2011.05.05 Verdict Watch (day 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope everyone here takes a long lunch too! No matter which side of the fence you are on or if you've got splinters from hopping on and off, you all have been very informative.

k so the jury is off to lunch. I hope they enjoy every bite while we sit here and munch on our fingernails. LOL

< stuffs face full of chocolate >

and chocolate! don't forget some of us are done with our nails, have gotten down to the knuckles, and switched over to sugar, carbs, and lots and lots of chocolate!

</burp>

< stuffs face full of chocolate >

and chocolate! don't forget some of us are done with our nails, have gotten down to the knuckles, and switched over to sugar, carbs, and lots and lots of chocolate!

</burp>

HEY! you should share! lol

The internet brings out the worst in people.

After the Cooper trial and you have an opportunity try to catch the documentary/movie "CATFISH" about the people you think you meet and know via Facebook.

I think the deposition is a double edged sword. Some say they will see all of BC lies. I would challenge that most of those "lies" would only be considered lies if you find the state's witnesses to be credible.
Even if, as you say, you took out "most of those lies", what about the remainder of the lies? Wasn't he under oath, or did he just cross his fingers behind his back? The "real lies" if you will, are still lies, no?

Why's that? I find myself doing just the opposite for some reason. I'll be at peace with either to be honest. I can see either way. But because of that, I think NG is more just since I'd have to be 100% convinced no doubt about it before I could pull the G lever on someone's life...

I also can see this case going either way. And my life will not be enhanced or diminished by either a guilty or NG verdict.

I've watched only because this case is local to me, and I have an abiding interest in how the criminal justice system works (or does not) in NC.

In light of Duke LAX case, Innocence Commission findings, and the SBI debacle, all NC LE organizations are coming under increased negative scrutiny.

Whether you think BC is in fact guilty or not, the case has been astonishingly weak, and poorly presented by the prosecution. There was clearly insufficient evidence to sustain a charge of 1st degree murder, in the late October 2008 time-frame, for arrest.

I also find it puzzling that the two "best" witness to finally erase all doubts over guilt or innocence; Mr. M the forensic Analyst for the defense, and CFry's testimony about MAC addresses, were never heard by the jury.

Here's a repost of what I said the other day:

The core of the Prosecution's case:

Nancy Cooper, Mother of two was horribly strangled on July 12th, 2008:

But we don't know where she was killed. But trust us, it was in the house, somewhere.

We don't really know what time she was killed. But trust us it was sometime after midnight but before 11 am...

We do know that her husband Brad did the deed, but we have no evidence he transported her body in any vehicle available to him. But trust us, cause we know what we know even if we cannot prove it.

He spoofed a call @ 6:40 to provide himself an alibi, even though our lead detective said on the stand "we have no evidence he spoofed the call", but trust us he did, even if we never proved it .

And Brad did a google search of the dump site, the day before the murder, but the time stamps are all invalid, therefore it's Microsoft's fault, even though we never put a witness on the stand to prove it was just a computer glitch. But trust us, cause were the prosecution, and were the good guys.

And you folks want to convict a man on this evidence????

I stand by those remarks, and believe a jury should find BC NG. Not innocent of the crime, but NG because there is insufficient evidence to sustain a conviction. ALL IMHO

Or it could have just been when he went. I do the "coupon shopping" for our family (love me some couponmom.com and savvydollar.org), and mainly do it at Harris Teeter. I usually go after midnight because the store is completely empty. No lines, no people...it's nice.

Besides the wonderful weather of NC, I also miss HT's double, triple, and super double coupon sales. And the BOGO sales. Up here, there's a couple of stores that will double up to 50 cents and that's it. No ability to get anything for free or outrageous deals.

I believe the 30 bottles of Tide is over some period of time. Could be a year or more, possibly 3 or more? It does show a pattern that laundry detergent was mostly purchased at BJs (and not at HT).

Wasn't this defense evidence? pretty sure I remember that it was to show that the Coopers normally used Tide (as BC bought) and not All (as JA testified to).

Only thing I'd say is that if your third point was true, they would have come back with a NG verdict by now. That's the only potentially incriminating evidence in the entire trial.

If you think about it..throw out the spoofed call and everything related to it, throw out the computer forensics...jury still must piece together and agree on what happened and what didn't happen between 7/11 and the morning of 7/12.

How do you do it? BC's deposition is a good start. Verify/validate his actions (from HT vids and his claims) through past store records and phone records (for both for those days).

I have no idea why those particular crime scene photos were requested - its possible they want to determine evidence of dragging, something to do with the bra?

I'm not sure the photos they requested of the Master bath were accurate (because #5 and #6 were not photos maybe the numbering is off?). If they did want the items as requested by exhibit number...I have a thought on that but have to watch some more video first.

Very interesting article, especially this part:

Do you know what ever happened to them? Were they ever exonerated?

The first part of the paragraph you quoted is eerily familiar:

Lamb, writing boastfully in The Journal of Child Sexual Abuse, said that they made sure that jurors would not see how the "disclosures" were made, just that they would only read what social workers wrote down.

JY only made notes of BC answers to questions during interviews not the questions.

The whole "super secret FBI methods" story.

Not sure what happened to all of them. the article said 2 pleaded nolo contendere and 2 appealed and won.

Most trials I've watched (and admittedly it hasn't been a ton) have been quirky and strange to one degree or another. I've seen parents pointed at as if they were the perp, victims blamed for their own deaths, groupies formed for men who are eventually found guilty and end up on death row, murder cases bring out the strange, along with the regular folk. You always see lots of crazy theories, usually some theory includes some drug lord or drug party, lots of 'vans' talked about, friends of the victims pointed at. It does show a certain pattern as these kinds of cases progress.

The only thing guaranteed is that in the end the victim(s) stay dead, hearts are broken forever by those who loved them, people get hurt along the way (innocent people), and while there might be legal justice, there can never really be closure.

Yet another one of your attempts to make everyone who doesn't believe the state's story sound crazy. The state's story sounds less believable than any alternate theory that's been passed around, imo.

You are insistent on lumping this in with all the other murder cases of past and it shouldn't be.

If BC is found guilty, I will not consider that "legal justice".

Wasn't this defense evidence? pretty sure I remember that it was to show that the Coopers normally used Tide (as BC bought) and not All (as JA testified to).

Yep it was to show the purchase of Tide. How the jury is looking at it is anyone's guess. Juries never seem to follow the case the way each of us thinks they should, and they look at evidence in their own unique way.

After the Cooper trial and you have an opportunity try to catch the documentary/movie "CATFISH" about the people you think you meet and know via Facebook.

I saw an excerpt on 60 minutes or Dateline and it looked interesting. How did you see it? Is it on netflix?

Evidence request from jury (put together using news and video research from other posters as well - sunshine for the DEF customer loyalty recs). Does this look correct? **updated with phone rec info - thx kantoo**

STATE#s 2,3 (crime scene photos)

NC upper back
NC lower back

STATE#5 (misidentified by jury as photo - clarification request)

VFD dispatch report 7/14

STATE#6 (misidentified by jury as photo - clarification request)

WCSO deputy's notes from 7/14

STATE#s 58,59,60

Det. Dismukes photos of master bathroom (shower, shower door)

STATE#s 32,303,304,321

304: BC phone 6:43 476-2001 6:45 & 6:47 voice mail.
32: 6:05am line 6:34am call cell tower info O=other M=At&T m=other AT&T VMB=routed to voice mail SMS=text
321: mobile terminating records

DEFENSE#170 (HT receipts)

the following HT purchases:
3/18/08,milk purchased at 1:29AM
4/27/08 Milk, bananas and green juice purchased 1:10AM

DEFENSE#4 (customer loyalty records BJs)

BJ's receipts that showed the 30 bottles of Tide purchased over 3 years

Depositions: 600,601,602

BC entire 7 hour deposition for the Oct 08 civil custody case. A transcript of it that was introduced into evidence shows that portions had been redacted and withheld from the jury, which jurors are unaware of. Instead of offering the entire deposition for their deliberations, the judge told the jury he needed to know more about what they wanted. jury did not send clarification Wednesday.

O/T Speaking of FB I have been told that Social Network is excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwells1000