a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I'm so freaking beat I'm actually gonna take a shower and hit the hay...although just got a call from some more of my posse who are heading back to the room so they may drag me in to a third wind....;)

What a day.

I can't tell you how really moving it was to sit here with Katie, PASA and Dave Hughes (who didn't get in) in the dark watching the closings all day. Dave would frequently stop and tell us stories of Travis. Although I'd have loved to be in the courtroom in solidarity with the family, it was luxurious to be able to emote (tears were flowing) and talk and express ourselves (ok a double bird did fly toward JA) while the closings were going on.

I thought Juan did a fantastic job. I'll never forget today to be honest.

We spent a few hours on the rooftop and then went over to the HLN Live area and I spoke for awhile with Beth (who said "I really want to hang out with you and have some girl talk" awwww she likes me! :D ). Of course Bill, etc.

I want to be rested for tomorrow as I heard Tanisha asked where I was today so I will show up and be there should they have a seat for me and will be with them. If not we'll wash,rinse,repeat from today and PASA comes back and Angie and others. Of course we have good snacks. :blushing:

This has been such an amazing experience in terms of all the loving connections and bonding that's been going on I can't even describe it in words. There are a continual flow of tears turning in to laughter and "I love yous" all over the place. And as I'm writing this an Alexander sibling texts me asking "How are you doing?". ME? How am I doing? What a family I tell ya!

Ok.....Nurmi tomorrow. Ok but Juan gets the last swing and it will be a mighty one.

I will watch the entire Juan closing again as we were a bit loose at times..honestly if Dave wanted to share a Travis story while it was going on, I put my ears on pause for the closing and focused on him. What an incredibly moving day.

xoxo

Well scratch that bed plan...headed out to meet the Alexanders............I'll sleep once this trial is over. ;)
Mostly without words here this morning.. except to say thank you and please tell Pasa I am so glad she was able to be with you. At first, I was adamant about not sitting through Nurmi's closing but decided this morning that I would .. hoping that I might take some small burden from the shoulders of his family and friends, at least in spirit.

Hi guys,

I'm so freaking beat I'm actually gonna take a shower and hit the hay...although just got a call from some more of my posse who are heading back to the room so they may drag me in to a third wind....;)

What a day.

I can't tell you how really moving it was to sit here with Katie, PASA and Dave Hughes (who didn't get in) in the dark watching the closings all day. Dave would frequently stop and tell us stories of Travis. Although I'd have loved to be in the courtroom in solidarity with the family, it was luxurious to be able to emote (tears were flowing) and talk and express ourselves (ok a double bird did fly toward JA) while the closings were going on.

I thought Juan did a fantastic job. I'll never forget today to be honest.

We spent a few hours on the rooftop and then went over to the HLN Live area and I spoke for awhile with Beth (who said "I really want to hang out with you and have some girl talk" awwww she likes me! :D ). Of course Bill, etc.

I want to be rested for tomorrow as I heard Tanisha asked where I was today so I will show up and be there should they have a seat for me and will be with them. If not we'll wash,rinse,repeat from today and PASA comes back and Angie and others. Of course we have good snacks. :blushing:

This has been such an amazing experience in terms of all the loving connections and bonding that's been going on I can't even describe it in words. There are a continual flow of tears turning in to laughter and "I love yous" all over the place. And as I'm writing this an Alexander sibling texts me asking "How are you doing?". ME? How am I doing? What a family I tell ya!

Ok.....Nurmi tomorrow. Ok but Juan gets the last swing and it will be a mighty one.

I will watch the entire Juan closing again as we were a bit loose at times..honestly if Dave wanted to share a Travis story while it was going on, I put my ears on pause for the closing and focused on him. What an incredibly moving day.

xoxo

Well scratch that bed plan...headed out to meet the Alexanders............I'll sleep once this trial is over. ;)

:seeya:
Prayers with all of you Katie.
I watched what I could at work yest. Am off today so will be in front of the tv watching again.
Hi to PASA.

Give the family and each other my love.
xoxo

Of course the rebuttal would be that there were no markings on the receipt to indicate a refund was issued at any store.

AND, she had the third gas can in Utah. Nurmi would be crazy to bring that up.

Good Morning All!

Katie, I am so pleased you had such a positive day with such a wonderful group of people. I also hope you get a seat today. I was happy to see Pasa and hope things go well with her father. As for hearing the wonderful Travis stories, you are so fortunate.

My prayers go out to the entire Alexander family and friends as, if yesterday was difficult to listen to, today will be even more so. Blessings on them all who have to sit in the presence of the Evil One yet another day.

I hate the idea of listening to a day of Nurmi, but will do it as I have watched every minute of the trial. I, too, think he's going to make a fiasco with the gas cans. He will also rely heavily on Samuels, LaViolette, and Geffner to bolster his arguments.

It's too bad the jury already has their number, aside from what Juan said yesterday. He was amazing.

AND, she had the third gas can in Utah. Nurmi would be crazy to bring that up.

If I remember the Walmart lady's testimony correctly, didn't she say she went the extra mile searching the system and saw that no gas can had been returned in any local Walmart that day, nor over the whole next 7 or more days?

This one really got me. So good to see a smile on their faces........then I noticed the T-Dogg shirt and I burst into tears.

This one really got me. So good to see a smile on their faces........then I noticed the T-Dogg shirt and I burst into tears.

Thank you News Junkie! LOVE this picture. I really do not think KCL even realizes what a huge gift she is to so many. That shirt is wonderful. Thank you for always posting these pics. LOVE THEM.

GREAT pic. SO nice to see the smiles!!
xoxoxoxo to you both (and all of you).

Mostly without words here this morning.. except to say thank you and please tell Pasa I am so glad she was able to be with you. At first, I was adamant about not sitting through Nurmi's closing but decided this morning that I would .. hoping that I might take some small burden from the shoulders of his family and friends, at least in spirit.

I know this is kinda OT talk, but I just have to say that when I think of muting Nurmi or JW - I stop and think, the family can't mute them and the pain it causes me to listen to them, or JA, is so insignificant compared to the pain of the family and the PAIN TRAVIS ENDURED. So I will listen and rub my ears later.

:blushing::greetings: Being on the newbie-side of things myself I just wanted to say :Welcome1: (is it weird that I'm so happy to be able to say that? I think my love of all things websleuths is showing :blushing:)

The kindness and love and pure acceptance I've felt here at a time in my life when I need it most has literally brought more than a few tears to my eyes. I am so proud to be associated with the countless Angels here and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that my life is forever changed because of a wonderful man I never met and his amazingly strong Family, as well as each and every one of you here.

God Bless you all, God Bless Travis Alexander and God Bless the Alexander Family! Juan Martinez has got this and speaking of Mr Martinez, he is one man I know for sure is an Angel here on Earth!

KCL I am in such awe of you and Travis's Angels -- what you (and everyone who has donated time/money/gifts) have done for the family.

In a world where we are constantly reminded of evil and the horrible things that people can do to each other, you are a beacon of light and hope in the world.

You give 110% so selflessly. I am truly in awe. You are an angel, but not so in disguise!

YOU ROCK! :rockon:

*sigh. the second Walmart did NOT open until 2010. You would think HLN could at least do a google search before airing their garbage.

*sigh. the second Walmart did NOT open until 2010. You would think HLN could at least do a google search before airing their garbage.

That would be hilarious if Nurmi was watching and decided to use that information and have it blow up in his face when Juan Martinez gives the correct information.

What a lovely picture! And I have to say, not only do the Alexanders seem like such classy, compassionate, and kind people but they are also beautiful (inside and out) as well. Steven is a handsome young man, as was Travis and his sisters are absolutely gorgeous.

Anxiously awaiting justice to be served and I have the family in my thoughts each day. June 4th is sadly my birthday (June 4th 2008 was my 23rd birthday) and I will forever think of him on that day. While I have never met him and learned of him only through this trial, through the words of his friends and family, through the poem he wrote his ex-girlfriend, and through the photos and videos I've seen of him, he seems like a really great guy and it breaks my heart to think of what he endured on those last moments of his life. But, rather than be sad on my birthdays to come, while celebrating my life I will celebrate Travis' as well and hold him in my thoughts forever.

Martinez was absolutely outstanding yesterday! Giant kudos to him. I'll admit to not liking his way of cross examining people BUT he made up for it. God, he was good! One of his best descriptions was saying that Travis could see her stabbing him in the back while he was standing/looking at the mirror.

Does anybody know why Dr. Drew's juror, Katie, hasn't been on his show lately?? I haven't seen her in the courtroom either. Thanks.

Ok I'm gonna head over this morning and see if the family has a space for me and if not, coming back, getting back in my jammies and watching on the Palomar Home Theatre (my room). PASA is coming back down as well as a few others so there will be a viewing here but just not sure what's the seat situation at the courthouse and someone last night did ask I come down so that's what I'm doing!

Either way, we will all be groaning with Nurmi's Travisbashfest but good luck with that after Juan and Juan of course will be up last which will be the good note to carry this home.

I'll keep ya updated.

Any local people, that HLN Live area is really kind of cool to see (esp at night). It's that goofy After Dark that's being filmed but just to see it..and closing today will be streamed there all day again. Just kinda hot but it was a bit of a scene...Jane Valez Mitchell's there all evening, saw Beth K there last night etc. Might wanna check it out.

JUSTICE IS COMING!

Ok I'm gonna head over this morning and see if the family has a space for me and if not, coming back, getting back in my jammies and watching on the Palomar Home Theatre (my room). PASA is coming back down as well as a few others so there will be a viewing here but just not sure what's the seat situation at the courthouse and someone last night did ask I come down so that's what I'm doing!

Either way, we will all be groaning with Nurmi's Travisbashfest but good luck with that after Juan and Juan of course will be up last which will be the good note to carry this home.

I'll keep ya updated.

Any local people, that HLN Live area is really kind of cool to see (esp at night). It's that goofy After Dark that's being filmed but just to see it..and closing today will be streamed there all day again. Just kinda hot but it was a bit of a scene...Jane Valez Mitchell's there all evening, saw Beth K there last night etc. Might wanna check it out.

JUSTICE IS COMING!
Fingers crossed you get in today! Would love to know who is who on the family side. Such grace under fire. I do think they feel better when you are near. A security blanket of sorts. JMO

I know this is kinda OT talk, but I just have to say that when I think of muting Nurmi or JW - I stop and think, the family can't mute them and the pain it causes me to listen to them, or JA, is so insignificant compared to the pain of the family and the PAIN TRAVIS ENDURED. So I will listen and rub my ears later.

Absolutely! I wasn't going to pay close attention until I read this and realized how selfish that would be for me. For the family I will listen, knowing Juan has everything covered that they may try to throw.

Love, hugs, and support to Travis' family, friends, and followers. :heartbeat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member