2011.10.11 - Nancy Grace Highlights Lisa Irwin Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it working? Mothers have a sensitive ear and are generally hypervigilant regarding their babies. Sorry, I can't buy any of this carp she is saying about not hearing anything.

Lights on, door unlocked, window open and it's the first time her husband will be gone during the night. plus, the phones missing? It makes no sense. Nobody climbed through that window, stole a baby, turned on the lights, left the door unlocked and picked up their cell phones on the way out.

My husband gets up, showers, dresses, shaves, brushes teeth, eats breakfasts, unlocks the door, locks the door, leaves. EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. I never wake up. Lights on, shower on, etc. I have 2 very small children. I guess I'm a bad parent b/c I sleep through that. It'd be no different if someone walked through our front door and I didn't hear them.

My husband gets up, showers, dresses, shaves, brushes teeth, eats breakfasts, unlocks the door, locks the door, leaves. EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. I never wake up. Lights on, shower on, etc. I have 2 very small children. I guess I'm a bad parent b/c I sleep through that. It'd be no different if someone walked through our front door and I didn't hear them.

I wake up less than half of the time while DH gets ready for work... unless someone touches me, I tune it all out.

When my 10 month old babies were sick with colds, or ear infections, I did that.

We had baby monitors, as this household did, and we closed the doors on our babies so they could get restful peace and quiet while they were sick.

BTW, i'm not talking about horribly sick, vomiting, dehydrated, with a fever. That requires vigilience. We're talking about a cold, here. A bit of the sniffles.

Just wondering if they could have been using a vaporizer or humidifier in her room to help with her cold. Might be why they would shut her door, to keep they steam in. I also think those can tend to make noise, so that could be why nothing could be heard over the baby monitor. Another thought I had was, we have always ran a sound machine in my youngest sons room to drown out the noises from his 2 older siblings after he goes to bed. It has ocean waves, heartbeat, rain, lullaby, etc., it can be run continuously, or on a 30, 60, 90 minute timer, we always let it run throughout the night because it seemed to help him sleep more soundly. Maybe Lisa uses something similar and that could be why nothing was heard over the monitor by her mom.

Maybe mothers who have a husband in the house with the babies may sleep well but I don't think mothers who are alone sleep all that well with very young babies around, especially sick ones. What good is a baby monitor if you don't pay any attention to it or if it doesn't alert you?

Maybe mothers who have a husband in the house with the babies may sleep well but I don't think mothers who are alone sleep all that well with very young babies around, especially sick ones. What good is a baby monitor if you don't pay any attention to it or if it doesn't alert you?

Do you have kids?

When my husband is gone I can't get to sleep. I'll lay in bed and toss and turn for hours, jumping at every little noise, worrying about his safety, worrying about my ability to keep my kids safe and protected. I keep them both in bed with me when he's gone. But when I do fall asleep I'm so dang tired and exhausted that little noises don't wake me up. One of the kids would, sure. But both of my children can easily be picked up and moved while they are sleeping.

Oh back to my point....most moms are so flipping tired from running around chasing kids all day, going through the night time routine, getting the kids to sleep, picking up their aftermath. They hit the sheets and are dead to the world.

This story reminds me too much of the Cummings Case. At least with this one, the LE are talking and the spokesperson is clear.

I know all too well of an infant being stolen by a S.O....not good. I don't think this is the case with this one, at least I hope not. Once is enough. My psyche can't deal with another story like that. I don't think this a stranger abduction. If it is, I will get out the ole Crow Recipe.

I think it's just a personal thing. Some humans are heavy sleepers and some aren't. In my case I have horrible insomnia, so when I finally fall asleep- I sleep hard. The few times in my life that I went through a period of decent sleep patterns, I became a lighter sleeper.

I don't know If this mother did something or not but I have to say like you I can sleep through pretty much everything and I have a Teenager.

I should say that I was a Navy wife with a small child alone for 6 months at a time- once they were no longer newborns and slept through the night so did I. Not really much you can do about being a heavy sleeper- and now that i do wake up easier at night I now take ambien so I really don't hear anything-

We live with my Mother and sister my almost 18 yr daughter has the room next to my mom who wakes up at the neighbor starting his car but she managed to sneak out of the house a year ago for a Homecoming stunt- 4 adults non of us woke up. (nor did we even know until today lol)

It was said Lisa was sick with a cold. Would the parents put her in a bed and make sure the door was closed? She said her bdrm door was always closed. Why? I would think, as a parent, you would never close the door on a baby, especially a sick one.

I'm not buying this story.

Maybe keep the door closed until everyone else went to bed, so as not to disturb the baby, but then, after that, to open the door so you could hear her if she woke up in the night. I know that's how I was when my boy was a baby. I always had my eyes and ears open especially after dark. JMO

Understandable if you have two very small children. Bad parent? Not at all :)

BTW, I found Nancy Grace disappointing, just reiterated everything we have already heard. Oh well...

This story reminds me too much of the Cummings Case. At least with this one, the LE are talking and the spokesperson is clear.

I know all too well of an infant being stolen by a S.O....not good. I don't think this is the case with this one, at least I hope not. Once is enough. My psyche can't deal with another story like that. I don't think this a stranger abduction. If it is, I will get out the ole Crow Recipe.

me too.

This thread is totally OT. Nancy Grace guys...... what did she say and do you agree with the comments made on the show.

I admit I have not followed this really closely. Tonight on Nancy Grace someone talked about a picture of the crib, which was full of "plastic items", such as a baby bathtub, etc. I wonder why all this was piled into the crib-just thought that was odd.

BTW, I found Nancy Grace disappointing, just reiterated everything we have already heard. Oh well...

Well, she came into the case a week late, for one thing...so she caught herself up on air, basically...

I'll have to agree with you, "what good is a baby monitor. . .". Somehow, when I lived back in the cave, we didn't have baby monitors. Sometimes we heard the kiddies, sometimes we didn't. Somehow all of mine managed to survive. Today I believe every parent is expected to spend their money on everything that will make them look like a good parent. Sometimes I don't think some of this stuff works the way it's supposed to, or parents aren't as perfect as they're supposed to be, but that's just my opinion.

Haven't been able to watch Nancy this week, but I'm curious about something. In MO, a divorce will not be granted to a pregnant woman. And a child born during a marriage the man is presumed to be the father of the child. You have to have paternity tests and jump through some other hoops to have paternity changed. I think they have, since Lisa's last name is Irwin, but I wonder if Lisa's family has completed this process since her mother is still married to another man. I'm not accusing anyone of anything but the thought does cross my mind that if they haven't then the mother's actual husband would possibly be responsible for paying child support for a child that isn't even his. Has this been addressed at all on Nancy's show?

Can you imagine what her husband is going to say or do? He must be having a fit about now. I wonder where he is stationed. He may be able to spread some light on Lisa's mother. In fact, I bet he has.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1110/12/ng.01.html
The bits with the store clerk are what's the most interesting to me about the show.

GRACE: Right. Joining me right now is a special guest. It`s Rebecca Guerrero. She is the store clerk that last saw the Mommy. Rebecca, thank you for being with us.

REBECCA GUERRERO, STORE CLERK (via telephone): Thank you for having me.

GRACE: Rebecca, this video surveillance of Mommy shopping in the hours just before baby Lisa goes missing has suddenly taken center stage. It may mean something, it may mean nothing. What do you recall happening when she came in?

GUERRERO: When she came in, I did not see her until I checked her out. She had a box of wine with her and baby food and baby wipes. You know, and I didn`t think anything of it because a lot of people buy boxes of wine, and I just didn`t think anything of it, so...

GRACE: OK. Let me ask you this. The box of wine, how much wine was in it?

GUERRERO: I`m not really sure. I mean, it`s a pretty good-sized box of wine.

GRACE: OK, I`m not getting a good picture of that. What do you mean a good-sized box? I mean, how many ounces? What would that be?

GUERRERO: I don`t know. I think it`s like a quart.

GRACE: And who is this guy? Who is this guy she`s with? How were they behaving toward each other?

GUERRERO: They were -- you know, they`re always friendly, so I don`t -- I mean, I didn`t suspect anything.

GRACE: Right. Right. So she gets baby food, baby wipes and a big box of wine.
GUERRERO: Come through my line. They had a box of wine, some baby wipes, and baby food. Now, she did two separate purchases. She did the baby stuff first and then the box of wine. And that was it.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Did you find that to be odd or...

GUERRERO: Not really. I mean, most people buy wine all the time.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: That is grocery store clerk Rebecca Guerrero, and she`s joining us tonight live. Rebecca, any idea who the man is that was with Mommy buying wine? Who is that?

GUERRERO: I believe he`s a close friend of theirs.

GRACE: Of who?

GUERRERO: Of the parents.

GRACE: Have you seen them together before?

GUERRERO: Yes, I have.

GRACE: Together with the mommy, or with the mommy and the daddy?

GUERRERO: Both.

GRACE: OK. Everybody, we are taking your calls. We are live in Missouri, in the heartland. A 10-month-old baby girl goes missing from her own home.

Back to CNN correspondent Ed Lavandera. Ed, what more can you tell us?

LAVANDERA: Well, you know, it was interesting to watch. You`ve been talking to Rebecca there, and we just left the grocery store that`s less than a mile away from where we are here. And I thought it was interesting. And we looked at the -- all of the surveillance tape that they had. They were in that store for about six minutes, and this is about five-and-a-half hours before, according to what police have told us, that Deborah had put baby Lisa down to sleep, about 10:30.

The demeanor is very calm. They were in the store for about six minutes. Rebecca talked about how it was very casual, everything seemed normal. In fact, the very last clip that you see, when you watch Deborah and that man walking out of the grocery store, she seemed to have a smile on her face. So any kind of sign of any kind of trouble, you don`t really see it in that video.

GRACE: Well, I`ve got a question, Ed Lavandera. When she was at the grocery store buying wine with this guy, where was the baby?

LAVANDERA: You know what? I asked Rebecca that question because Rebecca talks about -- talked about -- she`s worked at that store for about two years and said that it was very common -- a lot of times, she`d see Deborah come in with the children. A lot of times, she`d come in to the store without the children. And they always kind of made a point of talking about them and that sort of thing.

And I asked Rebecca that, Did you ask where the children were that day? You know, Why no kids? And she didn`t. So we don`t really have an answer to that, at that point. But it was one of the first questions I thought about when I saw the video.

LAVANDERA (on camera): Can you describe her demeanor? What was she like? Was she acting strange in any kind of way?

REBECCA GUERRERO, CLERK WHO CHECKED MISSING INFANT`S MOM OUT: She had a smile on her face. I mean like she always does when she comes in here. She, you know, loves her kids to death.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

An unfortunate choice of words there...

Well, she came into the case a week late, for one thing...so she caught herself up on air, basically...

I did notice that nancy was a bit flustered and didn't know much about this case. Must be all that dancing!

MOO

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members