A mom tried to find her missing daughter. She wound up in jail for days

haggis

Reaction score
This article exposes many problems in both the school and law-enforcement systems. Discusses the new Ebony Alert, and the statistics showing the racial disparity when it comes to the police issuing alerts and thus committing resources to a search for a child.

I’m conflicted over this article—at first it makes it seem that the mother (Hartley) and the advocate (Whitfield) were arrested for knocking on someone’s door aggressively. But closer to the end of the article it is revealed that Hartley and Whitfield were with a group of other people, and the incident report says Hartley can be overheard on the 911 call yelling “Open the motherfucking door, or I’m breaking the window, , and coming up in that *advertiser censored*, I swear to God.” She is also the only source of information on this boy, labeling him as predatory and violent.

There is absolutely not enough attention paid to missing black girls, and SFPD absolutely should have taken her report seriously. And then there is the history of police neglect in the Bayview. But I don’t know, something about this framing and this article just feels off.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back