Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #181

Status
Not open for further replies.
The State did say they were planning to call all of them as witnesses. I don’t think they are calling them to testify that they walked down the hall with him.
Besides, whether he confessed 30 times or 4 times or 3,574 times, he has confessed multiple times.

You're assuming that he confessed to all of them.

I'm not assuming that's what it means because it's not what it says.

IMO MOO

"The state has identified and provide the names of all suicides companions, which the State intends to call was witnesses for confessions and relevant statements against his own interest, which includes 16 correctional officers, 8 inmate companions, Warden Galipeau, Mental Health personnel and Indiana State Police Officers".

From one person who went to the hearing in June, RA made at least 10 confessions to different people- to the warden, wife, mother and mental health personnel. It's possible some of those people the state pretend to call is just for testify about his behavior but seems to me that he confessed to many people.

In the category of I-have-no-legitimate-reason-to-say-this, I’ve wondered if in chatting about the case KA has ever divulged that RA was there that day. It’s still hard for me to imagine she didn’t recognize BG if he is her husband, AND she knew he was there (?) but almost even more surprising if she had no suspicion yet never talked about it. I might have a big mouth and when the topic came up want to say that my husband was there and probably just missed seeing the girls and killer. Just normal conversation regarding knowledge about an abnormal and terrible thing that happened. You know, like telling people about how someone you know crossed the Minneapolis or Baltimore bridge 10 minutes before it collapsed. Maybe I overshare.
So, I’ve wondered if she did divulge that to someone who went “hmm” and tipped him in.
ETA: This scenario could work whether RA is or is not BG in the end.
Afaik, KA even went to Libby's funeral, and I don't know, whether I had visited, if I had recognized my own husband on the bridge. So one could think, she didn't recognize him - but WHY not? Or was she just happy, that so many other men (even equipped with a rap-sheet) were suspected to be that man on the MHB?

"The state has identified and provide the the names of all suicides companions, which the State intends to call was witnesses for confessions and relevant statements against his own interest, which includes 16 correctional officers, 8 inmate companions, Warden Galipeau, Mental Health personnel and Indiana State Police Officers".

From one person who went to the hearing in June, RA made at least 10 confessions to different people- to the warden, wife, mother and mental health personnel. It's possible some of those people the state pretend to call is just for testify about his behavior but seems to me that he confessed to many people.

Confession to the Warden and Police Officers could be particularly damaging, on top of his mum and wife. The warden will likely be an authoritative witness, just by nature of his office. And the jury will hear the recorded confessions to the wife and mother themselves (unless suppressed).

It feels to me that the defence will need to prove he was gripped by a psychosis and not of his right mind, or he will go down for this.

I don’t think the prosecution would be interested in records on Click if they did not have some reason to think he did have credibility issues.
I will add, the fact that the defense did not object to the prosecution checking on Click’s records, to me, indicates that the Odinist theory will not see the light of day at trial.

wonder if they can't stop it?

Like if the roles were reversed, I guess the defence would be allowed to lead that evidence of dishonesty?

It feels to me that the defence will need to prove he was gripped by a psychosis and not of his right mind, or he will go down for this.
There's the rub. To many, myself included, whoever did this crime must have been gripped by a psychosis and not of his right mind. In effect, the defense would be demonstrating that RA is likely guilty by going that route.

Why do people buy every word the State says, assuming it's Gospel, but everything the defense says comes from lying defense attorneys?

IMO MOO

I don't buy every word they say, but i did point out on the defense filing that it was bizarre that they failed to provide a contextual list or timeline of confessions and left the worst ones out.

So when the prosecution does provide said list for me it reinforces my scepticism as to why the defence did not do so. Remember the defence was asking the judge to exclude things from the jury.

There is no need to hide the details from the judge.

ADMIN NOTE:

Please move on from discussion of military time. Obviously we don't have the answer and it is just derailing the discussion. Rather than remove the numerous posts about it, we decided to leave it as it getting too convoluted to remove so many posts that ultimately morphed into discussion about 2 or 3 PCAs.

Just move on from the military times discussion. Thanks !!

Yes the claim is he was physically and emotionally coerced. We know he was tased once. We know he was on suicide watch and exhibiting troubling behaviors. So now do we have to wait until the defense reviews hundreds of hours of footage to prove this? I said it before but we should plainly be able to see what the state actors were doing to cause this distress leading to multiple confessions.

I said it before but we should plainly be able to see what the state actors were doing to cause this distress leading to multiple confessions.
Even if they could get the confessions tossed, the state should still have all the evidence they used to put RA there in the first place, right? If it turns out that the strongest evidence against RA only came into existence after he was incarcerated, that would not look good to me, either.

Yes the claim is he was physically and emotionally coerced. We know he was tased once. We know he was on suicide watch and exhibiting troubling behaviors. So now do we have to wait until the defense reviews hundreds of hours of footage to prove this? I said it before but we should plainly be able to see what the state actors were doing to cause this distress leading to multiple confessions.

I honestly don't see this being resolved before the supposed trial date.

IMO for the Judge to grant the motion, she needs the context and nature of each confession, which means a detailed hearing with various witnesses - perhaps video like you say, and the medical experts ... and first the defence has to actually file a proper brief which particularises each confession they want excluded and argues to the various categories (IMO)

How can any of this get done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member