2011.05.06 Sidebar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the spread Ynot. I am starting laundry now, so get it in so I can have it done by monday.
I was not going to work today, but If I work people will leave me alone.
Go figure.

Both sides HAVE to know by now...even if we have been misled into thinking they haven't been told.

HHJP has to allow time for objections to venue, so they know by now.

Just got another text saying the DT has lost their jury selection consultant

Both sides HAVE to know by now...even if we have been misled into thinking they haven't been told.

Plus they need time to make reservations for their group....

YES!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for this hearing!!!! Let the FIREWORKS BEGIN!!!!:great::woohoo:

:fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks::fireworks:

:fireworks::fireworks::fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks:

:fireworks2: :fireworks2: :fireworks2:

IMO, I don't feel anyone on either side knew on Monday or knows yet where the location is on Monday.

If anyone knew on Monday, there would have been a motion files ASAP on Monday.

Looking forward to 1:00 PM EDT

slightly OT but I spring cleaned my entire house (including windows) all this week just so that I could have it done by the time the trial starts... and all I have to do now is plant my entire garden this weekend and I am all set~! ((well that and having to stay up all day after working all night but that should be the easy part))

I definetly believe almost all of this proceeding will be in camera. It is about the voir dire location and it obviously has not been released to the public/media yet, so I don't see any way they could possibly argue it in open court. They will argue location, demographics, etc...

I think we are going to be staring at the Seal of Florida for quite a while. lol

Nooo! Don't say that. :) I just happened to wake up in time for this.

slightly OT but I spring cleaned my entire house (including windows) all this week just so that I could have it done by the time the trial starts... and all I have to do now is plant my entire garden this weekend and I am all set~! ((well that and having to stay up all day after working all night but that should be the easy part))

I'll make an extra pot of coffee.

IMO, I don't feel anyone on either side knew on Monday or knows yet where the location is on Monday.

If anyone knew on Monday, there would have been a motion files ASAP on Monday.

Looking forward to 1:00 PM EDT
:seeya: Hi Patty! iirc wasn't HHJP going to tell one member of each team ahead of time (also wouldn't they have to leave this weekend to get there for set up etc?)

I also wonder if the judge has an alternate place chosen in case the defense wins their motion

This is a frivolous thought but since it's last minute will ICA have to show up in her jail clothes?

I think I just had an "Aha Moment".

Since Baez filed a motion with the Fifth District Court for an extension of time, this was a delay tactic in order for one of the defense team to learn, perhaps over the weekend, where the location will be for Jury selection on Monday.

IMO, Baez doesn't have a clue yet where the location will be and it will be interesting to watch how this unfolds at 1:00 PM EDT.

ETA: Would it be funny if the location of the Jury selection is one of the areas Baez polled at one time and would like it to be and he now has this motion before the court objecting to it!

Didn't HHJP say at one time that he would tell ONE attorney on each side on May 2 where the location he selected would be?

InSession is saying that the defense knows (and therefore, the State would know) and believe that maybe the defense planned all along to file an objection to the new venue for appellate reasons.

Just got another text saying the DT has lost their jury selection consultant

Wow, that's interesting! I wonder what is up with that? Perhaps you should start a new thread about it, Bon, so we can all discuss it.

This is a frivolous thought but since it's last minute will ICA have to show up in her jail clothes?

I hope so :)

Why does CA pick out and provide her clothes? Why doesn't the DT do that? Or is there a rule?

So if both sides know by now, does this mean just one member of each side knows? Or all know? And what is the chance that it could be leaked by a person during the hearing today? Or at least strongly hinted toward, where the DT can slip, then look at CJBP and say " oops looks like a do-over for you now" ?

DT .....object object object ........ delay delay delay

CJBP......denied denied denied ...... will proceed as scheduled

JMO

anyone else think that most of the hearing will be in camera due to the location being released to the public too soon???

how can they argue about this mystery place on live tv?

also.. don't throw things.. but I forget... does anyone know if any of them have been told the place yet???

I kinda would have thought they would have to know the place to object to it right?

((this is why I am a nurse and not a lawyer LOL))

I thought HHMP was going to tell one attorney from the state and one from the defense a week ahead of jury selection, which would have been Monday. This was to give them time to make reservations at a hotel for everyone that would be going to the jury selection location.

I think that by now, at least one per side would know........how can they form an objection if they don't know???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike