a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Katiecoolady, are there specific jurors you'd be happy to see as alternates, not making it to deliberations? If you'd rather not say, I understand...Just curious.. :)

(PS: THANK YOU for all you do!)

Now it's getting to the point where the discussion about the OT nature of this thread is becoming it's own OT discussion. lol It's like an MC Escher etching where reality just keeps reflecting in on itself. AndI just did it myself.

I think pretty much all the posts today are close to on topic to the observations with the exception of a turkey dinner thrown in. :moo:

mmmmmmmmmtuurrrrkkkeeyyyyy (ala homer simpson )

Katiecoolady, are there specific jurors you'd be happy to see as alternates, not making it to deliberations? If you'd rather not say, I understand...Just curious.. :)

(PS: THANK YOU for all you do!)

Well I have ones I def want there: CEO, tricolor, housewife, ponytail, my 4 pack on the back , juror 2 (trump), Paul Rudd. I'd say the only one I'd be ok w not making it is Maureen but I'm not really worried about any of them.

I TOTALLY agree...from the beginning I have also thought that when JA'S mom laughs during court that she is not being disrespectful... I think that she is thinking:

"boy, her rebellious/hateful spirit finally caught up with her"

I really think her Mom thinks it was only a matter of time before Jodi's snotty behavior got the best of her ...at least this is what I would LIKE to think since I can't imagine (even as a mother) condoning that kind of sociopath behavior...from Jodi's testimony it sounds like she was a hard child to raise... (Can you imagine being dealt the sociopath child card?! Lol!)

Her Mom is doing what any other normal mom would do... loving her child unconditionally wether they are good or bad... Actually, if she wasn't there I would think less of her..

I can't imagine being in her shoes, I bet she's lost a lot of friends because of this...and during a time when she needs her friends most!

Been watching testimony a 2nd time on youtube and honestly, I've seen JA's mom wipe tears away several times . Alot of people say she never cries, and while it's not often, to say "never" isn't fair. One day when JA was being crossed by JM, her aunt was watching with the strangest look on her face - just utter disgust and shock, like she couldn't believe who/what she was watching..that was the most expression I'd seen on either of them. jussayin'..

There is one thing that I think will hurt her: Jodi initially told her that Travis was on the computer masturbating to child *advertiser censored* on Jan 21. When they searched his computer, not a shred of child *advertiser censored* was found. So she changed her story and LV went with it, saying it was all a misunderstanding. I have very firm confidence that Juan will prove that it was not a misunderstanding and that she is covering for Jodi. He'll do it.

But she is very pro women and I do not think she will even consider any behaiour of JA's as abusive towards TA. She will, I think, come out passionately swinging for JA. I do not think she is testifying for $$$ (unlike others) but testifying for her cause.

If JM can illustrate that JA lied to this expert then I hope it will invalidate her theories about JA in the minds of the jurors.

Katie,
I posted this earlier and wanted your thoughts on which juror you think asked this question and the jurors reactions to the answer, as I thought this threw his whole testimony out?

Juror question: since you didn't meet with jodi until Dec 2009, isn't it fair to say you cannot be sure she suffered from PTSD?

-----------
I heard it too. What the he!! is he doing up there testifying? :what:

I dont believe one word from anyone on the defense team .How can they be truthful if everyword she says is a lie!

and the Juan brought it out that he met her in 2010 iirc . wow

She did try to plea to second degree murder with the threat of dragging Travis' name through the mud if the case went to trial. Juan refused and here we are.

I have to say it out loud to somebody.
I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY HATE JODI ARIAS​

She is passive aggressive and really takes joy in getting back at people. She has to have the last word and cannot tolerate being contradicted. Also, she is a sadist deriving delight in tormenting the Alexander family. I am a strong believer in karmic justice and the universe will take care of her. For some, karmic justice seems to come more slowly, but the timing is always appropriate.

I have read a book which has compiled stories of loved ones being contacted by victims of the World Trade Center terrorist attack and I feel that the elephant story posted by KCL is further evidence that our departed loved ones are still very much around us. Travis is communicating with his family. He led his sister to the elephant keyring (?).

KCL, these elephants, on Ebay at http://www.ebay.com/itm/360509452710, are located in Scottsdale, AZ. I put 15 in my cart, after one of the WS' found them & posted about a thousand posts ago. All I need is an address to send them to. Since you are an honorary member of Travis' family, I'm thinking who better than you. Please let me know how you feel about being the matriarch of the 15 little elephant herd to share with the Travis' family and the WS family attending court. Juan and Det. Flores too.

Love to you and all here on WebSleuths. I've finally met others who radiate love, compassion and forgiveness

According to Jeffrey Gold an attorney on Twitter, the protective order motion was to keep Defense Billings from being made public.

the thrilling thing about this to me as a "new" sleuther is I witnessed today some of why this site/group of extraordinary people from all walks of life and professions life experiences had the scoop. WS'er Karmady in response to enquiring minds here at WS went to the courthouse, did the research and got the scoop. yay WS!! It is amazing how everyone here is open minded, brings ideas, what they've read, heard , theorized etc and this community in very little time, without judgemnt, and often due to "insiders like our AZ friends at the moment, synthesizes the info, breaks it down and arrives at answers or newer, better directions. I'm so happy to be here :)

There is one thing that I think will hurt her: Jodi initially told her that Travis was on the computer masturbating to child *advertiser censored* on Jan 21. When they searched his computer, not a shred of child *advertiser censored* was found. So she changed her story and LV went with it, saying it was all a misunderstanding. I have very firm confidence that Juan will prove that it was not a misunderstanding and that she is covering for Jodi. He'll do it.

I don't understand how one becomes a reputable 'expert' in anything if they've ever covered (lied) under oath..especially for a murderer...
How can she be highly regarded if she does this?!

I get that defense attorney's define success by racking up acquitted clients. (Proclaiming all were wrongly accused.. i.e. Jose Baez)

But shouldn't a DV expert be gravely concerned about her reputation when testifying for someone perpetrating violence, when there are pictures? Of double digit stab wounds to the back of his torso & back of his head? Jeez!!

Oh, katie. :) I'm in catchup mode and loving your posts. Thank you!

But it's not a full moon yet. :). It's just over half full. Maybe you meant that as "it sure seems like it" with the various craziness.

:hug:

I heard from several members of the family and the VA that Samantha is handling donations and any monies go,to her to manage. She said to me in court "everything goes to the same place". They are aligned so I think either is safe. Tanisha or Sam address.

Can anyone confirm that raisingyoufoundation@gmail.com is a legit address for donations? It's from the Travis Alexander Legacy Fund facebook page. Cause I'm going to lay down some paypal-fu if it's not. :help:

... On afternoon break. The VA talks to us about being more careful about our body language, passing the journal to each other, notes etc. She says the defense is complaining now and noticing EVERYTHING. This family is on lockdown there every minute in court. How stressful. In case you hadn't noticed I'm an expressive person and having to sit there observing this stuff stone faced is exhausting (and I'm not very good at it to be honest). Another reason to admire this family...

There should be a stand set up outside the courtroom for quickie BOTOX injections. Then EVERYbody would be stone-faced. :D

Katie,
Just wondering if Katie Wicke might be offered a job with HLN after the trial ends. My DH and I really like her and feel that she is doing a fine job as a court reporter on Dr. Drew. Katie is personable, bright, articulate, and very photogenic. She's confident, genuine, and a natural in her role...

Considering that HLN is easing out Jeanne Casarez (& Beth Karas) after this trial is done, and easing in KatieDDJ, it feels like HLN is divorcing the older wife and preparing the home for the younger trophy wife. Don't get me wrong ... KatieDDJ is a natural, and you know she is ready, willing & able for the job as a TH on HLN.

I'm gonna see if it's possible to get a thread that's courtroom observations WITH discussion and one that is exclusively the observations extracted there (you may have to wait to get them over there by the mods but it would concentrate it to just that).

And just as my opinion, when you are getting something at no expense that a person like me, PASA, etc. are doing at our own expense and have no obligation whatsoever to take a note much less share it during our own time off, people might reconsider just what there is to "complain" about. And what is even owed. I know there have been court observers that have said to me "I don't even want to share my notes" because snotty remarks have been made about the timely manner or way they've been shared.

just keepin it real.

With all due respect, KCL, that was a bit harsh on the person who was also trying to keep it real for the many others here who love and appreciate the posts from the actual court observers in this thread ... that is exactly the appeal of this thread and why we come here.

She (or he, but most likely "she") was talking to the OT posters who make it difficult for the rest of us to find the relevant posts which this thread was set up for. I also spent hours scrolling through here looking for whatever you had to report from yesterday.

I understand the OT posters enjoying their own back & forth & back & forth etc., etc., etc., but you are the star of this thread and the reason we spend hours looking for your insights from inside the courtroom (and Happy Hour).

I'm just saying to the OT posters, please be considerate to others here. We are ALL glued to this case, and we ALL appreciate the relevant posts, and relevant responses, etc. But this particular day's thread got out of control.

We're all friends (I hope) and I also enjoy some off topic talk, but let's try to keep it in the proper threads. :truce:

I heard J.K.on JAN today say JM faced off with her in a previous case and he ripped her apart.
Also...off topic but I have such a strong feeling TA thought JA had already left b4 he even got into that shower or said bye bye and then got in thinking she had left. He was NOT allowing those pics of his own free will. He was being forced at gun point imo. Has anyone else seen the close up of his right eye reflection when he's staring at the camera? It's really telling and I do see JA in his eye. Dr Drew was showing that video of TA retelling the burglary story and he, TA says he was trying with all his might through his "retinas" to make the screaming woman shut up...very spooky (for lack of a better word)

What is JAN? Jodi Arias Network aka HLN???

Would love to JM crossing AV on youtube. Has Anyone been able to find any other televised trials of JM online or clips? Other than the Wendi Andriano case on snapped, id love to see him in action on another case.

With all due respect, KCL, that was a bit harsh on the person who was also trying to keep it real for the many others here who love and appreciate the posts from the actual court observers in this thread ... that is exactly the appeal of this thread and why we come here.

She (or he, but most likely "she") was talking to the OT posters who make it difficult for the rest of us to find the relevant posts which this thread was set up for. I also spent hours scrolling through here looking for whatever you had to report from yesterday.

I understand the OT posters enjoying their own back & forth & back & forth etc., etc., etc., but you are the star of this thread and the reason we spend hours looking for your insights from inside the courtroom (and Happy Hour).

I'm just saying to the OT posters, please be considerate to others here. We are ALL glued to this case, and we ALL appreciate the relevant posts, and relevant responses, etc. But this particular day's thread got out of control.

We're all friends (I hope) and I also enjoy some off topic talk, but let's try to keep it in the proper threads. :truce:

You spent HOURS looking for my posts from yesterday? Word. That's a lot of searching.

I think other posters made a great suggestion...if you're looking for my posts just click on my name and scroll back and it will be pretty obvious where my courtroom observations are. That should take mere minutes instead of hours.

I will add that this thread has observations AND comments/ questions about those observations. As much as there were a few off topic posts like about turkey, for the most part it's been discussion about the actual observations. By nature this thread will involve poster's observations then discussion on those observations. If someone wants an actual "observations only" thread I suggest they ask the moderators for the permission to create that (the mods are also swamped with duties). Then find the observations as they come in and copy them to a thread that has no talk.

But for now, this thread I think will continue to be observations plus conversation about the observations.

Sorry if that sounds "harsh" but, to me, what's gotten a bit "much" is the expectation of what's entitled when all of this we are serving up for FREE at our own expense, time, energy and in my case a small case of burnout. All the "spanking" on this thread is it's own off topic conversation going on.

My posts are very easy to find and frankly shouldn't take "hours" (if anyone wants to compare hours invested here, I'm all in--how about PASA's "hours" sitting in line to even get in the courtroom then still taking time away from her husband to come here and post). Something is not right if that's what is happening. I posted last night I would be posting today. And I did this morning in my usual style of observer posting. Ok now I need to go to bed as I've given this topic way too much energy as it is.

I'll take an off topic turkey dinner (with champagne) over this. :eek:fftobed:

(note: other court observers are there and don't even post in here...I wonder why...)

So Juan has already been in a trial where LaViolette was an expert?????

thats what Jean K said on HLN today, she read an article about it. Her statement was during the 2-3 pm hour, who's the dark haired man? I think it was while Katie DDJ was on his show too.

What is JAN? Jodi Arias Network aka HLN???

Would love to JM crossing AV on youtube. Has Anyone been able to find any other televised trials of JM online or clips? Other than the Wendi Andriano case on snapped, id love to see him in action on another case.

LOL, she(JA)wishes.. yes HLN, see my previous reply up thread

I don't understand how one becomes a reputable 'expert' in anything if they've ever covered (lied) under oath..especially for a murderer...
How can she be highly regarded if she does this?!

I get that defense attorney's define success by racking up acquitted clients. (Proclaiming all were wrongly accused.. i.e. Jose Baez)

But shouldn't a DV expert be gravely concerned about her reputation when testifying for someone perpetrating violence, when there are pictures? Of double digit stab wounds to the back of his torso & back of his head? Jeez!!

I predict that the DV expert will not dispute the injuries to TA. She will use them. She will claim they prove that JA was so abused that she finally released all the shame, fear and humiliation in a wild burst of energy against his domination of her.

Katie, we know the date & time of day this happened..what time does does the sun go down in June out there?

IMO, she had to have been covered in blood - what's your opinion as to how she got out of the house & into her car (which wasn't parked in the garage, but I assume the driveway, no?) without being seen? It's a neighborhood, and in June at 6 o 6:30pm, most neighborhoods have kids on bikes, mom's walking strollers, etc.. how'd she avoid being seen by anyone?

------------
Hi, Way back it was posted she took a shower at Travis'. She may well have had a change of clothes there too. It was debated whether she showered with him in there dead.:what:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592