2011.07.02 Sidebar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe she was referring to the news article that has been circulating online today. It was quick but I thought I heard her say she didn't even know she was talking to a news organization. Instead she thought she was speaking with LE.IMO

I thought she said she thinks it is someone who is connected to the Defense.

Something like that, but I did hear her say connected to the defense.

LOL sometimes NG cracks me up. They are talking about LA's alleged molestation.

NG: He could have just snapped her bra strap! We don't know what is going on with Tot Mom

That is correct and it is what I said in my post. "We" know but they do not. Unless they read news articles or ignored the judge's instructions between the time of being sworn in to sequestration, they do not yet know even though "we" know and have known since they were all selected.

But do the alternates go into dilberations? I thought I heard/read they do not?

ok well if the article was possibly put out there by the defense then I won't give it another thought.
there are no limits to the levels they will sink to.

That is correct and it is what I said in my post. "We" know but they do not. Unless they read news articles or ignored the judge's instructions between the time of being sworn in to sequestration, they do not yet know even though "we" know and have known since they were all selected.

No, what I'm saying is that we don't know which of the seventeen jurors are alternates and which are the 'real' jurors. That the sequential numbers 1 through 17 doesn't necessarily mean that the first 12 are the 'real' jurors and that jurors 13 through 17 are alternates. In other words, the controversial juror #4 could end of being an alternate when the final draw is made by HHJP.

Did that make sense? Again, though, I may have totally missed the boat on understanding this.

I'm curious on who came up with the defense theory. Did Casey tell JB that Caylee drowned or did JB decide this was a good theory of defense? The allegations of sex abuse, I would think KC came up with. The Kronk connection I think JB came up with but what about the drowning theory? Who came up with it?

It would be ILLEGAL and highly unethical for Baez to make up that story himself. You are not allowed to knowingly LIE when you make up specific accusations like he did. The only way Baez would get a pass would be if his client told him that was the truth.l

Defense attorneys are allowed to insinuate and imply that others are responsible. But the story he laid out there, specifically describing particular instances accusing George of child rape--if he made those up himself he could face disbarrment. imo His only protection is if Casey told him that happened.

Anyone here think Cindy and George are spending their evening watching home videos?
:great: :floorlaugh: :great:

Jean Casarez remarked that the jurors were not taking notes yesterday. I think this jury has already made up their minds. Closing arguments by the pros will only seal the deal for them and I predict a 1st degree Guilty verdict in less than 4 hours.:woot:
BBM
Now that's what I'm talkin' about :highfive: :woohoo:

Guys, I have been following the case so vigorously for three years. At the beginning I was just wanting ICA to have to admit Caylee was dead. After the first week or so I knew she was dead. Then all the strange twists and turns kept me interested...but mostly I just wanted ICA to be held accountable. Watching all these shows on the eve on closing statements brings it all home. (Judge Janine is now ripping JB apart and praising JA). I am really going to miss the story. I feel cheated that I still don't know what happened. And I am going to miss following this with all of you. I am hoping and praying that ICA gets put away for a long long time.

It would be ILLEGAL and highly unethical for Baez to make up that story himself. You are not allowed to knowingly LIE when you make up specific accusations like he did. The only way Baez would get a pass would be if his client told him that was the truth.l

Defense attorneys are allowed to insinuate and imply that others are responsible. But the story he laid out there, specifically describing particular instances accusing George of child rape--if he made those up himself he could face disbarrment. imo His only protection is if Casey told him that happened.

Not according to the lawyer thread. On the lawyer thread it states that an attorney can come up with a theory they believe is in good faith of the evidence.

Not according to the lawyer thread. On the lawyer thread it states that an attorney can come up with a theory they believe is in good faith of the evidence.

And this is why I have been completely disgusted by our "justice" system.

Mark seems to be saying there is only one count she can be found guilty of and get the DP.

Read the tweets from the bottom up.

http://twitter.com/#!/MarkNeJame

MarkNeJame Mark NeJame
Premeditation must be proven. Aggravated child abuse will not be enough for life imprisonment. #caseyanthony @nancygracehln @vinniepolitan
4 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
»
Mark NeJame
MarkNeJame Mark NeJame
All presumed felony murder.I looked at indictment & had it researched w 2 partners today. Everyone is wrong. No felony murder. #caseyanthony
6 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
»
Mark NeJame
MarkNeJame Mark NeJame
Only County 1 is the death penalty. Counts 2 & 3 are 1st degree felony/ 30 yr. max each. @richardhornsby @wkmg @insession @vinniepolitan
7 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
»
Mark NeJame
MarkNeJame Mark NeJame
County 2, aggravated child abuse, did not allege felony murder. Max is 30 years. @vinnypolitan @richardhornsby @issueswithjvm #caseyanthony
9 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
»
Mark NeJame
MarkNeJame Mark NeJame
There is a universal mistake concerning #caseyanthony charges. My team has been researching & no felony/murder charged. Only count 1 is DP.

Even without the chloroform searches, could it not be premeditated if they believe she put three pieces of duct tape over her nose? Especially the second and third pieces would be deliberate and premeditated.

I know the neck breaking and such was discussed but can't recall hearing anything mentioned about the missing children search(es). Was that ever mentioned?

Even without the chloroform searches, could it not be premeditated if they believe she put three pieces of duct tape over her nose? Especially the second and third pieces would be deliberate and premeditated.

I think just pulling one piece off the roll then tearing it would be premeditated.

I guess that depends on the attorney's ethics. Sort of like what Clinton's meaning of 'is' is. Some attorneys have better ethics, values and morals than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sheepranch