Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #181

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the fact defense did not call out the bullet discovery date makes me feel pretty confident it was found on 2/14.
This leads me to wonder why BMc went on a news broadcast and alluded to it being found later.
JMO
$$$ Gotta sensationalize and get those book sales up. So many people have monetized this case at the expense of Abby & Libby. They have become a minuscule part, if at all, of all the the SM news and Cable TV out there today.

There are real victims and so are their families, but they have been brushed aside for egos, ratings, clicks and likes. It's disgusting to me.

Let's get their murderer to trial, found guilty and put away.

moo

It was a written report, from my understanding. Weren't all these tips and reports put into an FBI computer software system? So the last name Allen wasn't showing up in the database. That's how I was understanding what happens. If the CO ever tried to follow up with anyone is still a mystery I've long wondered about.

I've wondered if the paper was misfiled. So someone tried to process it in the first days, the name was wrong, so it was filed in the 'garbage' folder by mistake. Then a cold review, ripping the case back down to the studs, located the original paper and someone worked out the mistake

It's certainly not unheard of for LE to come in contact with the killer in the first days, but not realise it until years later because reasons.

My understanding is that Dulin is LE. He carries a gun. He investigates crime. He arrests people. The defense certainly refers to him that way. I need to know several things:
Who initiated this meeting outside the grocery store?
In what capacity was DD working when he made this report?
Was he just chipping in or was he officially assigned as part of the investiagtion?
Who did he answer to?
Who was in charge at that time?
Did RA offer DD his cell phone for the MEID or was it attained by other means?
Where was the report physically located before it was (mis)filed into the FBi system?
When was it entered into that database?
Is there any record of any attempt to follow it up before it got filed away?
Where were all the leads and tips being congregated and dispersed for further investigation?
How many reports of other potential witnesses and suspects were never followed up on before being filed away?
Did DD personally do any followup, discuss it with anyone at the time, or over the next five years?
I have many more but I need java...
Geez layer, gimmie a minute, I need an espresso. :D

DD was a Conservation Officer at the time, but I believe they have similar LE training. I think it was all hands on deck as far as managing the incoming tips. Can you imagine the chaos?

I don't know who DD reported to or the LE hierarchy, I'm sure we'll hear about that at trial.
RA offered his 'phone' at the time as far as I understand the written statement by DD.

I don't know how the meeting with RA occurred or was set up outside the local grocery store.

The rest are million dollar questions (some hypothetical) that I hope we get the answers to at trial. I truly do.

MOO

When he said he shot them in the back?
No when he was lucid and speaking to Holeman on 10/26/22. Ra stated that there was no way his (singular) bullet was used to murder those girls.
To me the information that the girls were not killed by a bullet was not known by the public.
This was known by LE and the murderer.

Even if he has an alibi, do you think they would just dismiss the case against him?
The D has Holeman on tape saying this quote below. Remember, he said that with all the PCA info in his file. "Guilty of something"

Jerry Holeman: You’re guilty of something. You’re
guilty and I know it and I’m gonna
(naughty word) prove it.

Page 11
Yes, if RA had a proven alibi that could be confirmed beyond doubt, they would have to dismiss charges against him. IE, RA was seen on surveillance camera going through the drive through window at McDonalds at 2:15 or RA was seen at the local pool hall playing a round with 2 buddies from 1 - 3 pm. RA was working at CVS from 10 - 4pm that day.

If RA had one, he'd have been screaming it at the top of his lungs when they arrested him rather than sitting in the DOC being tortured and bullied by bad people.

MOO

Giving a false or misleading confession means RA must give the wrong information. He can't actually be describing correct information while he's making these could he?
I can buy into the psycho killer that loses it in detention and spews psychotic nonsense theory. I'd go with that. The false confession conspiracy, not so much. Maybe it's the poop thing.

No when he was lucid and speaking to Holeman on 10/26/22. Ra stated that there was no way his (singular) bullet was used to murder those girls.
To me the information that the girls were not killed by a bullet was not known by the public.

Interesting point.

I can buy into the psycho killer that loses it in detention and spews psychotic nonsense theory. I'd go with that. The false confession conspiracy, not so much. Maybe it's the poop thing.
But RA is not really psycho, he's pretending to be psycho during that month and a half.

Yes, the feces was a bridge too far, I mean I can see smearing it on one's self to sell the story, or throwing it at a guard, but did anyone actually see him consume it? I think that is more colorful exaggeration by the Defense.

IMO

RA met up with DD at some point before that photo was released. Maybe he saw DD in uniform and approached him appearing to be a helpful citizen. Never heard from him again until 2022 when he was the number one suspect.

I'm sure he had time after the murder to clean up a bit, grab from one of his MANY cell phones (CVS sells "burners" by the way") and provide his phone info knowing nothing would come of it. Prob even left his trusty car at home and drove KA's.

Ra stated that there was no way his (singular) bullet was used to murder those girls.
He would also have known that there was no way his (singular) bullet was used to murder those girls if he was completely innocent and unaware of how the girls were killed, right?

I don't think we know that RA would have had to been psychotic at the time..maybe he was fulfilling a lifetime fantasy and he obviously came prepared. Scary thought.

We also don't know how he reacted right after the murders because the D, with all their theories and accusations, have never come out and said where RA was that day or provided him with any alibi during that time. If RA had a solid, provable alibi he wouldn't still be sitting in the DOC awaiting trial.

If someone is pointing a loaded gun at you it really wouldn't warrant raised voices or yelling, they would have complied like the innocent lambs they were.

All speculation on my part.
Yes. You won me over. He could have something even worse than psychotic breaks - something pervasive. I guess he must be a pretty unusual childkiller.

Spontaneous yet planned ala BTK in his less successful attacks. Extremely high risk. Little time with the victims (or am I assuming too much?)

I don't think we know that RA would have had to been psychotic at the time..maybe he was fulfilling a lifetime fantasy and he obviously came prepared. Scary thought.

We also don't know how he reacted right after the murders because the D, with all their theories and accusations, have never come out and said where RA was that day or provided him with any alibi during that time. If RA had a solid, provable alibi he wouldn't still be sitting in the DOC awaiting trial.

If someone is pointing a loaded gun at you it really wouldn't warrant raised voices or yelling, they would have complied like the innocent lambs they were.

All speculation on my part.
You know, you just made me think about something in a new light. I thought well no RA never provided an alibi because what he did do was place himself at the crime scene. A big viola!

Many have expressed, but that then shows someone who's innocent. He called to say that even before Libby's video/picture came out. Why would the killer do that?

I started thinking well maybe he thought someone he saw might remember him as that guy that works at CVS? Then I thought maybe one of the young girl's. CVS would ve the place to shop for make-up/nail stuff/perfume etc..., in a small town. Maybe one of those girl's saying hi or smiling at him gave him cause for alarm that one of them would remember him from CVS? They were, as far as we know, the only people RA mentioned seeing. Maybe that was why he came forward so quickly? Just some thoughts

Gray Hughes video of the animated probable cause affidavit. It is noted in the beginning he took some liberties as some portions are unknown. However... looking at this:
1713446309653.png
The witness who saw RA on the bridge and turned around. Passed Libby and Abby while heading to her car. Bridge guy is photographed by Libby. They are taken down the hill by "someone". So we are to believe the other people either walked down the same path across the bridge to meet? Or believe they were already stationed "down the hill" to perform this day time ritual?
1713446500417.png
Where did they park? Did they walk? Were they dropped off? Who were they? Why hasn't RA rolled on his partners?

IMO the fact defense did not call out the bullet discovery date makes me feel pretty confident it was found on 2/14.
This leads me to wonder why BMc went on a news broadcast and alluded to it being found later.
JMO
MOO but I get the inkling that the bullet was found “later” as in later in the day, toward what must have been a lengthy process to document the crime scene, gather additional needed staff, remove bodies to the cornoner’s custody, and then do (hopefully) a meticulous job of gathering evidence without contaminating it. How long does it take to gather all kinds of prints in a woodland? So maybe the little casing was one of the last items discovered at the immediate crime scene (not to mention they had to gather from the whole area around it) and somehow it got exaggerated as to how “later” it was found.

Even if he has an alibi, do you think they would just dismiss the case against him?
The D has Holeman on tape saying this quote below. Remember, he said that with all the PCA info in his file. "Guilty of something"

Jerry Holeman: You’re guilty of something. You’re
guilty and I know it and I’m gonna
(naughty word) prove it.

Page 11
LE can and do say many things to try and get an interviewee to keep talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ashtonsmyangel!