry or they would have shown it. Also it wouldn't have taken them 2 1/2 years to find the alleged log entry. It did NOT exist.

IMO sounds like a consolidation to equity line..:twocents: they racked up credit card debit and then used the equity line of credit to pay it off, so they could write it off on taxes... that would be a smart way to "hold onto" debt... but be able to get some cash back and not just pay nasty interest rates..

Seriously? That's a smart way to deal with their debt?

Did anybody else catch Boz's statement very, very early in this closing in which he mentioned 2am? He was talking about the time line from when Nancy returned from the party, the attack, the garage, and then Brad leaving at 2am out of the garage. They must think he dumped her body in the middle of the night. Unless I mis-heard it.

When Detective Daniels was testifying he said that the body was dumped at 4:00 a.m.

...and anyone who goes through a divorce knows that after they close all the accounts, if you want to pay your spouse less (in this case the wife), threaten her with a custody suit and she may be willing to accept less money in the long run. Oh, there are lots of nasty divorce games, but it's not a fair playing field when one person makes all the rules.
Curious...did the $300 cover food and expenses? Something tells me BC was advised to give her just enough so she wouldn't go to court and file for emergency relief (which takes forever anyway).

ETA: don't joint accounts require both parties signatures? I was never given access to anything "joint" so I wouldn't know.

He paid all the monthly expenses, her $300 per week was for food for her and the children, both under five, and gas for her car. He bought his own food as testifed by AS per an email NC sent. He gave her over 80% of their remaining cash per month after bills.

CONTROL is a basic of DV. Nancy wanted her green card since 2001. She did not want to come back to N.C. way back then. Brad has hindered her from getting that green card/freedom, the whole time she was here.

Nancy Cooper is DEAD. Hard to deny that. And regardless of what he prosectuion did or didn't *prove*, far more people believe Brad to be factually GUILTY. They may not believe it's been proven beyond a reasonable doubt, but they believe him to be guilty. IIRC, even NCSU stated he 'thought brad probably did it'. The end result of domestic abuse/DV is death.

I'm confused. She wanted her green card but she didn't want to come back to the states. She wouldn't need a green card if she didn't come back, would she?

I've always kinda assumed Nancy didn't want to work (before early 2008), that she enjoyed not working. No?

He did have marks ... those scratches on his neck - but they weren't photographed ...

Det. D said they weren't scratches, they were rubs, he could have been rubbing his own neck. Nonetheless, there is no proof of them and without that I prefer to not take CPDs word.

Now I understand in part why you think he is innocent.

The evidence is, Brad told the equipment manager via messenger that he took the router. The router has never been returned to Cisco.

There is no proof it was never returned, and why, if GM's inventory was so tight and pristine did it take him three years to notice it missing? The other fact was that the serial number he said was missing from January 2008 was actually listed as not being manufactured until Sept 2008 according to the invoice, but GM was not able to explain that or that that serial number was listed as being in an office in Chicago.

Do you think Cisco used the same serial number on two piece of identical gear?

I had completely forgotten about the stuff under her fingernails. With Det. Daniels testifying that the marks on him were more like rubs and didn't have 'broken' skin, where else would it come from if it was blood? There has been no other testimony that there were any other marks on him other than those 'rubs' and his finger.

Didn't it come out a year or two back that the guy who did all the blood splatter stuff was a fraud, lied about his education, credentials, and other things?

He was involved in the NC State SBI lab mess that surfaced last year. I don't know about the credentials and educational aspects being fraudulent. Will have to check on that. I really liked him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwells1000