A & E - Anthony Parents Speak 5.28.18

I didn't know about the interview and probably wouldn't have watched it if I had known. I had enough of the Anthonys during the trial and wish they would all just go away forever. Just one comment: In the Facebook photo on the sidebar, Cindy looks rough.

The 'toy' I referred to was a pedal car George pulled out of the attic at the end of the special. He and Cindy talked about putting a 'Caylee' license plate on it and 'raffling it off' to raise money for the Caylee Foundation /Fund or whatever it is called.

IMO, Tim Miller summed up the Anthony's best - they are all actors and they belong in Hollywood.

And, MeanMaryJean, I believe the Caylee Fund/Foundation, the one where, according to People Magazine, Dr Phil paid $600K into, which coincided with the 3-part George & Cindy Anthony interviews back in 2011, was dissolved within the one year and all that $$$ is gone.

https://nonprofitquarterly.org/2012/07/06/why-did-dr-phil-give-600000-to-anthony-charity/

Last edited:
IMO, Tim Miller summed up the Anthony's best - they are all actors and they belong in Hollywood.

And, MeanMaryJean, I believe the Caylee Fund/Foundation, the one where, according to People Magazine, Dr Phil paid $600K into, which coincided with the 3-part George & Cindy Anthony interviews back in 2011, was dissolved within the one year and all that $$$ is gone. Gone where?

https://nonprofitquarterly.org/2012/07/06/why-did-dr-phil-give-600000-to-anthony-charity/

Well it didn't go into the house LOL

And, MeanMaryJean, I believe the Caylee Fund/Foundation, the one where, according to People Magazine, Dr Phil paid $600K into, which coincided with the 3-part George & Cindy Anthony interviews back in 2011, was dissolved within the one year and all that $$$ is gone.

Yes, it did. The Caylee Foundation became non exist as quick as it became existent.

I've said it before, as many of you have also, and I'll say it again...

There is no freaking way the Anthony parents really believe she died in the pool. They literally demolished the car which they claimed didn't smell and kept the pool. There is no way they don't know she was dead in that car for days! They would have sold that car for cash if they really thought it played no play! And there is no way they would keep that pool, and presumably continue to use it and likely let Lee's kid swim in it if Caylee really had drowned in it. No way. They're all lying liars who lie.

The 'toy' I referred to was a pedal car George pulled out of the attic at the end of the special. He and Cindy talked about putting a 'Caylee' license plate on it and 'raffling it off' to raise money for the Caylee Foundation /Fund or whatever it is called.
Some things never change. Greedy, grubbing, shameless manipulators.

So I watched the interview. It was pretty uncomfortable. Kinda a rehash of things they've said in previous interviews but whatever.

However, there was one thing that stood out to me and it was really the only new thing I heard. When Cindy and George were talking to Jeff Ashton, he asked them about the foolproof suffocation search. Cindy said that she believed that the search was made by someone other than Casey that was in the house with her on that day. Now here's the crazy part, George seemed to agree with her. I remember seeing him nodding his head while she was saying this. I think at some other point George said that Casey must've had help but I don't remember distinctly. When asked by Ashton who this mystery person was, she hinted that she actually had someone in mind but didn't want to name them on camera. The show just moved on from there and it was never brought up again.

To me, this has to be followed up on because there has to be a reason both of them believe this theory. I mean, they disagree about Casey's guilt, but they both believe someone else was in that house that day. Seems important. If true, this completely changes the dynamic of that day. Why haven't they brought this up before? Why not after 2012 when the search was made public? Why didn't A&E ask them follow up questions?

Just more of the same "anyone but Casey bs". There was a huge long list of other people and medical problems to blame. Given she drove right to TLs and was talking and texting to bffs all day it is unlikely anyone was logging into her pw protected user account to search foolproof suffocation. Never held accountable for her actions. She was responsible for Caylee.

I watched the whole show and I can tell you this - Cindy is not only in deep, deep denial - but she is STILL putting forward flat out lies.

For example, she was showing pics and video of Casey in high school, saying how the kids called her "Mom" because they all went to Casey with their problems, she was that popular. She said something like, 'and then after she GRADUATED, she became the first real mom of the group'. Casey never graduated. She's still selling that lie.

She said as far as the fool proof suffocation search, there was somebody else in the house with Casey who had performed the search AND erased the history. She said she had CAUGHT THIS GUY DOING IT PREVIOUSLY, ON HER COMPUTER DELETING THINGS ! When Ashton asked "Who?", she said "I don't want to say".

After they were cleaning up the memorial site, they said they don't want to ever come back there, that's not how or where they want to remember Caylee. They want to think of it as just a pile of dirt, some piece of land. And yet, after they removed the cross and fence and all the memorial items, George basically had to yank Cindy out of the woods because she was trying to find a branch to hang her special "Caylee Memorial" bracelet from. She hung up her bracelet on a branch and said nobody will know where it is, but her. So there she is, marking the spot after all.

She was reading through some of the texts between her and Casey, one caught my ear because it was the typical passive-aggressive Cindy she has proven herself to be. It was a birthday message to Casey about how she remembers being in love with the beautiful daughter she had on the day she was born, and she will always love her, and then she writes, "What happened?" in the midst of it.

Again, Cindy denied any wrong doing on Casey's part AT ALL EVER, particularly the stealing from her father's health account and the fight they had the day before Caylee was killed. She never mentioned anything about trying to get custody of Caylee so many times, only that Casey was a WONDERFUL MOTHER. She said nothing about how during that 31 days how she desparately tried to find Caylee, even going as far as Universal when Casey is suddenly in Jacksonville, only that she didn't worry about Caylee because Casey is her mother and she's 'of age' and with people she trusted.

George was the one that told Cindy to "shut up", not the other way around, as said upthread (sorry I can't go back up right now to find the exact comment). Cindy tried to control every answer, every word, and when George tried to tell his story, she kept telling him to hurry up and move on and get past the point. He was talking about the smell in the car and she didn't want to talk about that, so he told her to shut up. She got up and walked out but he calmed her down.

Cindy told George that Casey that got her lying and stealing tendencies from him, that she "learned by example". That was bad.

One thing that threw me a little, was Cindy said that SHE went back a few days later (or did she say weeks later?) and spoke directly with the guy at the tow company, and he told Cindy he didn't smell anything suspicious. I had never heard that before, that Cindy went back to the tow yard and talked to this guy. Then when George said, "I didn't know you did that." I was like, what the heck... is she literally making up a new lie right there on the spot?

Well, my interest in this case started with Cindy. I'd never before or since seen anything like this awful woman. I'm still as fascinated with her today as I was back then.

Thanks for elaborating with details, very helpful post.

Hello Everyone, long time lurker, first commenter. I'm a Lawyer from Europe, Hungary.

I'd like to address the issue of the fool-proof suffocation search as JA presented to the parents in this interview. Kept thinking about their reactions for a while, especially that some of you also pointed out as well - they both seem to agree on the possibility (maybe fact for them), that someone else did the search on the family computer on the 16th of June, not Casey. Now first Cindy, her theory of the pool-accident, whether it is really what she believes or she is aware but in denial, this search does not fit for her anyhow, so she dismisses it naturally. She will never consider the views of GA, not in the near future for sure. George is more interesting bc he thinks Casey gave something to baby Caylee, so she never woke up. Although he puts the blame on his daughter (deeply wrong to give any drugs to a baby) but he does NOT see premeditation - but with the fool-proof suffocation, he should take another step forward and that is nothing else, nothing more than to agree with JA & the Prosecution: 1st degree murder. None of them is ready, not even GA, to see things like they are, they 'could' be with this search made by their daughter on that day. Different stages of denial but still, it is denial. This is the reason why none of them named a person, who could have done this search but quickly moved on. Lucky for them, JA was polite enough not to pursue the topic.

I sometimes feel sorry for GA a bit and honestly, my private opinion is that the women in that family have serious mental issues, or if you want to take it further, rather personality disorder, that is not treatable, such as sociopathy. Gorgeous baby Caylee did not stand a chance.

Hello Everyone, long time lurker, first commenter. I'm a Lawyer from Europe, Hungary.

I'd like to address the issue of the fool-proof suffocation search as JA presented to the parents in this interview. Kept thinking about their reactions for a while, especially that some of you also pointed out as well - they both seem to agree on the possibility (maybe fact for them), that someone else did the search on the family computer on the 16th of June, not Casey. Now first Cindy, her theory of the pool-accident, whether it is really what she believes or she is aware but in denial, this search does not fit for her anyhow, so she dismisses it naturally. She will never consider the views of GA, not in the near future for sure. George is more interesting bc he thinks Casey gave something to baby Caylee, so she never woke up. Although he puts the blame on his daughter (deeply wrong to give any drugs to a baby) but he does NOT see premeditation - but with the fool-proof suffocation, he should take another step forward and that is nothing else, nothing more than to agree with JA & the Prosecution: 1st degree murder. None of them is ready, not even GA, to see things like they are, they 'could' be with this search made by their daughter on that day. Different stages of denial but still, it is denial. This is the reason why none of them named a person, who could have done this search but quickly moved on. Lucky for them, JA was polite enough not to pursue the topic.

I sometimes feel sorry for GA a bit and honestly, my private opinion is that the women in that family have serious mental issues, or if you want to take it further, rather personality disorder, that is not treatable, such as sociopathy. Gorgeous baby Caylee did not stand a chance.

Good points and ITA with you! And welcome to Websleuths!!!

Good points and ITA with you! And welcome to Websleuths!!!

Thank you very much! I am quite fascinated with the common law system and WS is the best community I have ever came across. Originally started by following the Jonbenét Ramsey case.

On a sidenote, the only honest part of this interview I found is that the parents really do love each other. It is not a healthy relationship but in all honesty, many could say the same, the question is only, how came that it all ended up baby Caylee being dead, murdered, disposed in trashbags in the swamp. As GA once said to his 'alleged' affair, who also testified in court 'It was an accident that snowballed out of control.' I only wish someone will talk one day, my bet is on George or maybe Lee; not the women they won't ever tell the truth.

PS.: My personal opinion is still that of the Prosecution, premeditated murder.

George and Cindy have such a bizarre relationship. I feel for George but cannot understand why he doesn’t walk. I guess they are both unemployed and without resources, though.

Cindy’s whole insistence on Casey’s being a great mom was contradicted by her own words. She said she could never go to sleep at night until she knew Caylee was home and tucked in. And it sounds like George and maybe Cindy did most of the care and feeding. Cindy had to get them up every morning. So Casey is pictured playing and hugging Caylee. Fine. Did she do ANY child care?

I believe they didn’t dare press Casey about Caylee’s father out of fear of one of her rage fests. They may have asked once and had their heads torn off. She is just like Cindy in that they throw up a big wall of yelling and crying and manipulating when they hear something they don’t like. George seems to have completely suppressed his own personality so as not to make waves.

Casey’s constantly blowing off her mom at every attempted contact is confirmation, as if I needed any, that she is guilty as hell and has moved on.

ETA: I just remembered Vargas asking Cindy why it was important to maintain a relationship with Casey, and Cindy said it was the only way she could keep hearing stories about Caylee to keep her memory alive (paraphrased). Is she seriously saying she would believe any stories that Casey came up with??

Last edited:
George and Cindy have such a bizarre relationship. I feel for George but cannot understand why he doesn’t walk. I guess they are both unemployed and without resources, though.

Cindy’s whole insistence on Casey’s being a great mom was contradicted by her own words. She said she could never go to sleep at night until she knew Caylee was home and tucked in. And it sounds like George and maybe Cindy did most of the care and feeding. Cindy had to get them up every morning. So Casey is pictured playing and hugging Caylee. Fine. Did she do ANY child care?

I believe they didn’t dare press Casey about Caylee’s father out of fear of one of her rage fests. They may have asked once and had their heads torn off. She is just like Cindy in that they throw up a big wall of yelling and crying and manipulating when they hear something they don’t like. George seems to have completely suppressed his own personality so as not to make waves.

Casey’s constantly blowing off her mom at every attempted contact is confirmation, as if I needed any, that she is guilty as hell and has moved on.

ETA: I just remembered Vargas asking Cindy why it was important to maintain a relationship with Casey, and Cindy said it was the only way she could keep hearing stories about Caylee to keep her memory alive (paraphrased). Is she seriously saying she would believe any stories that Casey came up with??
Unfortunately I don’t believe Cindy’s excuse about keeping in contact with Casey. I think George and Cindy probably have more stories to tell about Caylee than Caylee’s own mother does. I think Cindy uses Caylee as an excuse because it’s the only excuse the public might accept. Bottom line is she loves her daughter unconditionally and doesn’t want to lose her too. JMO

1) Did anyone else catch (i'm sure you did) that when they showed the text messages that were blurred out, there were not of just one sided ones. I think Cindy is in much more contact with Casey than she says.
2) the 'other person' being on the computer. Just who did they allow in the house all the time besides Lee and his GF, who testified that Casey was GREAT with Caylee? I don't think Casey brought her friends there, at least not when her parents were home.
3) The lies were still very obvious... and Cindy will never put it on Casey, because it would make HER look bad. The only 'truth' we will ever get is if Cindy is gone and George lets it out. They have created their own hell they live in, and it won't end until the whole story is out there.... they are tired of being labeled as bad parents... but its their own choosing to not tell the whole truth....
JMO

1) Did anyone else catch (i'm sure you did) that when they showed the text messages that were blurred out, there were not of just one sided ones. I think Cindy is in much more contact with Casey than she says.
2) the 'other person' being on the computer. Just who did they allow in the house all the time besides Lee and his GF, who testified that Casey was GREAT with Caylee? I don't think Casey brought her friends there, at least not when her parents were home.
3) The lies were still very obvious... and Cindy will never put it on Casey, because it would make HER look bad. The only 'truth' we will ever get is if Cindy is gone and George lets it out. They have created their own hell they live in, and it won't end until the whole story is out there.... they are tired of being labeled as bad parents... but its their own choosing to not tell the whole truth....
JMO

I think there's about as much chance of Cindy and George actually thinking that there was someone else involved as there is that Caylee talked about what Cindy thought was "Zanny's dog" , that Cindy actually went back and talked to that tow yard employee and never brought it up until now, that Cindy made the "chloraform" searches because of her yorkies or they really believed that an empty pizza box caused the smell in the car.

Cindy might latch onto these things out of desperation, but I doubt George does.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173
Back