8 Die in Crash on Taconic State Parkway #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES! Thank you Angels Not Forgotten. That was the phrase I couldn't think of....butt dial. That was exactly what I was wondering about but couldn't spit out. And it has been about 10 years since I had a cell phone, so I didn't know if that was possible anymore. That was part of the reason I got rid of it.....phantom butt dialing that cost alot of money. So, from what I get from your post is that that is no longer possible. Someone has to pick up the other line for your phone to continue to accumulate minutes.....did I read that right? What about a kid playing games on the phone? That would not register as minutes correct? It would just run the battery down? Thanks for edumacating me Angels!

Sorry for not seeing this earlier!!

I know with my phone, when whoever is on the other end hangs up, it hangs up my end too. Not saying it's not possible, but my timer stops when the other recipient hangs up and I just see the front screen on my phone again.

And as others posted above, NO cell will hold a charge if being used 9 hours straight...it'll be hard to call it butt dialing if it were on a charger somewhere plugged up...so...i'm not really sure what's going on with the call, but I don't think it was a butt-dial.

I'm thinking that Dan made the 9 hour call on Diane's phone. Maybe talking to the girlfriend he had spent Thursday night with.

I'm thinking that Dan made the 9 hour call on Diane's phone. Maybe talking to the girlfriend he had spent Thursday night with.

That was my first thought when I read about the 9 hour phone call...and when I read that he was MIA Thursday night.....it certainly fits....(IMO)......makes you go "hmmmm".....

I sincerely doubt he would be using Diane's phone. Obviously she would get the bill and wonder why the charge was on her phone if her husband was using her phone.

Oh, for ****'s sake. Diane Schuyler was BOMBED OUT OF HER MIND. What's the difference if she had a stroke?! A stroke didn't make her guzzle vodka so fast her body couldn't process it. Let's check if she had rosacea, too--that's about as consequential. How come the alcohol explanation hasn't stuck?? It makes sense to wonder what led to it, but there ain't no doubt what the direct cause of her driving and crashing is.

Will any of that money go to the parents of the children she murdered? :(

:twocents: If the call was 9 hours on HER phone, it’s her boyfriend. Was he the one she drank and smoked with on all those lonely nights?

Will any of that money go to the parents of the children she murdered? :(

thats an interesting question... seeing as how those would be the very people sued, and then presumably paying it...

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/43738543/ns/today-today_people/

"The relationship and the memory of Schuler are topics that the couple wrestles with constantly."

“When I see the misery in Warren's eyes, I know what he's thinking,’’ Hance writes. “It was his sister who did this, his sister who destroyed our lives. I can't blame him for her actions. And since Diane's not here, I can't take out my anger, my confusion, or my heartache on her. There's no one left to hate. And anyway, we both loved her very much.’’

“When something this terrible happens, your brain simply can't process it — or at least mine couldn't,’’ she writes. “For weeks after the accident I'd wake up thinking it was that Sunday again and that the girls were heading home. And every day my husband or one of my friends would have to tell me the awful news all over again."

The Worst Has Happened: Life After the Death of My Children

It was so horrific it became national news: Two years ago my three little girls were killed when my sister-in-law drove the wrong way down a New York highway. People wonder how you can go on after a tragedy like that. The answer is, you have to.
By Jackie Hance with Janice Kaplan

My life changed so dramatically on July 26, 2009, that I sometimes wonder if I'm still the same person. I used to hear stories of awful tragedies and think of all the reasons it could never happen to me. I found out that the unthinkable can happen to any of us.

http://www.lhj.com/relationships/family/raising-kids/life-after-the-death-of-my-children/

I will have to read this thread and attached articles, since I don't have access to HBO.

Just not sure if the toxicology report says one thing, how can the husband say another thing.

I just watched it - I found it on HBO on demand. Sorry to those without HBO, but you may find it online after its made its run on HBO.

I did not find any new answers on the accident itself in this film, as the majority of the time was spent on Diane Shuler's husband Daniel, and her SIL Jay. Both appeared to me to be very immature, with Daniel exhibiting an extremely lazy and selfish personality, and Jay, well, bless her heart - she's just lost in what she believes is a righteous cause to prove that “something” must have caused Diane to do the unthinkable – as Diane was a Saint, just ask them.

Two past supporters have cameos, Dominic Barbara, the lawyer, and Tom Ruskin, the PI. It was eye opening to see how certain aspects of this sad situation have played out. No more money? then no more hired mouth piece defenders - Daniel and Jay were left to continue on their own after their cash (a lot) was gone. (OT: wonder how that’s going to work out for a certain convicted felon out of Florida).

God bless the Hance, Bastardi and Longo families, they are DS' surviving victims, and the Bastardi's appear in the film. It was calming to see their side of grief, and how they have dealt with it over the past two years. I saw good people who have suffered such unnecessary and painful losses, and they are carrying on.

I was very angry at DS, a stranger to me, for what she did, and saw her as a monster. She murdered babies, fathers and sons – and most were her family. But, I was God smacked at the photos of DS that appear near the end of this film, and I believe it was very symbolic that the film’s producer chose to include them. So final, with no dignity or respect shown to her. If one was looking for it, there is no pound of flesh to be had from DS after seeing these images.

p.s. Caylee Anthony case followers will see a familiar face in this documentary, and there are some very graphic photos at the end.

Wish I had HBO.. would love to watch

I just watched it - I found it on HBO on demand. I won't post my thoughts on the film until others have a chance to see it also.

I will say that Caylee Anthony case followers will see a familiar face in this documentary, and there are some very graphic photos at the end.

I remember when this happened and would laso like to watch it.

I have comcast on demand but just the basic cable and that is to expensive as it is considering the amount of tv I watch which isn't much for lack of time.

Do you have to pay for the HBO on demand if you want to watch a particular show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cecepage