Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #181

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>
Keep that in mind when you think of the photographs that were leaked. They could have been just 9 out of a thousand that resembled a rune. It could have been after 3 layers of sticks had been removed and the poor girls remains were fully visible. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
When he said he shot them in the back?

I don't think so. My guess when he said he shot them in the back was his way of trying to throw his confessions off balance. Wanting LE to say he didn't do that. Wanting LE to say that's a false confession, we have the wrong guy. But RA didn't fool them. Or me.

They had a recording except for the first part where the Miranda reading should have been.
Number 23 is kind of tricky. If he remembered to Mirandize him the first time, why wouldn't he do it the second time? BUT he remembered to remind him? That makes no sense at all.

21.Either way, the beginning of the interaction between Holeman and
Rick in the interrogation room when introductions are typically made
and Miranda rights are always reviewed is missing. In the 70+ years
of experience between co-counsels, this is highly unusual, especially
on a high-profile case of this nature.
22.The defense has not been provided with any report explaining this
missing part of the video.

23.To make matters more suspicious, Holeman claims in his November
1, 2022, report (memorializing his October 26 interrogation of Rick
Allen) the following: “I asked Mr. Allen if he remembered the other
detectives reading him his Miranda rights and he said yes. I told him
he was free to go at anytime and that the door was unlocked.”
Perhaps the other detectives read him the rights before he entered the room just moments before? When did it be required to record a defendant being mirandized? I didn’t realize that all of them must be recorded to be valid. I thought it was more a CYA thing IMO

Actually I looked it up and I there is no requirement that the Miranda rights be recorded.
Looks like they can’t have more than 2 interviewers in the room besides suspect.

https://www.in.gov/isp/files/Custodial-Interrogations.pdf

Last edited:
But RA is not really psycho, he's pretending to be psycho during that month and a half.

Yes, the feces was a bridge too far, I mean I can see smearing it on one's self to sell the story, or throwing it at a guard, but did anyone actually see him consume it? I think that is more colorful exaggeration by the Defense.

IMO

Yes to this! So much has been exaggerated that I'll wait until trial or other form of information on this subject. When RA told the first CO he was on the trail from 1:30 to 3:30 IMO he changed that later. When RA told others he killed Abby and Libby he changed that story. Maybe he was just confused from the isolation that he thought chocolate cake was something else. Remember his mental health, making a claim like this would endorse the theory of mental decline. All this is my opinion.

Yes. You won me over. He could have something even worse than psychotic breaks - something pervasive. I guess he must be a pretty unusual childkiller.

Spontaneous yet planned ala BTK in his less successful attacks. Extremely high risk. Little time with the victims (or am I assuming too much?)
An hour and a half. That is a long time when he had total control by weapon over the girls. Just as a little example, set your alarm for an hour and 30 minutes. It's a lot longer than you realize. I saw that done in Court one time and was shocked to see how slow even 10 minutes went by.

I promise I'm not trying to win anyone over. I just like to present the other side of the coin. :)

JMO

Yes to this! So much has been exaggerated that I'll wait until trial or other form of information on this subject. When RA told the first CO he was on the trail from 1:30 to 3:30 IMO he changed that later. When RA told others he killed Abby and Libby he changed that story. Maybe he was just confused from the isolation that he thought chocolate cake was something else. Remember his mental health, making a claim like this would endorse the theory of mental decline. All this is my opinion.
Whoever did this crime is insane, a sound mind could never conceive of such a thing. Let alone be tempted by such a thing, once conceived. Let alone go forward with it. If that makes me naive, I'm good.
Note this has nothing to do with insanity defense, JMO and I'm not a psychologist.

Perhaps the other detectives read him the rights before he entered the room just moments before? When did it be required to record a defendant being mirandized? I didn’t realize that all of them must be recorded to be valid. I thought it was more a CYA thing IMO

Actually I looked it up and I there is no requirement that the Miranda rights be recorded.
Looks like they can’t have more than 2 interviewers in the room besides suspect.

It isn't a requirement to record the warning, but it begins to look suspicious when common practice is to record or somehow memorialize it.

The pdf you linked states clearly that a custodial interrogation "shall require audio and visual recordings" at IV(A).

ADMIN NOTE:

The claim of RA eating feces is either true or untrue.

If members believe it to be true and attributable to mental illness, they may simply say they believe it could be due to mental illness (without getting into diagnosing specific disorders, which we are not in a position to do)

If members believe it is malingering, they may say so, and their reasons why they think RA or his defence team would state this.

What we don’t need are all the little poop anecdotes that happened to whomever, whenever, wherever and that don’t relate directly to this case , OR discussion and articles about various mental health issues that may have nothing to do with the case either.

Whoever did this crime is insane, a sound mind could never conceive of such a thing. Let alone be tempted by such a thing, once conceived. Let alone go forward with it. If that makes me naive, I'm good.
Note this has nothing to do with insanity defense, JMO and I'm not a psychologist.
It happens layer, all the time. Look at all these threads, hundreds. I used to follow some child murders now I cannot. I may post a wish they are found and keep up at a high level, but it's too heartbreaking. :(

This is why I've stuck with the case of Abby & Libby for sooooo long. I want justice for these girls and their poor families who have been drug through the mud for 7 years.

If a jury decides it isn't RA, then that is something I will have to deal with, but I believe in my heart it is him. My ego or being right has absolutely nothing to do with it.

MOO

It isn't a requirement to record the warning, but it begins to look suspicious when common practice is to record or somehow memorialize it.

The pdf you linked states clearly that a custodial interrogation "shall require audio and visual recordings" at IV(A).
RA wasn't under custody/arrest at the time during the second interview when Holeman 'wanted to ask him a few more questions'.

EBM: Clarification

Not only that people were acting like the bullet was buried deep into the ground. Let's say it was. Well RA what were you doing out there way back when? How often did you venture to that one spot to plot, plan and fantasize?
RA stated in his interview he did not know RL nor had he ever been on his property hunting or otherwise.

Yes the interview was recorded this is noted in the motion by defense.
I was referring to the recording of the reading of the Miranda Rights.

Per page 3
If possible, tape or digitally record the verbal “Warning” and the “Waiver of Rights”.

Some ammo has identifying head markings/stamps. What if those markings were identical to the box(es) they recovered from the RA's home. Just another brick in the wall.
Until several years ago it was more or less myth that fingerprints could be lifted from fired casings at all. They are doing it now, but it was never a problem to lift them from unfired ammo that has been handled. Brass is like a fingerprint magnet. The fact that RA seems like a pack rat and the fact that they seized boxed, loose and loaded ammo along with at least one empty ammo box, maybe they can. The box will have identifying information, if the mystery bullet is from the same mfg and lot# that looks very bad. Not conclusive but compelling. I'd give up on the bullet comparisons and go straight for that. Then again I'd toss it all out for a fingerprint or dna.

Yes the interview was recorded this is noted in the motion by defense.
I was referring to the recording of the reading of the Miranda Rights.

Per page 3
If possible, tape or digitally record the verbal “Warning” and the “Waiver of Rights”.

Which is why I wrote the first sentence of my post in the wording I did.

"It isn't a requirement to record the warning, but it begins to look suspicious when common practice is to record or somehow memorialize it."

Which is why I wrote the first sentence of my post in the wording I did.

"It isn't a requirement to record the warning, but it begins to look suspicious when common practice is to record or somehow memorialize it."
Yes I just wanted to highlight that the meat of this motion which centers around the Miranda Rights and whether it was recorded.
No one was arguing that the interview wasn’t recorded as the defense quoted directly from the recorded interview.
No amount of suspicion the defense tries to throw at LE or Prosecution removes any suspicion from their client. IMO
I don’t doubt for one second that RA was read his rights before the interview. JMO

I feel like all defense is trying to do is introduce doubt about the LE and the prosecution so maybe a little will rub off onto the evidence the state will present at trial. IMO
Logical minds aren’t so easily fooled. IMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members