Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #176

Status
Not open for further replies.

It would appear I’m not the only one that feels the D are indeed ready for trial! Very much looking forward to seeing what the P has, OR doesn’t! What wrench will the P attempt to throw at the D now? Get ready Nick, it’s SHOW TIME!

You know, I saw that at a pretty unreliable source, I think the Mirror. I can look and see if it's at some more credible ones, though. And I did hear Gary Brucato comment on this, the criminologist Gary Brucato, and he said, you know, what are the odds of that?? That Kline's around in this area and this is all unrelated, a completely different killer was involved. (I'd have to go back on the tape though and see if Brucato's just noting Kline's association with the area or actual presence at the area.) And actually, okay, source I originally saw was t<modsnip - not an approved source>

Oh, also the Murder Sheet, seeing this: “'As it turned out, our sources tell us, Kegan Kline had searched for the location of the Marathon Gas station in Delphi on the day of the murders.' The Murder Sheet podcasters go on to detail how the FBI failed to obtain the surveillance footage from the Marathon Gas station, thus eliminating any opportunity to discover whether or not it contained any footage relevant to the investigation. Could someone resembling Kline or bridge guy have appeared on that footage?"

Also seeing this: Police said the "anthony_shots" account told someone online about Libby: "I was supposed to meet that girl, but she never showed up." But Kline said in the interview he never would have met with Libby in person.

I see what you mean on the idea that he's not proven to be there, and appreciated that you're noting this. But when you connect the dots, it looks to me like he may well have been there. Not a given, though, definitely not proven, so appreciated.
It wouldn’t surprise me at all if he were there, just haven’t seen anything proving that he was (since the camera footage was lost). The fact that he looked up directions and said that he was supposed to meet LG at the bridge that day but that she didn’t show is very…wait for it…fishy!!

Last edited by a moderator:

It would appear I’m not the only one that feels the D are indeed ready for trial! Very much looking forward to seeing what the P has, OR doesn’t! What wrench will the P attempt to throw at the D now? Get ready Nick, it’s SHOW TIME!
Does anyone else think justice Gull will sit on the motion for the max time she is allowed to before ruling to dismiss it? Seriously. Many motions she seems to have just not gotten to for months and months (I forget who but sometime not too long ago a member posted when motions were filed and ruled on. It was a massive delay in some of those!). Is there even a max time by which she must rule on this motion? Is she likely to wait until the outcome of the 18th contempt hearing?

This image terrifies me, too. Like everyone else here has likely done, I’ve stared at it for hours. I think I see his right hand holding a cigarette (with shadows or artifacts) and possibly smoke being blown out of his mouth. I also started thinking that the weird outline in white near the top of his shirt reminds me of the Fox Racing wolf outline logo. Then, I remembered what @FrostedGlass reported in post #725 about items seized from the search of RA’s home; two of those items were a black and green Fox hooded sweatshirt and a UFC sweatshirt (both extreme sports, IMO). Wonder if that black and green Fox hooded sweatshirt is Fox Racing? The BG photo is so distorted, but that white outline is so unusual. All just MOO.
Huh... I never really considered a black tee with a white print.

ssrco,slim_fit_t_shirt,womens,101010:01c5ca27c6,front,square_product,600x600.jpg

Huh... I never really considered a black tee with a white print.

ssrco,slim_fit_t_shirt,womens,101010:01c5ca27c6,front,square_product,600x600.jpg
I’ve looked closely at both pics posted (this one and the “whale tail” print) and neither seems to look like whatever white thing BG had close to his neck. The print on both T’s appears lower and does not resemble whatever he’s wearing or hiding, to me at least. Nice try though, with the CVS t-shirt. :)

I also don’t think the jacket was a Carhartt jacket. I know tradesmen that wear them, my late son had one in a mustard yellow (or close to that) and it just looked different, more substantial, stiffer, heavier. The jacket that BG is wearing reminds me of a windbreaker, lighter softer material. Someone mentioned snaps. I have a jacket that has a zipper and snaps. If I’m in a hurry to go and it’s not too cold out, I just do up the snaps and skip the zipper. That’s what BG’s jacket looks like to me. JMO

I’ve looked closely at both pics posted (this one and the “whale tail” print) and neither seems to look like whatever white thing BG had close to his neck. The print on both T’s appears lower and does not resemble whatever he’s wearing or hiding, to me at least. Nice try though, with the CVS t-shirt. :)

I also don’t think the jacket was a Carhartt jacket. I know tradesmen that wear them, my late son had one in a mustard yellow (or close to that) and it just looked different, more substantial, stiffer, heavier. The jacket that BG is wearing reminds me of a windbreaker, lighter softer material. Someone mentioned snaps. I have a jacket that has a zipper and snaps. If I’m in a hurry to go and it’s not too cold out, I just do up the snaps and skip the zipper. That’s what BG’s jacket looks like to me. JMO
Totally agreed on this. Snaps or clips. I don't think that's a zipper jacket, either. And it looks a little more supple. The white-- I don't think that's a print shirt. I think that's actually protruding. Pretty sure on the PCA they noted they took an Aquafina bottle from RA's home, maybe they were wondering if what we're seeing in the image was like a drinking bottle plastic white straw protruding out of the jacket. I hate to annoy with this, but I'm becoming really fascinated w/the idea that's a mic. It looks like one in terms of the shape. Obviously MOO, I'd swear that's a mic.

I tend to agree with you on the jacket. My hubby has a Carhartt, too, and like your son’s, it’s more substantial, stiffer, heavier. BG’s jacket reminds me of a windbreaker, too…you can see the folds on his arms where the material bunches up. I think I see the inner snaps and outer zipper closures. What is the “whale tail” print to which you referred?

Hey, that was just a random picture of a black tee with white lettering. :rolleyes:
Seriously though, I remember when there was finally a little video rather than just stills, it looked more like it was moving independently to me. Like tubes or wires or ties of some sort. It has driven me nuts for 7 years now.

Absolutely agree.
I think RA is BG, killed the girls and acted alone. My opinion always was this is a lone wolf
Envisioning one BG hurting both girls has always been difficult when 2 or 3 participants seem to apply as well.
, a mix of a planned crime with a crime of opportunity in the sense someone
Was his sudden plan to kidnap two, then kill one so he could SA the other one before killing her? The horrors of it.
(RA in my opinion) often walks on trails
It's been said from beginning that the killer was local. We've seen images where he enjoyed hiking in mountainous regions. He's an outdoorsy kind of guy.
and had that fantasy in mind but neved acted because the opportunity neves came or came but he never had "guts" to act until now.
How long was the wish, the burning desire, the electric fantasy, be dreamed before he saw the two girls walking at the trails on FEB 13? His mind immediately said, "let's roll." Packing heat, he went for two teenagers at one time. So very risky.
In that day, the opportunity worked for him and he acted, unfortunately. I think the motive was something like a sexual motive( don't need to have SA to be a sexual motive)/fullfill a fantasize/thrilling killing.
The first warrants went out for the residences of RSOs. LE dug deep into RSO and checked probations, etal. We endured JC and KK investigations into sex motivated crimes. There must be a sexual component to their murders that only the killer, and hopefully, LE, knows.
He had enough time (more than an hour) at the crime scene for stage the crime scene
Surprising to me, that in a part of the staging, there was a reenactment in the woods of one person gathering random sticks from nearby and placing them in the likeness as in the FM. Back and forth the actor picked up random twigs, sticks, logs, then walked back to place them down in the likeness. It took 10 minutes to accomplish but there were no fresh cuts made which might add a bit of time to the ten.

We've seen the CS floor littered with leaves, logs, sticks and twigs everywhere. Ron Logan said the next day that the CS area was "pristine" as if nothing violent happened there. How did BG manage to leave behind a pristine Crime Scene but walk away muddy?

Tis stupid to walk down side of the road after committing a double murder.

I agree with you on the jacket here. I think it’s a nylon snap and zip closure jacket. It looks in the video that he has snapped some of the buttons and the jacket is pulling a bit and straining the buttons.
I don’t think it’s carhart either- it seems too thin and no label is visible on the front.
I honestly have doubts he still had the jacket or jeans when they served the search warrant.
He had put on quite a bit of weight and it would hand been cheap and easy to replace those items without any suspicion during the 5 years prior.

MOO just in tge pocket of the blue jacket or whatever is the layer below. Nothing fancy, just a gun in his pocket with the grip, the heavy part inward to his center if mass.

BG is nothing fancy for sure. In looking at my jacket pockets, the brand Columbia jackets with the huge zippered side pockets are large enough to hold a Sig Sauer P226 which measures in at 7.7"L x 5.5"H x 1.5"W. Not many pockets could accommodate the size. Besides, it weighs a hefty 34oz - prob a pound loaded.

Nevertheless, BG has the firearm placed in a manner in which he could draw with his right hand, if it's in his pocket, and the weapon would be pointed outward, allegedly at a target.

I don't see RA as a fashion icon wearing trendy expensive name brand clothing as he seems more simply dressed as when casually playing pool. Do Pharm Techs at CVS wear blue smocks at work?

Another thing I wonder is if RA paid cash for his home, and didn't operate new vehicles, what had he been spending his income on in the past 6 years? No boats, no swimming pool, no country club fees, no savings.

We could go to trial in May if all goes well!

I've been doing the Bridge Guy Rorschach test for too long. Is it pretty much a consensus that he is wearing a fanny pack, or is there still a question of whether that might be a hoodie tail? I thought for sure that was a pouch, but now I'm wondering.

If he didn't do it, why doesn't he want a trial immediately?! He should demand his right to a speedy trial. Why is he sitting in jail? He has a life, a job, a family...honestly, if I was in jail for a crime like this, and knew that there was absolutely no doubt that there wouldn't be any direct evidence that would link me to the crime, I would say, let's do it.

So...there is obviously something here.

I personally don't believe RA knew about Libby's video at the time he came forward to the conservation officer and told him he was there in that clothing on that bridge.

Just think of that.. he thinks I will tell them I was there because so were many others. Nobody saw me take the girls, they just saw me walking the trail. I will just come out and tell them I was there and didn't see anything.

That would have worked very well if there was no video of him on the bridge taken by the victim. He claims to have not even seen the girls, yet he was there on the bridge in the clothing BG was wearing in Libby's video.
I think Richard Allen has given LE most of the evidence used against him.

I think if he was guilty it was not smart to come forward right away. No one would have suspected anything. LE constantly gets tips from people who want to insert themselves into cases.

Does anyone know what day the actual details of the crime were released, like the timestamp of the Liberty German phone video? When was the time the girls were dropped off at the Mears entrance revealed to the public?

I think that by waiting and getting more information he could have formulated a better story for the conservation officer. As far as I know, there is not any video of when Richard Allen actually left the Monon High Bridge area in his car. Maybe he was in the woods committing the crime and maybe he left the old CPS building at 3:30pm like he told the conservation officer, but can it be proven in court?

I think Richard Allen has given LE most of the evidence used against him.

I think if he was guilty it was not smart to come forward right away. No one would have suspected anything. LE constantly gets tips from people who want to insert themselves into cases.

Does anyone know what day the actual details of the crime were released, like the timestamp of the Liberty German phone video?

Libby's video lasts 43 seconds. The image of Abby was taken at 2:07pm. According to GrayHughes, the BG image in Libby's video is taken between 2:20-30pm that afternoon.
@ 7:40mm *this was his work from years ago

I suspect you want the time narrowed as much as possible but I can only provide dates. Maybe someone has a better timeline link with the hour the BG photo was released. Without knowing the date of the CO interview, it's not all that helpful, is it?

FEB 15, 2017
Autopsies conducted.

"We’re going to get to the bottom of this,” Leazenby says, “and do everything we can to use our resources."

Indiana State Police also release a photo of a man reportedly seen on the trail around the time the girls disappeared. The image shows a white male with his hands in his pockets while walking. He is wearing jeans, a navy blue jacket and a hat.

Feb. 22, 2017

At a news conference, police reveal Libby recorded video and audio of the suspect on her cell phone. The recording, which is released to the pubic, appears to capture a man's voice saying, "Down the hill."

When was the time the girls were dropped off at the Mears entrance revealed to the public?

I think that by waiting and getting more information he could have formulated a better story for the conservation officer. As far as I know, there is not any video of when Richard Allen actually left the Monon High Bridge area in his car. Maybe he was in the woods committing the crime and maybe he left the old CPS building at 3:30pm like he told the conservation officer, but can it be proven in court?

So we should have a trial before mid May! Finally. We have waited so long for this, I am elated. What are some of your questions you hope will be answered at trial? For me:

What time did the Hoosier camera pick up RA's vehicle enter and leave at the old CPS building.
Did Hoosier camera catch anyone leaving or entering the vehicle, even if a dark profile of a person.

Of course plenty more questions, however the above should be cleared up fairly easy.

Please no plea deal. Last thing I want to hear is the allegation a person was 'forced' to plead guilty.

Totally agreed on this. Snaps or clips. I don't think that's a zipper jacket, either. And it looks a little more supple. The white-- I don't think that's a print shirt. I think that's actually protruding. Pretty sure on the PCA they noted they took an Aquafina bottle from RA's home, maybe they were wondering if what we're seeing in the image was like a drinking bottle plastic white straw protruding out of the jacket. I hate to annoy with this, but I'm becoming really fascinated w/the idea that's a mic. It looks like one in terms of the shape. Obviously MOO, I'd swear that's a mic.
bbm
I agree.
If the white thing is a drinking tubing or a mic, I don't know, unfortunately. Since 2017 I would like to know, and I believe, the "thing" would have led us to the person of BG (so as if it is something special).

For me, any eyewitness testimony positively identify RA would be discounted by knowing that they lived with the sketches that look nothing like RA for 6 years without apparently saying so.
Perhaps, perhaps not

If they’ve got statements on record saying the guy they saw was (eg) huskier than the first sketch, younger than the second…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member