Abandoned house demolished

Ok timing is EXTREMELY weird! If they got a tip could it have been from the city saying hey we have to demo this house do you wanna check it out ~ so they did. There ARE ALOT of similarities in this case with the Zhara case and I know this may sound crude or brash but the name Lisa and Elisa(Zahras murderer) just turns my stomach to think about...and the fact she was born right after all the publicity about Zahras death. BUT... it is unsettling to me the fact in soooo many cases not just Zahra's which I am most familiar with but how many times do LE search an area and not find anything and then low and behold later they found they missed something! I personally witnessed LE search the scene where Zahras " remains" were found 3 times before finding her. And still someone else found a briefcase @ one of the search scenes. ITs JMO but I think even if the the demo was scheduled...and needed to happen...could there not have been another solution to MAKE sure the area was secure from the public harm? I mean what about the homeless man theories...what if he left a trace there or had been living there temporarily? I know a lot of what ifs but just too many for me to feel easy about the demolishing of this home after such an intensive search of the cistern. Yes it needed to be done if the home was this bad BUT did it need to be done today?? still uneasy here...

I'm just happy there's not a wood chipper. But yes, there are a lot of similarities. I didn't even realize.

O/T

Another odd coincidence I noticed last night: on the wall of the Irwin home are plaques that say, "Live, Love, Laugh". Wallpaper border on wall of Baker living room? "Live, Love, Laugh".

(Not relevant, of course...but like I said, eery.)

It may have just been the day that demo was scheduled and LE went to check it out first. IMHO

I hope the cistern is going to be filled in and somehow made safe too! I know a lot of curious people or younger ones would be poking around after clean up.

I am surprised it was so quickly done, given the search, but LE must be certain there was nothing in the place. Guess one way to get rid of a headache home on the list for demolishing is to have an investigation spun around it.

I hope the cistern is going to be filled in and somehow made safe too! I know a lot of curious people or younger ones would be poking around after clean up.

I am surprised it was so quickly done, given the search, but LE must be certain there was nothing in the place. Guess one way to get rid of a headache home on the list for demolishing is to have an investigation spun around it.

BBM
Now why couldn't I say that so well, in so few words? :doh: thank you!

I'm just an old fool when it comes to properties like this, regardless of condition. Nothing like an old ramshackle, falling down, mess, to tug my heartstrings. I'm cringing - hope there were no tin ceilings, fancy moldings, some ugly antique decoration in the attic, or one lousy antique doorknob in the place. :panic:

Indamiddle + others - I completely understand your POV + have no doubt the owner had dragged feet, etc. I also have no doubt officials used this as a means to "git er dun!", that's what raises my hackles. I'm NO fan of eminent domain in most cases. Not long ago, nearby "home", this was used to allow "progress" in a quaint, old fashioned small town. The locals lost a great deal of "history" + family homes. Some were like this one, a rat's nest, a mess, an eyesore, probably dangerous, BUT they were still standing old relics of a time gone by + were part of a family's history + current owned property, some still lived in, no matter how "unsafe" they were. Those families, to be blunt, got screwed by the town. I'm still a little cranky over it. :eek: Just for full disclosure + all.

Same here codger. I'd be all over that abandoned house looking for treasures. Hence the I hope they filled in the cistern, 'cause I would be the one to not notice and fall in. :crazy:

A tipster had suggested that police check the decaying home in the city's Northland neighborhood. Unoccupied for years, it is about four blocks from the Irwin home. While there, police discovered the well under a deck, officials said.

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/news...a+Irwin+case/5534054/story.html#ixzz1aabnW8N9

then posted today...

Police said they were prompted to make that search after neighbors reported seeing a man they believed to be homeless walking through the area about a week earlier. The house was later demolished

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1aabx80eQ

I guess they still have no ruled out the homeless man and are taking it seriously..I still can't believe they demolished the house..

Same here codger. I'd be all over that abandoned house looking for treasures. Hence the I hope they filled in the cistern, 'cause I would be the one to not notice and fall in. :crazy:
I'd gladly volunteer to search for every surface fiber, trace of DNA, cigarette ash or other miniscule bit of evidence, "just in case", and bag it all for LE, if they'd "pay" me, by allowing me to keep all the broken junk I could dig out a few layers down :D

This is really irritating me. IF there's ANY chance the homeless / handy guy, or anyone else possibly connected to Lisa + her disappearance, wandered that property, then, :cursing:
So, I have to assume there was no chance of that. So I have to assume this was a means to an end for the city not Lisa. :maddening:

IMO when LE keeps things close to the vest, it's best for the victims + solving cases. They're doing a superb job of that in this case. We know next to nothing about the parent's lifestyle, acquaintances, nearby family, routine + so much more, which seems odd. I say that because in past cases I've followed, there is usually some chatter early on. Snippets I've read / heard - informants suggesting check acquaintances, neighbors / teen + homes + reputations, homeless handy guy, dumpster fire, man carrying baby in diaper that night, locations of those... drive me mad trying to guess what LE has for evidence, ruling out all things that might lead to this property. I'd love to know the local scoop - was this place regularly used as a party spot, homeless hangout, how often unsavory sorts went in + out, was anyone/s squatting there + so on.

A tipster had suggested that police check the decaying home in the city's Northland neighborhood. Unoccupied for years, it is about four blocks from the Irwin home. While there, police discovered the well under a deck, officials said.

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/news...a+Irwin+case/5534054/story.html#ixzz1aabnW8N9

then posted today...

Police said they were prompted to make that search after neighbors reported seeing a man they believed to be homeless walking through the area about a week earlier. The house was later demolished

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1aabx80eQ

I guess they still have no ruled out the homeless man and are taking it seriously..I still can't believe they demolished the house..

BBM
If they haven't ruled him out + think he was nearby... why in tarnation did they bulldoze the house moments after the cistern search? :waitasec:

Looking at the map,

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151156"]Maps related to case and search areas - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thank you nursebeeme!

Lisa's home, man walking with baby in diaper, dumpster fire, abandoned house, are all on a fairly direct route + not a long distance from start to finish. I've pondered what would be included if that route was extended, but am in no way familiar with the area.

I'd gladly volunteer to search for every surface fiber, trace of DNA, cigarette ash or other miniscule bit of evidence, "just in case", and bag it all for LE, if they'd "pay" me, by allowing me to keep all the broken junk I could dig out a few layers down :D

This is really irritating me. IF there's ANY chance the homeless / handy guy, or anyone else possibly connected to Lisa + her disappearance, wandered that property, then, :cursing:
So, I have to assume there was no chance of that. So I have to assume this was a means to an end for the city not Lisa. :maddening:

IMO when LE keeps things close to the vest, it's best for the victims + solving cases. They're doing a superb job of that in this case. We know next to nothing about the parent's lifestyle, acquaintances, nearby family, routine + so much more, which seems odd. I say that because in past cases I've followed, there is usually some chatter early on. Snippets I've read / heard - informants suggesting check acquaintances, neighbors / teen + homes + reputations, homeless handy guy, dumpster fire, man carrying baby in diaper that night, locations of those... drive me mad trying to guess what LE has for evidence, ruling out all things that might lead to this property. I'd love to know the local scoop - was this place regularly used as a party spot, homeless hangout, how often unsavory sorts went in + out, was anyone/s squatting there + so on.
That usually means that there is no 'dirt' to report. The 'dirt' the media was hyping on was actually only a little dust IMO.

Don't know anything about hangout/squatter scoop except it was obviously about ready to cave in on itself. It really was way beyond saving and just waiting for somebody to get hurt there. It was OBVIOUS!

Not sure where to post this but they apparently demolished the house after the search of the well:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well search reveals nothing in Lisa case

NBC Action News investigator Ryan Kath spoke with the property owner, who said the house has been vacant for about two years, adding someone would have to look under the deck to know the well is there. He said he hasn't been by the property in several months, and was waiting to sell the house until a "better time."

The search of the well concluded around 2:20 p.m. Tuesday afternoon after about four hours. Nothing was found related to the case, police said.

Later Tuesday.afternoon, the vacant house was demolished, however the reason for the demolition is not yet clear.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpps/shared/search-for-lisa-irwin-moves-to-nearby-vacant-house_6813201

This thread belongs to THIS topic <look up!>

Also, there was some sleuthing the record of someone with the same name as DB in here, but it wasn't her!!! WATCH IT!

Get back on topic and that mistake would not have happened. Let's not make it worse on DB than it already is, please.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15687317/day-10-private-investigator-interviews-baby-lisas-parents-family

While watching the news video clip here, there was a comment made in reference to a homeless guy, nicknamed "Josie" who had been seen wandering in and out of the abandoned home where they searched the cistern / well. Earlier reports had him seen "in the area" but this particular news clip indicates he was in + out of the house particularly. Of course he may have absolutely nothing to do with Lisa's disappearance, BUT if it should turn out that he does. Well they just bulldozed the house he was known to frequent :cursing:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151284"]neighbors being questioned about handyman - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...earch-wooded-area-near-her-home#ixzz1abIIKps0

Sorry in the OP of the thread above, the linked video report states his nickname is "Jersey" not Josie as I typed it above. The only mention there of the abandoned house was that Jersey was known to stay at a house nearby it AND a house a couple doors down from Lisa's home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror
Back