Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #181

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do know that JH told RA that he was going down for this! That'd freak me out if I was innocent of any wrongdoing. Flight, fight or freeze? Biggest unsolved crime in Indiana history and the Lead Investigator yells "You're going down for this!" I would believe him.

Why was Sgt Holeman alone in the room with him, initially, without benefit of a recording? Aren't they supposed to have two investigators in the room for questioning or no?
If I KNEW I was innocent, I'd laugh in his face and say, Dude get a grip, then ask if I was free to go and/or call my lawyer.

We have a bit of context in the motion that shows they are both talking about a singular bullet. We just don't know the discussion before this:

Jerry Holeman: The evidence clearly indicates you are
involved in this.

Rick Allen: No.

Jerry Holeman: It *advertiser censored*g does.

Rick Allen: It doesn’t. I’m telling you that there is
no way that a bullet from my gun was
used in these murders.

Jerry Holeman: And I’m telling you that we had this
*advertiser censored*g round on February 14, 2017,
and it’s been secured in a *advertiser censored*g
laboratory, and we’ve tested other
guns...

Rick Allen: You could have taken it from
somewhere else then, because it’s not
possible.

Jerry Holeman: I did not take it from somewhere else.
It was logged in. It was taken. It was
photographed. You think we
took a round and threw it down by the
dead girl’s foot? This ain’t *advertiser censored*g TV.
This is realistic.

This all sounds singular. "a round". "it". "a bullet" "I'm telling you".. they both say this which means they had both already said what they said.

Gray Hughes video of the animated probable cause affidavit. It is noted in the beginning he took some liberties as some portions are unknown. However... looking at this:
View attachment 497978
The witness who saw RA on the bridge and turned around. Passed Libby and Abby while heading to her car. Bridge guy is photographed by Libby. They are taken down the hill by "someone". So we are to believe the other people either walked down the same path across the bridge to meet? Or believe they were already stationed "down the hill" to perform this day time ritual?
View attachment 497979
Where did they park? Did they walk? Were they dropped off? Who were they? Why hasn't RA rolled on his partners?
IMO he is a lone wolf. Most profilers would agree. Child sexual predators assault and kill within 1 hour and work alone from the information I have read. JMO
If it were a group they would have been seen and heard. The girls would have been transported from the area and then left in another location some time later. Not returned to a location crawling with searchers and LE.
RA worked alone and picked the crime scene location in advance. I do believe he is an organized killer and planned well in advance the major components of the crime. He just was waiting for the right victims to be isolated.
I do believe his exit was hasty and did not go as planned.
All MOOOO

Last edited:
MOO but I get the inkling that the bullet was found “later” as in later in the day, toward what must have been a lengthy process to document the crime scene, gather additional needed staff, remove bodies to the cornoner’s custody, and then do (hopefully) a meticulous job of gathering evidence without contaminating it. How long does it take to gather all kinds of prints in a woodland? So maybe the little casing was one of the last items discovered at the immediate crime scene (not to mention they had to gather from the whole area around it) and somehow it got exaggerated as to how “later” it was found.

I agree that the bullet was found toward the end of the 14th after sticks and leaves had been painstakingly photographed and removed later by layer.
She didn’t exaggerate she absolutely eluded to the bullet being found days later when the crime scene had already been unsecured.
Wildly different IMO.

Not only that people were acting like the bullet was buried deep into the ground. Let's say it was. Well RA what were you doing out there way back when? How often did you venture to that one spot to plot, plan and fantasize?

We have a bit of context in the motion that shows they are both talking about a singular bullet. We just don't know the discussion before this:

Jerry Holeman: The evidence clearly indicates you are
involved in this.

Rick Allen: No.

Jerry Holeman: It *advertiser censored*g does.

Rick Allen: It doesn’t. I’m telling you that there is
no way that a bullet from my gun was
used in these murders.

Jerry Holeman: And I’m telling you that we had this
*advertiser censored*g round on February 14, 2017,
and it’s been secured in a *advertiser censored*g
laboratory, and we’ve tested other
guns...

Rick Allen: You could have taken it from
somewhere else then, because it’s not
possible.

Jerry Holeman: I did not take it from somewhere else.
It was logged in. It was taken. It was
photographed. You think we
took a round and threw it down by the
dead girl’s foot? This ain’t *advertiser censored*g TV.
This is realistic.

This all sounds singular. "a round". "it". "a bullet" "I'm telling you".. they both say this which means they had both already said what they said.
Well in this sequence RA mentioned a singular bullet from his gun 1st. JH was being vague by using the term “evidence”. He never said gun or bullet.
Then he blames LE for framing him. Pretty bold IMO

Well in this sequence RA mentioned a singular bullet from his gun 1st. JH was being vague by using the term “evidence”. He never said gun or bullet.
Then he blames LE for framing him. Pretty bold IMO
Gonna be a glorious day when we get our hands on the transcripts! An even more glorious day when Justice prevails!

A leatherman and swiss army knife is used exactly like a pocket knife. I doubt any of them would be used for cutting down tree limbs, but who knows what will match up with wound patterns. Ugh
My multi tool absolutely would cut down a small branch. But I don’t think he needed to that day. I think there were plenty to choose from.

My hubby has like three or four of those hanging around...in car, tackle box, junk drawer...
Yes I don’t think it’s too odd to have a couple. One for occasional use. One for an emergency kit or bug out bag. Maybe more if you are outdoorsy.
I am way more interested in what was found on his electronic devices. JMO

Yes I don’t think it’s too odd to have a couple. One for occasional use. One for an emergency kit or bug out bag. Maybe more if you are outdoorsy.
I am way more interested in what was found on his electronic devices. JMO
I'm sorry for the jury who will most likely have to view and hear evidence we are spared from. :(
Omo.

I agree that the bullet was found toward the end of the 14th after sticks and leaves had been painstakingly photographed and removed later by layer.
She didn’t exaggerate she absolutely eluded to the bullet being found days later when the crime scene had already been unsecured.
Wildly different IMO.
Thanks, and I realize i should have said unspent bullet, not casing. Can’t edit.

Thanks, and I realize i should have said unspent bullet, not casing. Can’t edit.
Don't bother, it's primarily the casing of the unspent round that would be used to make comparisons. These is some chance that the feed ramps or chamber could have left distinctive marks on a lead projectile, but it's doubtful.
JMO

My hubby has like three or four of those hanging around...in car, tackle box, junk drawer...
My husband does too. Plenty ‘o knives. One time he forgot his fish fillet knife was in his carry-on bag. That was a fun time in TSA. Especially for POC. He even bought me a big knife to keep in my glove box in case I need to extract myself from my seatbelt or something. Lol, you know I’ll forget it’s there if that time comes. A ridiculous number of knives, old cellphones, other gadgets will never surprise me.
Now if they are secret cell phones with interesting information stored and knives with forensic evidence, there we can quickly become interested. And that we wait to find out.

We do know that JH told RA that he was going down for this! That'd freak me out if I was innocent of any wrongdoing. Flight, fight or freeze? Biggest unsolved crime in Indiana history and the Lead Investigator yells "You're going down for this!" I would believe him.

Why was Sgt Holeman alone in the room with him, initially, without benefit of a recording? Aren't they supposed to have two investigators in the room for questioning or no?
They had a recording except for the first part where the Miranda reading should have been.
Number 23 is kind of tricky. If he remembered to Mirandize him the first time, why wouldn't he do it the second time? BUT he remembered to remind him? That makes no sense at all.

21.Either way, the beginning of the interaction between Holeman and
Rick in the interrogation room when introductions are typically made
and Miranda rights are always reviewed is missing. In the 70+ years
of experience between co-counsels, this is highly unusual, especially
on a high-profile case of this nature.
22.The defense has not been provided with any report explaining this
missing part of the video.

23.To make matters more suspicious, Holeman claims in his November
1, 2022, report (memorializing his October 26 interrogation of Rick
Allen) the following: “I asked Mr. Allen if he remembered the other
detectives reading him his Miranda rights and he said yes. I told him
he was free to go at anytime and that the door was unlocked.”