4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #93

There's also a May 16 hearing scheduled for 3:00 pm PT. moo

The state has also requested for the May 14 hearing to be closed.

Updated Tue, April 30th 2024 at 2:31 PM

This Thursday's hearing is at 10 a.m. and will be streamed on Judge John Judge's YouTube channel.

There's also a May 16 hearing scheduled for 3:00 pm PT. moo

The state has also requested for the May 14 hearing to be closed.

Updated Tue, April 30th 2024 at 2:31 PM

This Thursday's hearing is at 10 a.m. and will be streamed on Judge John Judge's YouTube channel.

Are they rejecting the ‘driving around’ alibi? That would be the new alibi for all perps going forward if it was allowed.

Are they rejecting the ‘driving around’ alibi? That would be the new alibi for all perps going forward if it was allowed.

I mostly just skim through this forum nowadays, but I’m thrilled to read these posts that Idaho had rejected this “alibi” because it’s not specific and does not name the witnesses who can help establish the legitimacy of said alibi.

Unless the defense has statements from the moon and the stars, this alibi is in the trash where it belongs.

IMO

I mostly just skim through this forum nowadays, but I’m thrilled to read these posts that Idaho had rejected this “alibi” because it’s not specific and does not name the witnesses who can help establish the legitimacy of said alibi.

Unless the defense has statements from the moon and the stars, this alibi is in the trash where it belongs.

IMO

It would be the first of its kind that I’ve heard of. Nothing wrong with throwing something illogical out there to see if it works though.

@BrianEntin

The season finale of Crime Nation airs tonight at 8pmET on @TheCW. 2 hours focused on the Idaho murders.

Anyone watching this? I only turned it on halfway through, but seems pretty good so far.

They are comparing him to Elliot Rodger, which I think is an apt comparison, IMO.

Roger targeted the Alpha Pi. sorority, which is same one that Kaylee was in.

They are talking a lot about the Pappa Roger guy, but has there ever been a determination that it was BK? I thought it wasn't.

I never realised that Pappa Rodger was so adamant that the white Elantra was a red herring...and I never realised how argumentative and divisive he was in the group. He got banned and immediately formed a new FB group .

Papa Rodgers also 'predicted' that the killer left the knife sheath at the crime scene...:oops:

Last edited:
From Crime Nation: random thoughts
By the 2nd week of December, they had begun looking at BK, because they found out this U/Wash Criminology major student had a white Elantra. They had a record of a recent traffic stop, where they had taken his cell number. So they looked at the cell tower dump at the time of the murders, and his number did not show up.

But they did not fully clear him yet, they kept him on their radar because of feedback they got from co-workers, essentially saying he was weird. They wanted to compare his DNA to the knife sheath DNA.

They staked out his parents house to try and find his DNA in the garbage can, but they saw him coming out with his gloves on, throwing things in neighbours cans. They took the garbage from his can and tested the male DNA, and compared it to the Knife Sheath DNA, and found that the male DNA was the father to the knife sheath DNA. BINGO

Last edited:
So they looked at the cell tower dump at the time of the murders, and his number did not show up.
So would this have been because they initially looked at too narrow of a time range, and that was when the perp had his phone turned off? And it was only later, when they expanded the times they were looking, that his number showed up in the vicinity of the crime scene? Just trying to see if I understood this...

So would this have been because they initially looked at too narrow of a time range, and that was when the perp had his phone turned off? And it was only later, when they expanded the times they were looking, that his number showed up in the vicinity of the crime scene? Just trying to see if I understood this...
YES, that's what I took from it. They used a small window of time for the cell dump----I think from when the food delivery happened until then white car was seen speeding away?

And his cell didn't pop up in the tower dump. They said they were thrown by that, and continued following other leads, but kept him on their radar. But later when they did a larger ping map, they were intrigued to see that his phone was off but suddenly turned on in then wee hours off the morning, as it weaved it's way in the back roads home to his apartment before sunrise. That put him back on the radar because they knew he was getting his Master's in criminology so he would know not to take his phone with him, turned on which would track him.

They are talking a lot about the Pappa Roger guy, but has there ever been a determination that it was BK? I thought it wasn't.
Yes, that whole thing was debunked, and I don't know why NN is still going on about it.
I won't be watching this particular documentary. I'm honestly getting kind of tired of the various news networks twisting things to make a story, there's really no need for that, this crime is horrible enough without their adding fake salacious details to it.
I'd rather just stick to the court docs and watch the hearings.
JMO

General definition of an alibi:

"During a criminal trial, an alibi is a defense raised by the accused as proof that they could not have committed the crime because they were in some other place at the time the alleged offence was committed"

His alibi is missing all proof.

I think it just makes the lawyers look ridiculous. What kind of lawyer isn't aware of the definition of "alibi"?
I think AT knows exactly what she is doing. Earlier on in the process when the prosecution first raised their concerns about her first document submitted as BK's alibi defense, AT offered to meet ex parte with the judge to give her reasons for not sharing more information in the alibi defense document.

Maybe this time the judge will agree to that, or maybe not, maybe the judge will accept the alibi defense as submitted this second time around after the discussion of it at the next hearing. If AT plans to use the state's cell phone data against them as part of her alibi defense, she is not likely to provide the state with the specific details about this as it would reveal to many details of her defense strategy. JMO.

Anyone watching this? I only turned it on halfway through, but seems pretty good so far.

They are comparing him to Elliot Rodger, which I think is an apt comparison, IMO.

Roger targeted the Alpha Pi. sorority, which is same one that Kaylee was in.

I never realised that Pappa Rodger was so adamant that the white Elantra was a red herring...and I never realised how argumentative and divisive he was in the group. He got banned and immediately formed a new FB group .

Papa Rodgers also 'predicted' that the killer left the knife sheath at the crime scene...:oops:
I may be totally wrong here, but didn't our own @MassGuy also state that the knife sheath must have been left at the scene? Because of early reports in the media from a shop owner who stated LE questioned him if he sold a particular type knife.

YES, that's what I took from it. They used a small window of time for the cell dump----I think from when the food delivery happened until then white car was seen speeding away?

And his cell didn't pop up in the tower dump. They said they were thrown by that, and continued following other leads, but kept him on their radar. But later when they did a larger ping map, they were intrigued to see that his phone was off but suddenly turned on in then wee hours off the morning, as it weaved it's way in the back roads home to his apartment before sunrise. That put him back on the radar because they knew he was getting his Master's in criminology so he would know not to take his phone with him, turned on which would track him.
I’m really curious about this if anyone has any thoughts. I wonder why he took his phone at all???

I’m really curious about this if anyone has any thoughts. I wonder why he took his phone at all???

Maybe he was only planning on stalking that night, seeing how to get in the house etc.... But then he ran into the victim awake getting food and his plan escalated into 4 murders. The knife was his MO for stalking.

For stalking he could have felt safe taking the phone and turning it off and on.

For murder the phone is usually left behind.....My understanding

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Betts79