2nd Anniversary of Baby Lisa's disappearance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems we are playing the "blame the parents game" a little prematurely since we do NOT know if they have made plans to contact media or plan an event that will be media worthy or not.

It's not a blame game. They have had two years to contact the media and in fact, they steered clear of the media and have even intentionally avoided them. One example was where they used Jeremy's sister as a decoy so they could run out of a hotel and drive away in their car. imo, it's difficult to say a missing child isn't media worthy. Any missing child is media worthy, especially when they have been missing for almost two years. Out of the 708 days Lisa has been missing, her parents have only appeared 20 times on television.

It's not a blame game. They have had two years to contact the media and in fact, they steered clear of the media and have even intentionally avoided them. One example was where they used Jeremy's sister as a decoy so they could run out of a hotel and drive away in their car. imo, it's difficult to say a missing child isn't media worthy. Any missing child is media worthy, especially when they have been missing for almost two years. Out of the 708 days Lisa has been missing, her parents have only appeared 20 times on television.

Do you blame them? They came out and talked, They talked to the police yet they are picked apart constantly.

I don't think we should judge the parents of a missing child without cause and confirmation. We have no idea what life is like for them as they miss their child and try to remain a family.

So their feelings are more important than finding their daughter?

I think that their dd is missing and that the police are supposed to be investigating and looking for her. I think that they have cooperated and yet even when they did it was turned against them. I think there comes a time when as much as you want something, you feel against the 8 ball, darned if you do, darned if you don't.

Some people are stronger than others. I don't know them, I don't believe they did anything to her, OR I won't without real hard proof.

I think that their dd is missing and that the police are supposed to be investigating and looking for her. I think that they have cooperated and yet even when they did it was turned against them. I think there comes a time when as much as you want something, you feel against the 8 ball, darned if you do, darned if you don't.

Some people are stronger than others. I don't know them, I don't believe they did anything to her, OR I won't without real hard proof.

How have they cooperated? How often have they talked to LE?

How have they cooperated? How often have they talked to LE?

How often do they have to? Really.. They talked to LE.

I want to see Lisa found. I believe that night she was taken and people saw her being taken. I believe that someone knows something more and is not speaking right from that little area.

That's not really true, though. When it comes to children who have been missing for years, it's the parents who actually put effort into publicizing the case who get the coverage. The children whose parents don't care are the ones who fade away.
Not sure quite what "the children whose parents don't care" might mean.

I find it hard to fathom a parent who has lost a child to kidnapping - if that's the case here - not caring.

Some parents may not be able to force the issue, to get coverage at the snap of their fingers. Not all parents have access to the money required to keep a case spotlighted; working parents may not have the time to press constantly. Not all are born so fortunate as to have connections in society which would aid them in pressuring the media for coverage.

Many cases do fade away, for many reasons. I do not think that "parents don't care" is often one of them.

I find it hard to fathom a parent who has lost a child to kidnapping - if that's the case here - not caring.

Some parents may not be able to force the issue, to get coverage at the snap of their fingers. Not all parents have access to the money required to keep a case spotlighted; working parents may not have the time to press constantly. Not all are born so fortunate as to have connections in society which would aid them in pressuring the media for coverage.

Many cases do fade away, for many reasons. I do not think that "parents don't care" is often one of them.

Well in THIS case, all the parents have to do is pick up the phone and call the local media! That doesn't take money, connections, or even time!

Whether anyone here likes it or not, if DB & JI wanted Lisa's case to stay in the spotlight, they would have talked to local media for the last two years. They haven't. PERIOD! Deductive reasoning would tell one that they DON'T want her case to stay in the spotlight. Wonder why....:banghead:

Well in THIS case, all the parents have to do is pick up the phone and call the local media! That doesn't take money, connections, or even time!

Whether anyone here likes it or not, if DB & JI wanted Lisa's case to stay in the spotlight, they would have talked to local media for the last two years. They haven't. PERIOD! Deductive reasoning would tell one that they DON'T want her case to stay in the spotlight. Wonder why....:banghead:
And you know this for a fact - that they have not tried, and if they had, media would have cheerfully continued to shine a light on this case, would have devoted minutes per segment and column inches aplenty on a frequent basis over these last two years, would have put on a back-burner the abundance of stories it covers daily.

Media covers the new - "news" contains the word, one will notice. This case is cold. There are no new aspects, as far as I know, of this case for media to cover.

I think KC media did a very good job when whatever happened, happened. But unless and until LE releases more info - if it has it - media will not feature this case as we might wish. It will get its "two years on" story and that will be it till the next anniversary - then little, less, nothing. I know this because I have seen it happen many times, and deductive reasoning tells me it will be the case here as well.

I'd, too, like to see much coverage, yesterday, today, and forever, for this case. But this is not the way it works.

There is nothing to wonder. You don't know what they have and have not done. You don't know who they have called and who they haven't.

This is just smudging without cause.

unless you are with them or have reliable reports from real sources, None of us can have any idea what they are or are not doing.

The difference in this case is that the parents claim to have an anonymous benefactor, so they do have the means to get coverage, if they so choose. They choose not to.

The difference in this case is that the parents claim to have an anonymous benefactor, so they do have the means to get coverage, if they so choose. They choose not to.

That means nothing.. Because someone is helping them out it does not mean anything else.

No one has any idea what their efforts are.

An "anonymous benefactor" guarantees nothing unless the "anonymous benefactor" also owns a TV station or publishes an area newspaper.

How do you know that the "benefactor" offered to pay for help with media coverage?

The parents have two people on their team with media connections, Joe Tacopina and Bill Stanton. Both men have been on national TV shows many, many times over the years. It doesn't seem far-fetched to think they are on a first-name basis with media executives/producers. I don't know how easily they could get Baby Lisa's parents on TV, but Deborah and Jeremy definitely have better access to the media than other parents of missing children.

And if they are having a hard time getting media coverage, then why not start a campaign? Ask people to sign a petition or email media outlets.

The parents have two people on their team with media connections, Joe Tacopina and Bill Stanton. Both men have been on national TV shows many, many times over the years. It doesn't seem far-fetched to think they are on a first-name basis with media executives/producers. I don't know how easily they could get Baby Lisa's parents on TV, but Deborah and Jeremy definitely have better access to the media than other parents of missing children.

And if they are having a hard time getting media coverage, then why not start a campaign? Ask people to sign a petition or email media outlets.

Are Joe Tacopina and Bill Stanton still involved in this case?

I'm at a loss to know just what "media coverage" would consist of, if not informed by LE releases containing new information. Segments saying the child was, yes, still missing? Must-see TV, that.

I'm at a loss to know just what "media coverage" would consist of, if not informed by LE releases containing new information. Segments saying the child was, yes, still missing? Must-see TV, that.

I agree. Without any new information there is little reason for the news media to give this case any coverage. Maybe we will see something noting the anniversary when it arrives?

I want to see Lisa found. I believe that night she was taken and people saw her being taken. I believe that someone knows something more and is not speaking right from that little area.

Nobody saw her being taken. The most we've heard are reports from people saying they saw someone walking with a baby. There is no baby in the surveillance video from the gas station.

Nobody saw her being taken. The most we've heard are reports from people saying they saw someone walking with a baby. There is no baby in the surveillance video from the gas station.

In the middle of the night.. She was taken. People don't usually see people get taken..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member