4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #93

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to figure out, if his next step will be that the real killer, planted the DNA in the bedroom, deliberately. Wouldn't killing 4 people, with a knife, result in more of the killer's DNA in the house? Than just one random speck on a knife sheaf?

I am trying to figure out, if his next step will be that the real killer, planted the DNA in the bedroom, deliberately. Wouldn't killing 4 people, with a knife, result in more of the killer's DNA in the house? Than just one random speck on a knife sheaf?

It appears that Anne Taylor already plans to use this as defense.

"There is no connection between Mr. Kohberger and the victims. There is no explanation for the total lack of DNA evidence from the victims in Mr. Kohberger's apartment, office, home, or vehicle."

"There is no connection between Mr. Kohberger and the victims. There is no explanation for the total lack of DNA evidence from the victims in Mr. Kohberger's apartment, office, home, or vehicle."
I have an explanation. He took countermeasures.

AT's argument, *poof*

Jmo

Word games played by AT, notice she doesn't say there is a lack of DNA evidence at the CRIME SCENE.

MOO

Word games played by AT, notice she doesn't say there is a lack of DNA evidence at the CRIME SCENE.

MOO
YES! lack of DNA evidence FROM THE VICTIMS in Mr. Kohbergers bubble. Lack of DNA evidence from the victims on any of HIS places, that he had total control of for WEEKS before they arrested him. And the behavior that has been suggested, and also included in reports: He was ziploc-ing trash when they arrested him, putting it in neighbor's trashcan, there was a "rumor" that his sister said he was super-cleaning his car, etc. None of us know whether the investigative team found additional DNA of his in King Road. They did find SINGLE SOURCE DNA on a knife sheath, AT THE MURDER SCENE, at "knife" murders.

The idea I keep wondering about now is, how is AT justifying in her mind, spending such HUGE amounts of taxpayer's money defending him. I know, he has a right to a defense, and even a rigorous defense, it all seems so ridiculous to me. IMO, JMO

YES! lack of DNA evidence FROM THE VICTIMS in Mr. Kohbergers bubble. Lack of DNA evidence from the victims on any of HIS places, that he had total control of for WEEKS before they arrested him. And the behavior that has been suggested, and also included in reports: He was ziploc-ing trash when they arrested him, putting it in neighbor's trashcan, there was a "rumor" that his sister said he was super-cleaning his car, etc. None of us know whether the investigative team found additional DNA of his in King Road. They did find SINGLE SOURCE DNA on a knife sheath, AT THE MURDER SCENE, at "knife" murders.

The idea I keep wondering about now is, how is AT justifying in her mind, spending such HUGE amounts of taxpayer's money defending him. I know, he has a right to a defense, and even a rigorous defense, it all seems so ridiculous to me. IMO, JMO
It's her job and she is very good at it, even though I think she's been a little less professional lately. BK is not going anywhere IMO, DP or LWOP so she's just making a case.

Good thing is BK won't be able to appeal on ineffective counsel. Hah

MOO

This MSM article references the family member and the clean car. An unnamed source in LE does also.

It also references BK's old interaction with a colleague, after she noticed things in her home were "shuffled", though nothing was stolen. He installed cameras for her. And the article says that another MSM source reported he accessed the password.... Uber creepy.... the shuffled items IMO dovetails with my ongoing theory that he is a watcher. That he operates in stealth mode. It fits for me that he would watch people sleep. That he would touch things, rearrange them.

We don't know that he didn't do that at 1122. Those dozen trips into the neighborhood? He could have entered in secret. Stealth mode at night. If everyone was asleep, who would know?

In the case of the colleague, it's not hard to imagine BK was the shuffler, the fixer, and the stalker. Once she had cameras, I bet the shuffling stopped (unless the cameras were sometimes turned off by the installer).

With four victims (in a household of six) murdered, we will likely never know if they'd been weirded out by things in their room having been shuffled or whether they had encountered BK before, in any capacity. Was he brazen enough to make entry by day, disguised as a helpful service inspector (HVAC, locksmith)? The big question -- had BK been in the house before? How did he know he'd be able to gain entry to the house, to the third floor bedroom? Had he been jimmying locks his whole life? Did he jimmy theirs?

It is my opinion that AT is tasked with trying to explain away a lot of peculiar (creepy) nighttime behavior by the defendant. Star gazing isn't going to cut it. He was never looking up.

JMO

Last edited:
The idea I keep wondering about now is, how is AT justifying in her mind, spending such HUGE amounts of taxpayer's money defending him. I know, he has a right to a defense, and even a rigorous defense, it all seems so ridiculous to me.
How would you do it? Show trial, lock him away with no trial, hang him from the nearest tree?

Everyone in America is entitled to a rigorous defense to protect their rights. At the same time it protects all of our rights. LE makes mistakes. AT has signed up to be sure there is no mistakes in this case. It’s her career.

As my grandmother once said, "T'aint matter".

DNA at the crime scene on the murder weapon sheath is all they need. He probably wore gloves for goodness sakes.

How would you do it? Show trial, lock him away with no trial, hang him from the nearest tree?

Everyone in America is entitled to a rigorous defense to protect their rights. At the same time it protects all of our rights. LE makes mistakes. AT has signed up to be sure there is no mistakes in this case. It’s her career.
Of course not! As I said, I know, he has a right to a defense, and even a rigorous defense.

Of course.MOO
However her main tactic is evidence suppresion, not answering the meaning of that evidence. It is legal meta.

Of course not! As I said, I know, he has a right to a defense, and even a rigorous defense.

He has a right to a defense but what is utter nonsense is the expensive delays.

Well over two years later there is still no trial date with endless hearings for every minor issue that a former FBI agent called 'delay tactics'.

Every court date means more legal fees, and every delay to the trial means Kohberger's prison costs increase by more than $100 a day.

Frustration is even showing from Judge John Judge:

"If we have to have hearings on every single thing, we've got a long ways to go. And it's a lot of time, it's a lot of work, it's a lot of money, and it just makes everything more difficult."

Analysis of financial records by the Idaho Statesman found the greatest cost was, predictably, legal fees for both sides.

I suppose the argument is, is it cheaper to do it right the first time round or to have to go through loads of appeals later down the line?

I think appeals are mandatory in Idaho in DP cases. AT knows that. Each one of these issues will likely result in an appeal - increasing the cost of the appeal phase.

There is no cost savings by "doing it right" the first time around. AT will present her (the defense's) side at every opportunity, stretching out the entire proceeding. The appeals will likely go on for more than a decade.

That's why some anti-DP people are against it (it's expensive).

(Good to see you, Mickey!)

Well, it would be highly unlikely for a non-BK person to have handled the sheath and not left their own DNA, yes.

OTOH, some of the deposited DNA would be in tiny particles (not complete profiles) exhaled while breathing. Very hard to find and test. So, the only person who interacted significantly (and I do not believe that one could scrape DNA off of BK without him noticing it - and then deposit it ONLY on the part of the snap that was not easily cleanable) with that sheath is BK.

IMO.

(Good to see you, Mickey!)

Well, it would be highly unlikely for a non-BK person to have handled the sheath and not left their own DNA, yes.

OTOH, some of the deposited DNA would be in tiny particles (not complete profiles) exhaled while breathing. Very hard to find and test. So, the only person who interacted significantly (and I do not believe that one could scrape DNA off of BK without him noticing it - and then deposit it ONLY on the part of the snap that was not easily cleanable) with that sheath is BK.

IMO.
Exactly.

These (IMO) "there should be more DNA" arguments have always come off as just another way to say that someone cleaned the scene after. Implying a conspiracy of some sort.

Because if you were to use their logic without the conspiracy angle then you arrive at: the dna we expected wasn't there, that's impossible -> so therefore there is no killer -> so therefore there is no crime. Which doesn't make sense at all (MOO)

IMO, the only way that argument works is with conspiracy.

I think the lack of 'more DNA' is just a sign that this was a meticulously planned crime. Just as the circling of the house implies. Just as the cell phone being turned off implies. Just as the lack of blood evidence implies. NOT a sloppily hastily executed crime of passion that typically evolves from knowing the victims.

MOO

Also, if BK did commit this crime (which i believe that he did) and the case is as the prosecution is implying. Then BK covered all of the basics in almost every area. Turning off his cell phone. Circling the house waiting for the coast to be clear. Staking out the house on other nights. Buying a big, brutal murder weapon....

If all of those things are true. Why are we not also assuming that he meticulously covered himself up and brought a change of clothes? And picked out a spot to dump his stuff prior? Those are also pretty murder 101 basics.

I still remember the movie starring Sandra Bullock and Brad Renfro (RIP) which basically gave you a pretty good idea of how to dress for the perfect crime. And I haven't seen that in 14 years. And that movie is inspired by a real
"perfect crime" that happened in the 1920s. What do we think BK knew?

MOO

I have an explanation. He took countermeasures.

AT's argument, *poof*

Jmo
Totally agreed. Yes, it's very weird there's no DNA in the vehicle. Until you hear about him bleaching it, and taking out garbage with-- latex gloves. Will tweezers eventually make an appearance? I'm unfortunately serious. That's even weirder, sorry AT. Agreed on the "poof," lol.

Exactly.

These (IMO) "there should be more DNA" arguments have always come off as just another way to say that someone cleaned the scene after. Implying a conspiracy of some sort.

Because if you were to use their logic without the conspiracy angle then you arrive at: the dna we expected wasn't there, that's impossible -> so therefore there is no killer -> so therefore there is no crime. Which doesn't make sense at all (MOO)

IMO, the only way that argument works is with conspiracy.

I think the lack of 'more DNA' is just a sign that this was a meticulously planned crime. Just as the circling of the house implies. Just as the cell phone being turned off implies. Just as the lack of blood evidence implies. NOT a sloppily hastily executed crime of passion that typically evolves from knowing the victims.

MOO
Also, if BK did commit this crime (which i believe that he did) and the case is as the prosecution is implying. Then BK covered all of the basics in almost every area. Turning off his cell phone. Circling the house waiting for the coast to be clear. Staking out the house on other nights. Buying a big, brutal murder weapon....

If all of those things are true. Why are we not also assuming that he meticulously covered himself up and brought a change of clothes? And picked out a spot to dump his stuff prior? Those are also pretty murder 101 basics.

I still remember the movie starring Sandra Bullock and Brad Renfro (RIP) which basically gave you a pretty good idea of how to dress for the perfect crime. And I haven't seen that in 14 years. And that movie is inspired by a real
"perfect crime" that happened in the 1920s. What do we think BK knew?

MOO

I am very surprised that BK left any DNA at all. BK is very savvy in the area of crime scene evidence. He was a PhD criminology student who actually wanted to help the police do better - just can't make this stuff up.

Many mass murderers who know less about crime than BK do not leave blood evidence all over their car and living space. They know to cover their car in plastic and throw all their clothes away before even going home. Plus, BK seems to have meticulously cleaned his car according to MSM "sources."

(Maybe this will come up at trial from a prosecution witness)

So check out how savvy BK is:

Kohberger, a PhD student in criminology at Washington State University, wanted to intern with the Pullman Police Department in the Fall 2022 semester, according to the affidavit made public Thursday.

In an essay he submitted with his application, the alleged killer wrote that he wanted to assist “rural law enforcement agencies with how to better collect and analyze technological

data in public safety operations,” the affidavit says.

So I'm trying to find information on what this means and to me it shows a defendant with enough knowledge to evade capture through car/house blood/DNA evidence.

Police agencies engaged in data-driven policing use data to identify and address patterns (e.g., in crime incidents and personnel behaviors). Data-driven policing improves strategic and tactical decision-making by enhancing agency capacity to detect problems and develop efficient and effective solutions to inform deployment and maximize the impact of limited departmental resources.

LAPD Deputy Chief Dennis Kato tracks crime statistics in near real time and searches across databases using new, more powerful analytics tools.
1715835318529.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members