4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #92

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts on the parents suing the manufacturer of the knife BK used? Of course, if the knife in question was never recovered by police, that would probably make the idea moot even though they know he ordered one from Ebay and they have the sheath.

Any why no sue the manufacturer of the back sliding door latch that was apparently broken.

Or the witness who did not call police when she saw the bushy eyebrowed guy and would have at least had a chance to for paramedics to try to save their lives.

Or the landlord of the house for not having gated parking to prevent BK from parking behind the house.

The list is endless and can go on and on.

If BK is the killer, then he and he alone is responsible... not these indirect entities.

Unless there is evidence we don't know about that proves his driving elsewhere - can that even be possible at this stage?

His "alibi" would get amended and crafted multiple times.

I happened to be driving around that night and then (add on 1) happened to decide to drive to Moscow and then (add on 2) went into the country for and hour and a half the drove back to my apartment (add on 3) by a different route just to change things up.

This is the sort of thing that makes me mad.

All humans are flawed and make errors. All institutions make mistakes.

Suing someone or some entity because a mistake is made just seems so misplaced.
Especially when you consider they identified and arrested the perp in just over 6 weeks. That rarely happens in a case like this with no specific ties between the murderer and victims.

I think local Moscaw PD, ISP and FBI did an outstanding job here.

Last edited:
Any thoughts on the parents suing the manufacturer of the knife BK used? Of course, if the knife in question was never recovered by police, that would probably make the idea moot even though they know he ordered one from Ebay and they have the sheath.
MOO they were planning to sue MPD and supporting LE in the case. Its got the deep pocket.

Especially when you consider they identified and arrested the perp in just over 6 weeks. That rarely happens in a case like this with no specific ties between the murderer and victims.

I think local Moscaw PD, ISP and FBI did an outstanding job here.

I do too. That's why I have believed in tort reform for many years.

But it will not happen because lawyers and their counterparts in state and federal congresses write their own laws and there is too much money to take away from businesses to close that down.

Not an alibi, why the judge accepted is a mystery.

I get it. Judge sort of has to accept it.

What if I was hiking by myself from 2 to 6 PM one day and had no witnesses. It is still my alibi, but the alibi cannot be corroborated from another individual.

However, the part where he said more or less that his alibi might be able to be corroborated by unknown individuals who saw him is the far fetched part.

All he would have to have said is I went into 7 Eleven to get a coke OR I stopped at a gas station to get gas ... if it was far enough away from the CS and time of the murders, then he would be in the clear.

I know, this is common sense.

Last edited:

What if I was hiking by myself from 2 to 6 PM one day and had no witnesses. It is still my alibi, but the alibi cannot be corroborated from another individual.

However, the part where he said more or less that his alibi might be able to be corroborated by unknown individuals who saw him is the far fetched part.

All he would have to have said is I went into 7 Eleven to get a coke OR I stopped at a gas station to get gas ... if it was far enough away from the CS and time of the murders, then he would be in the clear.

Nowadays they use CCTV to verify the time someone says they were somewhere, especially a convenience store like 7/11---- I watch "See No Evil" on ID and that is how they catch criminals or determine someone is lying

Any why no sue the manufacturer of the back sliding door latch that was apparently broken.

Or the witness who did not call police when she saw the bushy eyebrowed guy and would have at least had a chance to for paramedics to try to save their lives.

Or the landlord of the house for not having gated parking to prevent BK from parking behind the house.

The list is endless and can go on and on.

If BK is the killer, then he and he alone is responsible... not these indirect entities.
I get your point but would it be any different from the victims who sue the gun manufacturers? That's where the deep pockets are.

I think the point of a notice of alibi here is is to make the defendant name any witnesses they will rely on for the alibi, because the court can exclude any witnesses they want to use later during the trial if they don't name them here. moo

You had a place and time where you were. I don't think you would say your alibi was
"I was walking around."

His "alibi" would get amended and crafted multiple times.

I happened to be driving around that night and then (add on 1) happened to decide to drive to Moscow and then (add on 2) went into the country for and hour and a half the drove back to my apartment (add on 3) by a different route just to change things up.
There is cell tower and video evidence to back up his alibi that he was out driving. Seriously could not come out with something better?

I do too. That's why I have believed in tort reform for many years.

But it will not happen because lawyers and their counterparts in state and federal congresses write their own laws and there is too much money to take away from businesses to close that down.
MOO In this case it will be the Idaho taxpayers who get sued, as the MPD is the target.

It depends…

Was your phone turned off during the portion of your hike when the murder more than likely occurred? Even though there was cell signal covering said hiking trails? How about the cameras that caught someone who was wearing the same sneakers and hat (the equivalent to the car) as you next to a path that could plausibly lead to the murder scene? Because that is your DNA at the scene when it has no business being there.

I don’t think anyone’s arguing that on their own “out driving aimlessly” or “turned cell phone off because I wanted peace” is nefarious. Even those two things together on their own don’t really rise to that level.

It’s the DNA that makes his alibi suspect. It’s the DNA that makes the cell phone off suspect. It’s the DNA that makes the CCTV foootage of a car like his headed to the murder scene suspect. And when you add those three things up along with the DNA - the alibi becomes downright implausible IMO.

Also, I don’t think you can discount the time that this crime happened. Late late late night when there’s not a lot of road or foot traffic and most people are sleeping. Which is not the same as hiking in the late afternoon / early evening.

Whener I read cases for BKs innocence ( I’m not reading your response as one) it’s usually critical of individual pieces of evidence, as if they exist in a vacuum. Or they’ll preface with “without the dna”.

I haven’t seen a single defense of Kohlberger that considers the totality of the evidence without going into Lee Harvey Oswald like “patsy” territory.

This is going to present as a lack of an alibi in court IMO. I just don’t see how the defense gets it in without looking clumsy and making BK look guilty. Are they going to ask his neighbor if they know of his late drives? His childhood friends? The FBI cellular expert on nights BK didn’t go near Kings road?

Ugh.

MOO. I am not a legal expert. Obviously.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member