4 years later, what do we think of the case / verdict now?

Damn. I would have hung that jury if I were in it and truly believed in her guilt like i do. A hung jury is better than an acquittal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. You know I ran into a post someone made on a message board awhile back where they were claiming they knew one of the women on the jury (I think the only one that was crying) and they said that she wanted Casey found guilty of first degree due to the duct tape and the chloroform along with the lies. They said the not guilty verdict was led by a few people who were defending Casey and saying "Prove this is not an accident", "prove George wasn't involved! I think he killed the little girl." They allegedly cursed and belittled the others and called the prosecution and the witnesses names. They blamed the smell on garbage and the decomp chemicals on food matter until the rest of the jury caved. They then started screaming at the people who wanted manslaughter, yelling "prove Casey was her caregiver, prove she was negligent, prove Casey put the body in the woods or knew where her father put the body!" until last holdout got sick of being belittled and being called names and gave in.

The poster also claimed that the juror they knew was having trouble sleeping and they all had to pay in the aftermath for the few that were cheering the defense on for some reason. Said juror would hang the jury now and has to live with what they did.

I would post the entire thing, but I don't think websleuths would allow me to quote hearsay posts from anonymous posters.

Anyway, it sounds like the most reasonable explanation of what probably went on in the jury room to me. It matches one of the juror interviews where one of them claimed the last holdout finally gave in and said "whatever you guys want" because he knew they weren't going to change their minds.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say if this story is true, one of the screaming jurors was the foreman. Another reason I think Baez tampered with the a juror or two. I honestly can't see anyone taking Casey's side and advocating for her so aggressively unless they are dumber than a box of rocks or they had an ulterior motive.

I wouldn't be surprised if the jury was tampered with, and Baez paid one or more of them off. Since this was a very high profile trial, an acquittal would be very beneficial towards him.

Exactly. You know I ran into a post someone made on a message board awhile back where they were claiming they knew one of the women on the jury (I think the only one that was crying) and they said that she wanted Casey found guilty of first degree due to the duct tape and the chloroform along with the lies. They said the not guilty verdict was led by a few people who were defending Casey and saying "Prove this is not an accident", "prove George wasn't involved! I think he killed the little girl." They allegedly cursed and belittled the others and called the prosecution and the witnesses names. They blamed the smell on garbage and the decomp chemicals on food matter until the rest of the jury caved. They then started screaming at the people who wanted manslaughter, yelling "prove Casey was her caregiver, prove she was negligent, prove Casey put the body in the woods or knew where her father put the body!" until last holdout got sick of being belittled and being called names and gave in.

The poster also claimed that the juror they knew was having trouble sleeping and they all had to pay in the aftermath for the few that were cheering the defense on for some reason. Said juror would hang the jury now and has to live with what they did.

I would post the entire thing, but I don't think websleuths would allow me to quote hearsay posts from anonymous posters.

Anyway, it sounds like the most reasonable explanation of what probably went on in the jury room to me. It matches one of the juror interviews where one of them claimed the last holdout finally gave in and said "whatever you guys want" because he knew they weren't going to change their minds.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say if this story is true, one of the screaming jurors was the foreman. Another reason I think Baez tampered with the a juror or two. I honestly can't see anyone taking Casey's side and advocating for her so aggressively unless they are dumber than a box of rocks or they had an ulterior motive.

BBM

IF this is true, I hope that all of those jurors are haunted nightly with the vision of a little girl, mouth duct taped shut, tears flowing and pleading for help. I hope they see that image every night until they die, or break down and tell the truth of what happened publicly. Even then, I will NEVER forgive them for such a nonsense verdict and for failing little Caylee.

BBM

IF this is true, I hope that all of those jurors are haunted nightly with the vision of a little girl, mouth duct taped shut, tears flowing and pleading for help. I hope they see that image every night until they die, or break down and tell the truth of what happened publicly. Even then, I will NEVER forgive them for such a nonsense verdict and for failing little Caylee.

I agree. If there's any merit to it, the holdouts had all the evidence they needed to argue her guilt right in front of them, but... they let peer pressure get to them. As grown men and women, that's pretty embarrassing.

Prove George wasn't involved? Prove he didn't molest Casey? How about demanding proof that he was involved and did molest her instead? The defense completely failed to deliver on it. In the absence of incriminating evidence against George, the correct conclusion to come to would be that the person who was actually on trial was, without a doubt, there when Caylee died, knew what happened and covered it up.

Stupid circular reasoning.. It's like saying "prove this person didn't commit the murder and then clean up all of their dna really well afterwards." Prove aliens didn't fly down from Mars and frame Casey. Prove aliens don't exist. There's nothing indicating it did happen, but that's not good enough because there's nothing proving it did not happen.

Whenever someone is demanding someone else prove a negative, their reasoning is hokey.

BBM

I will NEVER forgive them either. Even those who were holding out and caved to peer pressure. How weak of a person can you be to allow yourself to CAVE on something as serious as a baby being murdered just so you could get it over with?

While I don't know for sure if the jury was tampered with, I do think that one or more of the jurors allowed themselves to think by bringing back a "Not Guilty" verdict on such a high profile case would benefit them more in the long run. I fully believe that some of these jurors went into this thinking that by bringing back a "Not Guilty" verdict that they'd be set for life. Book deals. Interviews. Movies. They'd be famous.

The major flaw in their thinking was...

Casey Anthony was not an adored and highly celebrated athlete. Casey Anthony's victims were not two adults... but a defenseless baby. And that is not taking anything away from Nicole or Ron being victims, but when you murder children... it's different. It just is. That is my opinion.

Those who went into this thinking only about how they'd benefit from a controversial verdict, it brings me great joy that you never got what you were seeking and you never will. Never.

I'm not sure where to post this since I don't think it deserves a new thread.
This morning on the Today Show, they had a segment on where are they now. Since I don't watch it very often, I don't know if it was in relation to a new show or if they were just drumming up viewers for their own show.

The segment was a brief history of the shenanigans of what went on in this case and a snip of some of the major players. CM was proud to say that FCA had moved on, had a drivers license, was buying a car and had a job. I guess he is still spinning things if FCA is still living in the house of and under the watchful eye of her protector. I would imagine the job is still photography, but what would I know?
Anyway, if anyone is interested, they can google the Today Show and there is a picture of FCA. I didn't bother to click on it to see what it linked to.

At the end, they mentioned tomorrow they would be discussing the latest on the Jon Benet case.

I'm not sure where to post this since I don't think it deserves a new thread.
This morning on the Today Show, they had a segment on where are they now. Since I don't watch it very often, I don't know if it was in relation to a new show or if they were just drumming up viewers for their own show.

The segment was a brief history of the shenanigans of what went on in this case and a snip of some of the major players. CM was proud to say that FCA had moved on, had a drivers license, was buying a car and had a job. I guess he is still spinning things if FCA is still living in the house of and under the watchful eye of her protector. I would imagine the job is still photography, but what would I know?
Anyway, if anyone is interested, they can google the Today Show and there is a picture of FCA. I didn't bother to click on it to see what it linked to.

At the end, they mentioned tomorrow they would be discussing the latest on the Jon Benet case.

Sure she has a job, you know, with all her experience in event planning.

I don't buy it. She's still leeching and playing around with a camera. If Cheney thinks she has a job, it's because she lied to him and he was dumb enough to fall for it.

Who on earth would take Dominic Casey seriously after reading the emails he sent while 'investigating' this case? He's just another opportunist trying to cash in on this terrible case and would say anything for attention.

I did say 'more' truthful. Do I believe JB knew what happened to Caylee and who did it? Absolutely. I don't give the sex claims much thought at all.

Jose Baez has just made a statement on his Facebook page if anyone cares to read it.

Looks like Baez is taking legal action ...
e8b7b8c0452018a08d779dac941a2249.jpg

After reading that one, there's this one, where JB denies the allegations.

My money is on DC being the more truthful of the two.

He didn't mention the claim that he knew Casey murdered Caylee hmmmm

The two cases I had followed the most passionately were O.J. and CA, and both received grossly unjust verdicts, IMO. Both defenses brought up grotesque premises, ie the entire LA police department framed O.J., CA sexually abused by her father, to successfully distract the jurors. Do we need IQ tests for jurors? There's no such thing as a slam dunk case.

How did all these kooky ethical less people find each other? What a stew of worms

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simwolves
Back