408 inmates will be released from Alabama prisons Tuesday

alleriaxx91

Reaction score
My first thought is, which is more important, that they serve the rest of their terms -article says 1 year or less- and then aren't required to have supervision, or that they have monitoring and supervision but get out early?

I would prefer monitoring and supervision. But it remains to be seen how well it works out.

My first thought is, which is more important, that they serve the rest of their terms -article says 1 year or less- and then aren't required to have supervision, or that they have monitoring and supervision but get out early?

I would prefer monitoring and supervision. But it remains to be seen how well it works out.

I agree completely. I just wondering how there are 20+ people on that list with murder charges that would be set to be released in the next year in the first place. I'd prefer them to not be getting out period but that's not my job to decide lol

I found a list of the prisoners that are scheduled to be released and their charges.. many of them are in prison for murder, rape, kidnapping, etc.

The article said they will be required to wear an ankle monitor but honestly that doesn't make me feel much better
about it.. thoughts?

408 inmates will be released from Alabama prisons Tuesday: What you need to know
So they r letting them out and putting something on them they can cut off and run basically I believe if I’m right if they cut the bracelet off and they run nobody knows right away this person is gone that makes me boil inside knowing this and they r all violent at that crazy now I could b wrong about the bracelet but I don’t think so

I agree completely. I just wondering how there are 20+ people on that list with murder charges that would be set to be released in the next year in the first place. I'd prefer them to not be getting out period but that's not my job to decide lol
I agree

I found a list of the prisoners that are scheduled to be released and their charges.. many of them are in prison for murder, rape, kidnapping, etc.

The article said they will be required to wear an ankle monitor but honestly that doesn't make me feel much better
about it.. thoughts?

408 inmates will be released from Alabama prisons Tuesday: What you need to know
Plus I could c if they let the nonviolent people out like they said they would but other then that no let them stay in serve the time they should do and come out

SBM
The lawsuit alleges the Alabama Department of Corrections (ADOC) failed to meet the statutory victim notification requirements ahead of Tuesday’s retroactive inmate release. [snip] ...the judge determined a temporary retraining order was not needed and ordered that victims be notified.

JMO but I don’t think any violent offender should be released early. I think the sentences violent offenders receive are often far too lenient anyway.

Oh I agree.
How about a law that both requires them to serve their full term and requires monitoring and supervision of the violent offenders? Why not both?

Not in Alabama, but after retiring from a university, my Dad taught business & computer science in a state's penitentiary.

Here at WS, we know plenty about LE and about courts. We know that some defendants have excellent, tirelee, persistent legal representation, others, not so much. We know that some courts work well, and others we, ah, sometimes question imho.

My Dad had 2 students who were convicted murders, from 2 different counties.

Each arrived home to find their wife -- involved -- with another man. Right then & there. Each shot both the wife & the male visitor in their own bed.

Each was convicted of murder.

Now in my mind, these two particular convicted murderers are not much of a threat to citizens. Just don't marry either of them if you tend to wander.

Yes, violent crime. Yes, senseless pain to family members.

But, not all murders are of the BTK/Ted Bundy/Brendt Christensen sort imho.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ
Back